free agents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: free agents

In response to msteven's comment:

I took a look at the Patriot free agents.  The roster looks good.  Talib, Edelman and Wendell are the major contracts ending.  It would be nice to resign Talib as he has solidified the secondary but do not see wendell and edelman returning.

Julien Edelman has been the teams best receiver and somehow you think he won't be returning? I'm pretty sure BB will do his best to re-sign both guys and if Wendell doesn't want an arm and a leg he'll be back also. If I'm the Patriots I move Mankins to LT and leave him there!!! The dude was the best LT in Fresno State history! Oh by the way he makes Solder look like a RT than LT... Oh by the way Wendell played at Fresno State also !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Holy cow people seem to be very unclear about what the term "dead money" refers to.  It doesn't refer to a players salary cap charge this year.  It refers to the salary cap charge the team incurs should they cut the player because of the NFL's accouting rules usually with regards to paid out signing bonuses (i.e. you have to eat the salary cap hit for the entire signing bonus that is spread out over the life of the contract in one year).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Holy cow people seem to be very unclear about what the term "dead money" refers to.  It doesn't refer to a players salary cap charge this year.  It refers to the salary cap charge the team incurs should they cut the player because of the NFL's accouting rules usually with regards to paid out signing bonuses (i.e. you have to eat the salary cap hit for the entire signing bonus that is spread out over the life of the contract in one year).

yes, I understand that very well. I simply do not see the Pats eating this type of "dead money" by cutting these players. I could actually envision Vince, Mayo and Mankins all renegotiating for additional years, contray to what the board feels about them. I do not see that type of offer extended to Amendola or Arrington...BB made his bed with the 2 of them, he has to live with it for next year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

yes, I understand that very well. I simply do not see the Pats eating this type of "dead money" by cutting these players. I could actually envision Vince, Mayo and Mankins all renegotiating for additional years, contray to what the board feels about them. I do not see that type of offer extended to Amendola or Arrington...BB made his bed with the 2 of them, he has to live with it for next year

Not referring to your post.  Was meant for a few in response to your post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

So speaks the "inside info" expert...

NONE face getting cut, only Arrington, because he was shown the $$ out of confidence he would earn it...he has not...BB will send a message to the team through Arrington being cut, if any of them go that way...

Rusty, you have been an Arrington apologist all year...now you turn on him? (Do you need me to explain what apologist means?)  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

BB will send a message to the team through Arrington being cut, if any of them go that way...

It would cost more money on NE's salary cap to cut Arrington than keep him next season.  No way BB hurts the team's financial standing to "send a message".  Maybe if Arrington was a headcase or something, but he isn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Arrington is good in the slot coverage position. If only he could stay there all the time.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB will send a message to the team through Arrington being cut, if any of them go that way...

It would cost more money on NE's salary cap to cut Arrington than keep him next season.  No way BB hurts the team's financial standing to "send a message".  Maybe if Arrington was a headcase or something, but he isn't.

He's not EARNING his money...he's cut other guys...like  Chad Johnson..and if he doesn't, they keep them all....who will they cut if they refuse to renegotiate? Who? NONE...who can they cut JUSTFIABLY? Arrington

please stop. it is PAINFULLY obvious you know nothing about the PAts or the salary cap (just like Rusty)....you are simply making a bigger fool of yourself trying to discuss anything football. stick to the pictures...you football knowledge and commentary is embarassing for you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

He's not EARNING his money...he's cut other guys...like  Chad Johnson..and if he doesn't, they keep them all....who will they cut if they refuse to renegotiate? Who? NONE...who can they cut JUSTFIABLY? Arrington

please stop. it is PAINFULLY obvious you know nothing about the PAts or the salary cap (just like Rusty)....you are simply making a bigger fool of yourself trying to discuss anything football. stick to the pictures...you football knowledge and commentary is embarassing for you

It's obvious you've NEVER played the game..NEV ER...you've never worked for ESPN...NEVER...you are a total F-R-A-U-D...you talk about dead money as if it's the keys to the kingdom...it's a PIECE only...are you kidding me...you think they won't cut ARRINGTON? BB will cut ANYONE he deems fit to cut...he's done it before...

What you and I have is a difference of opinion on one small football issue...you immediately start calling out personal insults because you've been challanged...it's what you do when you're challenged and under prerssure...beat the wife and kids much when angry? You got caught in a lie about your wifey-poo, and now you are all coming apart at the seems...I'm NOT Rusty...but you ARE a fraud...LMAO @ U..and you are losing it...LMAO...ESPN must be doing that to you... :)

once you challenge me, I guess we will find out...are you capable?

I have never played football...but neither did you...you understanding of the game is nil. (just like Rusty)

Its funny, the only other person that constantly mentions ESPN is Rusty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Melswitt is Rusty??

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Arrington is good in the slot coverage position. If only he could stay there all the time.....

I wouldn't even say slot all the time as he's been killed by some quicker slot guys and RB's this year. He's a good money CB but not when you are paying him like a starting CB!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Mankins dead money is $8M

Mayo dead money is $10M

Amendola dead money is $7M

Arrington dead money is $5M

none of them will be cut at those numbers...none of them will renegotiate without more money and more $$$...

Amendola's dead money is 7 million?? You got to be kidding me? I thought we signed him to a "team friendly deal, that we could walk away from easily"?

Arrington's dead money is 5 million? How the hell does the "best GM ever" sign this guy to that type of deal?

