Free agent WR news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Free agent WR news

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Edelman leaves and Brady works up confidence in a new slot, like when Welker left or when Troy Brown retired. Brady and a slot WR go hand in hand, it's the outside guys that Brady has a tough time working with.

As far as Seattle is concerned, we said Seattle and New England have the exact same defenses in this scenario, right? So who is going to beat Seattle's defense on Seattle's offense? FHOF Golden Tate? I don't even know the other scrubs, I only know Golden because NE fans wanted to draft him.

Both Edelman and Amendola > Tate. Plus, no Seattle player = Gronk on offense.

See what we mean? Our offensive skilled position players aren't a problem, our defense is what we need to work on so that we can get a defense like Seattle. Part of the reason why a lot of guys were held without a catch in the AFCCG was because Conolly and Wendell were getting smacked around that Brady had to throw the ball to the inside guys quickly or risk a sack. If you were calling for Alex Mack, I'm sure the whole board would be on your side.

Brady works up confidence on who?  Edelman because he knows the offense.  He lost all confidence in Amendola, Dobson and Thompkins.

Seattle offense did well enough to go 6-3 in games they played against top 10 defenses.  The Pats went 3-3 in games vs top 10 defenses and could hardly score vs the Broncos in the AFCCG.  Please tell me again how the Pats offense would do against the #1 defense Seattle Seahawks?

Look at all the teams locking up their top receiving weapons already. 

6-3 against top 10 defenses? The Colts were a top 10 defense?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Edelman leaves and Brady works up confidence in a new slot, like when Welker left or when Troy Brown retired. Brady and a slot WR go hand in hand, it's the outside guys that Brady has a tough time working with.

As far as Seattle is concerned, we said Seattle and New England have the exact same defenses in this scenario, right? So who is going to beat Seattle's defense on Seattle's offense? FHOF Golden Tate? I don't even know the other scrubs, I only know Golden because NE fans wanted to draft him.

See what we mean? Our offensive skilled position players aren't a problem, our defense is what we need to work on so that we can get a defense like Seattle. Part of the reason why a lot of guys were held without a catch in the AFCCG was because Conolly and Wendell were getting smacked around that Brady had to throw the ball to the inside guys quickly or risk a sack. If you were calling for Alex Mack, I'm sure the whole board would be on your side.

Brady works up confidence on who?  Edelman because he knows the offense.  He lost all confidence in Amendola, Dobson and Thompkins.

Seattle offense did well enough to go 6-3 in games they played against top 10 defenses.  The Pats went 3-3 in games vs top 10 defenses and could hardly score vs the Broncos in the AFCCG.  Please tell me again how the Pats offense would do against the #1 defense Seattle Seahawks?

Also, Brady better get his head out his bum because the three amigos aren't going anywhere until probably next season...at the earliest.

I checked and I was right, Seattle went 6-2 against top ten defenses (Colts are not), Pats went 5-2(3-2 if you don't want to count the Bills for 2 wins and the Jets factor out of the top 10). Good defenses don't equal good offense.

We couldn't score against Denver because Connolly and Wendall got killed, not because the offense wasn't good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yep!  Number 9 points allowed.  Pats were # 10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Also, Brady better get his head out his bum because the three amigos aren't going anywhere until probably next season...at the earliest.

I checked and I was right, Seattle went 6-2 against top ten defenses (Colts are not), Pats went 5-2(3-2 if you don't want to count the Bills for 2 wins and the Jets factor out of the top 10). Good defenses don't equal good offense.

We couldn't score against Denver because Connolly and Wendall got killed, not because the offense wasn't good.

Why you keep trying to find holes, you can't. 

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. 

Sorry, couldn't resist using that hilarious Mike Tyson quote.

Yes Colts # 9 on fewest points allowed, Pats beat them too so I counted them for the Pats also.

Go back and check the facts, you will see I am correct on Seahawks 6-3 top 10 defenses, Pats 3-3. OUCH! 

