1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Free agent WR news

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....Answer me this.... If the Pats had a top defense and played the Seahawks in the SB, do you think they had the offense to beat the Seahawks?  Oh Hell no. 

[/QUOTE]

If they had a defense as good as Seattle's? Yes, they absolutely could beat them. Seattle's offense is average, Pats offense is top 10.

[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on who was playing in the Pats offense.  The group they had against the Broncos in the playoffs might not beat Seattle. We've seen for several years now that this offense is very different with Gronk and without. The Pats do need to do something to be less dependent on one (unfortunately unreliable) player. 

[/QUOTE]

No, the group that played the Broncos in the playoffs could never beat the Seahawks, wouldn't stand a chance. Yes, Gronk is a difference maker but he wasn't there.  Who knows if this guy can play a full season anymore.  My thoughts are no.  Unfortunately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

....Answer me this.... If the Pats had a top defense and played the Seahawks in the SB, do you think they had the offense to beat the Seahawks?  Oh Hell no. 

[/QUOTE]

If they had a defense as good as Seattle's? Yes, they absolutely could beat them. Seattle's offense is average, Pats offense is top 10.

[/QUOTE]

Seattle offense is average?  They averegaed 1.7 points less per game then the Pats did and they played more top 10 defenses then the Pats did. Even if the Pats had a top defense they wouldn't have had the offense to score against the Seahawks defense. Seahawks offense was top 10 in scoring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Seattle had an average O at best. Their stats look good because the defense set them up very well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just dont see how anyone who watched that game(SB) can come away thinking the pats need a better WR. Even their(Denvers) best guy D.Thomas was held in check. They blew him up on his 1st touch and it was over. It should have been pretty obvious to anyone that Defense should be our main priority.

Everyone wants the glamour positions but dont understand He needs a better O line to get the ball past 15 yards downfield. If someone doesnt start their statement for concerns for Pats with D line and O line, they are uninformed, sorry.

[/QUOTE]

You still need to be able to score to win.  Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola would never have been able to do that.  They were shut down vs the Broncos defense.  Who knows if any of those guys can stay healthy for a season.  They didn't last season.  The only WR's that did anything were Edelman (very possibly gone) and Collie (gone).  To think the Pats could have done anything on offense in the SB against the Seahawks is laughable.  Embarrassing to think they would have even had a chance to win, even with Edelman.  It doesn't matter if they had a top defense ort not, they wouldn't have been able to score.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just dont see how anyone who watched that game(SB) can come away thinking the pats need a better WR. Even their(Denvers) best guy D.Thomas was held in check. They blew him up on his 1st touch and it was over. It should have been pretty obvious to anyone that Defense should be our main priority.

Everyone wants the glamour positions but dont understand He needs a better O line to get the ball past 15 yards downfield. If someone doesnt start their statement for concerns for Pats with D line and O line, they are uninformed, sorry.

[/QUOTE]

You still need to be able to score to win.  Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola would never have been able to do that.  They were shut down vs the Broncos defense.  Who knows if any of those guys can stay healthy for a season.  They didn't last season.  The only WR's that did anything were Edelman (very possibly gone) and Collie (gone).  To think the Pats could have done anything on offense in the SB against the Seahawks is laughable.  Embarrassing to think they would have even had a chance to win, even with Edelman.  It doesn't matter if they had a top defense ort not, they wouldn't have been able to score.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. I don't think the pats receivers matched up well with the Seattle secondary. No one on the pats would require a double from the Seahawks, allowing them to max rush and get after Brady. Couple that with the OL issues on the interior and that is not a good recipe to score.

with the extra cap money being allocated all teams, bring in Fitzgerald and don't sign Edelman..or let Danny walk after June 1. LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on who was playing in the Pats offense.  The group they had against the Broncos in the playoffs might not beat Seattle. We've seen for several years now that this offense is very different with Gronk and without. The Pats do need to do something to be less dependent on one (unfortunately unreliable) player. 

[/QUOTE]

No, the group that played the Broncos in the playoffs could never beat the Seahawks, wouldn't stand a chance. Yes, Gronk is a difference maker but he wasn't there.  Who knows if this guy can play a full season anymore.  My thoughts are no.  Unfortunately.

