Franchise tag not used by the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Franchise tag not used by the Patriots

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think you are looking at it like the Pats are looking at it. I hope you (and the Pats) are correct. I have to assume the Pats made him an offer already. I also have to assume some one has whispered in Talib's agents ear, allowing him to pass on the Pats offer. Knowing how BB negotiates, most likely he gave Talib his best offer already, and Talib passed....so far. Thats not to say someone comes in higher. Maybe Pats offer will be best Talib gets.  

Talib's injury history shows nothing major, mostly hamstring and tendon issues. He has age and size on his side. He has also shown that not only can he play the Pats system, but he can be game planned for a particular opposing team.

I thought DRC played very poorly last year. I do like Grimes in that top tier, but I think his cost is just as high, or higher than Talib.

I would hate to see the Pats try and get a CB for middling or bottom $$$'s. I thought they did that last year with Gregory. Gregory was a 3rd safety in a rotation, forced to start with the Pats due to others poor play. Pats need a big, physical CB that can be game planned to jam and play big time WR's one on one much of a game. They need a CB that can tackle.

Talib is not Revis, but we know what he is, what he can and cant do. I hope the Pats can retain him.

To me that's even more concerning then broken bones. Hamstring and tendon problems linger with plays and typically if they have a history will happen more often then not. Looking at his playing history, 10 games last year, 13 the year before that, 11 the year before that. The guy has never played a full season in his life and has averaged about 2/3rds of a season in the last 3 years. Yes his injures were minor but a couple games here or there add up along with the game or two it takes him to get back up to full health. If these are lingering issues you might only get 100% from Talib for half a season. To me this drops him all the way to the bottom of the 6-7 player tier he's in and a gamble for teams. If he didn't play for the Pats this past season I wouldn't even want him on the team, but seeing him help the secondary makes me want to bring him back; on a contract we can easily dump if need be. I just can't see other teams looking at that and saying we must have him at a #1 CB cost compared to the other guys on the market or going CB early in the draft

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

so lets call it here and now. I am hoping he ends up with the Pats, but I say the Pats have already made their best offer to him, and some other team trumps that offer. Assuming  Talib is in that top 3-5 CB's we have seen on many lists, I unfortunately see the Pats settling for a CB in that 10th and lower tier...

What do you think Pats Eng?

Rusty you trained poodle following me all around on this board, dont bother to answer because no one cares what you think.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

so lets call it here and now. I am hoping he ends up with the Pats, but I say the Pats have already made their best offer to him, and some other team trumps that offer. Assuming  Talib is in that top 3-5 CB's we have seen on many lists, I unfortunately see the Pats settling for a CB in that 10th and lower tier...

Rusty you trained poodle following me all around on this board, dont bother to answer because no one cares what you think.

You have no credibility here whatsoever.  RKarp, please give us a cap update for the Jets.

You said 30 million under by the first week of March. Well....Where is the update?

I said by the start of free agency signing period...you shall see, you will be wrong as usual

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not even sure if they made him an offer truthfully, given what's come out recently. But I'd say he'll end up with a 2 year deal in the 10-12mil range with 4mil being signing and 2mil gauranteed the 1st year another 2mil roster bonus in 14'. Whether that's with us or someone else not sure.

But, if they decide they want to part ways with Talib I could see them target Grimes, Houston, Lewis, or take a chance on Carter. Grimes should be low risk high reward contract the Pats tend to like being more stable with Talib ability. Houston has Talib ability with the same inconsistency problems but not injury or off-field issue concerns. Lewis and Carter played real well last year but don't have the history yet but certainly high upside with youth.

My gut feeling says Talib won't find nearly the market he's looking for and we'll get him on a good deal if he comes back quickly. Otherwise I see them signing a CB in the first 2 weeks and if not Talib there are plenty of other options

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm not even sure if they made him an offer truthfully, given what's come out recently. But I'd say he'll end up with a 2 year deal in the 10-12mil range with 4mil being signing and 2mil gauranteed the 1st year another 2mil roster bonus in 14'. Whether that's with us or someone else not sure.

But, if they decide they want to part ways with Talib I could see them target Grimes, Houston, Lewis, or take a chance on Carter. Grimes should be low risk high reward contract the Pats tend to like being more stable with Talib ability. Houston has Talib ability with the same inconsistency problems but not injury or off-field issue concerns. Lewis and Carter played real well last year but don't have the history yet but certainly high upside with youth.

My gut feeling says Talib won't find nearly the market he's looking for and we'll get him on a good deal if he comes back quickly. Otherwise I see them signing a CB in the first 2 weeks and if not Talib there are plenty of other options

so if I understand correctly what you are saying, you think Talib signs 2/$10-$12. you think it breaks down like this, give or take?

2013- $4 million signing bonus. $2 million salary

2014-$2 million roster bonus. $2 million salary

I think he signs for 3/$16-$18 with  $6 guaranteed.

Just my thought, I think you feel his off the field will really hurt his salary, guarantee. You may be correct, but I feel other wise.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

You have no credibility here whatsoever.  RKarp, please give us a cap update for the Jets.

You said 30 million under by the first week of March. Well....Where is the update?

Why are you following RKarp around and hounding him everywhere he goes? Seems you're doing the same thing that you used to criticize that 'vertigho' character for (what ever happened to him? He seemed like a sensible, logical poster).

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

you know what, I misjudged the Jets situation.

It ok, you can be my poodle and follow me around, and I will be back on at the start of free agency for an update on the Jets cap situation.

Sections
Shortcuts