Free Agent Bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

Free Agent Bust?

Anybody actually think Derrick Burgess, Pierre Woods or Rob Ninkovich is better than Adalius Thomas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: Free Agent Bust?

In Response to Free Agent Bust?:
    [QUOTE]Anybody actually think Derrick Burgess, Pierre Woods or Rob Ninkovich is better than Adalius Thomas?
    Posted by BillsHoody[/QUOTE]

That's for BB to decide, not you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody actually think Derrick Burgess, Pierre Woods or Rob Ninkovich is better than Adalius Thomas?

I don't think I can say any of those are better, because they use AT in a number of different roles.  Maybe he isn't lighting it up in any one role, but he plays a lot of roles.  We are starting to hear more about Ninkovich though.  If you follow his progression from a player on the roster bubble to where he is now, it makes you wonder if he might be another rising player we found.  

BBRules23, let me save you the trouble of writing your tired and simplistic response:  No I'm not a coach or GM.  No, Kraft does not sign my paycheck.  No, I have not won three SB rings. No, I could give a sh#t less what you think.

[EDIT I didn't write fast enough...]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

No, but they didn't sign for $35 very large.  I think AT should be playing at a very high level and I haven't seen that from him yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Free Agent Bust? : That's for BB to decide, not you.
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE

none better then bill but get off his nuts fool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He has underwhelmed me for a few years.  I kept waiting, not so much.  I like Woods, Burgess I dont know yet.  I know TBC is the MAN.  Guyton is good too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Free Agent Bust? : That's for BB to decide, not you.
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

Hey, lighten up, man. We're here to discuss Pats football. You'd better get used to people questioning the roster. In fact, most posters here are critics first and fans second.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Indiana - ignore that guy, he does it on every thread.

I think Thomas is potentially the most valuable defender on the team - Belichick obviously agrees judging by the contract they gave him.  I think that's the issue.  They're really counting on him to have an exceptional breakout season, once again, and he hasn't even come up on the film.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Guys get older and they get injured.  It happens to every player except for Brett Favre and Junior Seau, who are both gifted with a +4 immortality potion.  There are no insurance policies either, so if you pay for a guy and he gets injured, you're out the money.

Best guess, Thomas is in his 30s and might be a step slow right now.  We'll see about next game.  Second guess, Thomas cut a slit in BB's sock so the review flag would squeeze out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

What else would you call a big $ Free Agent who has not living up to the Franchises expectations?

Being benched tells you what BB thinks of his performance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

When A-thom played for Rex Ryans' defense he was solid. Playing with Ed reed, Ray-Lew, B-Scott & Co. in an agressive defensive scheme he thrived. The problem is he's not being put in the position for him to succeed with the talents he has. Not to mention hes played out of position alot and his co-linebackers on the Pats were either too old and on thier way out the door, or too young and acclimating to the system. Mayo is the pats only solid linebacker, when he's healthy...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Same troll-new name-drop dead Leon like your Jets

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The key is that the Pats like to develop some young players (Mayo, Guyton, Woods, Ninkovich, and eventually Mac Kenzie and Crable) and only occasionally spend big on FAs. In sharp contrast to the Jests who waste an entire draft on two players or draft high 1sts that turn into busts (Gholston) or spend huge money on FAs to hide their lack of ability to draft quality starters( Fanaca, Scott, Leonhard etc....) (Revis excepted).

Now, go away insolent troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

I think they tried to trade him and no one bit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

[QUOTE]The key is that the Pats like to develop some young players (Mayo, Guyton, Woods, Ninkovich, and eventually Mac Kenzie and Crable) and only occasionally spend big on FAs. In sharp contrast to the Jests who waste an entire draft on two players or draft high 1sts that turn into busts (Gholston) or spend huge money on FAs to hide their lack of ability to draft quality starters( Fanaca, Scott, Leonhard etc....) (Revis excepted). Now, go away insolent troll.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

