Free agent WR news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Free agent WR news

TFB12

I would love another WR threat that's big. Hell yes I would. 

But it's just not gonna happen. BB has never paid for WR. 

He let WW walk screwed up and took Amendola instead and read the draft wrong because this would be the year to cash in on young WRs. 

theres nothing we can do now. You're stuck. Bb pretty much said Dobson, DA and Boyce are the guys going forward. James jones may be the highest name you see here next year. 

Sadly, OL, DL, S and CB are bigger holes to fill than WR. If you take a WR over those we will be in deep shiiiiiittt. 

It's nice to think we can get those guys but BB set the team up hes not gonna spend on WR because he can't right now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I would suggest better numbers, but Dobson isn't Brady's type of WR. Brady likes the possesion guys, Dobson isn't a possesion guy. He's a speedy, deep threat/mid-range WR who'll get his stats from big gains and Brady's deep ball sucks.

So...I still believe Gronk and the slot will get the most targets.

Then why on earth would you "guarantee" #1 receiver stats from him???

No offense but only a complete dum bazz would take that wager. If Dobson doesn't get at least 60+ receptions, 700-1,000 yds and 6-8 tds I'd consider his season quite a disappointment considering the other options on the team at the moment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I would suggest better numbers, but Dobson isn't Brady's type of WR. Brady likes the possesion guys, Dobson isn't a possesion guy. He's a speedy, deep threat/mid-range WR who'll get his stats from big gains and Brady's deep ball sucks.

So...I still believe Gronk and the slot will get the most targets.

Then why on earth would you "guarantee" #1 receiver stats from him???

No offense but only a complete dum bazz would take that wager. If Dobson doesn't get at least 60+ receptions, 700-1,000 yds and 6-8 tds I'd consider his season quite a disappointment considering the other options on the team at the moment.

I gave him very modest #1 WR numbers, assuming he doesn't drop the ball a lot like last season, he should be able to surpass the numbers I gave him. He had 500 yards last season when he was a rookie that Brady barely trusts, assuming he works up some kind of good relationship with Tom, 800+ yards is a cake walk for him.

The guy is the best, in terms of pure WR talents, on the roster. He'll be a good pro, whether it is with Brady is up im the air. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

not for 9 million/year. You think Amendola was a mistake...Wait till BB announces his signing of Eric Decker for 4/36 million with 10 garuanteed.  How did Decker do in the SB?  Thats all I care about because IF we make it, Im sure either San Fran, Seattle, or Carolina will be their waiting and they ALL are physical defenses. With 4 Tds in ONE game, its easy to see how he got his stats. I wouldnt say he had success vs everyone. Its called  having a passing offense. Welker had what? 10 Tds'?  He never SNIFFED 10 TDs here. Thats because Manning is the real Stats Padder, Not Brady.

You have to remember TFB, you are the same guy who still thinks we Needed Wes when we just saw Edleman be the same player. You overate white receivers  it seems.

E.Decker had 6 cathes his rookie year. He had 44 the next year playing w/Tebow.

When Peyton arrived, he jumped up to 85 and 87 catches respectively. So without Peyton, he would be just another average WR. Remember what Dallas Clark looked like once he left Indy?  Thats my rebutall. I have nothing personal against Decker but he is pretty average for 9 mill/year IMO

He wasnt consistent even w/those numbers. He put up 10 catches vs a stinky Houston secondary but put up 4 for 27 vs the Raiders, 2 for 42 vs the Chargers. Within the division, he didnt do much. That tells me what I need to know.

Oh goodie, another mention of Welker.... Very well.  You can try and twist it anyway you want to but I was correct about Welker.  BB lets Welker go and brings in Amendola.  We all know the plan wasn't to have Edelman fill Welkers shoes, it just happened that way.  Amendola was the one brought in to replace Welker.  Thank goodness Edelman was still a Patriot otherwise that move would have been worse then it was.  If BB had plans for Edelman, he wouldn't have let him visit the Giants and test the market then sign him to a 1 year deal.   BB would have locked him up for multiple years.  Could you imagine what a Edelman and Welker offense would have done last season?  More then it did, that is for sure. 

