Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough

Not angry whatsoever.

I am chuckling at anyone thinking Lloyd isn't a lock.  McDaniels plucked him and he took an under market deal. He's such a lock, he's no different than the Jets last place finish in the division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love how these positions get stacked (last year it was defensive line) and then find a way to work themselves out...usually by one injury after the other. The truth is a lot of our receiver core is on the older side - the more numbers at that spot, the better.

At the beginning of camp last year we were amazed at the depth and wave upon wave of talent we were going to be able to throw at people. By December we were bringing people in off the streets...Wright, Pryor, Haynesworth, Carter, Cunningham all went down.

I like the signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough:
    [QUOTE]I think they may keep 7 WR's this year including Slater. B. Lloyd W. Welker D. Branch J. Gaffney D. Stallworth or C. Ohcocinco J. Edelman M. Slater
    Posted by patriotzking18[/QUOTE]

Slater won't be a WR, and Ocho should be cut. Rather have Ebert

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm more concerned about WW's position on the team,and he can forget about negotiating from a position of strength. Lloyd,Stallworth,Ocho,Neon Deion,Jabar,Gonzo(the football version) and a bunch of wanna bee's,I smell the end of an era,pack your longjohns WW I hear the whistle blowing and the song Kansas City playing in the background....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]Someone actually called this a few weeks ago..Good move.."Hefe. would you say Tom Brady has a plethora of targets?"
    Posted by BigPapi61[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes you have a Plethora

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

"Tell me, what is a plethora"?

lol

Perfect timing, Rodimus.  A highly underrated 80s gem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Gotta keep this all in perspective.  There are lots of WRs on the roster but none of them is named Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson . . . 

I think our receiving corp looks improved . . . but I wouldn't exaggerate its quality.  Guys like Branch, Stallworth, and Ocho are getting long in the tooth. Welker, Gonzalez, and Edelman are all slot players, and not all will make the team because of the overlap in role.  Lloyd has been inconsistent in the past.  Gaffney is a solid second or third receiver, but not a number one. Slater is a special teamer. Ebert is an untested rookie who looks like another add on to the Welker, Edelman, Gonzalez group. And Underwood and Davis just seem like practice squad filler.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]"Tell me, what is a plethora"? lol Perfect timing, Rodimus.  A highly underrated 80s gem.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

I still laugh at that movie Russ.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This spells the end for .....Donte Stalworth. Gaffney is gonna take his job on the Pats roster....again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough : I still laugh at that movie Russ.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Usually pull that film out once a year.  It has some classic one liners on it.

"You've killed the invisible swordsman!"

"We could go for a walk on the veranda and you could kiss me there...."Lips would be fine."

bawhhahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]This spells the end for .....Donte Stalworth. Gaffney is gonna take his job on the Pats roster....again.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Top 3 cut potential:

Gonzalez
    Ocho
    Branch

Branch has knee problems. He's no sure thing at all on a 1 year deal.  Stallworth still has nice value and would have caught more than 46 balls in 2007 if not for Moss and Welker.

Of course, if Welker holds out or is traded, 1 of those 3 names would stay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough : Top 3 cut potential: Gonzalez Ocho Branch Branch has knee problems. He's no sure thing at all on a 1 year deal.  Stallworth still has nice value and would have caught more than 46 balls in 2007 if not for Moss and Welker. Of course, if Welker holds out or is traded, 1 of those 3 names would stay.

What about Britt Davis and Tiquan Underwood?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WR Depth Chart:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuleta65. Show chuleta65's posts

The best wide receivers on the Patriots are Gronk and Hernandez. Having said that, our TE's are better receivers than many of the WR's on other teams. I can live with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

(Welker) If he signs that tender. 
    Lloyd
    Ebert
    Ocho
    Gaffney
    Edelman

Those are the WRs that make the cut, in my opinion...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough : What about Britt Davis and Tiquan Underwood?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I don't see them making it.  Ebert to PS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Stallworth lost his job in '07 to Gaffney because Gaffney is a better WR, Gonzalez can't stay healthy, Branch is a fifth WR at best and the rest suck. 

Slater will be kept for ST depth. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Nah, Brady got locked on to Moss and Welker too much, which is why he lost his job, or if you want to phrase it like that. By week 6, Moss and Welker were so dominant, it took options away from Stallworth.

It's too bad, because by the end of the year, NE was scoring far too fast and our D was gassed allowing 25+ points per game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Gaffney was nothing, just waiting by the phone, when the Patriots called him up one day in the fall of 2009.  He was discovered.  Then he signed a 4 year, $10m contract and played 3 years of that contract before he was dropped.  I'm glad that he got rich.  Now he's been rediscovered by the Patriots. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Nah, Brady got locked on to Moss and Welker too much, which is why he lost his job, or if you want to phrase it like that. By week 6, Moss and Welker were so dominant, it took options away from Stallworth. It's too bad, because by the end of the year, NE was scoring far too fast and our D was gassed allowing 25+ points per game. 

Great signing.  I'm extra stoked now.  Not only will we go 19-0 but all previous scoring records will be broken this coming season.

Rusty, are you saying scoring fast is a bad thing?  If the D gets a few holds it actually makes their job easier or so I would think.  Wouldn't the opposing O become one dimensional playing catch up.  Isn't this what BB or any Defense want?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Stallworth lost his job after '07 because he was on a 'two' year contract that was all backloaded. He earned almost nothing in 07 and was due to make some outrageous number in 08. Everyone knew it was a one year deal when it was signed and Stallworth could have been Moss Jr. and he still wasn't having the second year picked up. But his #3WR numbers in NE are probably better than anyone that has held that position since.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gaffeny Is Back In Foxborough : Top 3 cut potential: Gonzalez Ocho Branch Branch has knee problems. He's no sure thing at all on a 1 year deal.  Stallworth still has nice value and would have caught more than 46 balls in 2007 if not for Moss and Welker. Of course, if Welker holds out or is traded, 1 of those 3 names would stay.

I disagree, Stalworth would have caught more then 46 balls if he ran the right routes...as Gaffney did, which is why he took his job. Branch was paid some coin for this season and I think BB and Brady want him here, but personnaly I think he is about done. His body can't hold up. He'll always be SB MVP though!

WW(if he is not traded)
    Loyd
    Gaffney steps in at #3 imo
    Ocho
    Branch
    Edelman(offense defense and is cheap, he stays)
    Slater

We will carry 7 receivers due to the increased roster limit.

Gonzalez and Stalworth are out, Ebert and Britt to PS.

Am I missing someone?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh yeah Underwood = out. Sorry kid