Freeney Price Reduction

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Freeney Price Reduction

I'd take him, I'm not going to pass up a pass-rusher no matter the cost/ego.

Freeney = Welcomed addition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Freeney Price Reduction

Yeah - $8M was a serious pipe dream, and I believe $4M is too. He is at most a 2 year rental, situational guy with at this point limited skills. Play him and you are taking reps away form a developmental young guy with a lot more long term potential. And at $4M you are cutting quality from another full time position or rotational/back up players. Only makes sense for a team that sees him as the missing link for a deep playoff run. So look at the 'power rankings' - of the top 12 teams, probably the only two that would need him are Atlanta and NE and Atlanta already cut their own aging pass rusher in Abraham. NE - I'd rather give Collins and the other yound ends those reps (at that asking price.)

I can see NE signing an Abraham or Freeney rental only on the sort of deal they used for Carter and Anderson a few years ago. $1.5M +/- . Then you can use him or not depending on actual production in limited situations. At $3-4M you are saying this is our guy.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts