Fred Taylor out again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Fred Taylor out again

Taylor is out again. His nickname should be Claude Raines

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: Fred Taylor out again

I could care less about the guy. I just hate that we lose a roster spot for this guy week after week.............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

cut this guy, he's taking up a roster spot for some more young deserving hungry runner, maybe the next peyton hillis. come on BB what are you thinking with theses old veteran running backs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mirage123. Show Mirage123's posts

What a waste of two roster spots Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris. Remember we also had Laura at the start of the season. Poor Job by BB trusting two old running backs in the start of the season. Didn't even tried to get some new running backs this season. This is one thing that is hurting us big now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor out again:
    [QUOTE]What a waste of two roster spots Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris. Remember we also had Laura at the start of the season. Poor Job by BB trusting two old running backs in the start of the season. Didn't even tried to get some new running backs this season. This is one thing that is hurting us big now.
    Posted by Mirage123[/QUOTE]

sweet avatar dude, that's a nice looking little kitty

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Woodhead will have to have the game of his life against the Pitt LBs..  Harrison may be out or limited with back spasms

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Woodhead will have to have the game of his life against the Pitt LBs..  Harrison may be out or limited with back spasms
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

yeah, use woodhead as much as possible, his speed and cutting ability will soften up the d-line and then BJGE and bowl through when needed on short yardage. but get hernandex and gronk in the game too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

We all knew who Fred Taylor was when the Pats picked him up. Even in his prime, the guy couldn't stay on the field. I can only assume the thinking is that -- if and when he is healthy -- Taylor brings more to the attack than whatever scrubs are hanging out on the waiver wire. Clearly, Belichick believes that running backs are ostensibly interchangeable parts, but watching Green-Ellis pick up one yard over and over again (with apologies to teams like Minnesota, who are kind enough to lay down for him) and just waiting for somebody to squash Danny Woodhead flat, makes me wonder what the long-range plan might be. When the wind starts blowing and the snow starts swirling, teams that can't run the ball against stout opposition are more likely to fall by the wayside. I know there is some sentiment on the board that the Pats' inablity to consistently move the ball on the ground is somehow Bill O'Brien's fault, and that's an easy out -- but I find it amusing that some people see the Law Firm struggling to cross the line of scrimmage and see the answer to his problems as more carries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]We all knew who Fred Taylor was when the Pats picked him up. Even in his prime, the guy couldn't stay on the field. I can only assume the thinking is that -- if and when he is healthy -- Taylor brings more to the attack than whatever scrubs are hanging out on the waiver wire. Clearly, Belichick believes that running backs are ostensibly interchangeable parts, but watching Green-Ellis pick up one yard over and over again (with apologies to teams like Minnesota, who are kind enough to lay down for him) and just waiting for somebody to squash Danny Woodhead flat, makes me wonder what the long-range plan might be. When the wind starts blowing and the snow starts swirling, teams that can't run the ball against stout opposition are more likely to fall by the wayside. I know there is some sentiment on the board that the Pats' inablity to consistently move the ball on the ground is somehow Bill O'Brien's fault, and that's an easy out -- but I find it amusing that some people see the Law Firm struggling to cross the line of scrimmage and see the answer to his problems as more carries.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Dead on accurate on this one! It just surprises me that it hasn't caught up to them yet. I love Woodhead, but he looks like if he is used as an actuall running back too much he'll either break in half or fumble...I've never seen a back that small! And as for Law Firm ( I hate the fact that a guy this average has a nick name, but his name is so terrible to spell) he's average at best because he doesn't have enough in his game to ever really be much of a threat...lack of speed to break it outside or longer runs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

I rarely post on these boards, but I think having Taylor and Alge and other Vets on the roster is as much about teaching the rookies how to stay focussed, have an ethic, and bettering their technique as it is about production...

my 2 cents

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

When Taylor is healthy, he's a fabulous back.  I think BB is willing to keep the bottom roster slot (which is going to be inactive on game day anyway) filled with a guy who could make a big difference if he gets healthy rather than filling it with a developmental player who probably won't make the field at all this year.  

That said, the lack of a quality running back is a problem for us.  If I were BB, I would be bringing in running backs for tryouts every week.  I'm not sure he's doing this . . .  granted it's a long shot that we'll find anyone good at this point in the season, but it's still worth doing.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from khiro822. Show khiro822's posts

I wonder if BB is keeping him off the field so he will be fresh and healthy for our playoff run in December and Janurary. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I just hope the powers-that-be have a plan to clean house on RBs this off season. FT is a wasted roster spot. I looked it up the other day; he's played in a total of 6 games out of the 23 the pats have played since we signed him. Even if his toe was healed today, it would be 1-2 weeks for him to get back in football shape. 

That's just absurd.  

I still don't understand why they didn't make a move for marshawn lynch, but they need at least one young, stud feature back from this year's draft. Its clear to me that BenJarvis is not the answer. He's just a plow horse. He's got the heart but lacks the size and speed to be anything more than a third stringer.

Mark Ingram can be theirs if they want him. Imagine what brady could do with a guy like Ingram in the backfield.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Funny thing is if he's healthy during December and god forbid the playoffs then it's worth having him around. He sees the hole very well and surprisingly still has the quicks to get through it ( at least the last time he played). Problem is if he plays four games in December he'll get injurred...guaranteed! Maybe we should save him for the second halfs of any playoff game we are lucky enough to get to. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

[QUOTE]What a waste of two roster spots Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris. Remember we also had Laura at the start of the season. Poor Job by BB trusting two old running backs in the start of the season. Didn't even tried to get some new running backs this season. This is one thing that is hurting us big now.
    Posted by Mirage123[/QUOTE]
    Look at the little kitty......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Were gona lose By more then 17 tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So Maroney stinks, Morris isn't good enough, Law Firm isn't talented enough, Woodhead isn't big enough and Taylor is never healthy...

Tate and Price aren't ready, Welker is coming back from injury, Branch was a one game wonder and Moss was a headache...

Do you ever feel like the problem could be more than simply the players?

We put the keys to a Ferrari in the hands of a novice driver and asked him to win Le Mans... O'Brien should play more Madden.

Taylor is another in a long line of Vets BB keeps set aside in case we go deep in the playoffs... Shawn Springs, Seau etc...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Why don't they just get rid of him He has only played in 1 game. Get someone in his spot that won't always be out every week  This is getting OLD Players play all the time hurt HE CAN'T

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

How about that Value

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

It's too bad this guy can not get healthy, I mean Benjarvus Green-Ellis, is a decent player, a change-of-pace / short-yardage back who holds onto the football, but they could use somebody with some big-play capabilities, that would really help Brady in play-action.