Freeney has torn ligament in ankle "doubtful" for SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Freeney has torn ligament in ankle "doubtful" for SB

Well things just got a little bit easier for Brees. I wonder how that will move the spread?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankieeee. Show frankieeee's posts

Re: Freeney has torn ligament in ankle "doubtful" for SB

From ESPN....

READ FOOL

Despite the fact that Colts president Bill Polian has predicted that Freeney will play, there are serious questions about whether he will. Even if Freeney can, the question then becomes how effective he can be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Well I don't see him spinning and twirling!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

If he does play some downs he might be so weakened that he probably won't need to be doubled. He can't even participate in practice, but he'll likely suit up for the SB. If he does give it a shot once he sits down for a long offensive drive he'll know if it's going to hold up, or stiffen on him...

It would be nice though for Brees to have a few seconds more to scan the field...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The Colts have been pretty lucky when it comes to injuries.  Brees has only been sacked once in the playoffs, so I didn't think Freeney was going to be a huge factor anyway.  Still I hope he can play, he's earned it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

This is GREAT news

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Didn't the saints score 31 against the Vikes?..... Didn't Brees throw for three TD's

I guess then that just making him move around did not win the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

I attended the 4-2 game in Indy this year.  I was shocked that so many of the fans around me got so much pleasure when Brady went down last season.  One idiot even told me the first thing he prays for each Sunday at Church is for Brady to get hit so hard, he becomes paralyzed permantly.   There was no reasoning with a "good-loving church-man" (as he called himself) that that really isn't a normal thing to pray for.

And, while I would never wish ill-will towards a player, if Freeney misses the game and it ends up making the different for New Orleans win, I will be so happy to know how miserable those classless fans are by the Colts lossing the Superbowl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Shenanigan -

The colts have been pretty healthy??  Really??

try this on for size: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2010/2009-adjusted-games-lost-totals

2nd most injured team in the league this year.

Kris - 1.  I don't believe you.  2.  I love how you stoop to the level of those that you imagine are classless.  Says a lot about you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

how old are you underdousche?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

jason- this isnt a serious serious injury. just enough to keep him out of the super bowl, hopefully. this should be celebrated

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Injuries are part of the game.  I wouldn't read too much into the glee expressed by a few  fans over Brady's injuries - every team has some idiot fans.  Let's face it, NFL games don't exactly bring out an area's classiest fans (present company excluded, of course).  I for one felt sorry that Brady wasn't there.  As for Freeney - he has some freakish healing ability.  Remeber his ACL this year?  No surgery and no missed games.  I say there's a 75% chance he plays, and if he does, maybe a 50% chance he's at normal effectiveness...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

If the Colts lose this game then they're the biggest post-season choking, regular season stat machine ever.

This game is everything to Manning's legacy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

If this truly is a Grade III, it likely will be serious enough to limit Freeney and possibly keep him out of the game.  The fact is, we really don't know how serious it is.  

As to the tearing of a ligament comments, anytime you sprain an ankle you tear ligament tissue.  Reporters are using this phrase "torn ligament" to sensationalize the story.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

All of this smells suspiciously like a smokescreen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

GO SAINTS!!!! GO NFC!!!!!!! Kick Some Pony Azzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Good I hope its broken and he doesn't play..........I root for no one but the Patriots ..........PERIOD...........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I hope Nawlins wins, but as much as I dislike the dolts, I want each team to be at full strength.  I know I hated it when the entire sports bar I was in cheered for Brady going down.  I want to see who is best on an equal field.  And please dont start a rant about the refs favoring the colts after that last statement.  That would be part of my equal field too, impartial refs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

FBaron - you are setting this up aren't you?  Should you get your wish you will be on this board talking about Manning's failed legacy ad nauseum.  It's great that Brady had the Defense he had in those SB wins, because with his all world offense that has broken all of those offensive records, he's done nothing but come up short.  Proves it really was the D that got Brady those wins.  Right?

PMike - we were just discussing this in the office.  We kind of figured that it must be serious enough to allow him to be away from the probowl, because the NFL was being a bit heavy handed about the superbowl players showing up.  That said, we really don't know if it is a Grade III or not.  All I know is that with all of this hyperbaric chamber sleep that he is getting, I am a little worried that he will dress for the game (and he will dress) with a single sequined glove.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Underdoggg, if he does the moonwalk and your team plays like zombies you might know why.  But I hope he is ok.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Mordecai - Nice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Underdoggg all I'm saying is that the media (and us) will say PM will be the greatest choker of all time if he doesn't win this SB. I don't think they can lose but I have sat through my share of heartbreakers so you never know.

And yes I have to admit that I hope Indy gets pounded. Afterall they were the organization and personalities most responsible for the touch football game we now have.

That awesome defense of the Pats you mentioned would get killed in today's rules because they were tough but you're not allowed to play tough anymore. Its karma if the Colts get pounded by a more finesseful team than even them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Got to agree with Fantasy here, Dogg(g). Manning needs to win this game for the sake of his legacy. As for Dwight Freeney, my guess is that he'll play despite the ankle. But, it remains to be seen whether he can be effective: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100201/SPORTS03/2010334/1100/Freeney-s-health-becomes-an-issue.

Why do you continue to make excuses for Peyton? The Indy defense didn't lose those playoff games to the Patriots...their all-world offense did...managing just 14 points in 2003, and 3 points in 2004. Peyton didn't play well in those games. Nor did he play well in playoff losses to the Steelers in 2005, or to the Chargers in 2007 and 2008.

That said, he's having the best season of his career this year...and has been brilliant in the play-offs thus far. If Peyton continues his great play on Sunday, Indy will beat the Saints easily, with or without Freeney.     

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g): You stated:

"If this truly is a Grade III, it likely will be serious enough to limit Freeney and possibly keep him out of the game.  The fact is, we really don't know how serious it is.  

As to the tearing of a ligament comments, anytime you sprain an ankle you tear ligament tissue.  Reporters are using this phrase "torn ligament" to sensationalize the story."

My guess is that the Colts do know how serious the injury is. Here's an interesting article the matter: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/31/mmqb/index.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

When you beat a team that plays 100% of their straters or close to it, it is always a more rewarding victory than beating an injury riddled team. Neither SB team has any excuses. They`ve had plenty of time to prepare. Heck I bet Sorgi is spending time under center in practice with 1st string unit. Great teams don`t make excuses for losses, they s--k it up and comeback next week or next year.

Sections
Shortcuts