Gaffney/Tate, Morris/Taylor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Gaffney/Tate, Morris/Taylor

big mistake not to re-sign a guy that can run a route as well as gaffney is able to, as well as being good friends with TB. [with gaffney on the team, NE could very well be 7-0 right now.] also, while sammy morris always plays all out, he`s also an injury waiting to happen, as is fred taylor. maybe BB should have swung a deal with oakland in the off-season for justin fargas who runs like a man possessed.  as for the loss of gaffney and the departure of gallaway, here`s hoping tate becomes the polar opposite of chad jackson, and becomes one of brady`s favorite recievers sooner rather than later.  i`m sure the OC is kicking himself about losing jabar, and is hard at work developing tate`s talents, which are considerable. and who knows what the inside word is on sammy morris?  maybe he`s back by thanksgiving, maybe not. as for fred taylor..umm..seems like belichick is delaying putting fred on IR as long as he is able to, in order to lessen the blow that his season may in fact already be over. fred so much wanted to help Bill win another SB, that you really have to feel badly for the guy, but i doubt his injury will respond that quickly, even come mid-december.  however, if sammy can make it back close to 100% in another 3-5 weeks, and tate turns into another desean jackson, NE should have alot less to worry about that`s for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Gaffney/Tate, Morris/Taylor

Here's more proof that Hindsight makes us look smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

a lot of ifs here.nothing wrong with gaffney,but when brady was missing his targets,gaffney wouldnt have mattered.add a no running game,and not being able to stop the run.nothing wrong with two losse,s.they were close games.as for tate,he is another player that remains to be seen.and i hope he dosent end up like desean.to inconsistent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: Gaffney/Tate, Morris/Taylor:
    Here's more proof that Hindsight makes us look smart.
    Posted by K-max

well, it`s not exactly "hindsight"  in my having a positive opinion of jabar gaffney. i posted a thread 2 years ago titled 'where`s gaffney" because brady wasn`t throwing to him/or BB had him inactive for a few games, or both. and then soon afterwards,  gaffney had 3 or 4 100+ yd receiving games in a row, including the playoffs. YES, brady wasn`t very accurate to begin the season...but having an open, familar gaffney 8-15 yds away would have made his job alot easier than it was, or will be. as for desean jackson...i`d take those numbers in a heatbeat, and if you were honest, so would you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

a lot of ifs here.nothing wrong with gaffney,but when brady was missing his targets,gaffney wouldnt have mattered.add a no running game,and not being able to stop the run.nothing wrong with two losse,s.they were close games.as for tate,he is another player that remains to be seen.and i hope he dosent end up like desean.to inconsistent.
    Posted by mosseffect43

If you're referring to Desean Jackson, I would do cartwheels in the street if Tate ends up like him.  Dude has 5 touchdowns of 50+ yards already this year.

Maybe you just confused him with Chad Jackson?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: Gaffney/Tate, Morris/Taylor : If you're referring to Desean Jackson, I would do cartwheels in the street if Tate ends up like him.  Dude has 5 touchdowns of 50+ yards already this year. Maybe you just confused him with Chad Jackson?
    Posted by pyegian

yeah, he has to be thinking of chad jackson, otherwise he went off his meds. i sure hope we can get morris and perhaps even taylor back by mid-december. also, by then brady should have a good working relationship with tate, who may thrive alongside moss and welker who are or should be coaching him as the season moves along.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

koft-before i come on to the forum,i have to take a valium.desean is good,but isnt great.dosent mean he wont be.I could think of a few better receivers in the league that i would rather tate turn out to be like.sure desean has caught a few good passe,s,but so has austin miles and sims walker,and they are good,but not great.not yet anyways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Gaffney sealed his fate dropping that pass at Indy last year. he wasn't worht the money. Remember Deion Branch ? SB MVP, wanted more money ended up in Seatlle, what has he done?

Tate was a great pickup.

As for RB, BB needs to find a couple young bull rushers in the next draft, and let the veterans go

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Gaffney/Tate, Morris/Taylor:
    big mistake not to re-sign a guy that can run a route as well as gaffney is able to, as well as being good friends with TB. [with gaffney on the team, NE could very well be 7-0 right now.] also, while sammy morris always plays all out, he`s also an injury waiting to happen, as is fred taylor. maybe BB should have swung a deal with oakland in the off-season for justin fargas who runs like a man possessed.  as for the loss of gaffney and the departure of gallaway, here`s hoping tate becomes the polar opposite of chad jackson, and becomes one of brady`s favorite recievers sooner rather than later.  i`m sure the OC is kicking himself about losing jabar, and is hard at work developing tate`s talents, which are considerable. and who knows what the inside word is on sammy morris?  maybe he`s back by thanksgiving, maybe not. as for fred taylor..umm..seems like belichick is delaying putting fred on IR as long as he is able to, in order to lessen the blow that his season may in fact already be over. fred so much wanted to help Bill win another SB, that you really have to feel badly for the guy, but i doubt his injury will respond that quickly, even come mid-december.  however, if sammy can make it back close to 100% in another 3-5 weeks, and tate turns into another desean jackson, NE should have alot less to worry about that`s for sure.
    Posted by koft
    gaffney got something like a 3 year 15M guaranteed deal
    with money upfront and all kinds of bonuses... no way should bel had given him that deal! who amongst us seriously did not feel that galloway was a major upgrade at the time in every way? i liked jabar and his route running and knack for geting open but let's not forget that he was also a major ball dropper! there's a reason he was dropped all the way to fourth receiver for most of 07 as stallworth was #3 for most of the year. plus jabar is allergic to special teams. tate, aiken and edelman all contribute at that end! sometimes life and fate just happens. would b great if we could get a marvin harrison before indy game for cheap money and as third receiver!

Sections
Shortcuts