Fred Taylor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Fred Taylor

Anyone know when Fred Taylor's coming back?  I thought he was potentially going to be back 2 weeks ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Fred Taylor

That's what FT is best at; making a 2 week recovery period last all season.

I hope we're done with this guy forever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I get the feeling you won't see him until the snow starts flying. BB knows both he and Morris are at the end of their careers and prone to injury. He won't use them until he has to. Neither will be back next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Fred will be back next month, carry the ball twice for four yards, and sustain a season-ending injury.

Undecided

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Fred who?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Doesn't he play for Jacksonville??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I thought he was retired?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Oh, you mean "Turf-Toe" Taylor?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAMATO. Show YAMATO's posts

The return of Taylor and Mankins should help out a lot in terms of ball control offense. Everything is coming together for the Patriots, just like 2001 !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I agree with you Evil2010.  I have a question, though.  If Benny and Woody keep it up, does Taylor make it back on the active roster for any games as an aging change of pace guy behind the other change of pace guy?  He might just be insurance at this point snow or shine.

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor:
    I get the feeling you won't see him until the snow starts flying. BB knows both he and Morris are at the end of their careers and prone to injury. He won't use them until he has to. Neither will be back next year.
    Posted by Evil2010

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I would love for Taylor to be back, but why rush him with his history if the Pats are setting to go deep this year?

And why give teams an insight into how to beat him in planning?  Save him for the games determining seeding and for the play-offs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I agree with you Evil2010.  I have a question, though.  If Benny and Woody keep it up, does Taylor make it back on the active roster for any games as an aging change of pace guy behind the other change of pace guy?  He might just be insurance at this point snow or shine. In Response to Re: Fred Taylor :
    Posted by lightningbrain

Good point. Was Sammy Morris active last week? I can't see him and Taylor both being active at the same time. There's also the question of Edelman who isn't seeing much time either since Woodhead arrived

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor : Good point. Was Sammy Morris active last week? I can't see him and Taylor both being active at the same time. There's also the question of Edelman who isn't seeing much time either since Woodhead arrived
    Posted by Evil2010

Sammy Morris was active last week. He made a play on Special Teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Fred will be back next month, carry the ball twice for four yards, and sustain a season-ending injury.
    Posted by p-mike

Nah, Mike, it will be five carries for 38 yards...just enough to get us fans all amped up for the playoff push!

Then, he'll fracture his pinky finger and go on IR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor : Sammy Morris was active last week. He made a play on Special Teams. 
    Posted by expertmike

Something you won't get from Taylor. I almost forgot that killer block he threw on a return a few weeks ago

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

You can't compare Taylor to Sammy Morris.  Morris was not only active last week, he played on all 4 of the kickoff and punt special teams as noted by Mike Reiss.  He also plys fullback in some formations.  Taylor is a running back, pure and simple.  If he's not carrying the ball, he has little other value to NE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

The return of Taylor and Mankins should help out a lot in terms of ball control offense. Everything is coming together for the Patriots, just like 2001 !
    Posted by YAMATO

Whenever Taylor plays for us he does pretty well.  BJE and Woodhead are doing well too.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a 3rd RB on the roster.

I agree that Taylor is at the end of his career and more prone to injuries, but he can still be used sparingly say every 4th 1st down for a change pace or a different look.

Our offense needs a change of pace every once in a while.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You're wrong too. He'll have 103 yards on 15 carries (including a run of over 35 yards) but his leg will literally fall off on his last NFL carry. A fitting ending.

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor : Nah, Mike, it will be five carries for 38 yards...just enough to get us fans all amped up for the playoff push! Then, he'll fracture his pinky finger and go on IR.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

You're wrong too. He'll have 103 yards on 15 carries (including a run of over 35 yards) but his leg will literally fall off on his last NFL carry. A fitting ending. In Response to Re: Fred Taylor :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Strangely, I can visualize that happening, Rockdog...LOL!

"He's at the 50...the 40...the 30...the oh, sh!t...his leg just fell off!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

A healthy Taylor would be a huge upgrade to this offense. Bennie and the Jet have been a pleasant surprise but Taylor is still a premier back if healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Even if they start BJGE in front of a "healthy" Taylor, it would not be long before Taylor gets the most carries. It's too bad he is oft injured because the guy is a real "bull". Even in pre-season it was clear that his running ability easily surpassed any other rb on the team. Its just too bad he is oft injured.

3.In Response to Re: Fred Taylor:
    I agree with you Evil2010.  I have a question, though.  If Benny and Woody keep it up, does Taylor make it back on the active roster for any games as an aging change of pace guy behind the other change of pace guy?  He might just be insurance at this point snow or shine. In Response to Re: Fred Taylor :
    Posted by lightningbrain

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

I'm apalled at all the negative comments towards Taylor.

Injuries are part of the game, and when he's healthy he is definitely a boost to our offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He will be Weapon X when he returns in January.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And when is he on the field? Seriously!

Taylor will return and make an impact down the stretch.  He is a tough runner and will infuse a lot of energy into this team.  Yes, he is prone to injury but when he is on the field he can make plays.  I can't wait to see him in the backfield again.  With Mankins also back,  this is something to look forward to.
    Posted by Ratski

Sections
Shortcuts