Friday the 13th Curse For Indy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Friday the 13th Curse For Indy?

On Friday the 13th, Colts' columnist Bob Kravitz chose to write an article about what a disaster the Colts would be, if Peyton Manning ever suffered a serious injury: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100813/SPORTS15/8130333/1100/SPORTS03/If-Manning-falls-season-is-in-Painter-s-hands

After watching Colts' back-up, Curtis Painter, perform last season, and today (in an exhibition game against the 49ers), it's hard to argue with Kravitz. The Colts were rolling along with their "blitzkrieg" offense, with Rommel...err...Manning, at the controls, and their swift, great pass defense in high gear...grabbing a quick 10-0 lead. But...once Painter replaced Peyton, he immediately threw a pick-6, and the Colts have not scored since...as the 49ers have scored 20 unanswered points: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300815011 

Painter could make the Indy fans long for a return of Jim Sorgi: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100815/SPORTS03/8150375/1100/   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy?

In Response to Friday the 13th Curse For Indy?:
    [QUOTE]     On Friday the 13th, Colts' columnist Bob Kravitz chose to write an article about what a disaster the Colts would be, if Peyton Manning ever suffered a serious injury: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100813/SPORTS15/8130333/1100/SPORTS03/If-Manning-falls-season-is-in-Painter-s-hands      After watching Colts' back=up, Curtis Painter, perform last season, and today (in an exhibition game against the 49ers), it's hard to argue with Kravitz. The Colts were rolling along with their "blitzkreig" offense, with Rommel...err...Manning, at the controls, and their swift, great pass defense in high gear...grabbing a quick 10-0 lead. But...once Painter replaced Peyton, he immediately threw a pick-6, and the Colts have not scored since...as the 49ers have scored 20 unanswered points: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300815011        Painter could make the Indy fans long for a return of Jim Sorgi: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100815/SPORTS03/8150375/1100/    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I watched the first half on the internet myself and couldn't agree more. The Colts are  good enough to win with a decent backup but not Painter. They must Figure Manning doesn't get sacked often and doesn't miss games so they don't need to worry about plan "B".  San Fran was pretty Pathetic too fumbling the first play from scrimmage and handing Indy the Ball on the 20. 1st string VS 1st string this was no Contest. I'm sure this will put Dogg in a better mood until the Pats win again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

O.K., again, Manning is due a serious injury.  Brady was also, but now we got that out of the way...........  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy?:
    [QUOTE]O.K., again, Manning is due a serious injury.  Brady was also, but now we got that out of the way...........  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

Why? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Troy.. why did you even broach the subject of a Manning injury??!! And, we slam troll posters for even hinting they'd like to see Brady hurt.  Bad post no matter how you may not have meant it.  If you didn't mean it, don't post it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]O.K., again, Manning is due a serious injury.  Brady was also, but now we got that out of the way...........  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

Actually, there are very few QBs who get serious injuries like Brady did.  Rodgers from Green Bay has been a tackling dummy since he's started and he as of yet has got hurt to where he can't play.  You can pretty much go down the line of QBs and few if any have had happen to them what Brady had.  Serious injuries are not the norm for a QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think he is talking about the odds of playing so long without a serious injury. I would hope no one is rooting for someone to get hurt.

Yeah, this is a good point. Sorgi knew how to run that offense, and run it very well. Painter looks lost, like the WR's are making better reads than he can. Which is likely why he takes his time and throws a lot of picks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy? : Why? 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Dog, as much as you get on my nerves I will say that was a bad post from a Pats fan. I don't think he wanted Manning to get hurt but was stating he might. Either way we should not wish or talk like that for any player. I want the Pats to beat the Colts with their best players in the game.

Go Pats!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

1st off, friday the 13th is just a stupid excuse for anything, i have had many a bad day but never on the dreaded friday the 13th.

Secondly, Matt Cassel was the worst preseason QB  i ever saw and he won 11 games in 2008, not saying Painter could but don't rule it out, stranger things have happened.

That being said, i would not mind seeing what Painter would do as a starter LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Raptor = I believe that TB was wishing an injury for Manning, but I can't be sure which is why I only asked him why he thought that. 

Regardless, even if Z is right, TB's comments suggest a hope for that result, which makes him a hypocrite.  He criticizes me "inciteful comments" but does the same himself. 

I am sure his response will be, but this is a patriots board.  The difference is that I never wished injury on anyone.  Or maybe I'll get the "but I said Brady was too", so I would say that about any football player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Raptor = I believe that TB was wishing an injury for Manning, but I can't be sure which is why I only asked him why he thought that.  Regardless, even if Z is right, TB's comments suggest a hope for that result, which makes him a hypocrite.  He criticizes me "inciteful comments" but does the same himself.  I am sure his response will be, but this is a patriots board.  The difference is that I never wished injury on anyone.  Or maybe I'll get the "but I said Brady was too", so I would say that about any football player.

Why don't you allow TB to explain EXACTLY what he meant by his comment?! But I guess judging from your post, it won't matter. You have already posted some responses he MIGHT make. By the way, if Z is RIGHT, then in no way does TB's comment suggest he is hoping for any injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

My favorite part of watching the Colts pre-season game today on the NFL network was when the Indy announcer proclaimed that the 49ers were the dynasty of the 1980's - early 1990s, and the Colts were the Dynasty of the 2000's.

I turned to my Colts fan fiance and asked: "how can a team win one championship and be considered a dynasty?"

