Free Agent Wish List

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Re: Free Agent Wish List

In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List:
    [QUOTE]Addition to the discussion Vincent Jackson expected to hit open market Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 9, 2012, 8:42 AM EST AP The Chargers would have to pay  Vincent Jackson  a lot of money to use the franchise tag on him — more than $13 million. That’s why he’s expected to hit the open market, and he’s  not expected to stay  in San Diego. “I don’t see any way he’s back [in San Diego]. The Chargers won’t franchise him, they’ve come out and said that,” Jason La Canfora said on NFL Network. “There’s been acrimony between the two sides over the years and there are too many teams that need receiving help, St. Louis, San Francisco and Tampa are some teams off the top of my head. Somebody is going to give him big bucks.” Kevin Acee of the U-T San Diego reported last month the Chargers would be “comfortable”  giving Jackson a long-term deal , but they are unlikely to use the tag on him. We don’t think you can rule out a return to the Chargers, but Jackson has waited a long time and fought a few battles to get to this point. He only has to wait another month, so he may as well see what free agency has to offer.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a rumor when Mankins and Jackson were both holding out that the Pats were talking about a player for player trade???  I would rather see them spend the money on Mario Williams.  I just hope they don't sit back and pick of off the scrap pile AGAIN!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Llyod-Wants to play with Josh and will likely wait to see if NE will call.
    Bowe-One of the two have to get tagged both aren't getting resigned.
    Flowers-Above
    Avril-Could be a 3 down player for us and provide a rush.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabostonfan. Show tampabostonfan's posts

Lloyd is a no-brainer at this point.  He has already said he plans on following Daniels wherever he ended up.  He isn't stupid.  He knows he was his most productive under Josh (lef the league in receiving if I am not mistaken).  I am not one for hyperbole, but if they could sign Lloyd to a resonable contract (and considering he was traded for a 4th round pick and didn't have a great year that is perfectly reasonable) and are able to get Welker back, their offense could be better than it ever has been.  Welker, Lloyd, Gronkowski, and Hernandez would be almost impossible to defend.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd is a no-brainer at this point.  He has already said he plans on following Daniels wherever he ended up.  He isn't stupid.  He knows he was his most productive under Josh (lef the league in receiving if I am not mistaken).  I am not one for hyperbole, but if they could sign Lloyd to a resonable contract (and considering he was traded for a 4th round pick and didn't have a great year that is perfectly reasonable) and are able to get Welker back, their offense could be better than it ever has been.  Welker, Lloyd, Gronkowski, and Hernandez would be almost impossible to defend.  
    Posted by tampabostonfan[/QUOTE]

This should happen. The thing is they don't need an elite player at WR. They need a solid one that can keep defenses honest. LLoyd is clearly the best option all around. He's not going to deman big money because he's not going to have a ton of people beating down his door to sign him. He love Josh and alraeady has played in the system. They constantly fail at guys that understand the system. They are better off slightly overpaying him if needed because it insures he vastly ahead of the learning curve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The WR crop is nothing less than impressive, and just about any of them would be an upgrade over what NE has right now. Meachem is a good value option, but I wouldn't overlook Manningham either. Reggie Wayne would be a good short term fit, but at his age I wonder if he can stretch the field next season, which is what Ne needs there. 

I would love for NE to sign Peyton Hillis. He is a true power back and a recieving threat. Something that would work well if Ne wants to keep with the 2TE setup they have now. 

I guess Brandon Lloyd sounds a fit .... but he is 30, likes where he is and would cost a lot for a 30 year old. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I don't see the pats cashing in on anyone for the offense. I think they are banking on brady and 85 being on the same page next year. Still doesnt give them a deep threat, but the only way I think the pats get that is if they draft a rookie or get a guy to sign for little money. The only Lloyd comes here is if the pats don't resign Brach (Im just assuming welker will be back) or he takes a "Mcdaniels" discount to stay in the system. The pats have never payed real big money to get an offisive weapon, they either get projects (Dillion, Moss, 85) or hope that brady will just make everyone around him better, and to me thats what it comes down to. If Brady plays well then the Offense plays well if he doesn't the the offense stalls no matter who his weapons are (unless they sign a beast RB). So I would rather see them get impact players on defense to fit in with the young group. I think we need to start winning games with defense so if brady has a bad game we can still win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]The WR crop is nothing less than impressive, and just about any of them would be an upgrade over what NE has right now. Meachem is a good value option, but I wouldn't overlook Manningham either. Reggie Wayne would be a good short term fit, but at his age I wonder if he can stretch the field next season, which is what Ne needs there.  I would love for NE to sign Peyton Hillis. He is a true power back and a recieving threat. Something that would work well if Ne wants to keep with the 2TE setup they have now.  I guess Brandon Lloyd sounds a fit .... but he is 30, likes where he is and would cost a lot for a 30 year old. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

How does Lloyd like were he is? In St Louis making peanuts on a bad team. You have to be kidding me. Hillis fumbles too much which wouldn't work well in these parts. Lloyd is the best option and he is going to be Patriots barring someone  vastly overpaying him like St Louis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List : How does Lloyd like were he is? In St Louis making peanuts on a bad team. You have to be kidding me. Hillis fumbles too much which wouldn't work well in these parts. Lloyd is the best option and he is going to be Patriots barring someone  vastly overpaying him like St Louis.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I've read that he would like to play for that team. I think Fisher had a part in it. 

