Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough

WR Jabar Gaffney has agreed to 2yr deal with the Pats. Released by Skins this week.

[tweet https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/197789102718988288]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough

Back to the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Well last season they couldn't find a WR this season, what's your flavor.  This is going to be furious competition at camp.  

They probably keep 6 with Slater as the 6th man for STs.

Wow, anyone doubt Pats are getting ready for a heck of run?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It will be great to have this competition going into camp!  Those bubble WR's Stallworth, Gonzalez, Underwood, and possibly Ocho Cinco and Edelman better bring their A games!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Dang!  What a roller coaster day.
    Good move.   Now let's see who makes it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

I think they may keep 7 WR's this year including Slater.

B. Lloyd
    W. Welker
    D. Branch
    J. Gaffney
    D. Stallworth or C. Ohcocinco
    J. Edelman
    M. Slater

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I could see them carrying seven and carrying only 4 RBs as opposed to 5 now that they are pretty young at the position. It also hlep that a lot of their guys on the O-Line have position versatility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Someone actually called this a few weeks ago..Good move.."Hefe. would you say Tom Brady has a plethora of targets?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Wow, I didn't expect the Pats to actually sign him. I wonder who gets cut?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough:
    I've never seen a team so completely obsessed with the WR position.  Instead of just paying Welker his worth, Bill signs 6-7 other guys who are washed up.  Go figure.
    Posted by JetMangione

Gaffney had more receiving yards than anybody on the Jests last year.  I guess your whole team is washed up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

I'm thinking they are going to run the 7WR set

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I've never seen a team so completely obsessed with the WR position.  Instead of just paying Welker his worth, Bill signs 6-7 other guys who are washed up.  Go figure.
    Posted by JetMangione

I've never seen a Jets fan so completely obsessed with the New England Patriots 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

There gonna keep 7 receivers and slater will not, i repeat, he will not count against the 7th spot, i dont think they would bring in this many receivers in if they had that much faith in slaters ability as an option at receiver.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Posted by JetMangione

I know! Go figure. They should run our team like the Jets do!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Wow - is BB pissed at Welker?
    At this point I will not be surprised to see Pats reduce the tag number on July 16th if Welker has not signed yet. And I would not be surprised to see them trying to trade him as soon as he signs the tag. Not saying they should, just that signing this many WR in the off season and drafting another and signing another UDFA is a little over the top.
    I also see this as not good news for Branch as I think he and Gaffney may be in competition for the same spot as TBs 'binky'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

They should never have let Gaffney go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

not sure how much gaffney has left in the tank, but i like this signing....he knows the system and will give all that he has....i really like what the pats have done this offseason. reloading for another run at #4

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I wasn't that impressed with Gaffney when he was here. He had some good games but he dropped too many balls for my liking. He is, however, one of the few recent players who left New England and flourished. He was Washington's best wide receiver last season with 68 catches for 947 yards. I'm glad he came back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not so sure Lloyd is a sure thing here.  He was no more productive than Gaffney was last year and both had bad QB's. 

Gaffney is taller at 6'2, had more yards per catch and the other huge difference- Lloyd only caught 48% of passes thrown to him.  Gaffney basically had the same amount of yards while being thrown to 40 fewer times.(59%)

Even in 2010 he caught a ridiculously low amount of passes thrown to him (50%).  He's the most inefficient WR I can find.

I'm just saying I wouldn't say he's a sure thing because there's some good competition.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

If Brady fails this year in the postseason, oh my.

He has absolutely no complaints at this point. This is like an All Star group here. Best TEs (by far) and probably the best WRs (Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Ochocinco, Stallworth, Gaffney, etc).

Ebert has some serious system depth to learn from.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I'm not so sure Lloyd is a sure thing here. Posted by shenanigan

Care to wager on that, or are you high?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnvyQuLPKDM

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough : Care to wager on that, or are you high? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnvyQuLPKDM
    Posted by BassFishing

Ummm.... OK.  I'll wager a million dollars on me not being sure Lloyd is a sure thing. 

Let me check with myself- yup, still not sure he's a lock.  Pay up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

^ LMAO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough : Ummm.... OK.  I'll wager a million dollars on me not being sure Lloyd is a sure thing.  Let me check with myself- yup, still not sure he's a lock.  Pay up.
    Posted by shenanigan

You may want to switch when you start drinking then.

LMAO^

Lloyd is as sure as a lock as JetsMangione/Phat and Tebow are virgins running around NYC.

McDaniels and Brady asked for Lloyd.  Not hard to figure out, dude. Branch is on a year deal on a gimpy league and is 33 years old. That's a guy you should be looking at as a non-lock, especially with Gaffney and Stallworth here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Our house, our fun... No need to get angry....let me check myself was funny $#!t

Sections
Shortcuts