Future Trenches look Great

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Future Trenches look Great

The Patriots earned some Valuable leverage on both there offensive and defensive lines with the play of there subs and draft picks

O Line

Vollmer will replace Light

Connolly can replace Mankins

Ormhberger will become top back up

La Voir becomes top T back up

D Line

Prior/wright combo performs better collectively than Green

Green does not need to be retained

The new Off Set 3 - 4 with Fork playing DE/DT/NT make him more valuable than ever

lets hope he can man that slot next year while Brace works into the mix with Prior

this team just got younger and CHEAPER, but also BETTER

So with all the chips we have collected next years free for all may include some big names

I would like for us to get a strong 3 for our receiving corps and a stud back as well as a stud OLB if we could get quality back ups out of the draft that would be great... but with all the cash comming off the books and a great rookie group this year i wonder if NE will take advantage of the situation and revamp there stock for another run at the bowl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Future Trenches look Great

Green's not all that expensive, although Mankins might get to be above what the Patriots want to spend.

My favorite value players are Gary Guyton and Brandon McGowan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Future Trenches look Great:
    Green's not all that expensive, although Mankins might get to be above what the Patriots want to spend. My favorite value players are Gary Guyton and Brandon McGowan.
    Posted by NickC1188

McGowan has def made some big plays, and he flies to the football which is always good, but I've seen him make multiple AWFUL reads off play action.  Case in Point the Wildcat play down in the redzone that resulted in Ronnie Brown throwing for the td, watch McGowan and Meriweather for that matter, they both played it miserably.  I know the wildcat complicates things, but both of them should have seen the PA coming when the tight end didn't even chip off the snap.  That being said the guy plays 100mph every snap, so ur right in that for the value he's been awesome.  

Getting back to the OP, BB has done a fantastic job maintaining a good to very good O line and very good to elite D Line during his tenure here, i'm pretty sure that's one of the tenants of Parcells Football-make and sustain solid line play.  I can't say i've been concerned with the quality of the Pats lines since about 2000.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i think guyton could be moved outside if they find a good MLB to pair with Mayo.... i think we still need a flat out edge pass rusher

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Rebel you are right in the fact that this team needs an edge pass rusher.  If you throw Freeney, Peppers or Ware in this D we would be super bowl bound.  Banta Cain is a servicable back-up but man we missed with Burgess, he is awful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

The future maybe sooner then you/we think.  If the past is any indicator then Neal is destine to go down at some point.

Sea Bass has been a rock and Connolly performed well yesterday.  The Future is looking great tag.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Rebel you are right in the fact that this team needs an edge pass rusher.  If you throw Freeney, Peppers or Ware in this D we would be super bowl bound.  Banta Cain is a servicable back-up but man we missed with Burgess, he is awful.
    Posted by can-pats-fan

The question is where do the Pats put someone like that, who are all better suited in the 4-3 edge rushing role.  Clearly BB is willing to play some 4-3, but I don't think he'd make a huge shift to accommodate even an elite player like D. Ware (I could def be wrong tho).  All of those guys would be playing OLB in the Pats base 3-4, and that transition can be impossible for some players (see Aaron Kampman down in Green Bay).  These lean edge rushers are dominating players for sure, but i'm just not sure how they'd fit in our current defense.  I'm not saying the Pats don't need a great pass rusher, for sure they do, but it's interesting to see how BB will scheme if/once he has a player like that.  I'm not sold on Peppers either, some weeks the guy is downright invisible, other weeks he's a beast. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

the last big time pass rusher from the edge was a healthy in his prime colvin but we didnt get much out of him either mostly due to his injuries

seymour and vrabel were solid but they were the prototypical sack guys

I still would take a guy like peppers anyday... guys like that are hard to come by (we know this especially)... I like what Banta Cain does for us but he serves us best as a backup to both OLB spots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I always thought Banta-Cain was a backup, but he's taken his game to a level nobody saw coming this year.  Not only is he a good pass rusher, he makes plays in pursuit, and can set the edge in the run game.  Kind of a late bloomer, but I see him as a full time player for the next couple years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I always thought Banta-Cain was a backup, but he's taken his game to a level nobody saw coming this year.  Not only is he a good pass rusher, he makes plays in pursuit, and can set the edge in the run game.  Kind of a late bloomer, but I see him as a full time player for the next couple years.
    Posted by pyegian
    i agree,he is the best pass rusher we have.im glad the pats signed him for a few years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

3 - 4: 4 - 3 that is not a conversation worth having

BB created a new hybrid role this week

he played a NT @ DT/DE in a three tech on the weakside guard...

who does that...?

no one...

banta Cain was good in his last year here but he was too big to speed rush he was more of bull rusher with a great spin move.

Guyton can play OLB with a four or five man front but he is not a edge setting DE/OLB. i do not think he can play right on the line like Banta Cain does so he would be a waist on the outside. one of the reasons i think he is so great is because he moves well every where on the field but not particularly great in one aspect... he is a great Utility LB

bottom line with all the scrap heap scrubs and rookies we have successfully replaced older players more expensive players with younger faster less expensive players...

You all think this but you won't say it

next year we pay off Taylor (stupid signing) Springs (another) and Adalious Thomas (Dead money)

AD is like a brick this guy cost 9 mil next year a he is a bum

i would trade him to the Jets with a third round pick for Golston and Golston svcks, but he is more valuable as a 25 year old player with potential than a 32 year bum who cannot be motivated

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

here is the leagues stats compared to our stats,and it makes our defense not looking that great,and it shows on the feild.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics

Sections
Shortcuts