Who knows, maybe he comes here. A player like Lloyd would make this offense a lot better than it has been. 

Just like last season, they need an upgrade at outside WR and RB. You can't have zeros in those spots, you need people who can compete on their own and force the defense to move off the middle of the field. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List : hadnt even thought about eddie royal, that would be nice
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Eddie struggled the when he was the Outside (Flanker) WR. He's more of a slot (Welker) type like in his rookie year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]I say quit messing around and go after the best player in the upcoming draft Justin Blackmon. Kid is gonna be a freak! Trade both your 1st rounders to a team looking to get multiple picks in top 3. St Louis anyone ?  Go big Pats or stay home. Brady's years are numbered and we need a stud Wr to take all the pressure off Welker from doing stuff no other reciever has in NFL over a 5 year period. 554 receptions over 5 years, 1 of those without Brady giving him 4 100+ reception seasons in his still young career. This season if he breaks the Century mark, he will have the greatest reception totals with 5 seasons of 100+ receptions breaking the mark set by himself, Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison. Anyways, solidify Brady another weapon please. Keep him excited for his last few seasons.
    Posted by LegendofBoston[/QUOTE]

THAT WOULD BE SICK THOUGH!! I rather go that route then Vjax or Brandon. Brady can throw all the 'Back Shoulder' Wounded Ducks he's wants then.  We can get a go D in the draft after that and in Free-agency

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Wish List : I don't know, but I've read that he would like to play for that team. I think Fisher had a part in it.  Who knows, maybe he comes here. A player like Lloyd would make this offense a lot better than it has been.  Just like last season, they need an upgrade at outside WR and RB. You can't have zeros in those spots, you need people who can compete on their own and force the defense to move off the middle of the field. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

The only reason he went to St Louis was Josh Mcdaniels and he took peanuts to do it. Why wouldn't he go get decent money and have Brady throwing to him? It's almost a no brainer unless St Louis overpays. Other teams would have went at him last year if his value was high. He got paid nothing so teams could have acquired him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeattlePatsFan99. Show SeattlePatsFan99's posts

These suggestions are all great but I see a lot of $ here and the name of the game is salary cap management.  It is great to have a wish list but I don’t want to stray too far into fantasyland. Who can point me to the best site for player and team salary break down? Thanks

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just looking over the free agent list (who's available) and there's a lot of good players on there compared to the past two seasons. There's a lot of guys that are just hitting their prime - rather than guys that are trending out of their primes.

With 20 million to spend I imagine we should be big players in the market - this is why we spent so well and conservatively - to make a splash in a really good free agent market, rather than over spend in an average one. Then again we made it to the Super Bowl with 18 undrafted free agents...I hope Kraft isn't thinking this is the way we need to do business.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

From Rotoworld.com:

CBS Sports' Pete Prisco expects free agent DE/OLB Mario Williams to become the highest paid defensive player in the NFL if he hits the open market.

Williams has the No. 1 overall pick pedigree, the measurables, the age (just turned 27), the versatility, and the production to incite a feeding frenzy once the cap-strapped Texans pass on the franchise tag at $22.9 million. SI.com's Don Banks suggests the Bills, Jags, and Bucs as the top three suitors, with the Packers as a wild card. We've also seen the Chargers and Raiders connected to Williams.

I don't think the Pats will pony up that kind of money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There is no defensive player that is worth the kind of money Mario Williams is going to command imo.  He's also been dinged up the last two years so that's something else to keep in mind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Mario is a pipe dream.

Guys like Lloyd, Griffin, Landry, Tyvon Branch, Finnegan, Langford, Wayne, Mathis, are not.

My wish list that isn't completly crazy:

WR Lloyd
    S Griffin/Landry/Branch
    CB Mathis

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Here are some names on Prisco's list that catch the eye from a Patriots perspective (thinking based on need/impact, not cost):

1. DE Mario Williams (Texans)
    4. DE/OLB Cliff Avril (Lions)
    17. S Tyvon Branch (Raiders)
    19. S Dashon Goldson (49ers)
    25. OLB Anthony Spencer (Cowboys)
    31. WR Reggie Wayne (Colts)
    34. WR Pierre Garcon (Colts)
    38. DL Jason Jones (Titans)
    45. WR Robert Meachem (Saints)
    46. S Michael Griffin (Titans

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

There are going to be a ton of players released due to cap space so the list will change radically. Rouss just got released by Raiders and Micheal Huff is rumored to be on the block. Either would look good in our secondary.
    I still dream of a deal with Minny for Jared Allen.
    And I saw a poster who felt Mayo was vastly overrated and I agree. I'd do Mayo even up for Philly's 1st pick and take Kuechly. Pats defense needs a personality input. And some playmakers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I say make the championship pitch to Mario and hope for the best. It all depends on what he wants. More than likely a pipe dream though. Make a good but not great offer to Bowe. He's not a headcase like Jackson, and Lloyd is very overrated while also a bad locker room presence. Bowe seems to have a good head on his shoulders and wants to win, which might be used as a bargaining chip. On top of that, he's big and he's fast. Between him, the TEs, a cheaper than we think Welker (he wants to win here and I think he'd give up cash to bring folks in), and a dirt cheap Branch, there's a lot of diversity in the recieving corps.

As far as D, if they can get a premier pass rusher, they need to pull the trigger. BB has got to see now that the pass rush wins games. Just look at the Giants.

Sections
Shortcuts