Fresh perspective on Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Fresh perspective on Brady

In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady:
    [QUOTE]The thing that strikes me most about these posts is how deeply those compared to Brady are scrutinized while the same magnifying glass appears conspicuously absent when the time comes to look at Brady. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Depends on how the magnifying glass is being pointed.  No different than the one pointed at Manning, all the credit goes to the QB when the team does well and all the blame is on the QB when the team does not.  For all that Manning has done, do Colt fans blame Manning as much as we are seeing Pats fans here blame Brady for going 3 - 2 in Super Bowls?  We have a lot of entitled fans here and they are of the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Joe16...   where did you crawl out of?  Seems this stuff has struck a nerve somewhere in you!!  A 49er fan, perhaps?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]The thing that strikes me most about these posts is how deeply those compared to Brady are scrutinized while the same magnifying glass appears conspicuously absent when the time comes to look at Brady. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I understand your general leaning here, but would you care to make a specific comment or point that clarifies your perspective?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : He was clutch if you define clutch as getting a stupid safety, throwing a stupid INT, missing a wide open Welker and failing to get a first down that would have allowed the clock to be run down and force the Giants to use their last time out. You may now shift the blame to the defense like you always do.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Brady is an outstanding QB. Best ever, not so sure I would go that far. He had another oustanding season for sure. But I agree with you glenr. He did not come through for a second time against the same team in a SB. And I can't believe anyone is blaming Welker for that crappy throw. If Welker snaggs that ball, everyone would be saying what an incredible catch. Maybe even putting it as one of the best ever in a SB. But since he did not catch that poorly thrown ball (to which he was wide open) by Brady they are now blaming him. Crazy. Brady got Eli-ed. Simple. He made mistakes and the Giants compitalized once again.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

just an opinion. After watching the replay over and over, I thought if TB had made the over the shoulder throw to Wes, that the safety was in perfect position to intercept. Therfore, I simply assumed that TB made the back shoulder throw, which Wes catches 999 times out of 1000 thrown. After seeing the replays, TB actually made the perfect throw. Wes got BOTH hands on the ball and wasn't touched. Perfect throw given the safety position. Dropped ball in my opinion

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

As for the latest loss, I'd say the entire team made enough mistakes/missed plays to lose the game. Had Brady made two more good plays and two less bad they win. Same with the defense. If they'd picked up one of those fumbles (or got the extra guy off on the other) it's a victory. One good kick return, a few 3 and outs for the Giants. Sometimes you can overcome the mistakes and missed plays. But it's harder in the big game. The Giants did make the plays at the end...end of story. I don't blame any one player, though there were a couple who were in position to make a big play and didn't. As far as Brady being the greatest of all time? I'd say that's in doubt now. Certainly Montana is the best QB ever in Super Bowls. His first two were helped by some very good defenses. Solomon and Taylor were good WRs, and clutch. He had Rice for the last two, but also had much better defenses than NE has had since 2005. But I do concede "Joe Cool" was money on the big stage. Though in his first SB the Bengals actually outgained the 49ers, but the SF defense forced 5 TOs. Just like Brady he had a little help. IMO Tom will need to win another ring...and have a very good game as well...to be able to be considered as good or better than Montana. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : Brady is an outstanding QB. Best ever, not so sure I would go that far. He had another oustanding season for sure. But I agree with you glenr. He did not come through for a second time against the same team in a SB. And I can't believe anyone is blaming Welker for that crappy throw. If Welker snaggs that ball, everyone would be saying what an incredible catch. Maybe even putting it as one of the best ever in a SB. But since he did not catch that poorly thrown ball (to which he was wide open) by Brady they are now blaming him. Crazy. Brady got Eli-ed. Simple. He made mistakes and the Giants compitalized once again.  
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you miss what is as plain as the nose on your face.

Brady drove for the go ahead points in 2008 only to see the D fold for the loss in the end and Brady delivered a catchable ball to Welker only to see him drop that and the D again fold in the endgame. Put your head on straight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]just an opinion. After watching the replay over and over, I thought if TB had made the over the shoulder throw to Wes, that the safety was in perfect position to intercept. Therfore, I simply assumed that TB made the back shoulder throw, which Wes catches 999 times out of 1000 thrown. After seeing the replays, TB actually made the perfect throw. Wes got BOTH hands on the ball and wasn't touched. Perfect throw given the safety position. Dropped ball in my opinion
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

