From the who cares file... Patrick Pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

From the who cares file... Patrick Pass

It's officially the off season and we can all post garbage time threads to fill the void. Pass is to retire, I have to ask "did he ever play"?  And isn't the punk that fumbled the ball grabbing for his hamstring?

Former Patriots FB Patrick Pass says he plans to officially file his retirement papers

Pass APFormer Patriots fullback Patrick Pass, who most recently signed with and was released by the Patriots in June of 2009, has decided to call it a career. The do-everything player last participated in one game for the Giants in 2007.

That’s what I learned when I dropped by the Athletic Republic in Norwood, site of Football Clinic with Patrick Pass. That begins today and runs through Thursday.

Basically, my career is going to be over,” Pass, 32, told me, as he prepared for the session. “I can’t shake this turf toe bug. I’m going to have another surgery soon. So, I’ve always had a passion for training and training kids. I’m going to see how this (camp) is and hopefully sometime down the road I can join with someone who has the same passion as I do in training kids, motivating them to get the next level in academics and sports.

Now, I know what you’re thinking… Didn’t Pass already retire?

Turns out, Pass (pictured, from AP) hadn’t made it official, despite being out of football for the last two years. He had held out hope to return. But he will now so he can focus on training, setting up a combine-like facility for young athletes. This week’s camp is a test run.

He leaves the game with 526 yards rushing, 570 yards receiving with four touchdowns. He earned three Super Bowl rings with the Patriots from 2000 to 2006.

I asked him, What does he want to be remembered for?

I hope that, on the outside looking in, the players and coaches that I played with look at me as one of those guys that didn’t hesitate to jump and do whatever was asked,” Pass said. “Running back, fullback, every special teams, playing receiver. You want to be known as that guy who was called upon to get the job done. I’ve met some wonderful, wonderful guys there. The likes of Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Troy Brown. Class acts. I really miss those guys… Kevin Faulk was one of my best friends, locker right next to mine. Jarvis Green – all those guys, I had great times with. I still think of them like brothers.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Re: From the who cares file... Patrick Pass

Wow! 3 rings and a turf toe! Talk about being in the right place at the right time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Now, I know what you’re thinking… Didn’t Pass already retire?

Turns out, Pass hadn’t made it official, despite being out of football for the last two years. He had held out hope to return. He leaves the game with 526 yards rushing, 570 yards receiving with four touchdowns. He earned three Super Bowl rings with the Patriots from 2000 to 2006."

Boy, he's really making the most outta this whole retirement thing here, huh? Probably figures if he can stretch this out 3 or 4 more seasons, he'd be good as gold for another 8 or 9 more diamond rings...if I was him, I'd thank god, sat@n, and every other name I happened across in the book of NudeHerOnMe...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Laz,  the world spins in funny ways, Dan Marino threw for 5 billion yards and played in one SB his rookie year and lost, Pass totals a little more than 1000 yards in his career and has 3 rings. He must have sacrificed his eldest on the alter rock at Machu Picchu, danced the ghost dance with the Sioux, and ate 100 worms out of the bottle of the Jose Cuervo.... (eating the worm has no side bad effects, fad side beffects, slide glad effects.....whatever)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He isn't a punk.  He caught some pretty important stuff in the first season, and was blocking after that.  Yes, his career wasn't stellar, but look at the final 3 games of 01, if he doesn't catch that stuff, we don't win.  A small, but MIGHTY, part of Patriot history.  Yes, the hammy thing was baffling.  Still and all, he was a Patriot, and I ain't gonna spit on him.  And I don't think YOU should either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

You're not the boss of me. You're right he was Pat, he made the team, contributed to the SB wins. Punk was a little harsh...wimp maybe? it made him look bad doing that. 

Sections
Shortcuts