NEXT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Have some faith?? LMFAO!!  That's what people were telling me around this time last season about letting Welker go and bringing in Amendola.  Look how that worked out.

I'm not writing anyone off... yet.  I'm just saying Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce have a ways to go.  Not impressed enough with what I saw last year to put the offense in their hands in year two.  That is all.

So give me a few names of WR's that you think would be a good addition to the team.

James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks (depends on his market could be expensive or cheap), Brandon LaFell, Dexter McCluster, MArio Manningham and even KennyBritt or Ginn.

all of them will be relatively cheap, could bring help on the outside

any of em

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Have some faith?? LMFAO!!  That's what people were telling me around this time last season about letting Welker go and bringing in Amendola.  Look how that worked out.

I'm not writing anyone off... yet.  I'm just saying Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce have a ways to go.  Not impressed enough with what I saw last year to put the offense in their hands in year two.  That is all.

So give me a few names of WR's that you think would be a good addition to the team.

James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks (depends on his market could be expensive or cheap), Brandon LaFell, Dexter McCluster, MArio Manningham and even KennyBritt or Ginn.

any of em

This Brandon Lafell....  The Charlotte Observer believes LaFell could eventually be re-signed to a "shorter, team-friendly deal." At best, the stone-handed former third rounder is going to draw interest as a No. 3 receiver. PASS!  And I don't mean I want to see TFB pass to him.

McCluster will probably re-sign with the Chiefs.  Plus he is 5'8".  The Pats don't need more short receivers.  Need taller, more physical receivers.

Ginn will be re-signed by Carolina.  Has speed but still a shorter receiver.  36 receptions for 566 yards.  Another smaller guy, again Pats need a taller more physical receiver.

Britt?  Yes taller receiver... thinks he can still be a #1 receiver? What?  Never broke 800 yards and he considers himself a #1?  But people here say Decker isn't a #1?  You guys don't make sense around here sometimes.  If Britt thinks he can still be a #1 what type of money is this guy looking for?  He didn't play much last season.  Let someone else sign the guy.

Hakeem Nicks... Okay, now we are getting somewhere, this might work.  Would like to see a taller WR then 6'1" but he is the closest guy to put up Decker type numbers.  Possibly get him on a 1 year prove it type contract.  Only problem is he has been a bad locker room guy and has Jay Z repping him.  Might be looking for top dollar.  But I wouldn't mind this signing.

James Jones.... maybe.  I wouldn't complain but I wouldn't be jumping up and down with excitement either, especially at 29 years old. 

Sanders.. Pass.  another shorter guy.  Steelers probably wished they would have let him join the Pats last season. It's a coin flip between him and Jones if those were the only two options.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

any of em

You don't get it yet, huh? He wants Decker and Decker alone. I think he thinks Decker is D. Thomas. He thinks Decker is a deep threat that can beat press coverage and single handedly change the outcome of the game.

Like if the Broncos thought Decker was so elite they would pick a 32 year old slot WR with concussion issues over him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why you keep trying to find holes, you can't. 

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. 

Sorry, couldn't resist using that hilarious Mike Tyson quote.

Yes Colts # 9 on fewest points allowed, Pats beat them too so I counted them for the Pats also.

Go back and check the facts, you will see I am correct on Seahawks 6-3 top 10 defenses, Pats 3-3. OUCH! 

NEXT!

23.6 PPG did Seattle's offense score vs top 10 defenses, NE scored 24.3 against them.

I believe that is called Checkmate, buddy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

It depends. Are we going by scoring? Or yards? By scoring, they are 9th, by yardage, they are 20th. The Pats were a top 10 defense by scoring as well but were 26th in yardage.  Buffalo is a top 10 defense, yardage wise, as are New Orleans, Carolina and Cleveland. The Jets, Baltimore and Pittsburgh were 11, 12 and 13 by the way.

Seattle and the Pats both faced Carolina, New Orleans, Indy, Denver, Houston, Tampa Bay and Atlanta. Instead of this top 10 nonsense, why not look at those common games and how each offense fared against those teams? Both played eight games total against those teams, including playoffs.