Over value white receivers?  LOL!  It just happens that Welker was a production machine and happens to be white, oh and Eric Decker, the top FA WR this year just happens to be white.  So blame them for being productive white guys playing a WR position, haha! 

So you want to talk stats, td's and production?  You lean on Manning being a stat hog, that Decker had talent around him to get the production he got the last 2 season, well let me break it to you.... that's what seems to happen when you have good talent at that position.  You can't cover all the talent so some receivers are going to be open.  Wow!  What a marvelous thing that would be instead of having to feed the ball to 1 guy over and over and hope nobody shuts that 1 guy down otherwise the offense is in trouble and then you get some whack jobs putting the blame all on a HOF QB.  Sound familiar? As in Last season!!!

Sorry, but Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola aren't going to be enough fire power or help each other get open.  And bringing back Austin Collie or a cheap FA WR like Kenny Britt or Robert Meachem or a freaking Molasses Mike or a new rookie isn't going to do it either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

not for 9 million/year. You think Amendola was a mistake...Wait till BB announces his signing of Eric Decker for 4/36 million with 10 garuanteed.  How did Decker do in the SB?  Thats all I care about because IF we make it, Im sure either San Fran, Seattle, or Carolina will be their waiting and they ALL are physical defenses. With 4 Tds in ONE game, its easy to see how he got his stats. I wouldnt say he had success vs everyone. Its called  having a passing offense. Welker had what? 10 Tds'?  He never SNIFFED 10 TDs here. Thats because Manning is the real Stats Padder, Not Brady.

You have to remember TFB, you are the same guy who still thinks we Needed Wes when we just saw Edleman be the same player. You overate white receivers  it seems.

E.Decker had 6 cathes his rookie year. He had 44 the next year playing w/Tebow.

When Peyton arrived, he jumped up to 85 and 87 catches respectively. So without Peyton, he would be just another average WR. Remember what Dallas Clark looked like once he left Indy?  Thats my rebutall. I have nothing personal against Decker but he is pretty average for 9 mill/year IMO

He wasnt consistent even w/those numbers. He put up 10 catches vs a stinky Houston secondary but put up 4 for 27 vs the Raiders, 2 for 42 vs the Chargers. Within the division, he didnt do much. That tells me what I need to know.

Oh goodie, another mention of Welker.... Very well.  You can try and twist it anyway you want to but I was correct about Welker.  BB lets Welker go and brings in Amendola.  We all know the plan wasn't to have Edelman fill Welkers shoes, it just happened that way.  Amendola was the one brought in to replace Welker.  Thank goodness Edelman was still a Patriot otherwise that move would have been worse then it was.  If BB had plans for Edelman, he wouldn't have let him visit the Giants and test the market then sign him to a 1 year deal.   BB would have locked him up for multiple years.  Could you imagine what a Edelman and Welker offense would have done last season?  More then it did, that is for sure. 

Over value white receivers?  LOL!  It just happens that Welker was a production machine and happens to be white, oh and Eric Decker, the top FA WR this year just happens to be white.  So blame them for being productive white guys playing a WR position, haha! 

So you want to talk stats, td's and production?  You lean on Manning being a stat hog, that Decker had talent around him to get the production he got the last 2 season, well let me break it to you.... that's what seems to happen when you have good talent at that position.  You can't cover all the talent so some receivers are going to be open.  Wow!  What a marvelous thing that would be instead of having to feed the ball to 1 guy over and over and hope nobody shuts that 1 guy down otherwise the offense is in trouble and then you get some whack jobs putting the blame all on a HOF QB.  Sound familiar? As in Last season!!!

Sorry, but Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola aren't going to be enough fire power or help each other get open.  And bringing back Austin Collie or a cheap FA WR like Kenny Britt or Robert Meachem or a freaking Molasses Mike or a new rookie isn't going to do it either.