[/QUOTE]

Like they were with edelman, and welker before him, and Moss before him....and now Gronk?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Edelman will be gone.  Someone will offer big money.  The current WR set is going to be okay.  Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins will be able to handle the WR needs.  This is not an area of need on the team.  The biggest need is in the trenches.  Without a solid offensive line, the WR's will not matter.  Brady needs time to throw the ball.  Wendell was manhandled during the Broncos game.  Pressure was coming up the middle all game.  This led to Brady having to release the ball early.  I would prefer to see the money spent on the OL and DL rather than on another WR.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like they were with edelman, and welker before him, and Moss before him....and now Gronk?

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your point/question here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman will be gone.  Someone will offer big money.  The current WR set is going to be okay.  Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins will be able to handle the WR needs.  This is not an area of need on the team.  The biggest need is in the trenches.  Without a solid offensive line, the WR's will not matter.  Brady needs time to throw the ball.  Wendell was manhandled during the Broncos game.  Pressure was coming up the middle all game.  This led to Brady having to release the ball early.  I would prefer to see the money spent on the OL and DL rather than on another WR.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your comments about the OL and DL but Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce?  After just 1 season, 1 season where they struggled and only had glimpses of success?  Boyce is still a rookie, he did nothing last season. Can these guys even stay healthy for a full season?  You are taking a huge chance that they will.  Who do you plug in if they don't?   These guys did nothing after the bye week.  That is 9 games (reg and post season) where they did absolutly nothing.  And you want them to carry this team this coming season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your point/question here.

[/QUOTE]

Oops I meant to highlight prolates response above yours. He said we need to do something so we won't be so reliable on one receiver(Gronk) but we have been saying the same thing about Edelman last year, and Welker before him, and we were too reliant on Moss before him! Point being, we have had plenty of weapons, and if we are too reliant on 1 player it is a fault of the offensive philsophy or the QB. How many QB's or offenses would KILL for Moss in his prime, WW in his prime, Gronk?

And by the way, Muzz is absolutely correct in his point and it was lost on you. We don't need stud receivers across the board, he showed you that with his pass rankings for SB winners. Look at what we accomplished with some of tye best receiving cores in nfl history....lost in the big game. We need a player or 2 on offense, a player or 2 on defense and the 27 million that was on injured reserve last year to come back healthy....that's all we need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, and if they had Eric Decker they'd have lit up Seattle because we all saw how he torched those guys in the Super Bowl...er, well, ummm, he's really good though!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This guy just doesn't get it...

If New England and Seattle had the exact same defense, New England wins 10/10 because New England has a much better QB/Offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, and if they had Eric Decker they'd have lit up Seattle because we all saw how he torched those guys in the Super Bowl...er, well, ummm, he's really good though!

[/QUOTE]

Well for one thing the Pats didn't make it to the super bowl because the WR group was so poor.  So we will never know for sure.  Maybe had the Patriots had Decker or a receiver like Decker they could have beat Denver to get a shot at the title....  But they didn't.  Oh.. and maybe if they had Decker or a receiver like Decker they would have won one more game during the season and got home field advantage too. I hear Home field advantage is a good thing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well for one thing the Pats didn't make it to the super bowl because the WR group was so poor.  So we will never know for sure.  Maybe had the Patriots had Decker or a receiver like Decker they could have beat Denver to get a shot at the title....  But they didn't.  Oh.. and maybe if they had Decker or a receiver like Decker they would have won one more game during the season and got home field advantage too. I hear Home field advantage is a good thing. 

[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe if they had Decker or a receiver like Decker which will cost about 30 million in guaranteed money soon, and they still don't win a super bowl like they didn't with a top 3 receiver in NFL history in Moss, then our team suffers the next few years in other spots of needs because we had all this money invested in a position that as the Denver Broncos showed doesn't win you super bowls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If New England and Seattle had the exact same defense, New England wins 10/10 because New England has a much better QB/Offense.

