Free Agent Wish List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Free Agent Wish List

I was just wondering who everyone is dreaming about getting in Free agency.  Much like everyone else (I imagine) Mario Williams tops my wish list.  With a realistic perspective, I can see Brandon Lloyd following McDaniels to his third city and joining the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Free Agent Wish List

Just posted this one the draft thread

Mario Williams OLB/DE/DT

Adam Carriker DE/DT 
    (I think Pats might be able to sign both but would not be able to sign any WR)

Reggie Nelson FS

Robert Meachem WR ($$ is only reason over Wallace), Meachem is a deep threat WR with nice hands and most likely not the price tag of Wallace.

Ahmad Brooks OLB Really like Brooks, can take over one side and other OLB combination of Carter/Nink/Anderson/rookie

Brandon Lloyd WR with how familiar he is with the O he should have no problems

Mike Wallace WR (1st rndr, and $$ that won't be available for players like Williams and Carriker I put him low on wish list)

Mario Haggan OLB/DE only if Carter or Anderson go some where else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think Lloyd would be slam dunk, perfect fit for McDaniels system, plus Pats had interest in him before McDaniels even came back.

Mario Williams would be awesome, but highly unlikey.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal if denver doesn't resign him. Both have experience in McDaniels O and bring something diffrent to the table
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

hadnt even thought about eddie royal, that would be nice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What do you think of Reggie Wayne? He's a FA, and doesn't want to stay in Indy as far as I've heard. Beyond the fact that he carries ex-Colt contamination, would he be an option? Or is he too old? I'm not sure what his age is, I suspect about 28-30? I've posed this question on the forum several times, and haven't heard an answer from anyone. I'm not advocating it, I'm just curious what the forum thinks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]What do you think of Reggie Wayne? He's a FA, and doesn't want to stay in Indy as far as I've heard. Beyond the fact that he carries ex-Colt contamination, would he be an option? Or is he too old? I'm not sure what his age is, I suspect about 28-30? I've posed this question on the forum several times, and haven't heard an answer from anyone. I'm not advocating it, I'm just curious what the forum thinks.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

he is like 33 i think, he turns 34 during the season next year......im not totally against it, but there are definitely better options

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List : he is like 33 i think, he turns 34 during the season next year......im not totally against it, but there are definitely better options
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Ok, I didn't know he was that old. He'd be good as an add on piece then, but not as the main draw. I'm with you on this. I'm looking at Mike Wallace, but I don't think Pitt will let him go. Talk about an outside threat! Wow! Can you imagine?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List : Ok, I didn't know he was that old. He'd be good as an add on piece then, but not as the main draw. I'm with you on this. I'm looking at Mike Wallace, but I don't think Pitt will let him go. Talk about an outside threat! Wow! Can you imagine?

yea him or vincent jackson....i think vincent jackson is more realistic though since what you stated about pitt most likely keeping wallace...maybe jackson will take a discount to play for a championship

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

jackson...he with philly? I know the name, but can't rememer who he plays for...stupid me...oh, no San Diego....sorry...Can't believe I forgot that. Heck yeah, he'd be deadly--but I'm not sure he'd want to part ways with Rivers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]jackson...he with philly? I know the name, but can't rememer who he plays for...stupid me...oh, no San Diego....sorry...Can't believe I forgot that. Heck yeah, he'd be deadly--but I'm not sure he'd want to part ways with Rivers.

yea when first looking at the list of free agent receivers....lloyd, bowe, and jackson really struck me as players i would love to see in new england...lloyd is the most likely of the bunch to end up here, but im still holding out hope that maybe they will get tom the deep threat that this team has been lacking

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Someone on the forum the other  night  called him Greg Lloyd. Was like "huh"? But anyway, he'd be solid, but is he the deep threat we really need? Maybe, it'd be a start.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Someone on the forum the other  night  called him Greg Lloyd. Was like "huh"? But anyway, he'd be solid, but is he the deep threat we really need? Maybe, it'd be a start.

well anything is better than ocho lol. lloyd does have speed, hes not nearly the deep threat of jackson or bowe, but i dont think brady would mind throwing passes to lloyd every sunday....espescially since lloyd is familiar with McD's system

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm, I'd have to go

Brandon Lloyd  WR
    Calais Campbell DE/DT (but I doubt the Cards would let him go)
    Richard Marshall CB
    Michael Griffin S

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Hrm, I'd have to go Brandon Lloyd  WR Calais Campbell DE/DT (but I doubt the Cards would let him go) Richard Marshall CB Michael Griffin S
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

brandon lloyd
    curtis lofton
    cortland finnegan
    vincent jackson

:)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below are players that interest me (Including a lot of their own):

