free agents and draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: free agents and draft

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the DLmen that I have listed were not cherry picked. That list is EVERY DL that BB has drafted. So when you say BB is a great drafter of DL, he has hit on 3 DL in his 11 drafts...Seymour, Warren and Vince.  Lastly, I did miss Jarvis Green, so I stand corrected

There you have it...11 draft years, 14 DL drafted, 4 good picks. You are correct, he is an expert!

[/QUOTE]

You fail to answer any of my questions nor do you comprehend the fact that most of his DL draft picks were in rounds 6 and 7.  He has a very high yield when he's drafted in the top 3 rounds (excluding Brace, who yes, rkarp, to your excitement, can be labeled as a busted draft pick of BB).

Once again, please, since you insist on critiquing his late round picks and dooming them as "misses", name me a GM that has had higher yields at drafting/signing UDFAs at the defensive lineman position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the DLmen that I have listed were not cherry picked. That list is EVERY DL that BB has drafted. So when you say BB is a great drafter of DL, he has hit on 3 DL in his 11 drafts...Seymour, Warren and Vince.  Lastly, I did miss Jarvis Green, so I stand corrected

There you have it...11 draft years, 14 DL drafted, 4 good picks. You are correct, he is an expert!

[/QUOTE]

You fail to answer any of my questions nor do you comprehend the fact that most of his DL draft picks were in rounds 6 and 7.  He has a very high yield when he's drafted in the top 3 rounds (excluding Brace, who yes, rkarp, to your excitement, can be labeled as a busted draft pick of BB).

Once again, please, since you insist on critiquing his late round picks and dooming them as "misses", name me a GM that has had higher yields at drafting/signing UDFAs at the defensive lineman position.

[/QUOTE]

are you dense? other than Vince, Warren, Seymour and Brace, BB hasnt drfated any DL in the top 3 rounds! So how do you state he has a very good track record of drafting DL?

That is what you said, correct? "BB has a very good history of drafting DL?"

Good lord, get your facts straight before you come onto these boards, or guys like Sully will eat your lunch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

are you dense? other than Vince, Warren, Seymour and Brace, BB hasnt drfated any DL in the top 3 rounds! So how do you state he has a very good track record of drafting DL?

Good lord, get your facts straight before you come onto these boards, or guys like Sully will eat your lunch

[/QUOTE]

I would say that 3 out of 4 is pretty darn good.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Next time the Pats play, try to keep an eye on Deaderick. He's been improving, I mean really improving in his last 6 games. He hasn't had any up or down games. Getting better, much better. Like him way more than Love. Him and Fork are becoming a force, in fact I count on both of them in pressure situations.

Pats need a Safety, Big time. Too small back there, I've been saying this for 2 years now they need a leader back there too, a take charge guy in the Secondary, QB just like Offense. This is one of their biggest needs.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think he's been pretty steady from the very moment he got here. He got in trouble his rookie year and was suspended for about ten minutes (it was late in the season and we had lots of defensive line injuries), and he's missed time on the ir, but honestly I think he's our second best big man. I do think we need to find another guy too - Fenene was supposed to be it - lets hope they get it right next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Priotity one this offseason is simple. Resign Talib and Vollmer, then tag Welker. Priority two is to sign Dashon Goldson. Priority three is to get Welker to make a team friendly deal (BB values him at 8 million, but I'm sure he'll be willing to go up to 10 million like he offered Moss.). If Welker doesn't want to play ball, trade him to St. Louis for a second rounder. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I like Deadrick in the rotational mix, but I think a 4th is needed, especially as Vince ages. I also think that Deadrick is on the smallish size for the position. I dont like Cunningham in that inside position, as he is very small for that position.

[/QUOTE]

Deadrick is 6'5" 310...you think that is on the smallish side?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With a week off maybe it is time to look at what the off season will bring.  Looking at the draft, the Patriots are limited in their picks.  They should get a compensation pick for law firm to go with their current picks.

Areas of need:  OL, WR, safety.