Talk to BB man. Your beef with him has nothing to do w/Edleman. You are in the Wes is better than Danny camp, I agree.  My point was that this Offense DID survive with out Welker . Doesnt matter which guy stepped up really. Im just saying this offense survived w/out wes, period. It will survive w/out Decker too.  YOu are proving my point. Decker coming here WONT have talent all around him to succeed, he is gonna be surrounded by unproven players and you think he is gonna duplicate that production here??  I disagree thats all and its all moot cuz BB aint spending at that position anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Talk to BB man. Your beef with him has nothing to do w/Edleman. You are in the Wes is better than Danny camp, I agree.  My point was that this Offense DID survive with out Welker . Doesnt matter which guy stepped up really. Im just saying this offense survived w/out wes, period. It will survive w/out Decker too.  YOu are proving my point. Decker coming here WONT have talent all around him to succeed, he is gonna be surrounded by unproven players and you think he is gonna duplicate that production here??  I disagree thats all and its all moot cuz BB aint spending at that position anyway.

The offense survived, thanks to TFB. And yes, it will survive again this coming season thanks to TFB, but I'm not into just surviving at this point.  Last season played out just as I said it would.. they came up short of the SB and Amendola would spend time on the bench injured.  Heck, he was spending time on the bench even when he wasn't injured.   And all of that will happen again this season if they don't get some help at the WR position.  As of now they have Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce.  All who missed multiple games last season.  And all shorter, less physical receivers with the exception of Dobson.   I still say bring in a bigger receiver with Dobson and let Thomkins and Amendola play the role Edelman and Amendola played last season.

Even if Decker was brought in and did 3/4 of what he did last season with the Broncos and took some of the attention away from the other receivers so they can be productive then it's a win/win situation.  The current staff of WR's need all the help they can get so they can get open.  I know, BB won't pay what it would take to bring Decker in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The offense survived, thanks to TFB. And yes, it will survive again this coming season thanks to TFB, but I'm not into just surviving at this point.  Last season played out just as I said it would.. they came up short of the SB and Amendola would spend time on the bench injured.  Heck, he was spending time on the bench even when he wasn't injured.   And all of that will happen again this season if they don't get some help at the WR position.  As of now they have Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce.  All who missed multiple games last season.  And all shorter, less physical receivers with the exception of Dobson.   I still say bring in a bigger receiver with Dobson and let Thomkins and Amendola play the role Edelman and Amendola played last season.

Even if Decker was brought in and did 3/4 of what he did last season with the Broncos and took some of the attention away from the other receivers so they can be productive then it's a win/win situation.  The current staff of WR's need all the help they can get so they can get open.  I know, BB won't pay what it would take to bring Decker in.

Decker's not coming, he's looking for a pay day. BB ain't paying him what he wants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Decker's not coming, he's looking for a pay day. BB ain't paying him what he wants.

Nope!  Not even on BB's radar.  Molasses Mike, where are you????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

....So you want to talk stats, td's and production?  You lean on Manning being a stat hog, that Decker had talent around him to get the production he got the last 2 season, well let me break it to you.... that's what seems to happen when you have good talent at that position.  You can't cover all the talent so some receivers are going to be open.  Wow!  What a marvelous thing that would be instead of having to feed the ball to 1 guy over and over and hope nobody shuts that 1 guy down otherwise the offense is in trouble and then you get some whack jobs putting the blame all on a HOF QB.  Sound familiar? As in Last season!!!

Ranks of the passing offenses of the SB champs and Pats since the Pats last won the SB - tell me why we need to be concerned with pass receivers again?

SB Champ/Pats

2013: 26th/10th 

2012: 15th/4th

2011: 5th/2nd

2010: 5th/11th

2009: 4th/3rd

2008: 17th/12th (w/Matt C) 

2007: 21st/1st

2006: 2nd/12th

2005: 24th/2nd

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

....So you want to talk stats, td's and production?  You lean on Manning being a stat hog, that Decker had talent around him to get the production he got the last 2 season, well let me break it to you.... that's what seems to happen when you have good talent at that position.  You can't cover all the talent so some receivers are going to be open.  Wow!  What a marvelous thing that would be instead of having to feed the ball to 1 guy over and over and hope nobody shuts that 1 guy down otherwise the offense is in trouble and then you get some whack jobs putting the blame all on a HOF QB.  Sound familiar? As in Last season!!!

Ranks of the passing offenses of the SB champs and Pats since the Pats last won the SB - tell me why we need to be concerned with pass receivers again?

SB Champ/Pats

Awesome! Why pass the ball then?

