fullback anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

fullback anyone?

No I'm not qualified to question BB diehard pat fans
    but why not spend a late round pick on a blocking
    fullback. I don't know about other pats fans but I
    hated to see Ben-Jarvus-Green-Ellis lined up
    in the fb position in short yardage situations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: fullback anyone?

I've brought this up on other threads and like the idea of it.  BB has got some good production out of his FB's in the past with Marc Edwards and Heath Evans coming to mind and could see one having a place on their roster. They have already worked out Manase Tonga (5-11 245) I from BYU and John Conner (5-11 246) from Kentucky is another guy that I think will interest him.  He's an old school, blue collar type that is a powerful lead blocker, can catch the ball out of the backfield and excels on special teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Would be nice for both short yard situations and lead blocking for someone else not named Laura....lol. I thought we missed Evans last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

I agree it would be nice to get a guy in the 6th or 7th round that cant really catch and isn't that fast but can be bruiser blocker and get a yard or two if needed, prob only makes the team if they could play spec teams as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think it would be nice to have a true blocking fullback or a true H-Back instead of expecting runningbacks and tight ends to adapt.

While many Patriots players are versatile and skilled, I think there's an advantage to a player who already has experience playing the positions and specifically trained for them (Like Lorenzo Neal, et al)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

id be fine if we used one of our compensatory picks on a FB type of player, or maybe BB drafts another versatile player that could be a short yardage blocker and an o-lineman like Ross Hochstein used to be for us
    gotta love that versatility
    id also like the idea of a receiving threat out of the backfield, that would add another dimension to our O 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd be fine with a fullback in the late round of the draft. Get a true lead blocker who can either be a threat to run or come out of the backfield to catch a pass. Would give defenses a few more things to think about vs running Connolly out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

nothing was worst than handing the ball off to Sammy Morris (in the fullback slot) for short yardage. only watching him get stuffed at the line and pushed back. Definately an area to consider.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think our new fullback are some of the offensive linemen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Like KP said.  There is no need to waste a roster spot on a FB.  Nothing better then a big ugly leading the way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

use Tim Tebow

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He had Tonga in for a workout,but that doesn't mean a thing where BB is concerned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Patriots signed an undrafted FB from Navy, Eric Kettani at the end of the 2009 Draft.  At 6-foot-1, 233-pounds Eric ranks eighth on Navy's all-time rushing list with 2,091 career yards at 5.4 yards per carry. He is quite possibly Navy's most impressive athlete at least in the modern era as he ran a 4.59 at 233 pounds on Navy's Pro Day.  He also benches 395 pounds and cleans 335 pounds and has a 32-inch vertical.  has averaged 5.4 yards per carry for his career, the sixth-best average in school history. His running style is low to the ground and is tough to tackle.

He has to finish his commitment to the navy and will report in 2011 to the New England Patriots serving out the remainder of his commitment in a recruiting capacity.  

Check this video out if you want to see him in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zs0ZvVg9uo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Now I am not sure you want to spend a pick on a position you are going to have likely filled in 2011. Belichick spoke highly of him and that was with the realisation he won't be a Patriot till 2011. Course if you bother to watch that video you can see why he is so well thought of, and a high character guy as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I absolutely want a fullback on this team. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. John Conner is probably my choice. He is a punishing lead blocker, a good pass-catcher, proficient in pass-blocking, and can even run the ball fairly well (averaged over 5 yards a carry this year in the SEC). Our running game would be more dangerous with him involved, and that in turn would help us wear down defenses and pass all over them. :D

Here's a name from left field: Rendrick Taylor. 6'2, #262, runs in the low 4.6, has excellent hands. Major durability concerns and thus will go undrafted, but he's absolutely ripped and looks like he'd be a real load to handle inside.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

In Response to Re: fullback anyone?:
    The Patriots signed an undrafted FB from Navy, Eric Kettani at the end of the 2009 Draft.  At 6-foot-1, 233-pounds Eric ranks eighth on Navy's all-time rushing list with 2,091 career yards at 5.4 yards per carry. He is quite possibly Navy's most impressive athlete at least in the modern era as he ran a 4.59 at 233 pounds on Navy's Pro Day.  He also benches 395 pounds and cleans 335 pounds and has a 32-inch vertical.  has averaged 5.4 yards per carry for his career, the sixth-best average in school history. His running style is low to the ground and is tough to tackle. He has to finish his commitment to the navy and will report in 2011 to the New England Patriots serving out the remainder of his commitment in a recruiting capacity.   Check this video out if you want to see him in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zs0ZvVg9uo
    Posted by DaBlade

Hey great info Dablade... Kettani definitely looks tough and he
    also has speed...

Sections
Shortcuts