Free Brandon!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Free Brandon!!!

He is not even considered a suspect for this and an article posted by the boston globe says he was actually trying to stop this fight also the men shot are his family why would he shoot a cousin? Cut him some slack he didnt have the best backround his mom was 16 when she had him and is from a ghetto place in florida.
    Im tired of the "Patriot way of good charactor guys" that dosent exist anymore after guys like moss, dillion,hrrison and kazur(perscription drug scandle). Its the NFL not the church chior its a mans violant game. What better options do we have for him at safety ???????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Free Brandon!!!

You know, I could care less if the guy is a complete dirt bag thug (which he is) if he was performing like a first round pick (which he isn't). His mom was 16 when she had him and grew up in a low income community? That's amazing, never heard of anything like it!!

Got news for you; only 2% of this country was born rich, the other 98% had to work for everything they got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I didn't read "the opposition" yet, but it sounds less and less likely that he did anything but be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Those of you who've read me know I'm the last guy who gives an athlete the benefit of the doubt, but I think this time I'll let things run their coarse...

That being said... at some point he needs to make a decision to not be in an atmosphere that could take you where this one ended up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The people who have already made up their minds about him aren't going to change their minds about him wether he's proven completely innocent. It's easy to sit in a nice Massachusetts suburban home and cast judgement on people, but not everyone lives the life you have. Not everyone had the opportunities you had. 

To say Meriweather hasn't earned everything he's gotten in life is a disrespectful thing to say. No professional athlete, not matter how gifted, becomes a professional athlete without hard work. 

Lay off him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In the wrong place at the wrong time..just like his performance on the field.   The big bang clock says "leeeeeave"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Well, on the one hand Brandon Meriweather was doing the right thing, notwithstanding the prejudicial spin some other party's lawyer put on the incident.

On the other hand, if you're an opposing tight end, you listen to Meriweather's profuse apology for spearing a tight end in the side of the head, and this latest incident drags up all the other incidents too along with the new gunplay, and all the hype just doesn't give you supreme confidence in Mr. Meriweather's sincerity.  No, really, Meriweather was really apologetic afterwards. 

"Sweetness, I was only joking when I said that by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed. / And now I know how Joan of Arc felt / As the flames rose to her Roman nose and her hearing aid started to melt."  --Morrisey, "Bigmouth Strikes Again"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: Free Brandon!!!:
    [QUOTE]The people who have already made up their minds about him aren't going to change their minds about him wether he's proven completely innocent. It's easy to sit in a nice Massachusetts suburban home and cast judgement on people, but not everyone lives the life you have. Not everyone had the opportunities you had.  To say Meriweather hasn't earned everything he's gotten in life is a disrespectful thing to say. No professional athlete, not matter how gifted, becomes a professional athlete without hard work.  Lay off him. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    You make a lot of sense man

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I stand by my name and I want to freemeriweather! Do you think he learned to tackle some one in this fight or did he just run up to it and hit people?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Brandon is a player...

I know teams would be rubbibg there hands together if we let him go today....

some people are still (secretly) racist.... percription drug man is still here....why so quick to cut Brandon?...oh he's black...amazing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon is a player... I know teams would be rubbibg there hands together if we let him go today.... some people are still (secretly) racist.... percription drug man is still here....why so quick to cut Brandon?...oh he's black...amazing
    Posted by PatsBermuda[/QUOTE]

what does getting in trouble  has too do with his race?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]The people who have already made up their minds about him aren't going to change their minds about him wether he's proven completely innocent. It's easy to sit in a nice Massachusetts suburban home and cast judgement on people, but not everyone lives the life you have. Not everyone had the opportunities you had.  To say Meriweather hasn't earned everything he's gotten in life is a disrespectful thing to say. No professional athlete, not matter how gifted, becomes a professional athlete without hard work.  Lay off him. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Thanks 49, well said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Brandon!!! : what does getting in trouble  has too do with his race?
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

How people are so quick to jump hard on the black ball player...and the white ball player who make mistakes too gets the soft treatment...(drug man on the O-line)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I dont think race has anything too do with it,He been in trouble more then once .So think people here just want a player who doesnt bring distractions all the time.Yes people make misstakes but shouldnt repeat them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

knowone is perfect...if you want one, ask Jesus to play football

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I didnt say anything about he has too be prefect,but  one matter who it is should know better then put themselves in that position white ,black ,green or whatever race.So please dont play the  race card cause people dont like his action.As for  I,Iam not judging him till all the facts are out I just understand were people coming from in thier veiws.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The NFLPA did hand out a pamphlet on how to cut expenses in the event of a lock out. One of the suggestions was to lower your entourage. Maybe that's all he was trying to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

To be fair, I am not sure this was a "family outing", Killa. You make it sound like a picnic by the lake with fried chicken and blueberry cobbler.