BTw, check this out... Seahawks had more passing td's then the Patriots.  I'm sure the Seahawks defense played a part in why the Seahawks passing yards were down.  Maybe the Seahawks got great field position when on offense.  Pretty effecient with the pass if they are ranked 26th in yards but have more passing td's then the Pats.

Come on Muzwell, that is a rediculous post!  I am a bit disappointed in you for that.

Last year the Pats lost 3 games because the receivers were duds!  Winning 1 of those 3 games would have given the Pats home field advantage.  Home field advantage and a couple WR's who showed up for the home playoff game would have got the Pats to the SB.  You can't win the SB if you don't make it there.  Now can ya?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Its ludicrise how all these experts expect to improve the passing game by changeing out the WR's and bitch1ng about those that we have...TB CAN NOT deliver an accurate pass from his butt or on the run...He needs the OL to give him more than 3 seconds for a play to develop and deliver the pass...I DO NOT CARE who you put out there to recieve pass's, as long as  Wendell and Connolly are on the front line as starters the offence will struggle...So picks or high cap signings to the reciever corps will do no different with out addressing the protection issues. You want to fix the offence....spend that pick or high priced FA contract on the real problem.......The OL.....This being as it is......is there any question why TB has been forced to cover up that defecincy with the short passing game and leaning on the slot for so long...That is why any one that takes the short passing game away by stacking the box is successfull against the Pats.. Mack may very well be the impact FA signing for this offence....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

SB Champ/Pats

BTw, check this out... Seahawks had more passing td's then the Patriots.  I'm sure the Seahawks defense played a part in why the Seahawks passing yards were down.  Maybe the Seahawks got great field position when on offense.  Pretty effecient with the pass if they are ranked 26th in yards but have more passing td's then the Pats.

Come on Muzwell, that is a rediculous post!  I am a bit disappointed in you for that.

Last year the Pats lost 3 games because the receivers were duds!  Winning 1 of those 3 games would have given the Pats home field advantage.  Home field advantage and a couple WR's who showed up for the home playoff game would have got the Pats to the SB.  You can't win the SB if you don't make it there.  Now can ya?

I thought they lost because the CBs couldn't cover once the other team took out Aqib.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Decker is absolutely not coming to NE.  Period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...Awesome! Why pass the ball then?

Sorry the point was lost on you. The point is they have needs that surpass who's catching the football. You're so envious of Denver, but what did all that flash get them? Answer: absolutely nothing but a bunch of paper records, just like all the other record setting passing teams that came before them. All came up short. Is that what you want, to come up short? 

Eric Decker is not a difference maker. He's Greg Jennings from the year before. Spend the money on what they need, which is not pass receivers. 

As far as passing TDs, the Pats had five more rushing TDs than Seattle. Scored more points, more yards per carry. Whatever, what's it mean?  Keep that running game going, spend FA money on defense, draft an OL and a TE and a WR for the offense. Let some other team pay Eric Decker and Edelman too. Spend money on Arthur Jones or Red Bryant or Jared Allen or Donte Whitner...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

you are gonna moan and moan about our WRs until we get one.

say, lets just say BB did get Decker and James Jones and let Edelman and Talib walk and signed no one else.

so Decker, Jones, Dobson, Amendola, and Boyce are our WRs. would that make you happy? because at that point we would have no defense and Dennard would be our #1 CB and we wouldnt have a safety either.

so instead of the WRs not winning us 1 of those 3 games our defense would lose us 4-5 more games.

the defense is priority here. TB12 is our QB, he can make something outta nothing ( shown last year) and you're gonna need to trust the progression of our WRs (dobson, boyce in general) becuase there are alot bigger holes on defense.

Talib needs to be resigned, a legit strong safety would help DMC a ton and another pass rusher would be great too. Wendell is a FA (and sucks) and Connolly is old. OL needs work too.

so, what do you want? A great offense and sacrifice our D and pull a 2007 again?

and then when the defense blows a game for us you are gonna probably come here and complain how bad of a GM BB and he cant build a defense. but you don't want him to if you want a big name WR.

no, focus on the defense and the offense will have to do. we have the GOAT he will make things happen and I actually believe Dobson and Boyce will be very good next year. and if we draft a big TE to fill for Gronk that's a decent offense.