dont start on draft busts. need i list off the players new england has drafted recently who didnt work out?
    Mayo is solid but he was taken pretty high in the draft. Guyton was undrafted free agent and has looked alright since he got to NE but nothing too promising. its too early to tell with Woods and Ninkovich.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : dont start on draft busts. need i list off the players new england has drafted recently who didnt work out? Mayo is solid but he was taken pretty high in the draft. Guyton was undrafted free agent and has looked alright since he got to NE but nothing too promising. its too early to tell with Woods and Ninkovich.
    Posted by HCofTheNYJ[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you can make the same list for every single team in the NFL as far as the draft and free agency go.  I agree with you on Woods and Ninkovich but I don't expect much out of either of them. I also don't notice any difference when they are in there as opposed to Adalius Thomas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : Yeah, but you can make the same list for every single team in the NFL as far as the draft and free agency go.  I agree with you on Woods and Ninkovich but I don't expect much out of either of them. I also don't notice any difference when they are in there as opposed to Adalius Thomas.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Belichick has gotten lucky in the past with cast offs producing at linebacker but i think we all know what the pats need to focus on in the draft... 1 or maybe 2 linebackers. Then you'll have Mayo(solid) and Guyton(decent as of now).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : Belichick has gotten lucky in the past with cast offs producing at linebacker but i think we all know what the pats need to focus on in the draft... 1 or maybe 2 linebackers. Then you'll have Mayo(solid) and Guyton(decent as of now).
    For a guy with no expectation he has done alright for himself. Is he a pro-bowler no, is a solid LB who can play inside and out with great speed, yes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

bill rates players based on value those three guys have combined for 40 tackles 2 sacks and one forced fumble.  AD has 15 tackles and 1 sack and probable will earn this year more than those three's combined total contracts.  We don't pay brady or Moss big money to be average.  AD is one of our better players but he is not preforming like one of the teams highest paid players.  he's 11th in tackles of the Name players on the D he is behind most of them.  Plus look what Mayo did last year he led the team in tackles so that the safetys and DB's wouldnt have to now with missed tackles all over the place those guys are the leading tacklers which is not Ideal.  Anyway at this point i'd rather see AD gone and his money spent somewhere else, i.e. Wilfork, and work with what we have.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : Belichick has gotten lucky in the past with cast offs producing at linebacker but i think we all know what the pats need to focus on in the draft... 1 or maybe 2 linebackers. Then you'll have Mayo(solid) and Guyton(decent as of now).

Yup, He hasn't gotten lucky in a long time..Since probably Vrabel. I think our best bet is to draft as many as we can and hopefully come out with a few good ones every year. That's why I love watching them compile draft picks. If you get a couple or few that can turn into starters eventually you've done okay and they don't cost what free agents cost....You a Mark Sanchez Fan?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]bill rates players based on value those three guys have combined for 40 tackles 2 sacks and one forced fumble.  AD has 15 tackles and 1 sack and probable will earn this year more than those three's combined total contracts.  We don't pay brady or Moss big money to be average.  AD is one of our better players but he is not preforming like one of the teams highest paid players.  he's 11th in tackles of the Name players on the D he is behind most of them.  Plus look what Mayo did last year he led the team in tackles so that the safetys and DB's wouldnt have to now with missed tackles all over the place those guys are the leading tacklers which is not Ideal.  Anyway at this point i'd rather see AD gone and his money spent somewhere else, i.e. Wilfork, and work with what we have.
    Posted by JaeD[/QUOTE]

I hear you on the tackles. I don't think thomas is horrible. The problem I have is that we brought him in to replace the qb pressure and sacks that we lost since Roosevelt Colvin hit the slide. That's the real disapointment. Actually I forgot about Colvin..That wasn't a bad Free agent signing either accept that he hurt is foot and was ineffective after that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : Yup, He hasn't gotten lucky in a long time..Since probably Vrabel. I think our best bet is to draft as many as we can and hopefully come out with a few good ones every year. That's why I love watching them compile draft picks. If you get a couple or few that can turn into starters eventually you've done okay and they don't cost what free agents cost....You a Mark Sanchez Fan?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

hes the best QB in the league ( 2013 season)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : hes the best QB in the league ( 2013 season)

I'll do a screen shot of this page and repost it 4 in years. I haven't seen enough of Sanchez yet to make any judgement. He looked good against the Pats but he cost me large when they played New Orleans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Bust? : hes the best QB in the league ( 2013 season)

P Manning is 6'5", T Brady is 6'4", Sanchez is 6'1" with a much weaker arm. Best QB in the league? Very doubtful - P Carroll said he should have stayed at USC one more year - we now see why.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It was worth perusing this thread simply to see the phrase "+4 immortality" on a sports-related message board.

Nicely done, Paul.

Sections
Shortcuts