Friday Night Football!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Friday Night Football!

CFL regular season underway.  My Argos open with an 83 yd drive on six plays for a TD.  Nice distraction from the Hernandez story. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Friday Night Football!

Good opening weekend for the CFL regular season.  My Argos won their game. It was a crazy, high-scoring affair (39-34) that I thought Hamilton would win, but the Argos pulled it out in the end.  In fact all the games were very high scoring with Montreal beating Winnipeg 38-33, Calgary beating Vancouver 44-32, and Saskatchewan beating Edmonton  39-18.  For someone like me who is a huge fan of defensive football, the CFL's wide open style can be off putting, but the games are truly fun to watch and it's nice to see football games that count this time of year. 

I do think the Argos will miss Armond Armstead . . . he was a force on the D line and they missed him Friday I thought.  Can't wait to see what he does in New England, though.  

CFL football is the perfect diversion until the NFL season starts . . . love that it starts in June. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Agreed, it's a nice diversion. I'm also a fan of defensive football and so would echo your comments in that regard. I prefer the more chess match like game of the NFL.

The Argos look good. I was at the Bomber home opener and was mostly pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting much from the home team. They look like they can be competitive at most positions but QB remains a big problem.

It'll be very interesting to see how Armstead does in Pats camp and to a lesser degree Vega.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

Agreed, it's a nice diversion. I'm also a fan of defensive football and so would echo your comments in that regard. I prefer the more chess match like game of the NFL.

The Argos look good. I was at the Bomber home opener and was mostly pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting much from the home team. They look like they can be competitive at most positions but QB remains a big problem.

It'll be very interesting to see how Armstead does in Pats camp and to a lesser degree Vega.

How was the new stadium?  Kind of nice to see CFL football expanding with several new stadiums already here or coming soon and with a new team coming next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

The new stadium is quite nice and a huge upgrade over the old one. There's a few issues but it would really just be nitpicking.

The big challenge has been managing traffic flow. They built it on the U of M campus, which is a nice area but there's only two traffic arteries in and out of the campus.

Overall though it's a much improved atmosphere for watching football.

Now, if the team on the field could actually win some games....