The Pats went 6-2, averaged 403 yds of total offense and scored a total of 240 points. Seattle went 7-1, averaged 380 yds and scored 223 points.

Draw your own conclusions as to which offense was better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

any of em

You don't get it yet, huh? He wants Decker and Decker alone. I think he thinks Decker is D. Thomas. He thinks Decker is a deep threat that can beat press coverage and single handedly change the outcome of the game.

Like if the Broncos thought Decker was so elite they would pick a 32 year old slot WR with concussion issues over him.

Yes, Decker can get deep, he can beat press coverage but apparently you didn't bother reading my previous post which stated Nicks would work and I would be open to James Jones coming in.  Maybe you just want to ignore that so you you can keep the argument going. Whatever.  Bottom line, the Pats need another receiver.  A taller, more physical receiver that can get deep when needed.  One that can help spread the defense.  Now, if there are some other receivers out there besides Decker and Nicks, bring it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

It depends. Are we going by scoring? Or yards? By scoring, they are 9th, by yardage, they are 20th. The Pats were a top 10 defense by scoring as well but were 26th in yardage.  Buffalo is a top 10 defense, yardage wise, as are New Orleans, Carolina and Cleveland. The Jets, Baltimore and Pittsburgh were 11, 12 and 13 by the way.

Seattle and the Pats both faced Carolina, New Orleans, Indy, Denver, Houston, Tampa Bay and Atlanta. Instead of this top 10 nonsense, why not look at those common games and how each offense fared against those teams? Both played eight games total against those teams, including playoffs.

The Pats went 6-2, averaged 403 yds of total offense and scored a total of 240 points. Seattle went 7-1, averaged 380 yds and scored 223 points.

Draw your own conclusions as to which offense was better.

Going by points allowed, of course.

Stop the top 10 nonsense?  Why?  The Pats would have faced a top 10 defense (points allowed) in the SB had they faced the Seahawks.  The Pats were 3-3 vs top 10 defenses (points allowed).  The Seahawks would have faced a top 10 defense (points allowed) had the Pats made it to the SB.  The Seahawks were 6-3 vs top 10 defenses (points allowed).

Being a Pats fan that information doesn't make me feel very confident. 

But then either Joe or 49Patriot said I need to use the eye test more, and stop all the stats.  Okay, I will use the eye test.  The eye test tell me after watching the Seahawks defense in that SB there is no way the Pats offense had a chance in hell to win that game.  And now you want an offense with Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce, Amendola?  Yeah... that will work.  LMAO!  At least give them a fighters chance by adding a quality WR.  That's all I am saying here.  Decker would help.  If his price range is too high, fine.  Get someone else who can help.  I think we narrowed it down with Joes list that Nicks would provide some help.  Maybe even Jones. Go get someone. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Decker would be nice,our lack of height at WR hurt us last year when Gronk was out. Since Gronks health is an issue and Bradys window is almost closed paying for a big WR would be understandable or drafting one with one of our first couple of picks. Edleman plays multiple spots but there does always seem to be good slot/return guys available, I'd rather pony up big bucks for a big talented WR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

tfb12 the donkey fan still trolling?  Pretty sad.  Gomer choked big time, buddy.  So did your hero Decker.  1 catch.  6 yards.  Wow.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

tfb12 the donkey fan still trolling?  Pretty sad.  Gomer choked big time, buddy.  So did your hero Decker.  1 catch.  6 yards.  Wow.  

LMAO!  Yeah, I'm a Broncos fan.  You figured me out.  Well done.  I guess all the Patriot photoshops, the Brady avatar, the TFB12 screen name, all the comments about wanting to get better players for the Pats to help for a push to the title convinced you I'm a Broncos fan.  Are you a detictive by chance?

Yep!  Gomer chocked big time!  He isn't better then Brady, that's for sure.  But wait, I'm not supposed to feel that way if I'm a Broncos fan.  I'm confused. Haha!