The Patriots have 3 players that need to be resigned:

Talib, Vollmer, and Welker.

Once this is complete, they should look for a free agent WR to compliment their current crop.

Suggestion: Hartline from Miami. 

They should look for a couple of OL in the draft to improve on what they currently have.

I would also look for another LB.  Their current crop is good but they lack depth.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, resign Welker, Vollmer and Talib.

I think the order of need is:

1. Interior OL (or also tackle if they do not resign Vollmer)

2. DT/NT to pair with and eventually replace Vinny

3. Cover CB (you need three)

4. WR (especially if they do not resign Welker.. in that case this goes up to #1 or 2)

5. DE

6. LB (outside if BB thinks Hightower or Mayo better on inside)

7. Brady's replacement

8. Safety

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you see the irony in your posts?  You claim that I am dense, yet you go on to state that BB has hit 3 out of 4 gems in the first 3 rounds.  You're proving my point, pal.  I would say hitting on 75% of your Dlinemen draft picks within the first 3 rounds is excellent.  

Once again, can I ask you to cite a GM that's had a better track record drafting Dlineman?  We already know that BB is among the best in evaluating talent and making the most of player's talent, but let's just stay on topic and discuss Dlineman.  So go ahead, BB Basher, find me a GM that has had a higher yield when it comes to drafting defensive linemen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't forget about Prior coming off IR next year...

[/QUOTE]

Hilarious...that guy is a waste.  He'll probably tear an ACL running onto the field in training camp...he's also known to be highly allergic to field turf.

I'd look at seeing if they can get a hold of Dashon Goldson for real this time...don't cheap out.  Team him with McCourty, T. Wilson, and maybe Steve Gregory...damn, that's depth right there.

I'm not up on who else is out there...but another corner would be good in case Talib moves on...or even if he doesn't. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you see the irony in your posts?  You claim that I am dense, yet you go on to state that BB has hit 3 out of 4 gems in the first 3 rounds.  You're proving my point, pal.  I would say hitting on 75% of your Dlinemen draft picks within the first 3 rounds is excellent.  

Once again, can I ask you to cite a GM that's had a better track record drafting Dlineman?  We already know that BB is among the best in evaluating talent and making the most of player's talent, but let's just stay on topic and discuss Dlineman.  So go ahead, BB Basher, find me a GM that has had a higher yield when it comes to drafting defensive linemen.

[/QUOTE]

there is no irony. you said that BB was an expert in drafting DL. I said does drafting 3 very good ones out of 14 selected in 11 years make him an expert? you obviously feel 3 of 14 is expert material. I dont.

it is kind of annoying that you make a statement that is incorrect, but you then belabor the point if some one calls you out on it.

regardless if any other team has drafted DL in late rounds, BB record of drafting DL is not "expert", as he has drafted 3 or 4 good ones in 11 years. that is not expert.

I would venture BB's foray into the Alberts, Ellis, Carters, Andersons, Fanenes the past couple of years is also BB's admission that he has NOT done a good job with the DL.

So in reality, both myself and BB disagree with you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there is no irony. you said that BB was an expert in drafting DL. I said does drafting 3 very good ones out of 14 selected in 11 years make him an expert? you obviously feel 3 of 14 is expert material. I dont.

it is kind of annoying that you make a statement that is incorrect, but you then belabor the point if some one calls you out on it.

regardless if any other team has drafted DL in late rounds, BB record of drafting DL is not "expert", as he has drafted 3 or 4 good ones in 11 years. that is not expert.

I would venture BB's foray into the Alberts, Ellis, Carters, Andersons, Fanenes the past couple of years is also BB's admission that he has NOT done a good job with the DL.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Check out what people are saying about your team: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB's foray into the Alberts, Ellis, Carters, Andersons, Fanenes the past couple of years is his recognition that he has one of the youngest D's in the league and, excluding Alberts, having some "veteran leadership" would be a good thing. If you can't understand taking a flyer on Alberts was going after a possible best DL in the league (if he played up to his potential) as opposed to, "wholly crap, my DL is bad" you shouldn't be commenting on BB's drafts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone huh, so if I find one person, Green, that BB drafted that you didn't list, Deadrick, that has given meaningful snaps, Jones, and been productive for this team that you didn't list than you must have missed some

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

HAHAHA!  Rkarp, the BB hater/Jets fan, getting absolutely owned by fellow Patriots fans.  Excellent job, guys.