[/QUOTE]

bing bing bing winner

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't.  Excuse me for thinking these numbers the Pats WR put up against the Broncos, a far less superior defense then the Seahawks, wouldn't have been good enough to beat the Seahawks.  How crazy of me!

Dobson = 2 receptions, 33 yards

Thompkins = 0

Boyce = 0

Amendola = 0

Collie = 4 receptions for 57 yards

Edelman - 10 receptions for 89 yards

Look at that list, how do you really feel if Edelman leaves?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't.  Excuse me for thinking these numbers the Pats WR put up against the Broncos, a far less superior defense then the Seahawks, wouldn't have been good enough to beat the Seahawks.  How crazy of me!

Thompkins = 0

Boyce = 0

Amendola = 0

[/QUOTE]

I feel like Tommy needs to throw other guys the ball, and also hit wide open 70 yard td passes.

How about the 2012 super bowl

WW 7 rec 60 yards

Branch 3 rec 45 yards

ocho 1 rec 21 yards(been nice to use him a bit more hey)

Bunch of guys with 0

or the 07 SB

WW 11 rec 103 yards

Moss 5 rec 62 yards td

stalworth 3 rec 34 yards

Bunch of guys 0

How about the 04 SB

Branch(slot) 11 rec 133 yards

Givens 3 rec 19 yards

Brown 2 rec 18 yards

bunch of guys with 0

i see a theme here. We throw the ball to the slot receiver a whole bunch, not much after that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

How crazy of me!

Thompkins = 0

Boyce = 0

Amendola = 0

VERY fine actually because BB will bring in a vet on the cheap for the outside.

Dobson (6'3 210 4.39) rookie stats:

GP 12

REC 37

YDS 519

AVG14.0

TDS 4

Alshon Jeffery (6'3 215, 4.48 40):

GP 10

REC 24

YDS 367

AVG 15.3

TDS 3

Similar much?!? the potential is there TFB. don't doubt Dobson, I'm serious.

you dont have to trust DA cuz I dont at all either. but Boyce runs a 4.34 40 and has skill. he can play the slot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe if they had Decker or a receiver like Decker which will cost about 30 million in guaranteed money soon, and they still don't win a super bowl like they didn't with a top 3 receiver in NFL history in Moss, then our team suffers the next few years in other spots of needs because we had all this money invested in a position that as the Denver Broncos showed doesn't win you super bowls.

[/QUOTE]

Well with the receivers they have now they will never make the SB.

The Moss argument is lame.  Let me see if I can match that lame argument.  How is this.....Over the past 10 years the % of going to the SB with a top receiver like Moss is far greater  then that without a top receiver.  What do you think about that?

We don't know what the money will be.  It doesn't even have to be Decker but can they please bring in a WR who can help this team because what is there now certainly isn't going to get the Patriots to a SB, no matter how good the defense is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well with the receivers they have now they will never make the SB.

The Moss argument is lame.  Let me see if I can match that lame argument.  How is this.....Over the past 10 years the % of going to the SB with a top receiver like Moss is far greater  then that without a top receiver.  What do you think about that?

We don't know what the money will be.  It doesn't even have to be Decker but can they please bring in a WR who can help this team because what is there now certainly isn't going to get the Patriots to a SB, no matter how good the defense is.

[/QUOTE]

Incredulous. We were a last minute defensive collapse away from going (and winning) the SB in 2006 with Reche Caldwell and a guy named Doug Gabriel. We had the best offense in NFL history and scored 14 points in the SB in 07, we scored 33 points a game with WW, Gronk, Hernandez and Ochocinco and scored 17 points in the next SB. We scored 27 points on offense in that afc championship game against Indy in Indy.

point being you saying we will never make it to the SB with this group of receivers is your opinion but it can't be based on much of anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How crazy of me!

Thompkins = 0

Boyce = 0

Amendola = 0

[/QUOTE]

VERY fine actually because BB will bring in a vet on the cheap for the outside.

Dobson (6'3 210 4.39) rookie stats:

GP 10

REC 37

YDS 519

AVG14.0

TDS 4

Alshon Jeffery (6'3 215, 4.48 40):

GP 10

REC 24

YDS 367

AVG 15.3

TDS 3

Similar much?!? the potential is there TFB. don't doubt Dobson, I'm serious.

you dont have to trust DA cuz I dont at all either. but Boyce runs a 4.34 40 and has skill. he can play the slot.