Take the blinders off.  The Pats WR's were pretty bad last season, thank goodness the team still has TFB and thank goodness Edelman stepped up and was able to stay healthy all season.  Now he is possibly going to leave.  I think the Pats need to bring in a talented WR who is bigger, physical and can get down field.  You know, so the Pats can open up the field.  Dobson isn't the guy and Thompkins certainly isn't the guy.   Hey, you don't like Decker fine, he would be able to be that guy.  Cost too much?  Okay, I think I have already posted and agreed with Joe that Nicks could be that guy.  Did you not see that?  Or are you just picking and choosing what you read so you can post ridiculous comments like... "TFB12 is a Broncos fan" 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Decker would be nice,our lack of height at WR hurt us last year when Gronk was out. Since Gronks health is an issue and Bradys window is almost closed paying for a big WR would be understandable or drafting one with one of our first couple of picks. Edleman plays multiple spots but there does always seem to be good slot/return guys available, I'd rather pony up big bucks for a big talented WR.

What?  Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola and Boyce will be just fine.  We can win the SB with these guys.  Did you not watch the games last season?  You need to go back and read all the compelling arguments some of these guys are making for this awesome WR group.  It doesn't matter that they were basically invisible after the bye week. But they will be healthy vets who can get it done in year two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

What?  Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola and Boyce will be just fine.  We can win the SB with these guys.  Did you not watch the games last season?  You need to go back and read all the compelling arguments some of these guys are making for this awesome WR group.  It doesn't matter that they were basically invisible after the bye week. But they will be healthy vets who can get it done in year two.

[QUOTE]

Good sarcasm, but see you have no faith.

I show you a Dobson/Jeffery rookie year comparison and you totally disregard it. Alshon had 1400 and 10 this year but it doesnt fit your agrument that a rookie can actually make huge strides and develop a ton in year 2. 

just for the hell of it (other rookie years):

• B. Marsh 309yds 2ts,
    • R. Wayne 343yds 0Tds,
    • D. Thomas 280yds 2tds,
    • your boy Decker 100yds 1tds.
    • T.O 550yds 4tds
    • Fitz 780yds 8tds

how about their second seasons?

• Marsh: 1300yds 7tds
    • Wayne: 715yds 4tds (had Harrison hindering him)
    • Thomas: 550yds 6 tds (before PM)
    • your boy Decker: 610 yds 8 tds (before PM)
    • T.O 950yds 8tds
    • FItz 1400yds 10tds

my point? notice how all the stats double. Dobson had 520 and 4tds. double that you get 1000 and 8. pretty nice? its a good possibility but it also may not come close. but we have to keep faith in it because its what we have

Dobson has the athletecism to have a huge year given the opportunity. now I'm all for bringing in James Jones on the cheap. he is a good WR and wont break the bank either so we can focus the $ on DL,OL,S,CB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

any of em

Yes, Decker can get deep, he can beat press coverage but apparently you didn't bother reading my previous post which stated Nicks would work and I would be open to James Jones coming in.  Maybe you just want to ignore that so you you can keep the argument going. Whatever.  Bottom line, the Pats need another receiver.  A taller, more physical receiver that can get deep when needed.  One that can help spread the defense.  Now, if there are some other receivers out there besides Decker and Nicks, bring it.

First of all, the irony of a Welker fan boy calling for big WRs is not lost on me. Weren't you the one crying that the Pats should've done everything in their power to keep Wes Welker, the tiniest WR in the NFL?

Secondly, we can argue over whether Decker is a deep threat or not (Anybody can be a deep threat with Denver's OL that made Peyton the least sacked, hurried, hit or pressured QB last season), but we won't argue whether Decker can beat press coverage. Maybe against scrubs like Arrington, but against above average CBs? Hell no. Dennard can take him out, can you imagine what Talib would do to him (Secretly hoping the Jets sign him so that Talib can smack him around and have you eat your words) ? =D

As far as you calling for big WRs, James Jones and Nicks are 6'1 and both run 4.60+ 40s(We already have Thompkins 6'0 4.56). Dobson is 6'3 and runs a 4.42, 4.40, 4.44, Boyce is 5'11 and runs a 4.38, can bp 20 reps  (fast and physical).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good sarcasm, but see you have no faith.

