Frontloaded...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

Frontloaded...

Three AFC East games in the first 4 games of the season... consider the fact that that's half the AFC East games all front loaded on our schedule.  I don't see any other division with this heavy a dose of divisional matchups this early in the season.  

Do you think this makes any difference?  I think it does... I'd rather play as many of these divisional games as possible later in the season when the team has hit its stride... when in the "groove", no AFC East team will play better than the Patriots.  It's easy to lose a "freak" game early in the season as you are gelling, but the "best team wins" the longer the season goes. 

Just my tuppence... you could make the argument that other teams will hit their stride as the season goes on, but I think the Patriots benefit more from this than the Jets or Dolphins since we're more of a finesse offense and are better stocked with talent. 

(said in best Harry Caray) Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Re: Frontloaded...

It was my understanding that earlier Divisional games were scheduled so that equally there would be more end of season games and this being done in an effort to avoid "meaningless" non divisional games such as the Colts lying down in their final two games last season.
    In Response to Frontloaded...:
    Three AFC East games in the first 4 games of the season... consider the fact that that's half the AFC East games all front loaded on our schedule.  I don't see any other division with this heavy a dose of divisional matchups this early in the season.   Do you think this makes any difference?  I think it does... I'd rather play as many of these divisional games as possible later in the season when the team has hit its stride... when in the "groove", no AFC East team will play better than the Patriots.  It's easy to lose a "freak" game early in the season as you are gelling, but the "best team wins" the longer the season goes.  Just my tuppence... you could make the argument that other teams will hit their stride as the season goes on, but I think the Patriots benefit more from this than the Jets or Dolphins since we're more of a finesse offense and are better stocked with talent.  (said in best Harry Caray) Your thoughts?
    Posted by diablotin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

this only matters when your not a good team...  if you had confidence in this team who is on the schedule and when wouldn't matter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

It was my understanding that earlier Divisional games were scheduled so that equally there would be more end of season games and this being done in an effort to avoid "meaningless" non divisional games such as the Colts lying down in their final two games last season.

If the season goes to an 18 game schedule that means the colts will lay down for 4 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

In Response to Re: Frontloaded...:
    this only matters when your not a good team...  if you had confidence in this team who is on the schedule and when wouldn't matter
    Posted by DBCoach

so, then... do you have confidence in this team?  I have confidence that things will come together towards the end of the season but half of our AFC East games will have been played by then. After Monday, we don't play a division rival until 12/6 - two months later... hopefully by then we'll a) still be in the hunt and b) our young defense will have fully come together... 

Patrick Chung, please keep tearing people's heads off.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i think it is a valid point... we just need to take care of business on monday...
    maybe its just what they need...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Three AFC East games in the first 4 games of the season... consider the fact that that's half the AFC East games all front loaded on our schedule.  I don't see any other division with this heavy a dose of divisional matchups this early in the season.   Do you think this makes any difference?  I think it does... I'd rather play as many of these divisional games as possible later in the season when the team has hit its stride... when in the "groove", no AFC East team will play better than the Patriots.  It's easy to lose a "freak" game early in the season as you are gelling, but the "best team wins" the longer the season goes.  Just my tuppence... you could make the argument that other teams will hit their stride as the season goes on, but I think the Patriots benefit more from this than the Jets or Dolphins since we're more of a finesse offense and are better stocked with talent.  (said in best Harry Caray) Your thoughts?
    Posted by diablotin

It matters. I agree that the Pats offense will hit it's stride later in the season. Defense wins early, as the Jets and Phins are showing, but offensive minded teams make the playoffs and win the super bowl more than not.

Divisional games are important because if you win your division you make the playoffs. So this is a big game even though the season is young.

I had not heard the word tuppence(two cents) before. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Did you just say offensive teams are more likely to win the Superbowl? So you mean the fact that over the past decade there have been 2 wins from offensive teams (Colts and Saints) and 8 wins from defensive teams (Ravens, Patsx3, Bucs, Steelersx2, Giants) is an aberration to the rule? Oh wait, it was the same in the decade before......... and the decade before that........ and the decade before that. So what basis do you have for making that statement again........... that Saints won the last Superbowl? And even those Saints can be called more balanced than the offensive Colts. They had the Defensive MVP of 2009 etc in team. 
    Posted by murghkhor

I knew I would get hammered for that. I was thinking recently with the Saints and Colts in 2009, the 08 Cards and the 07 Pats of which I realize only the Saints won. I should have said, Lately, offensive teams are more likely to go to the Superbowl. You are right of course that through history teams with a dominant defense won most of the Superbowls. I just see that trend changing towards offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

all i know is that the schedule is strong. if they make it to the playoffs, then they would be there battle-tested.

Sections
Shortcuts