This isn't your dammed opinion. It's a damned fact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]As for the latest loss, I'd say the entire team made enough mistakes/missed plays to lose the game. Had Brady made two more good plays and two less bad they win. Same with the defense. If they'd picked up one of those fumbles (or got the extra guy off on the other) it's a victory. One good kick return, a few 3 and outs for the Giants. Sometimes you can overcome the mistakes and missed plays. But it's harder in the big game. The Giants did make the plays at the end...end of story. I don't blame any one player, though there were a couple who were in position to make a big play and didn't. As far as Brady being the greatest of all time? I'd say that's in doubt now. Certainly Montana is the best QB ever in Super Bowls. His first two were helped by some very good defenses. Solomon and Taylor were good WRs, and clutch. He had Rice for the last two, but also had much better defenses than NE has had since 2005. But I do concede "Joe Cool" was money on the big stage. Though in his first SB the Bengals actually outgained the 49ers, but the SF defense forced 5 TOs. Just like Brady he had a little help. IMO Tom will need to win another ring...and have a very good game as well...to be able to be considered as good or better than Montana. 
    Posted by Bubthegrub12[/QUOTE]

It's nice to reminice through the events of a close loss and note where things could have gone better.

But the bottom line is the D FAILed to get the winning stop. Again.

Virtually three SBs have fallen to that plight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

[QUOTE] You're command of the language must be a challenge. You're an idiot.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

troll fail

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I agree with everything the OP posted.

I hope BB gets him some new vertical speed demons that can catch and out body CB's next year.

Our offense also needs to execute better in clutch situations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

why is it that most peeps forget it was a team loss. Poor offensive game plan, defense could NOT get off the field, QB that made some errors, Receivers who could not catch the ball, team failed to recover 2 forced fumbles bad offensive play calling.

TEAM loss. Plus, noone still wants to admit that the Giants did enough to take the Patriots' strengths away, and enhance their own strengths.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]why is it that most peeps forget it was a team loss. Poor offensive game plan, defense could NOT get off the field, QB that made some errors, Receivers who could not catch the ball, team failed to recover 2 forced fumbles bad offensive play calling. TEAM loss. Plus, noone still wants to admit that the Giants did enough to take the Patriots' strengths away, and enhance their own strengths.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

I'll admit the Giants did enough to win a squeaker with Brady's best weapon hobbled.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joe16. Show Joe16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : Enlighten me genius. Exactly who were the "HOF players on your D" that you are referring to?

Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, Bruschi and of course Belichick will all receive serious consideration. 

You cannot complain that your QB had "nothing" when he goes to the SB after throwing 0 tds and 2 ints, or has a team such as the 2000 Pats that won the SB primarily with defense and coaching.  They also had Cory Dillion, a top 5 back in his day, for several years.  He had plenty.

You guys always bring this crap up about Montana's "weapons" and his "system".  Montana was the system.  What were his "weapons" other than Rice?? Name them.  He had John Taylor, a good YAC receiver and big play threat, but not even a consistent pro-bowl talent.

Russ Francis? Mike Sherrard? Tom Rathman? Wendel Tyler?  Mike Schuman? Dwight Clark?  Where are the bigtime weapons and magical system that carried Montana and were so superior to what Brady has?

Personally, I think Troy Brown carried the load just fine in comparison to John Taylor, and much more reliable.  I think Wes Welker is better than any slot guy the 49ers ever had.

Just be thankful you have Brady and enjoy him and quit discrediting other greats in the process.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : Unfortunately you miss what is as plain as the nose on your face. Brady drove for the go ahead points in 2008 only to see the D fold for the loss in the end and Brady delivered a catchable ball to Welker only to see him drop that and the D again fold in the endgame. Put your head on straight.

You are living blind babe. The pass to Welker was poorly thrown. The D was what kept them in the game. Both times actually. The Pats held them to 10 points in 08 until that final drive. The Pats put up 14 points. Explain that in 08. And what did Brady put up once again this SB: 7 points to start the half. Then zippo. So, if Brady is to receive credit for all the victories then he equally deserves blame for the losses.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : You are living blind babe. The pass to Welker was poorly thrown. The D was what kept them in the game. Both times actually. The Pats held them to 10 points in 08 until that final drive. The Pats put up 14 points. Explain that in 08. And what did Brady put up once again this SB: 7 points to start the half. Then zippo. So, if Brady is to receive credit for all the victories then he equally deserves blame for the losses.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I've got to explain it for you? In 2008 the O-line was owned. This year the receivers dropped 8 balls.

The pass to Welker was thrown well enough to win the game. As Welker himself says.

Combine that, Brady getting the shoulder slammed and Gronk being kaput, yet Brady still leads them to 3 points more than the Giants allowed on average in these playoffs.

Meanwhile the D can't get one stinking turnover, even though NFL teams average 1.5 a game.

You are the blind man.