I have no ill will towards Peyton - he's incredible.  I'm just glad that this year he has to play the Pats outdoors. Smile 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Rick - I asked why without any other comment.  Others have made some points and TB has yet to respond.  Regardless - saying someone is "due" suggests a certain tone that is significantly different than saying one is "surprised Manning has yet to have an injury". 

If the writer is not going to be clear, the reader can only interpret.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Friday the 13th Curse For Indy?:
    [QUOTE]     On Friday the 13th, Colts' columnist Bob Kravitz chose to write an article about what a disaster the Colts would be, if Peyton Manning ever suffered a serious injury 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

the colts woiuld pretty much suk without him and would probably be a 7-9 team. they don't have a QB that can come in and learn manning's personal system of offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, the Colts are in serious trouble if Manning goes down.  With that said, most teams are in serious trouble if their starting QB goes down.

Manning seems to stay away from those type of serious game missing injuries so Colts fans should feel pretty good about that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Raptor = I believe that TB was wishing an injury for Manning, but I can't be sure which is why I only asked him why he thought that.  Regardless, even if Z is right, TB's comments suggest a hope for that result, which makes him a hypocrite.  He criticizes me "inciteful comments" but does the same himself.  I am sure his response will be, but this is a patriots board.  The difference is that I never wished injury on anyone.  Or maybe I'll get the "but I said Brady was too", so I would say that about any football player.

It doesn't suggest that at all. The thread is about the "curse" sort of referencing the SI jinx etcetera. I read it as him stating that it isn't really a jinx. I thought the same thing when Brady made the SI cover ... he hasn't ever had a serious injury, so the jinx factor is sort of lame. IT's a rough and tumble sport out there. But only TB knows what he was thinking. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy? : It doesn't suggest that at all. The thread is about the "curse" sort of referencing the SI jinx etcetera. I read it as him stating that it isn't really a jinx. I thought the same thing when Brady made the SI cover ... he hasn't ever had a serious injury, so the jinx factor is sort of lame. IT's a rough and tumble sport out there. But only TB knows what he was thinking. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

One does have to wonder about the timing of this Kravitz article. Of all days to do it, why do it on Friday the 13th? I don't think that was just a coincidence. It likely was an intentional attempt by Kravitz to, tongue in cheek, underscore that it was Friday the 13th...and do a story on the worst bad luck scenario that could imagine to befall the Colts.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is it a curse to sign a crappy backup.  By the way it was obvious was TB meant.  The guy has played like 12 years without missing a game.  Sure, Favre has a longer streak but he was all beat up half the time.  Manning has been incredibly lucky to maintain that streak with his only fairly minor injury needing surgery waiting until the offseason.  If you feel it gives you some moral superiority to jump on me about this than go ahead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy? : It doesn't suggest that at all. The thread is about the "curse" sort of referencing the SI jinx etcetera. I read it as him stating that it isn't really a jinx. I thought the same thing when Brady made the SI cover ... he hasn't ever had a serious injury, so the jinx factor is sort of lame. IT's a rough and tumble sport out there. But only TB knows what he was thinking. 

I guess we have a difference of opinion.  Not sure about your definitive stance saying I am wrong. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Oh God, people saying the Colts would be a 7-9 team are just giving UD ammunition for the next time he starts a Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady forum. 

Cassel was so incredible bad in the pre-season games he played in, but he managed to win 11 games. Peyton will never get hurt. He gets rid of the ball quickly and when he senses pressure coming his way he falls on the floor like the vag that he is. Can anyone imagine Peyton in SB42? He would've cried all night long. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

49pat - I won't start the manning brady discussion, but I did make a comment a couple of days ago after your game.  I'd like yours and anyone else's thoughts.

I saw a couple of series with Brady.  He seems fearless and calm and cool.  But it seemed to me like he held the football a bit too long waiting for his receivers to get open.  Did you see that or am I just being a colts fan?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy? : I guess we have a difference of opinion.  Not sure about your definitive stance saying I am wrong. 

I don't know what is definitive about terms like "I read it as" and "Only TB knows what he was saying." Both of those suggest it is open to interpretation, and that I am  giving mine.

Not sure about you suggesting I am being definitive. ;-) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]49pat - I won't start the manning brady discussion, but I did make a comment a couple of days ago after your game.  I'd like yours and anyone else's thoughts. I saw a couple of series with Brady.  He seems fearless and calm and cool.  But it seemed to me like he held the football a bit too long waiting for his receivers to get open.  Did you see that or am I just being a colts fan?

I didn't notice Brady hanging out in the Pocket. When I watch him or I watch Manning they seem to have the same Manorisms as far as being cool. On plays that are designed to go down field Brady has always taken his time and went through his reads. That's good as he didn't have the time last year and could be part of the reason that every other throw went to Welker. The Offensive line looked pretty good the other night and provided him with decent protection. It's going to interesting to see the Jets game because of their defense this year and the Colts game will most likely be a shootout.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

proof is in the pudding. i know its preseason, but, manning sits out after getting 10 point lead on 49ers, and niners come back and put the smack down on colts

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010081551/2010/PRE1/49ers@colts#recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday the 13th Curse For Indy? : I don't know what is definitive about terms like  "I read it as" and "Only TB knows what he was saying." Both of those suggest it is open to interpretation, and that I am  giving mine. Not sure about you suggesting I am being definitive. ;-) 

It was the first line: 

It doesn't suggest that at all.

Sections
Shortcuts