Rkarp, you really hate contexts.  You STILL seem to disregard the fact that the majority of the 'misses' you listed were 6th and 7th rounders.  Hell, most 6th and 7th rounders don't even make the 53 man squad and yet you use this as your premise that BB isn't good at drafting dlinemen? 

As PatsEng has noted, you don't even list Jarvis Green, Deaderick, or Jones.  If you want to be taken seriously, stop leaving out facts in your original premise.  So, BB has actually hit on 4 out of 5 Dlinemen in the first 3 rounds of the draft.  Wow!  How awful is that!

And just because BB has signed former standout Dlinemen to come in here and catch lightning in a bottle in their twilight years and be mentors to the younger dlinemen, is not admitting defeat that he has struggled drafting dlinemen over the years.  Could it be that he already has the best NT in the game in Wilfork and already has a decent amount of youth depth at the position that he may want to bring in a few veterans that could possibly help the team?  You are such a whiney little girl. You literally go to great lengths to find any way to bash BB.  Seek help for your raging jealousy/hatred.

Everybody in this thread is laughing at not only your stupidity, but the fact that your green and white Jets panties are showing.  Leave this board; you are not a Patriots fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Check out what people are saying about your team: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  You can see his green and white Jets panties showing, too? 

He is so bitter and enraged with jealousy that he doesn't even comprehend his absurd statements.  Yes, bringing guys like Carter and Anderson were such awful moves! Ugh!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone huh, so if I find one person, Green, that BB drafted that you didn't list, Deadrick, that has given meaningful snaps, Jones, and been productive for this team that you didn't list than you must have missed some

[/QUOTE]

I already mentioned Green, that I missed him. Looking back on his career, it was kind of a let down. He really had 2 decent years with the Pats.

Deadrick the jury is still out with him. Same with Jones, who at the end of the day really is a rushing OLB similar to Ware.

You also seem to be changing your tune to BB being and "expert drafter of DL", to drafting DL who make the team. Simply because they make the team, doesnt make BB an expert.

I dont understand the mentality that BB walks on water on this board? The guy is a great coach. Maybe the best ever. The guy is a great talent evaluater. He can make non emotional personel decisions, manage the cap with the best (and gets internal help) and does find free agents that can play his scheme it seems on a yearly basis. But he does make mistakes. His free agent signings this year were horrible. His draft from 2006-2009 was horrible. Why is it criminal in some minds to point out that BB is human? The guy does have some misses on his record. It is ok to discuss his misses with out being a Jet fan, a troll or a BB hater.

I would love to see you explain how BB is an "expert drafter of DL". I would also love to see you defend the 06-09 draft years, and while you are at it, the 12 free agency signings. Then in your spare time, tell me how great Ocho is, and it was bRadys fault he sucked here. 

I will now sit back and wait for Sully to tell me Sanchez comments as he usually does when I pummel him to submission

So, lets agree Seymour and Vince are great. Warren is average to above average. Green was kind of disappointing. BB has had 12 draft years. What other DL give reason to label him an "expert"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I already mentioned Green, that I missed him. Looking back on his career, it was kind of a let down. He really had 2 decent years with the Pats.

Deadrick the jury is still out with him. Same with Jones, who at the end of the day really is a rushing OLB similar to Ware.

You also seem to be changing your tune to BB being and "expert drafter of DL", to drafting DL who make the team. Simply because they make the team, doesnt make BB an expert.