[/QUOTE]

Who cares about Alshon Jeffery, he isn't going to help the Bears get to the SB either.  You say BB will bring in a Vet on the outside cheap.  You know that?  Well fantastic! I can't wait to see who it is.  I hear Molasses Mike was brought in on the cheap last year and didn't make it long enough to see a game. Can't wait to see who it will be this year.

Boyce hardley played last season, the dude is pretty much still a rookie. Now you are scaring me, I think we are in worse shape then I first thought.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Who cares about Alshon? See how dominant he is? You are such a stat whoree saying Decker had 1200 and 12 but Alshon had 1400 & 10? 

Both had great #1 WR opposite them. 

Alshon is a beast and had a worse rookie year than Dobson yet you're already writing him off. 

just have some damn faith. 

And yes if JE walks I expect another WR brought in here

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Who cares about Alshon? See how dominant he is? You are such a stat whoree saying Decker had 1200 and 12 but Alshon had 1400 & 10? 

Both had great #1 WR opposite them. 

Alshon is a beast and had a worse rookie year than Dobson yet you're already writing him off. 

just have some damn faith. 

And yes if JE walks I expect another WR brought in here

Have some faith?? LMFAO!!  That's what people were telling me around this time last season about letting Welker go and bringing in Amendola.  Look how that worked out.

I'm not writing anyone off... yet.  I'm just saying Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce have a ways to go.  Not impressed enough with what I saw last year to put the offense in their hands in year two.  That is all.

So give me a few names of WR's that you think would be a good addition to the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Thompkins = 0

Boyce = 0

Amendola = 0

[/QUOTE]

Edelman leaves and Brady works up confidence in a new slot, like when Welker left or when Troy Brown retired. Brady and a slot WR go hand in hand, it's the outside guys that Brady has a tough time working with.

As far as Seattle is concerned, we said Seattle and New England have the exact same defenses in this scenario, right? So who is going to beat Seattle's defense on Seattle's offense? FHOF Golden Tate? I don't even know the other scrubs, I only know Golden because NE fans wanted to draft him.

Both Edelman and Amendola > Tate. Plus, no Seattle player = Gronk on offense.

See what we mean? Our offensive skilled position players aren't a problem, our defense is what we need to work on so that we can get a defense like Seattle. Part of the reason why a lot of guys were held without a catch in the AFCCG was because Conolly and Wendell were getting smacked around that Brady had to throw the ball to the inside guys quickly or risk a sack. If you were calling for Alex Mack, I'm sure the whole board would be on your side.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Edelman leaves and Brady works up confidence in a new slot, like when Welker left or when Troy Brown retired. Brady and a slot WR go hand in hand, it's the outside guys that Brady has a tough time working with.

As far as Seattle is concerned, we said Seattle and New England have the exact same defenses in this scenario, right? So who is going to beat Seattle's defense on Seattle's offense? FHOF Golden Tate? I don't even know the other scrubs, I only know Golden because NE fans wanted to draft him.

Both Edelman and Amendola > Tate. Plus, no Seattle player = Gronk on offense.

See what we mean? Our offensive skilled position players aren't a problem, our defense is what we need to work on so that we can get a defense like Seattle. Part of the reason why a lot of guys were held without a catch in the AFCCG was because Conolly and Wendell were getting smacked around that Brady had to throw the ball to the inside guys quickly or risk a sack. If you were calling for Alex Mack, I'm sure the whole board would be on your side.

[/QUOTE]

Brady works up confidence on who?  Edelman because he knows the offense.  He lost all confidence in Amendola, Dobson and Thompkins.

Seattle offense did well enough to go 6-3 in games they played against top 10 defenses.  The Pats went 3-3 in games vs top 10 defenses and could hardly score vs the Broncos in the AFCCG.  Please tell me again how the Pats offense would do against the #1 defense Seattle Seahawks?

Look at all the teams locking up their top receiving weapons already.