Funny story from Cowboy's camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Funny story from Cowboy's camp

This is from ESPN.com:

Dallas Cowboys fan is burning mad at her team.

Jennelle Carrillo, of Cleburne, Texas, has sued the Cowboys and owner/general manager Jerry Jones after she suffered severe burns to her backside while allegedly sitting on a bench outside Cowboys Stadium before a team scrimmage in August 2010.

Temperatures on the day of the annual Blue & Silver scrimmage were more than 100 degrees, and the bench that Carrillo sat on was black.

"The bench was uncovered and openly exposed to the extremely hot August sun," the suit, which was filed in Tarrant County civil court, states. "The combination of the nature of the black, marble bench and hot sunlight caused the bench to become extremely hot and unreasonably dangerous."

Carrillo's lawyer, Michael Wash, told KDFW-TV that his client initially knew she had been burned but didn't realize the extent of the injuries until receiving medical attention. She did not stay for the game, according to Wash.

"She sat down on this black bench, outside an entrance and unfortunately she suffered third-degree burns as a result of it and had subsequent skin grafts," he told KDFW.

The suit alleges that Cowboys Stadium posted no warning signs alerting fans that the benches could be hot.

Wash told KDFW that Carrillo has suffered "mental anguish, physical pain and disfigurement as a result of her wounds."

According to the TV station, Carrillo is suing to get a jury trial and payment of court fees, interest and a damage amount determined by the jury.

The Cowboys declined comment to KDFW due to the ongoing litigation, per team policy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Funny story from Cowboy's camp

I really hate lawsuits like this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't find the story funny. But then I never find 3rd degree burns and skin graft stories funny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

At least she has phisical damage. Right now all 5 Jet fans are enter a class action law suit for a lifetime of mental pain and anguish..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Funny story from Cowboy's camp:
    [QUOTE]I don't find the story funny. But then I never find 3rd degree burns and skin graft stories funny.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
       What I found funny is that a grown woman filed a frivilous lawsuit because she wasn't smart enough to get up off the bench when she felt how hot it was on her backside.
        I have to wonder if she also sued GE because she burned her hand when she put it in the little blue flame on top of the stove because there wasn't a sign warning her not to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Funny story from Cowboy's camp :    What I found funny is that a grown woman filed a frivilous lawsuit because she wasn't smart enough to get up off the bench when she felt how hot it was on her backside.     I have to wonder if she also sued GE because she burned her hand when she put it in the little blue flame on top of the stove because there wasn't a sign warning her not to.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Human skin always has a small lag in detecting excessive heat. You have never burned yourself?

As far as frivolous - that's why we have courts.

Do you really equate a stove flame and a bench as displaying the same burn threat?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SORRY comrade, didnt notice your thread before starting mine.. wonder how the romneyhood team feels about this.. how dare her want compensation from a sacred stubborn corporation!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

wonder how the romneyhood team feels about this.. how dare her want compensation from a sacred stubborn corporation!

What? Gosh you must have been dropped hard when you were a little kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I heard someone on the team was going to warn her, but they were worried they'd end up in a sexual harassment lawsuit if they told her she had a hot a s s . . . "

(sorry, just couldn't resist--it's probably nothing to joke about)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

What a piece of ................! she is.   3RD degree burns? Really? skin grafts?  what, what, what! are you kidding me, you sat there long enough for 3rd degree burns! too bad she didnt just combust to ashes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, they could have been contact burns, that would be worth suing over.  But if she sat on it and stayed, no.  If I sat on a bench and it burned the carp out of me, I'd be upset and thinking they should have posted a sign too.  On the other hand, if it's 100 out and I approached a black bench, I would kind of touch it with my hand first, assuming it was hot.  So, never mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm sorry, there is NO WAY sitting on a bench, and then getting up caused 3rd degree burns.

Was this the first day this bench was placed there? Were there not other hot days where, apparently, people avoided scalding themselves?

Does this woman not realize:
    1) It gets hotter than most place sin Texas
    2) Black absorbs heat
    3) Does she not see the link between 1 and 2?

How much alcohol was likely consumed to allow someone to sit on a bench until 3rd degree burns occured?

Lastly, I have a cousin who was in Kuwait during the early stages of this farcical war, and she stated it could get to be 125 degrees, and the hoods of trucks were hot enough to burn you at the touch. You know, like a hot water burn. Boot treads would start to get tacky from the heat.

This was a BENCH in about 100 degree weather with no internal combustion engine running beneath it to increase the temperature.

Most of you are wrong....this IS something worth laughing over. When people's idiocy causes personal harm, I see no issue in laughing at them.

Check out darwinawards.com some time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Don't you usually touch and look at something before you sit on it? Especially something thats outside in public... Who knows what slept on it the night before. These lawsuits should be capped along with the elimination of tort lawyers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://www.bullheadcityblog.com/oatman-annual-sidewalk-egg-fry/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah, I think that I would stand up if I felt something hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns. Maybe she was drinking heavily and didn't feel anything. Odd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I think that I would stand up if I felt something hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns. Maybe she was drinking heavily and didn't feel anything. Odd
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Another odd thing is waiting 2 years after it happened to file her frivilous lawsuit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Romo would like to get that 'HOT" ever....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Funny story from Cowboy's camp : Another odd thing is waiting 2 years after it happened to file her frivilous lawsuit

How'd I miss that?

I hope this lawyer bankrupts her.

Then blows it all on cocaine and an STD laden prostitute.

Filing lawsuits like this should carry the possible penalty of shooting the accuser. If you claim something so absurd and can't prove it, you get shot. Would clear up a lot of court time.

2 years! Did she just get out of rehab or something?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The story isn't funny at all. But what is funny is the people here that complain about name calling on a stupid message board and then make light of the poor lady's disfigurement. Got their moral priorities bass ackwards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Funny story from Cowboy's camp : Another odd thing is waiting 2 years after it happened to file her frivilous lawsuit

Wow... 2 years later? How hard did they laugh at her when she went to sue...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I agree that she is beyond stupid, and just a complete hairball for trying to file this lawsuit 2 years after the incident. But keep in mind that we have a lawyer out there that in my mind is just as much as a piece-o-dung that she is for wasting everyones time and $$....of course just to line his pockets. Lawyers are the reason this country is so a $ $-backward.....pure pond s c u m.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Speaking of stupid.... many times in a lawsuit all treatements must be completed and expert medical opinion on a timeline for the extent of healing be determined before the suit should be filed to address any permanent damage. Two years is no big deal in a case such as this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]I really hate lawsuits like this.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I'm w/ u. This lady is a moron looking for a handout because she is an fool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I really hate lawsuits like this.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Why?