I dont understand the mentality that BB walks on water on this board? The guy is a great coach. Maybe the best ever. The guy is a great talent evaluater. He can make non emotional personel decisions, manage the cap with the best (and gets internal help) and does find free agents that can play his scheme it seems on a yearly basis. But he does make mistakes. His free agent signings this year were horrible. His draft from 2006-2009 was horrible. Why is it criminal in some minds to point out that BB is human? The guy does have some misses on his record. It is ok to discuss his misses with out being a Jet fan, a troll or a BB hater.

I would love to see you explain how BB is an "expert drafter of DL". I would also love to see you defend the 06-09 draft years, and while you are at it, the 12 free agency signings. Then in your spare time, tell me how great Ocho is, and it was bRadys fault he sucked here. 

I will now sit back and wait for Sully to tell me Sanchez comments as he usually does when I pummel him to submission

So, lets agree Seymour and Vince are great. Warren is average to above average. Green was kind of disappointing. BB has had 12 draft years. What other DL give reason to label him an "expert"

[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry, other GM's around the league pick out pro-bowlers in the 7th round all the time for the DL! No, BB hasn't done this but you have to take into account where a player is taken and what's expected of him. Deadrick was taken in the 7th round. Most 7th rounders don't even become JAGs let alone play significant amount of snaps during games. Jones has been a starter since day 1 and one of the more productive starters in the league this year, and the jury is still out? Green was a starter for the Pats as a 4th round pick and played for 9 years on 3 SB teams. How was that disappointing? Disappointing is Brace who can't even play a sub role, but a 4th rounder becoming a starter and giving you 5+ sacks for 2 years in a row? When you call someone an expert it means that they are consistently better at that skill then their counter parts not that they hit on every single aspect. You show me 1 GM who has hit on as many DL as BB or even one GM who has found production from a half a dozen players taken in the 4th+ rounds including UDFA and I'll agree you are right

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry, other GM's around the league pick out pro-bowlers in the 7th round all the time for the DL! No, BB hasn't done this but you have to take into account where a player is taken and what's expected of him. Deadrick was taken in the 7th round. Most 7th rounders don't even become JAGs let alone play significant amount of snaps during games. Jones has been a starter since day 1 and one of the more productive starters in the league this year, and the jury is still out? Green was a starter for the Pats as a 4th round pick and played for 9 years on 3 SB teams. How was that disappointing? Disappointing is Brace who can't even play a sub role, but a 4th rounder becoming a starter and giving you 5+ sacks for 2 years in a row? When you call someone an expert it means that they are consistently better at that skill then their counter parts not that they hit on every single aspect. You show me 1 GM who has hit on as many DL as BB or even one GM who has found production from a half a dozen players taken in the 4th+ rounds including UDFA and I'll agree you are right

[/QUOTE]

do you want me to agree with you that choosing 5 DL in 11 years that have made the team means BB is an expert? Flip the coin, and Deadrick is on the team, because everyone else that BB has brought in the past 3 years has stunk (Ellis, Albert, Brace, Pryor)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

do you want me to agree with you that choosing 5 DL in 11 years that have made the team means BB is an expert? Flip the coin, and Deadrick is on the team, because everyone else that BB has brought in the past 3 years has stunk (Ellis, Albert, Brace, Pryor)

[/QUOTE]

1) Seymour

2) Warren

3) Wilfork

4) Klecko

5) Green

6) Hill (made the team then died)

7) Deadrick (still on the team)

8) Jones (I have a strange feeling he won't be cut next season)

Even if you take away Hill since he died before we knew if he could play or not there's 7 not including the UDFA's. That's more then 5 right there. But, we could also add in the UDFA's and it would result in about 1 productive DL a year over the 11 year period. Name me another GM that finds 1 productive DL a year on average with almost half being full time starters at one point in their careers and a little under a 3rd being pro-bowlers? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He always proves the other person's point. He's too dumb to see it.

He'll then tell you that DeWayne RObertson, Muhammad Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis and Coples are better players and a higher yield of DL that the Jets have pulled than what BB has done here, too.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

thats my point dufus. BB has drafted 5 DL that have made the team. Thats not an expert. The Giants, Jets and Steelers have drafted more DL that have made the team than the Pats have.

Sections
Shortcuts