And Mankin's dead money is 8 million? How? The guy signed his deal, what feels like ten years ago....he can't be that big of a hit, can he?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

get talib back for the right $

i would love to see JE11 back but i doubt it...

dont even offer wendell a contract. not a joke

also you forgot spikes who they should also re-sign for right $

Right now, the cap hell pats have 120 committed for next year.  Need a new NT, Wilfork is done. Need two new TEs, someone to play the 8 games Amendola will miss.  Yep, cap hell.  Is it back to the well named Tom Brady?

agree that we need a NT. Vw is done imo too. we can draft 2 TEs that'll be no cap. and good point on DA lol

no way is Vince done. He will be in a contract year and will come back as good as ever. Dont forget some of those big guys (Ted Washington) seem to play forever. We do need another NT to groom behind Vince and TK who will be back.

Vince to me is close to done. he will never be the same player. an achilles? on a guy his size? tha1ts tough and he's not gonna lose weight either he plays for power.... i just see his recovery as tough

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Mayo dead money is $10M

none of them will be cut at those numbers...none of them will renegotiate without more money and more $$$...

MAyo dead money how?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Mayo dead money is $10M

MAyo dead money how?

If he's cut that's what his dead money would be, since people were talking about either restructuring or cutting him. So, $10mil dead money if cut would mean the Pats have zero leverage to ask for a restructure and it would be very dumb to cut him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If the Pat's are looking at cap savings these are the likely candidates:

Connolly - 3M cap savings 1.1M dead money

Soap - 2.75M cap savings 1M dead money

GREGORY - 2.35M cap savings 833k dead money

Kelly - 2.5m Cap sabings 500k dead money

At a minimum Gregory has to go. I can see a posible re-structure for Connolly and Kelly,Soap is most likely gone.

I think another candidate for re-structure might be Ghost. I believe next year is the last year of his contract and they can extend him out for probably 3 more years

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

At a minimum Gregory has to go. I can see a posible re-structure for Connolly and Kelly,Soap is most likely gone.

I think another candidate for re-structure might be Ghost. I believe next year is the last year of his contract and they can extend him out for probably 3 more years

I agree but add Wilfork on to the list. $11.6mil cap hit only $3.6mil if cut for a savings of $8 mil. Now I don't want to cut Wilfork and rather extend him and move most of that base salary to bonus over the extension but $11.6mil is way to much. That figured will be addressed one way or another

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree but add Wilfork on to the list. $11.6mil cap hit only $3.6mil if cut for a savings of $8 mil. Now I don't want to cut Wilfork and rather extend him and move most of that base salary to bonus over the extension but $11.6mil is way to much. That figured will be addressed one way or another

Yeah, I agree with you regarding Vince as far extending him. I think he still has something left in the tank and it would be short sighted to just outright cut him. The guy has been a warrior for this team and as a fan I would hate to see him somewhere else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

but thats $3.5M saved, and the team is desperate for DT's...cutting Kelly is not a good decision...

$3.5M doesnt even sign the draft choices next year, never mind sign Talib, replace Wendell and look for DT depth and OL depth 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

but thats $3.5M saved, and the team is desperate for DT's...cutting Kelly is not a good decision...

$3.5M doesnt even sign the draft choices next year, never mind sign Talib, replace Wendell and look for DT depth and OL depth 

As I said I think they should re-structrure kelly.

If they outright cut the Kelly and the others I listed the savings is 10.5m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

yes, my brain was going faster than my fingers. I intended to state that the team is desperate for DT's, so cutting Soap and Kelly is not a good decision

Cutting Gregory and Connolly is saving only $3.5M

I could see a restructure for Kelly and Vince, keep Soap, Siliga and Vellano for camp/preseason decisions.

DE's-Nink, Jones, Armstead (if healthy), Jones

DT's-Vince, Kelly, Soap, Siliga, Day 1 draft choice, Vellano? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

yes, my brain was going faster than my fingers. I intended to state that the team is desperate for DT's, so cutting Soap and Kelly is not a good decision

I could see a restructure for Kelly and Vince, keep Soap, Siliga and Vellano for camp/preseason decisions.

I agree DT is a huge issue. I think they re-structure both Vince & Kelly and keep Siliga as you suggested but I think they walk from Soap  and keep Vellano. I agree with you 100% that day 1 draft choices have to be made on the interior of both lines.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Mayo dead money is $10M

MAyo dead money how?

If he's cut that's what his dead money would be, since people were talking about either restructuring or cutting him. So, $10mil dead money if cut would mean the Pats have zero leverage to ask for a restructure and it would be very dumb to cut him

Yeah I get that whole aspect of it. But cutting him would be rediculous. He's easily a top 5 LB and maybe even top 3 IMO. Mayo is the Q on D and can play any RB in coverage. He's a great cover LB and all pro tackler and gap hitter. He's worth the 10 Mil to me. This season shows u even more how valuable he is to us. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I agree DT is a huge issue. I think they re-structure both Vince & Kelly and keep Siliga as you suggested but I think they walk from Soap  and keep Vellano. I agree with you 100% that day 1 draft choices have to be made on the interior of both lines.

I believe the issue is that June 1st is a key date for roster/salary decisions...and Vince will not be ready by June 1st. Dont they have to keep Soap until cuts in Sept just in case? I agree to also bring Vellano to camp but not sure he is part of the rotation in season

Sections
Shortcuts