I understand you want a big name WR. I really do too, badly. but its just not realistic. there are too many holes to fill to get a big name WR (blame Hern's 7.5mil dead money for that)

the only WR coming in here will be a vet on a 1-2 year deal for 2-3 million a year probably.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

you are gonna moan and moan about our WRs until we get one.

say, lets just say BB did get Decker and James Jones and let Edelman and Talib walk and signed no one else.

so Decker, Jones, Dobson, Amendola, and Boyce are our WRs. would that make you happy? because at that point we would have no defense and Dennard would be our #1 CB and we wouldnt have a safety either.

so instead of the WRs not winning us 1 of those 3 games our defense would lose us 4-5 more games.

the defense is priority here. TB12 is our QB, he can make something outta nothing ( shown last year) and you're gonna need to trust the progression of our WRs (dobson, boyce in general) becuase there are alot bigger holes on defense.

Talib needs to be resigned, a legit strong safety would help DMC a ton and another pass rusher would be great too. Wendell is a FA (and sucks) and Connolly is old. OL needs work too.

so, what do you want? A great offense and sacrifice our D and pull a 2007 again?

and then when the defense blows a game for us you are gonna probably come here and complain how bad of a GM BB and he cant build a defense. but you don't want him to if you want a big name WR.

no, focus on the defense and the offense will have to do. we have the GOAT he will make things happen and I actually believe Dobson and Boyce will be very good next year. and if we draft a big TE to fill for Gronk that's a decent offense.

I understand you want a big name WR. I really do too, badly. but its just not realistic. there are too many holes to fill to get a big name WR (blame Hern's 7.5mil dead money for that)

the only WR coming in here will be a vet on a 1-2 year deal for 2-3 million a year probably.

Whoa!  Where did James Jones come from?  Why you changing things up?  That wasn't my suggestion.  Why are you changing what I wrote here?  I'm calling for ONE legit receiver.  ONE!  Understand?  ONE!  You seriously don't think they could bring in ONE legit receiver and still build and add to the defense?  One legit receiver with Dobson, Amendola, and Thompkins would be leaps and bounds over what they have now.  Have you not heard.. the cap has been raised a bit more, are just going to let Big Vince stay at $11 million? 

Come on guys.  Be creative here.  You don't think the Pats, or really any team for that matter, can work the cap in order to get some legit guys to help both sides of the ball?  Where were last season when the board was full of negative talk about the receiving corps?  Defense was looking fine until the injuries hit.  Yes, there are upgrades needed there too but you can do both. 

Dobson and Thompkins have a long way to go, you think they are going to drastically change this year?  What about Amendola, hell... he was on the sidelines half the games there at the end of the season.  He was not effective at all. He can't get away from press coverage.  What if Thompkins or Dobson goes down.  You are going to bring Collie back?  Lord help us!  Don't fool yourself, the passing game needs upgraded, one legit WR would make a big difference.  You will still be able to upgrade the defense.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sorry the point was lost on you. The point is they have needs that surpass who's catching the football. You're so envious of Denver, but what did all that flash get them? Answer: absolutely nothing but a bunch of paper records, just like all the other record setting passing teams that came before them. All came up short. Is that what you want, to come up short? 

Eric Decker is not a difference maker. He's Greg Jennings from the year before. Spend the money on what they need, which is not pass receivers. 

As far as passing TDs, the Pats had five more rushing TDs than Seattle. Scored more points, more yards per carry. Whatever, what's it mean?  Keep that running game going, spend FA money on defense, draft an OL and a TE and a WR for the offense. Let some other team pay Eric Decker and Edelman too. Spend money on Arthur Jones or Red Bryant or Jared Allen or Donte Whitner...

I thought we lost the two AFC championship games because Peyton and Flacco schooled us for 400 yards a piece, but I guess TFB thinks that if Brady had throw 400 yards the Pats would've won.

Even though we saw the Pats win 3 SBs with a good defense and 0-2 in the SB since that defenses got old.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I thought we lost the two AFC championship games because Peyton and Flacco schooled us for 400 yards a piece, but I guess TFB thinks that if Brady had throw 400 yards the Pats would've won.

