Franchise tags handed out...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Franchise tags handed out...

I just noticed Goldson and Grimes have been franchised. It was expected but it is a bummer as they would have been great additions.

Forte has been franchised, as well as D-Jackson and Rice is next. Anybody else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Franchise tags handed out...

Campbell AZ, Davis WA, Branch Oak

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Reiss comes thru in the clutch....http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718535/keeping-track-of-franchise-tags

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm still hoping Griffin doesn't get tagged by Tenn. I think Griffin would be the perfect fit at FS for us

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

One of the great things about Griffin is he hasn't missed a game in 5 years.  Most Pats safeties haven't made it through a complete season w/o missing a game in the BB era.
    I agree, he'd be able to add backfield leadership where it is sorely needed.  And I'd rather have a proven NFL safety than a draftee (e.g. Barron).
    As long as it would not hamstring the Pats from addressing pass rush needs I'd take a shot at Griffin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: Franchise tags handed out...": [QUOTE]One of the great things about Griffin is he hasn't missed a game in 5 years.  Most Pats safeties haven't made it through a complete season w/o missing a game in the BB era. I agree, he'd be able to add backfield leadership where it is sorely needed.  And I'd rather have a proven NFL safety than a draftee (e.g. Barron). As long as it would not hamstring the Pats from addressing pass rush needs I'd take a shot at Griffin. Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE] Agreed, the pats need a heathy veteran presence at safety,free agent rte. Griffin would be a good choice, let's wait and see if bill goes that route.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ESPN.com staff

The New Orleans Saints have placed their exclusive-rights franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees, the team confirmed Saturday. 

The Saints were unable to agree to a long-term deal with Brees and didn't want to risk losing him in free agency. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Franchise tags handed out...:
    [QUOTE]Like the Beatles "I've got a feeling", I think Welker is going. He dropped a lot of passes the past couple of years, and its going to cost him. BB is a crazy man, and if he doesn't think the value is there.......adios.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    So, every great receiver who drops a "few" passes is washed up?  Imagine the Pats offense without Welker in the slot these last few years...  'nuff said!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Saints place franchise tag on Drew Brees March, 3, 2012 MAR By ESPN.com staff The New Orleans Saints have placed their exclusive-rights franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees, the team confirmed Saturday.  The Saints were unable to agree to a long-term deal with Brees and didn't want to risk losing him in free agency. 
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

wow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Like the Beatles "I've got a feeling", I think Welker is going. He dropped a lot of passes the past couple of years, and its going to cost him. BB is a crazy man, and if he doesn't think the value is there.......adios.

I would argue that when you average 170 targets a year you will be near the top in dropped passes.

It is a good thing to be get 170 targets, especially when you catch over 70% of them.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Doubt it. WW is our #1 WR

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Titans expected to franchise tag safety Michael Griffin

Jacksonville Jaguars v Tennessee TitansGetty Images

Conflicting reports surfaced late this week regarding the Titans’ 2012 franchise tag. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora said the team would “likely” assign it to free agent cornerbackCortland Finnegan. ESPN’s Adam Schefter insisted that wasn’t happening.

If Schefter’s latest report is true, Finnegan definitely won’t be tagged.

Citing a league source, Schefter reports that the Titans will “likely” place the franchise tag on free agent safetyMichael Griffin.

Whereas Finnegan’s cornerback tag would have cost Tennessee in excess of $10 million, the value of the safety tag is a much more reasonable $6.2 million. NFL teams can’t use two franchise tags in the same year, of course.

It looks like Griffin is headed back to Nashville, and Finnegan to the open market.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sigh, thanks Rocky. I was hoping they wouldn't tag Griffin but that might have been to much to hope for truthfully. Given the price tag Griffin seemed like the logical tag target.  Oh well maybe they can target Nelson or DeCoud but nether are nearly as good as Griffin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718535/keeping-track-of-franchise-tags

Cliff Avril as well.

Sections
Shortcuts