Freeney now in town for a visit

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Freeney now in town for a visit

My only problem with Abraham is he has a penchant for getting dinged up and missing playoff games.  Other than that if he really is coming here he still brings a lot to the table as a pass rusher.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Don't need both he and Abraham. Would like to see Francis still get some snaps and a chance to improve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

My only problem with Abraham is he has a penchant for getting dinged up and missing playoff games.  Other than that if he really is coming here he still brings a lot to the table as a pass rusher.

he missed 2 games in last 7 seasons. Abraham is Andre Carter all over again. We need him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

he missed 2 games in last 7 seasons. Abraham is Andre Carter all over again. We need him!

Ha.  I hope not.  Carter missed the playoffs!

Seriously though I think Abraham would be a great add.  If we don't expect him to be a 3 down 90% of the snaps kind of guy like the Falcons did (because they had no choice) I think it will do wonders for his durability.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Also it's good to see you back posting TC.

*Edit 2000 posts.  Oh boy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Just think what Freeny, Abraham and Wilson would do for this defense........assume they sign them all and re-sign Talib, you can't just look at what they would offer individually but what they would open up for C-Jones and Spikes not to mention the impact that would have on Talib and Dennard......they would be that much better with opposing QB's having 1-2 seconds less to throw.

The Pats put all their money in the offense the last few years and I bet if you could ever have a beer with BB he'd tell you that was a mistake. Look for the Pats to go heavy on D and with the run and power up from last year 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:

Just think what Freeny, Abraham and Wilson would do for this defense........assume they sign them all and re-sign Talib, you can't just look at what they would offer individually but what they would open up for C-Jones and Spikes not to mention the impact that would have on Talib and Dennard......they would be that much better with opposing QB's having 1-2 seconds less to throw.

The Pats put all their money in the offense the last few years and I bet if you could ever have a beer with BB he'd tell you that was a mistake. Look for the Pats to go heavy on D and with the run and power up from last year 

Agreed Sam!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Ha.  I hope not.  Carter missed the playoffs!

Seriously though I think Abraham would be a great add.  If we don't expect him to be a 3 down 90% of the snaps kind of guy like the Falcons did (because they had no choice) I think it will do wonders for his durability.

Touche!!

Yeah I mean in terms of style of play. Carter was a big tough aging vet who still had plenty in the tank and kept himself in great shape. Long strong guys who come off the edge with power and technique. Force fumbles and swat down balls. Looks like Ab doesn't get dinged up as much as Carter, and I agree we won't have to over use him like ATL did. They were terrible at rushing the passer and every team knew you only had to pay attention to AB, and he still had 10 sacks, 6 FF's and 6 batted balls! Love this move if its true!

And thanks it's good to be back. I didn't take the raven beatdown very well. It just didn't make sense! Had to take a break.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Same here TC, I've been on a sports radio/BDC vacation.........I was sick to my stomach listening to weak excuses from radio maggots

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

They just signed Abraham who actually has been more productive in his later years than Freeney.

King, imo, most unfortunate!  Abe is 35 with not much tresd or quicks left in those wheels.  Hope you are wrong and Pats pass on this one.

They have?

Yeah.

Abraham said it's a done deal.  Will probably announced today.