future at CB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

future at CB?

I hope we can resign Talib and perhaps pick up Daunta Robinson on a one year prove it kind of deal.. He just got released and is 31 so teams are not sure if he still has it.  a 1 year vet min contract might be good for both sides and give us a backup for when talib gets injured.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: future at CB?

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope we can resign Talib and perhaps pick up Daunta Robinson on a one year prove it kind of deal.. He just got released and is 31 so teams are not sure if he still has it.  a 1 year vet min contract might be good for both sides and give us a backup for when talib gets injured.  

[/QUOTE]

Robinson was beyond bad in KC, he got benched....

Riddle me this....if the Pats put Talib's money at the D line and get the double team off Jones.....do Dennard, and Ryan play well? or.....if the Pats give the money to Talib and do nothing to get the double team off Jones can Talib make up for that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Riddle me this....if the Pats put Talib's money at the D line and get the double team off Jones.....do Dennard, and Ryan play well? or.....if the Pats give the money to Talib and do nothing to get the double team off Jones can Talib make up for that?

[/QUOTE]

Dennerd is a good #2 or 3 CB in the NFL, especially on a BB defense because he tackles well and will create turnovers. But he lacks the size to ever be a #1 CB. Ryan so far has shown good coverage skills, and good hands to create turn overs, but is not a very good tackler (yet?) and has not shown he can play a physical CB against the elite WR's. 

Talib has shown that he can do everything but stay healthy. The pats have to lean on their medical staff.  will a simple procedure eliminate the nagging hip situation? (I believe the answer is yes). Talib's other injuries have been due to his physical style, and are not chronic.

Short of throwing the money at another CB that is an unknown in this defense, I think the Pats have to sign him. 

Seriously, isn't Talib, Dennerd, Ryan and Arrington a top 3 unit in the NFL? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dennerd is a good #2 or 3 CB in the NFL, especially on a BB defense because he tackles well and will create turnovers. But he lacks the size to ever be a #1 CB. Ryan so far has shown good coverage skills, and good hands to create turn overs, but is not a very good tackler (yet?) and has not shown he can play a physical CB against the elite WR's. 

Talib has shown that he can do everything but stay healthy. The pats have to lean on their medical staff.  will a simple procedure eliminate the nagging hip situation? (I believe the answer is yes). Talib's other injuries have been due to his physical style, and are not chronic.

Short of throwing the money at another CB that is an unknown in this defense, I think the Pats have to sign him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree with you that Talib Dennard and Arrington is a very good unit but if we loose Talib we know what happens, if we sign Talib we need someone who can step up, we saw the result when Dennard faced a bigger Wr.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree with you that Talib Dennard and Arrington is a very good unit but if we loose Talib we know what happens, if we sign Talib we need someone who can step up, we saw the result when Dennard faced a bigger Wr.

[/QUOTE]

I understand this comment, and I am willing to give Arrington leeway due to injury (groin). However, the Pats are paying Arrington 4/$16. That is enough coin for some one to "step up" if called upon. If Arrington is not capable to step up, then I feel the salary he was given was too much. Pats also invested big resources in Ryan (Day 2 draft choice) and his draft slot indicates he should be capable to "step up" if called upon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree...This might be contoversial but even Seattle's secondary would look bad without pressure one the QB and the Pats pats defesne will look all world with another Jones and a pocket collapser at DT.

I think the defensive line is the key.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree...This might be contoversial but even Seattle's secondary would look bad without pressure one the QB and the Pats pats defesne will look all world with another Jones and a pocket collapser at DT.

I think the defensive line is the key.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Both INTs were a result of pressure up front.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Pats have to re-sign Talib, both Dennerd and Ryan are under 6' tall, they need a 6'1"+ cb to handle the bigger, taller WR's and TE's.  One of BB's biggest defensive flaws is going with the shorter CB's.  One of the reasons I was hoping Ras-I would work out was because he was a taller guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't know that the Pats 'have to' re-sign Talib but they either need him or replace him with a good cover corner (I know, they're not just an off the shelf item at Target).  I do think with a healthy Talib, Dennard, Ryan and Arrington this is a potentially quite good secondary.   Having a hammering SS won't hurt matters much either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There are some decent Corner Backs who are going to be available, Dunta Robinson isn't one of them. DRC would be an acceptable replacement for Talib if he becomes to costly. Also Derrick Cox will be available though I view him as more of a #2, Verner would be the guy to target but he's gonna be costly. There is the draft another Dennard is considered the #1 CB in this draft but there are options. Pierre Desir has absolutely flown up the draft boards at 6'1" he is a ballhawking DB his down side is he played his college ball at Lindenwood College, however after seeing him I would spend a 2nd rounder on him if he's still on the board. Others to be considered Jean Stanley-Baptiste, Louchiez Purifoy,Keith McGill,Russ Cockrell, Fuller and Exum the two DB's from Va Tech, and there are several others they could draft but these are the cream of the crops and these guys are all 6'0" or better.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand this comment, and I am willing to give Arrington leeway due to injury (groin). However, the Pats are paying Arrington 4/$16. That is enough coin for some one to "step up" if called upon. If Arrington is not capable to step up, then I feel the salary he was given was too much. Pats also invested big resources in Ryan (Day 2 draft choice) and his draft slot indicates he should be capable to "step up" if called upon. 

[/QUOTE]

That's the point. Arrington can only play in the slot. If Talib gets injured, who do you want outside? Definitely not Arrington. I would have much rather the pats pay for a guy who can play both. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like the first scenerio Get some stud pass rushers and Dennard-Rtan etc will be fine-when you get to any QB-(see PM in SB?) it makes DBs job much easier!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I want Lib' Back but I watched Dunta last year. I think he is done. Ever since that collision he has been awful and he is small too. His best days were in Houston. I liked him them....not so much now. Logan Ryan is better...maybe even Cole.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope we can can bigger harder hitting CBs that can tackle

Talib can't hit or take a hit

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Two big CB's that could be available inthe draft anywhere from second to fourth rounds are Keith Mcgill out of Utah and Stanley Jean-Baptiste from nebraska.  Both are 6'3" and 215 pounds.  I do. Ot know much about them, but both are rated in the top ten among CB's in the draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two big CB's that could be available inthe draft anywhere from second to fourth rounds are Keith Mcgill out of Utah and Stanley Jean-Baptiste from nebraska.  Both are 6'3" and 215 pounds.  I do. Ot know much about them, but both are rated in the top ten among CB's in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

problem with Baptiste is he reminds of Ras-i...... tall and lengthy but cannot stay healthy

Sections
Shortcuts