Wes Welker- WR (Likely to be franchised)
    Brandon Lloyd- WR
    Mario Manningham- WR
    Deion Branch- WR (Depth player)
    Eddie Royal- WR
    Matt Slater- WR/ST (ST stud)

Benny- RB (Solid, yet unspectacular)
    Jason Snelling- RB
    LeRod Stephens Howling- RB (He's RFA, but has a lot of KR ability)

Dan Koppen- C (I think he's brought back)
    Dan Connolly- C/OG (Versatile player)

Jarrett Johnson- OLB (If they're looking to go more 34)
    Tracy White- LB (ST stud)
    Jonathan Goff- LB

Brandon Carr- CB
    Richard Marshall- CB
    Cortland Finnegan- CB

Michael Griffin- S
    Tom Zbikowski- S
    Rashad Johnson- S (RFA)
    Haruki Nakamura- S/ST (Good ST player)

Calais Campbell- DE (Likely to be franchised)
    Kendall Langford- DE (If they're looking to go more 34)
    Andre Carter- DE (Can get after the QB, if they're looking to go more 43)
    Mark Anderson- DE (See Carter, Andre)
    Kyle Love- DT (Solid rotational player)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]Hrm, I'd have to go Brandon Lloyd  WR Calais Campbell DE/DT (but I doubt the Cards would let him go) Richard Marshall CB Michael Griffin S
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with this list.  Been a Marshall fan since he was drafted and would be thrilled to have him here.  Solid, dependable, not made of glass player

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Free Agent Wish List:
    [QUOTE]I was just wondering who everyone is dreaming about getting in Free agency.  Much like everyone else (I imagine) Mario Williams tops my wish list.  With a realistic perspective, I can see Brandon Lloyd following McDaniels to his third city and joining the Pats.
    Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS[/QUOTE]
    I would love to see them bring in a match winning/game changer on defense. Someone opposition offensive co ordinators have to game plan especailly for. Someone who will strike fear into the opposition QB's. We have Vince but  but add someone more mobile that can turn the game. Mario Williams is certainly 1. Jared Allen is another.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Brandon Lloyd
    Michael Griffin
    VJax will be franchised by SD

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

CORTLAND FINNEGAN

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

I say quit messing around and go after the best player in the upcoming draft Justin Blackmon. Kid is gonna be a freak! Trade both your 1st rounders to a team looking to get multiple picks in top 3. St Louis anyone ?  Go big Pats or stay home. Brady's years are numbered and we need a stud Wr to take all the pressure off Welker from doing stuff no other reciever has in NFL over a 5 year period. 554 receptions over 5 years, 1 of those without Brady giving him 4 100+ reception seasons in his still young career. This season if he breaks the Century mark, he will have the greatest reception totals with 5 seasons of 100+ receptions breaking the mark set by himself, Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison. Anyways, solidify Brady another weapon please. Keep him excited for his last few seasons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

WR B. Lloyd OR Vincent Jackson

DE/OLB M. Williams

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

[QUOTE]What do you think of Reggie Wayne? He's a FA, and doesn't want to stay in Indy as far as I've heard. Beyond the fact that he carries ex-Colt contamination, would he be an option? Or is he too old? I'm not sure what his age is, I suspect about 28-30? I've posed this question on the forum several times, and haven't heard an answer from anyone. I'm not advocating it, I'm just curious what the forum thinks.

I would not be surprised if Wayne became a Patriot.  Every time we faced the Colts Belichick would always have very high praise for him.  Plus, he is way smarter than Ochostinkhole.  Just a matter of what he has left in the tank and $.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Addition to the discussion

Vincent Jackson expected to hit open market

Vincent Jackson, Matt Giordano, Rolando McClainAP

The Chargers would have to pay Vincent Jackson a lot of money to use the franchise tag on him — more than $13 million.

That’s why he’s expected to hit the open market, and he’s not expected to stay in San Diego.

“I don’t see any way he’s back [in San Diego]. The Chargers won’t franchise him, they’ve come out and said that,” Jason La Canfora said on NFL Network. “There’s been acrimony between the two sides over the years and there are too many teams that need receiving help, St. Louis, San Francisco and Tampa are some teams off the top of my head. Somebody is going to give him big bucks.”

Kevin Acee of the U-T San Diego reported last month the Chargers would be “comfortable” giving Jackson a long-term deal, but they are unlikely to use the tag on him.

We don’t think you can rule out a return to the Chargers, but Jackson has waited a long time and fought a few battles to get to this point. He only has to wait another month, so he may as well see what free agency has to offer.