It sounds like there was a party and another party, and another party.  You know, sort of bar hopping in a sense, for adults.

Normally, I don't bring a pistol to a family outing.  Not saying he did, but it wasn't a "family outing" where a volleyball net was set up and an egg toss went down.

You have to question what environment you are in as someone with something to lose. That's just the reality in 2011.  Period.

And it is unfortunate the guy can't have some beers in the offseason at a party. Agreed.

I know Meriweather comes from a tough upbrining and for the most part, he';s been a good solider here.

It's not his fault his environment back home is a little sketchy. 

It's like the Vick thing recently. Can';t stand Vick, but you can't really say it's all his fault some idiot in his vicinity pulled a gun and shot it, either.

I do think these players need to be smarter, though. Family or not.  It's up to you to be the smart one and put your foot down and move on with your life.

It's sort of like the drug addict that thinks he can go to rehab and then just act like everything will be different with his drug buddies after he gets clean. It won't be different, you'll still want to use at some point to capture that feeling of what that environment represents in your brain, so you have a choice.

Be prepared OR drop them as "friends" forever.

It'd be the same thing if you go out with friends and you're famous and have money or you host a party. Up the security and take it serioiusly.

I'd say this is an accurate assessment here from Curran:

http://www.necn.com/03/11/11/Mulling-Meriweathers-Patriots-future/landing_sports.html?blockID=438299&feedID=3352

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh, I agree. He's the scapegoat on D because he follows Rodney, doesn't speak well, is a 1st rd pick and he's delivered ZERO Super Bowls so far.

The fact that he is a top 3-5 Safety in the AFC, the last 3 years isn't good enough, apparently.

Spoiled fans want future Hall of Famers all over the field and it's just unrealistic.

He's likely peaked as a good player in this league, but I'd also like to see him with a pass rush as well.  That part cannot be ignored.

And, he's likely not responsible here:

1.  The news on this has taken a week to break.  If this was legit, it would have been known overnight.  Smells like some are trying to make money off him.

2. He has no other track record other than the self defense situation from his college days.

He seems like he gets it so I am not sold on him being responsible.

The other discussion is the idea that he's getting a raise, which is debatable on it being deserved or not, and the idea that he's playing for a new deal.

Regardless of his involvement here, it's not a good thing for him.

And, I do think, family gathering or not, if you suspect someone is no good or someone might show up who might bring someone who is a thug type, don't go or don't allow them in your house.

It's like the Sean Taylor thing.   Why is he sleeping with a machete?  He can't carry a firearm, which is bad enough, but you feel a need to sleep with a machete?

That's not only sad, but you also should leave the neighborhood/environment if that's how you have to live.

The whole point of succeeding in life is to make life better for you and your family.

Teams aren't going to invest millions of dollars in you if there are red flags, whether its' your fault or not.

It's just reality.  Have the family members over to your house for a family gathering in some upscale neighborhood far away from Apopka.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]you acknowledge the facts more so then most.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Jets fans and trolls wouldn't agree. hehe

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Jets fans and trolls wouldn't agree. hehe

ha ha I was waiting for comment on this!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]49, I totally agree with you. There's people on this board who'd hang him right now despite having no evidence. He's had a tough go of it and made something out of that mess. I say good for him and hope he stays clear of this, and his former neighborhood moving forward.   I have to admit.........with everything you said good about him I couldn't help laughing at the Chung reference.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Let's see if John Tomase Or Jackie MacMullen rear their heads again on this one...and whether "Jets" Goodell uses this as an excuse to dock the Pats another #1 draft choice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see if John Tomase Or Jackie MacMullen rear their heads again on this one...and whether "Jets" Goodell uses this as an excuse to dock the Pats another #1 draft choice. 

Even if he was stupid enough to be seriously involved I can't see how the league could possible hold the Pats responsible. If they were going to take actions against him like a suspension, I think then the Pats may move on him. I just don't think he carries the same weight as big Ben.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Sam, we're dealing with "Jets" Goodell. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Boston Herald>Breaking: Patriots S Brandon Meriweather no longer considered a suspect in shooting case

Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather has finally seen his name cleared in a shooting case that took place this past offseason.

Merweather is “not considered a suspect” in the shooting that took place in March in Florida, Jeff Williamson, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department’s public information office told The Herald. He is, however, considered a potential witness.

Williamson said the case is now being “inactivated,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

maybe he can clear his head and get back to playing ball now...great news

Im rooting for ya Brandon....listen to the coaches and make this defense great agaiin!!