Fred Taylor Hurt Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again

An injured Fred Taylor is better than a healthy you-know-who

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he'll just have to trudge along and paly like other do with shoulder injuries, rib injuries, finger injuries. that's what a Patriot does, and they don't wimper

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

He had full participation. He isn't hurt. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Fred Taylor Hurt Again:
         Here we go again...this time it's his toe. The injury is believed to be not serious. But, the bottom line is, the Pats 34 year old starting RB is dinged up, again: http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-boston/patriots-rb-fred-taylor-limited-practice-with-a-toe-injury
    Posted by TexasPat3

I'm very surprised by this news.

Not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From WEEI.com:

Patriots Injury Report for Thursday
    Did Not Practice

OL Nick Kaczur (back)
    CB Terrence Wheatley (foot)

Limited Participation
    WR Julian Edelman (foot)

Full Participation
    RB Fred Taylor (toe)
    QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Don't be surprised if the Pats make a run at RB Rams' Steven Jackson, either this year or next. The offer will likely be something like their own 2nd, and the 4th round pick, acquired from Denver in the Maroney deal. No way will the Pats spend a high #1 pick on a RB.

The way Jackson's contract is structured gives the Pats a legitimate shot at getting him, at a fairly reasonable price: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3546615

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Of course we all knew that Taylor would get hurt (Morris probably will, too), but you'd like to see the guy get through more than one game. And although this is in no way surprising, it seems a bit ironic as the Pats just traded away dependable (if frustrating) running back depth for what amounts to nothing.

I can only assume Belichick knows something about Law Firm that we don't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

An injured Fred Taylor is better than a healthy you-know-who
    Posted by themightypatriotz

lol Mighty, I think you are happier with Maroney being traded than you were with the Pats win on Sunday.Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again:
    Of course we all knew that Taylor would get hurt (Morris probably will, too), but you'd like to see the guy get through more than one game. And although this is in no way surprising, it seems a bit ironic as the Pats just traded away dependable (if frustrating) running back depth for what amounts to nothing. I can only assume Belichick knows something about Law Firm that we don't.
    Posted by p-mike

My point exactly. We all know that neither Taylor or Morris will last anywhere near the entire season. I'm not necessarily saying that Maroney shouldn't have been traded. I think him catching fumble-itis last year finished him with BB. I am saying that the trade makes the Pats thin at RB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Didn't Taylor have full participation in practice today?  Must not have been injured too badly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like the way Taylor and Morris run and they are both clearly better than Maroney, but they both will get hurt. In my opinion this was a little of a surprise move to deplete their depth like that. It's very telling of what they thought about Maroney and really they are right, he gives you very little and perhaps Ellis can give you depth, but is it enough? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Of course we all knew that Taylor would get hurt (Morris probably will, too), but...I can only assume Belichick knows something about Law Firm that we don't.
    Posted by p-mike

or something about Maroney that we don't...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Make no mistake about it. This was a Richard Seymour type deal. We figured we would sacrifice the now for the future. I know this is a touchy subject but sooner then later we will need to focus on this season, rather then trade away win now personnel for future "GAMBLES". Like him or not Maroney helped us win games.

Perhaps Belichick knows BJGE plays 15 # bigger then he is, or runs .3 seconds faster then he does, or...well you get the point. This deal was not because Law Firm is the answer. Its politics. Its business. Its the Patriots. You don't always like what they do, but you always love them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Where is our Corey Dillon beastie this year?

C'mon Grendel!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again :      My point exactly. We all know that neither Taylor or Morris will last anywhere near the entire season. I'm not necessarily saying that Maroney shouldn't have been traded. I think him catching fumble-itis last year finished him with BB. I am saying that the trade makes the Pats thin at RB.
    Posted by TexasPat3

How are we thin at running back? we have 3 running backs 4 if u wanna count faulk and i read on boston herald that they promoted one of the practice squad running backs, Also we barely run the ball anyway so i think with the four we have and a nice mix then we should be fine there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Don't be surprised if the Pats make a run at RB Rams' Steven Jackson, either this year or next. The offer will likely be something like their own 2nd, and the 4th round pick, acquired from Denver in the Maroney deal. No way will the Pats spend a high #1 pick on a RB.      The way Jackson's contract is structured gives the Pats a legitimate shot at getting him, at a fairly reasonable price: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3546615
    Posted by TexasPat3

And for what reason would St. Louis want to get rid of Steven Jackson, especially since he has a "fairly reasonable" contract? And, doesn't he get hurt alot anyways????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again : How are we thin at running back? we have 3 running backs 4 if u wanna count faulk and i read on boston herald that they promoted one of the practice squad running backs, Also we barely run the ball anyway so i think with the four we have and a nice mix then we should be fine there.
    Posted by 81patsfan

Fred Taylor is 34...while Morris and Faulk are 33. All are ancient by RB standards. Morris and Taylor have histories of being brittle. Being old and injury prone is a terrible combo for an NFL RB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Make no mistake about it. This was a Richard Seymour type deal. We figured we would sacrifice the now for the future. I know this is a touchy subject but sooner then later we will need to focus on this season, rather then trade away win now personnel for future "GAMBLES". Like him or not Maroney helped us win games. Perhaps Belichick knows BJGE plays 15 # bigger then he is, or runs .3 seconds faster then he does, or...well you get the point. This deal was not because Law Firm is the answer. Its politics. Its business. Its the Patriots. You don't always like what they do, but you always love them.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I kinda sorta agree with you.  Maroney was likely gone next year.  One big difference between Seymour and Maroney is where they sat on the depth chart.  Seymour was a starter, and Maroney was looking like #4 on the depth chart.  Piece together the different remarks and how far Maroney sank down the roster and you have to believe there were other factors besides pure running ability or even "business" that went into this.  We'll never know unless BB retires and writes a "tell all" book.  Now that would be a book I'd wait in line for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again : And for what reason would St. Louis want to get rid of Steven Jackson, especially since he has a "fairly reasonable" contract? And, doesn't he get hurt alot anyways????
    Posted by tmot1234

Why? Because the Rams are terrible...with him or without him. If they pick up his option during the last two years of his contract, he'll cost them a fortune. If they don't pick up his option, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I can't wait for one of these threads damn near every week because Taylor and Morris don't fully participate in practice. Most times it by design.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

And guess what neither does Brady.  Non thread

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Don't be surprised if the Pats make a run at RB Rams' Steven Jackson, either this year or next. The offer will likely be something like their own 2nd, and the 4th round pick, acquired from Denver in the Maroney deal. No way will the Pats spend a high #1 pick on a RB.      The way Jackson's contract is structured gives the Pats a legitimate shot at getting him, at a fairly reasonable price: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3546615
    Posted by TexasPat3

I would love to see a player of jackson's caliber in our stable of RB's but there is no way the rams trade him. He is their only offensive weapon and he is signed long term.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Fred Taylor is hurt.  But there's good news ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

... Maroney ain't gettin the ball!

Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again :      Fred Taylor is 34...while Morris and Faulk are 33. All are ancient by RB standards. Morris and Taylor have histories of being brittle. Being old and injury prone is a terrible combo for an NFL RB.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Maroney was a health risk also.  I'm guessing they felt like the step down from Maroney to fill-in-the-blank [Javarris James?] wasn't all that steep.  This is not a Seymour type trade.  Maroney isn't half the player Seymour is at his position.

Sections
Shortcuts