I show you a Dobson/Jeffery rookie year comparison and you totally disregard it. Alshon had 1400 and 10 this year but it doesnt fit your agrument that a rookie can actually make huge strides and develop a ton in year 2. 

just for the hell of it (other rookie years):

B. Marsh 309yds 2ts,

R. Wayne 343yds 0Tds,

D. Thomas 280yds 2tds,

your boy Decker 100yds 1tds.

how about their second seasons?

Marsh: 1300yds 7tds

Wayne: 715yds 4tds (had Harrison hindering him)

Thomas: 550yds 6 tds (before PM)

your boy Decker: 610 yds 8 tds (before PM)

Dobson has the athletecism to have a huge year given the opportunity. now I'm all for bringing in James Jones on the cheap. he is a good WR and wont break the bank either so we can focus the $ on DL,OL,S,CB

Joe, for every good 2nd year rookie WR stat I could post many bad ones.  Where was Dobson after the bye week?  That is 9 games where he didn't do much, if anything.  Are you really comparing Dobson to Thomas, Decker, Wayne?  Those guys are in a different class and will remain in a different class.  What if Dobson goes down, like last season?  Who are you going to have replace him?  I would totally feel so much more confident in this offense if a quality, legit WR was on the team and Dobson was there along side.  Quality WR/Dobson and Thompkins/Amendola (heck, why not cross fingers for Edelman instead) and let Boyce develop.  He didn't have any time last season, he is still pretty much a rookie.  Now that is they way to go, imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, Hakeem Nicks IS NOT a deep threat. Victor Cruz is the Giants' deep threat, not Hakeem. Hakeem is a possesion WR.

Do you not know what a deep threat entails, TFB12? Speed is a must. Moss, and his 4.3 speed, was a deep threat, T.O. ,and his 4.6 speed, was a possesion WR.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Joe, for every good 2nd year rookie WR stat I could post many bad ones.  Where was Dobson after the bye week?  That is 9 games where he didn't do much, if anything.  Are you really comparing Dobson to Thomas, Decker, Wayne?  Those guys are in a different class and will remain in a different class.  What if Dobson goes down, like last season?  Who are you going to have replace him?  I would totally feel so much more confident in this offense if a quality, legit WR was on the team and Dobson was there along side.  Quality WR/Dobson and Thompkins/Amendola (heck, why not cross fingers for Edelman instead) and let Boyce develop.  He didn't have any time last season, he is still pretty much a rookie.  Now that is they way to go, imo.

no doubt you're right there are probably guys who have had crap second seasons too. but they were probably overacheivers as 5th-7th round picks.

Dobson had 4.4 speed, size and ability. There was a reason he was a 3rd round talent last year.. he has the talent.

He's way more athletic than Decker, just needs to progress more..

James Jones will be the biggest name you'll see here with BB as GM so don't get your hopes up. you said eh on Jones who led the NFL in TDs 2 seasons ago and is a great deep threat (which is what you want correct?)

Dobson, Jones, Amendola, Boyce, KT, Harrison. I will take that. add in a drafted TE and Gronk for some games and it looks alot better

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

LMAO!  Yeah, I'm a Broncos fan.  You figured me out.  Well done.  I guess all the Patriot photoshops, the Brady avatar, the TFB12 screen name, all the comments about wanting to get better players for the Pats to help for a push to the title convinced you I'm a Broncos fan.  Are you a detictive by chance?

Yep!  Gomer chocked big time!  He isn't better then Brady, that's for sure.  But wait, I'm not supposed to feel that way if I'm a Broncos fan.  I'm confused. Haha!