2007, 2008 and 2012 playoff exits ALL featured D FAILs in the endgame to lose it. Wrap your brain around that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The thing that strikes me most about these posts"....(UD6)

the thing that strikes me most is that Peyton Manning's hat is never tossed in the ring as an alternative greatest of all time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

must say I'm baffled by the "blame the O" versus "blame the D" peeps when the clear reality is that both sides had some serious issues in both Super Bowl losses. Both were truly team losses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]" The thing that strikes me most about these posts"....(UD6) the thing that strikes me most is that Peyton Manning's hat is never tossed in the ring as an alternative greatest of all time
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Every year it has been until this year.  Know why?  He didn't play.  Yet, he did garner discussion as MVP even without playing. 

Manning had the unfortunate circumstance to be down in the most prolific passer year in history.  You don't think he would have been up there with Brady, Brees, Rodgers if he had been healthy? 

This was an unprecedented year in that teams that had solid returning offenses with Elite QB's were going to be able to carve up defenses (and it happened) due to the shortened offseason. 

Its clear that D's need the offseason work more than established O's.  Brady's good fortune is that with the absence of Manning, and the injuries to Pittsburgh, and Houston, he really only had one team to contend with this year in the AFC, Baltimore.  He made the most of it, but as evidenced in the SB, could not carry the team to a win. 

As I said throughout the season, Brady needed to be nearly perfect to win it all as the defense is not what it was during his super bowl winning years or even 2007 for that matter.  For the past few years he's been thrust into Manning's career role and he's come up short. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : I've got to explain it for you? In 2008 the O-line was owned. This year the receivers dropped 8 balls. The pass to Welker was thrown well enough to win the game. As Welker himself says. Combine that, Brady getting the shoulder slammed and Gronk being kaput, yet Brady still leads them to 3 points more than the Giants allowed on average in these playoffs. Meanwhile the D can't get one stinking turnover, even though NFL teams average 1.5 a game. You are the blind man. 2007, 2008 and 2012 playoff exits ALL featured D FAILs in the endgame to lose it. Wrap your brain around that.
    Babe - the facts are that Brady needs to be nearly perfect in these games these days.  He's now forced to play Manning's game.  When he's not nearly perfect, and in that SB he was not, the pats lose. 

I don't care if he had the team up near the end of the game, etc.  Had it not been for the safety and the INT on first down, the pats may have won that game. 

Not unlike Manning's pick 6 - the colts were down at that time - Brady shoulders much of the blame.  Its his team, and he knows hes got more responsibility for its success than he ever had earlier in his career. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fresh perspective on Brady : I've got to explain it for you? In 2008 the O-line was owned. This year the receivers dropped 8 balls. The pass to Welker was thrown well enough to win the game. As Welker himself says. Combine that, Brady getting the shoulder slammed and Gronk being kaput, yet Brady still leads them to 3 points more than the Giants allowed on average in these playoffs. Meanwhile the D can't get one stinking turnover, even though NFL teams average 1.5 a game. You are the blind man. 2007, 2008 and 2012 playoff exits ALL featured D FAILs in the endgame to lose it. Wrap your brain around that.

Whatever Babe. You view it with blinders on. I get it. You are a Brady lover. Fine. But he failed when it mattered most. I laugh at your Welker comment. What did you expect him to say, it was a shitty throw by Tom. The D got some fumbles but just failed to recover. That is life. You keep making excuses for Tom and if that is how you wish to see it so be it. So, I guess the D are to blame for Tom starting out the game with a safety. A SAFETY. Then he underthrows a deep pass on 1st and 10 to a hobbled GRONK who was covered. A costly pic. And he missed Welker who was wide open. But hey, those are all the fault of the Pats D for sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is the best QB that ever played the game. He is also the best clutch QB that ever played the game. That about sums it up.

I agree that Tom is in the discussion of top QBs that have played in the NFL, but I think at this point he cannot catch Montana for the best ever. Montana is 4-0 in the Super Bowl with a QB rating of 127.8. His career playoff QB rating is not only better than his career regular season rating, but he actually gets better with each round of the playoffs. That is the greatest clutch QB that ever played.

Just for the record, Tom's career postseason rating is lower than his regular season (87.8 vs 96.4).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is the best QB that ever played the game. He is also the best clutch QB that ever played the game. That about sums it up.
    Looking back in NFL history and all that I presently read. Montana/Montana. Sorry Babe. We tend to remember things or events most recent. Can't wait to hear an anti-Brady protracted rant coming your way real soon. Hit ignore. It's better that way. We cannot all be sages or omnipotents on football related issues. I'm not inferring you Babe.

Sections
Shortcuts