Even though we saw the Pats win 3 SBs with a good defense and 0-2 in the SB since that defenses got old.

vs Broncos playoff game

Edelman 89 yards

Collie 57 yards

Dobson 33 yards

That's it!

Awesome!  That is some great WR weapons there. ROFL!!

Really, the Pats can't get one legit WR? 

If the Pats sign 1 legit receiver they blow their wad?  They are capped out because of one legit WR?  Nobody else?  Wilfork is still going to make $11 million?  The cap hasn't increased?  Come on guys, your arguments are laughable!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The point was lost on me?  LMAO!

Once again..... the Pats won't have any money left to spend on the defense or other needs if they bring in ONE legit WR?  What?  Come on, get serious please. They have cap room and can bring in a legit WR and still have enough to spend on the defense.

The Seahawks played 9 games against top 10 defense with fewest points allowed.  The Patriots played 6 games against top 10 defenses with fewest points allowed.  Don't you think that might have something to do with the Pats having better offensive stats?

BB isn't going to draft a WR in the first two rounds of this years draft and that is where all the top WR will be taken.  The Pats certainly don't need another rookie WR on this roster so go out and get an experienced WR who can make a difference.

Answer me this.... If the Pats had a top defense and played the Seahawks in the SB, do you think they had the offense to beat the Seahawks?  Oh Hell no. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

....Answer me this.... If the Pats had a top defense and played the Seahawks in the SB, do you think they had the offense to beat the Seahawks?  Oh Hell no. 

If they had a defense as good as Seattle's? Yes, they absolutely could beat them. Seattle's offense is average, Pats offense is top 10.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

....Answer me this.... If the Pats had a top defense and played the Seahawks in the SB, do you think they had the offense to beat the Seahawks?  Oh Hell no. 

If they had a defense as good as Seattle's? Yes, they absolutely could beat them. Seattle's offense is average, Pats offense is top 10.

I think it depends on who was playing in the Pats offense.  The group they had against the Broncos in the playoffs might not beat Seattle. We've seen for several years now that this offense is very different with Gronk and without. The Pats do need to do something to be less dependent on one (unfortunately unreliable) player. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

When are you guys going to figure out that you are arguing with a Broncos fan?  TFB12 doesn't even root for the Pats anymore.  He loves all things Denver and is still trying to deal with the fact that they got humiliated in a historic fashion in the SB.  Let him wallow in his little Decker fantasy.  It ain't going to happen.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

When are you guys going to figure out that you are arguing with a Broncos fan?  TFB12 doesn't even root for the Pats anymore.  He loves all things Denver and is still trying to deal with the fact that they got humiliated in a historic fashion in the SB.  Let him wallow in his little Decker fantasy.  It ain't going to happen.  

I just dont see how anyone who watched that game(SB) can come away thinking the pats need a better WR. Even their(Denvers) best guy D.Thomas was held in check. They blew him up on his 1st touch and it was over. It should have been pretty obvious to anyone that Defense should be our main priority.

Everyone wants the glamour positions but dont understand He needs a better O line to get the ball past 15 yards downfield. If someone doesnt start their statement for concerns for Pats with D line and O line, they are uninformed, sorry.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I just dont see how anyone who watched that game(SB) can come away thinking the pats need a better WR. Even their(Denvers) best guy D.Thomas was held in check. They blew him up on his 1st touch and it was over. It should have been pretty obvious to anyone that Defense should be our main priority.

Everyone wants the glamour positions but dont understand He needs a better O line to get the ball past 15 yards downfield. If someone doesnt start their statement for concerns for Pats with D line and O line, they are uninformed, sorry.

Agree.  The SB was just a reminder of what we already knew.  Defense wins championships, and Gomer chokes in big games.  Improve the D via FA, and maybe grab an affordable WR if the right guy is there.  Dobson/Boyce/Amendola/Harrison are a promising bunch.  Get better at TE and develop your youth.  Look at the WRs that SEA won the SB with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Broncos fan? Haha!  I picked the Seahawks to win by a blow out.  I didn't figure it would be that much of a blow out but still I picked the Seahawks to win big.  They certainly were the team to beat in the AFC, called that too before the season started.  So I want players who will gave the Patriots the best chance of getting to the SB = not a fan?  Come on now, that's plain ridiculous!

Sections
Shortcuts