Take the blinders off.  The Pats WR's were pretty bad last season, thank goodness the team still has TFB and thank goodness Edelman stepped up and was able to stay healthy all season.  Now he is possibly going to leave.  I think the Pats need to bring in a talented WR who is bigger, physical and can get down field.  You know, so the Pats can open up the field.  Dobson isn't the guy and Thompkins certainly isn't the guy.   Hey, you don't like Decker fine, he would be able to be that guy.  Cost too much?  Okay, I think I have already posted and agreed with Joe that Nicks could be that guy.  Did you not see that?  Or are you just picking and choosing what you read so you can post ridiculous comments like... "TFB12 is a Broncos fan" 

Haha, clueless they are TFB12,  hang in there man.  The real folk in this house know your a true blue pats fan, don't let these turkeys get under your skin bro...

we felt the pats should have signed WELKER, and boy they could have used him once again last year.  sure, edlemans production was nice!  But no one saw that coming, not even the pats!   Moving on now, the pats still need a vet outside the numbers.  Nicks could be that guy, and I heard chatter on this board for rowdy Rooddy white which would be cool with me....let's see how things shake out.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Also, Hakeem Nicks IS NOT a deep threat. Victor Cruz is the Giants' deep threat, not Hakeem. Hakeem is a possesion WR.

Do you not know what a deep threat entails, TFB12? Speed is a must. Moss, and his 4.3 speed, was a deep threat, T.O. ,and his 4.6 speed, was a possesion WR.

+1 and Dobson runs a 4.4 Boyce has run a 4.35 reportedly. speed kills.

he likes Nicks but bitchhes about injuries to DA and everyone else when Nicks can't stay healthy to save his life either.

James Jones isnt fast but always seems to get open deep in GB's offense. If I could take a WR I would take him. 2yr 7mil for him.

I have faith in ADobson

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

First of all, the irony of a Welker fan boy calling for big WRs is not lost on me. Weren't you the one crying that the Pats should've done everything in their power to keep Wes Welker, the tiniest WR in the NFL?

Secondly, we can argue over whether Decker is a deep threat or not (Anybody can be a deep threat with Denver's OL that made Peyton the least sacked, hurried, hit or pressured QB last season), but we won't argue whether Decker can beat press coverage. Maybe against scrubs like Arrington, but against above average CBs? Hell no. Dennard can take him out, can you imagine what Talib would do to him (Secretly hoping the Jets sign him so that Talib can smack him around and have you eat your words) ? =D

As far as you calling for big WRs, James Jones and Nicks are 6'1 and both run 4.60+ 40s(We already have Thompkins 6'0 4.56). Dobson is 6'3 and runs a 4.42, 4.40, 4.44, Boyce is 5'11 and runs a 4.38, can bp 20 reps  (fast and physical).

So I can't want the shorter guys for the slot and the taller guys for the outside?  I find it funny you think that is odd.  Man, you need to go back and read what I have been writing or are you just ignoring what I write so you can disagree? I said I want a taller,  outside receiver who is physical.  Joe made a list, I responded to the list.  Out of the list if they can't get a taller WR then I would be good with Nicks.  He is at least 6'1", not the 5'10" and 5'11" that is on his list.  You keep bringing up that we have Dobson.  Again, where was Dobson after the bye week?  9 Games that he didn't do anything.  He had only 6 receptions over 20 yards.  He only had 4 td's.  Why isn't he a red zone threat?  How many passes did he drop?  What happens if he is hurt and misses games this coming season.  Who else is there?  Far too many questions with him.  I really find it hard to believe this is such an issue with a couple of you.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

They need a veteran receiver who can get deep and CATCH....any fool can run fast and put on a double move to get open for a split second...they've had far too many of those guys...it means nada if they cannot make a catch...

CATCH NTHE BALL...that's what's critical..sounds so elimentary as to be stupid...but duidn't they almost lead the league in dropped catches? I'd be completely satisfied with signing a vet receiover with SOME speed who definitely catches the ball and has scant dropped passes

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I do agree with TFB though that we should have resigned Welker. I was very upset that day.

everyone uses the arugment that Welker look old now, that's bcz PM lead his ducks into strong safeties so Welker got killed all year.

he would've been fine all year here and had a good season

• Sections
    Shortcuts