Frankly--I thought it was a great game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Frankly--I thought it was a great game.

It was drama, excitment, back and forth football. Either team could have won (if only Arrington hadn't slipped) both teams played hard and nasty football.  A good test for this team. You know they can't win all games, Last week bothered me more than this week because they were home against what we all thought was a sub par team-boy a lot of people wrong about that.!!

Interesting the same people on this board grip whether they win or lose. A lot of armchair HC, OC,  and DCs.  I like this team and I like it a lot more than last year s team. As Belichick  says you don't know what the team is made of until November.

and be honest--how many of you thought they were going to go into Baltimore and win that game--I didn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Frankly--I thought it was a great game.

I thought it was a great game as well. Some of it was sloppy, the Refs had issues but When Brady goes into the shotgun he proved again you cant stop him. I think once Rice got going it was going to be tough to win cause the last team with the ball was going to win it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Officiating aside...  I thought one of the biggest keys of this game was on the Pats last possession in which the Ravens D did something the Pats D couldn't do.  Make back to back defensive plays that sacked Brady twice to stall that drive.  If the Pats D had done the same, we may still complain about the officiating, but not with some "whine"!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

For subjective fans, yes, VERY good game.

But for me, persoanlly, as a PAts fan, it was incredibly frustrating. I'm not talking officials here. I'm talking:

-Being up 13-0, and watching that fizzle into a 13-14 defecit

-Watching two INTs get flat-out dropped, and a third hit the ground because a DB hit an apparent ice patch

-Being up 9 in the 4th and finding a way to s n a t c h (as in grab, not female anatomy) defeat from the jaws of victory

-When it mattered most, watching the D and O fail miserably

Baltimore is a GOOD team, and to lose to them by a single point is, on the surface, nothing to be frustrated about. But, considering those 4 points above, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I am not used to seeing this team lose games like that, they simply shouldn't as evidenced by their, now, 105-5 record in games they lead by 9+ in the 4th quarter under BB.

But, again, when I take my Pats garb off and look as an NFL fan, yes, that was an extremely exciting game by the class of the AFC.

Now my garb is back on and I want to punch something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

It was an incredibly entertaining game.  But the officiating really interfered with your ability to take the game as it was unfolding and accept it.  I'm sorry, but I can't get past all the blown calls and non-calls and the impact they had on the outcome of the game.  You can say the Pats D didn't make a stop when they had to; you can also say that no defense can make stops when the offense is allowed to hold them all day long without getting flagged.  I don't know why people on this board are overlooking this basic act.

Sections
Shortcuts