fred taylor?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

fred taylor?????

Is fred taylor coming back this season??? He was doing a great job!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: fred taylor?????

He's supposed to be.  But when, we're not quite sure. 

I'm sure Bill, Fred, and the training staff have a good idea of when.. but they're not letting us know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I'm guessing week 12, then again maybe not at all....I'm hoping for week 12.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd like to see him come back for the New Orleans game, but i'm not counting on it.  I'd rather see him wait a few more weeks and be 100% for the playoffs.

I haven't seen it, but what exactly is wrong with Sammy Morris?  I've totally missed it somehow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Morris has a knee injury, I don't know what about it is injured, but it's a knee.

As for Taylor, I remember hearing that it would be about an 8 week recovery from the surgery he had on his ankle.  That would put the time frame somewhere in the last quarter of the regular season, just in time to get up to speed for a playoff push.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

forget about fred taylor. If he comes back at all this year, he'll be out again after a game or two. That's just his history. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: fred taylor?????:
    [QUOTE]forget about fred taylor. If he comes back at all this year, he'll be out again after a game or two. That's just his history. 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

don`t be surprised if taylor is put on IR in the not-so-distant future. belichick probably kept him off IR for awhile to spare him the emotional devastaion that he most certainly would feel if he was done for the season, instead of being another corey dillion. and i hope i`m wrong, and he does return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: fred taylor????? : don`t be surprised if taylor is put on IR in the not-so-distant future. belichick probably kept him off IR for awhile to spare him the emotional devastaion that he most certainly would feel if he was done for the season, instead of being another corey dillion. and i hope i`m wrong, and he does return.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

Interesting commentary from someone who has five (5) posts.

I've mentioned this before. I find it amazing how Bill Belichick has well-trained his team in their responses for the media and communications regarding injuries. I can't vouch for the quality of Dr. Thomas Gill (team orthopedist) and in fact wonder about his diagnostic skill but would feel comfortable in saying that Bill Belichick and his medical staff on the Patriots is well-informed about the functional recovery of his players. Whether it be those recovering from concussion, soft tissue or bone injury he (BB) knows how to use his roster moves to put a team on the field.

As for me?

I never EXPECT any seriously injured player (Matt Light, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, etc. and earlier this year Jerrod Mayo) to return to the field. Frequently BB will hold out all hope for that player's return but IR is the usual route for many of those who have and will be injured.

All this to say, if Fred Taylor returns I'll be happy but missing 8-weeks leads to loss of sharpness. I question his ability to contribute in the future and hope that Faulk, Maroney and Green-Ellis continue to contribute and improve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: fred taylor????? : Interesting commentary from someone who has five (5) posts. I've mentioned this before. I find it amazing how Bill Belichick has well-trained his team in their responses for the media and communications regarding injuries. I can't vouch for the quality of Dr. Thomas Gill (team orthopedist) and in fact wonder about his diagnostic skill but would feel comfortable in saying that Bill Belichick and his medical staff on the Patriots is well-informed about the functional recovery of his players. Whether it be those recovering from concussion, soft tissue or bone injury he (BB) knows how to use his roster moves to put a team on the field. As for me? I never EXPECT any seriously injured player (Matt Light, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, etc. and earlier this year Jerrod Mayo) to return to the field. Frequently BB will hold out all hope for that player's return but IR is the usual route for many of those who have and will be injured. All this to say, if Fred Taylor returns I'll be happy but missing 8-weeks leads to loss of sharpness. I question his ability to contribute in the future and hope that Faulk, Maroney and Green-Ellis continue to contribute and improve.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Good Point about when/if he does return. Will he still be able to contribute? It looks grim but I hope for the best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Obviously having either one of them back would be awesome but you have a better chance of hitting the lottery then finding out what their real status is. 

LM and Law Firm will hold down the fort. Have faith.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to fred taylor?????:
    [QUOTE]Is fred taylor coming back this season??? He was doing a great job!
    Posted by NEforever[/QUOTE]
     When he went out they were speculating that he probably couldn't even be practicing until week 10. It's really impossible to tell with the pats. ESPN had Jerod Mayo out for 8 weeks. Nobody knows but the insiders and they won't tell us anything until the guy is actually on the practice field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

As a Pat's fan myself, it's funny to observe Pat's fans discussing the status of the teams injured players.  Well informed fans are asking: "Hey, did I miss an update or something on ........?"   Other well informed fans have no answer. Only BB and a couple of others (who aren't talking) know the answers.

We accept this. Bill has trained us too. It's a small price to pay.

Gamblers must hate Bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Belichick said he'll be back in December. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]forget about fred taylor. If he comes back at all this year, he'll be out again after a game or two. That's just his history. 

Sadly, this is correct.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've commented many times that injury prone players amount to nothing more than a roll of the dice, a gamble.  Maybe they're playing when you need them, maybe they're not.  The game is so physical that even the most injury averse player can get injured.  I don't care much for bringing in players with a known history of injuries.  That's the #1 reason I was also against even trying to bring back Branch.

While my football knowledge pales in comparison to a lot of other posters here, I do know this much; no player, no matter how great, can catch a pass, run a yard, or make a tackle from the sideline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to fred taylor????? :  When he went out they were speculating that he probably couldn't even be practicing until week 10. It's really impossible to tell with the pats. ESPN had Jerod Mayo out for 8 weeks. Nobody knows but the insiders and they won't tell us anything until the guy is actually on the practice field.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    IMHO the best gauge for how Fred Taylor amd Morris are doing is :how desperate is BB in picking up an additional replacement.
    Last week BB brought in Maurice Morris and another RB to check them out.
    He did not sign any new RB so for right now I am thinking that he is looking at the 2 RBs out as a temporary situation.

Sections
Shortcuts