Gallery for vets minimum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Gallery for vets minimum

sure hes kinda a clown but with neals retirement and a weak class at gaurd why couldnt he be a stop gap for a few seasons for an afforable price. Him and Mankins would be road grades in the run game.Also i really like cliff avril or charels johnson as a 3=4 end prospect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

Re: Gallery for vets minimum

cliff avril has a second round tender on him now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I like Gallery, I thought he was a can't miss coming out of college. Now, I know the Raiders moved him around at least 3 different OLine spots in his first 2 years, some of that was because of injuries, I'm not sure if it was also because of a lack of ability but I know how the Raiders can suck the life out of a player.

He's stillyoung enough that he's definitely a player I'd take a flyer on. I thin the talent is still there for the right coaches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdouce. Show jjdouce's posts

OK, first off a flyer is going to cost you in the vacinity of about 8 mill per year so I wouldn't exactly call it a flyer.  I think if he's willing to take a one year deal around 5 or 6 Belichick might be interested. I also thoght this guy was a can't miss player in the draft when he came out but the black hole seems to have sucked the life out of him.  I recall BB having a high opinion of him at that draft. With regard to it being a weak draft for guards, unless you know for sure the guy is a perfect fit for your team you don't draft a guard high anyway, Mankins was the exception to tht rule.  This is a good draft for Tackles, I'd say there are at least five guys that will start on day one this year at tackle, you can always find a guard or convert one but tackles are far more valuable. Look at the job Connelly did until Mankins came back, if Mankins is a 10, Connelly gave you a 7 performance and don't forget that we were going to kick Kaczur inside before he went down. We need to protect Brady NOW, resign Mankins, pick up Gallery and grab one of those Tackles in the draft, I personally like Castanzo from BC (BC has been an offensive lineman factory for some time) and then you've got something.  Yeah I know we have other needs like the pash rush or a field stretching receiver but Brady is in his prime right now and we don't have the time to build the O line for the future, fo Brady the future is now.  With the amount of draft picks we have we should be able to address all three of these needs and more, get it done Bill! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

He's not looking for the min. thats why he didnt re-up in Oakland. He wants a deal comparable to what Mankin's is hoping for. Wont happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: Gallery for vets minimum:
    [QUOTE]OK, first off a flyer is going to cost you in the vacinity of about 8 mill per year so I wouldn't exactly call it a flyer.  I think if he's willing to take a one year deal around 5 or 6 Belichick might be interested. I also thoght this guy was a can't miss player in the draft when he came out but the black hole seems to have sucked the life out of him.  I recall BB having a high opinion of him at that draft. With regard to it being a weak draft for guards, unless you know for sure the guy is a perfect fit for your team you don't draft a guard high anyway, Mankins was the exception to tht rule.  This is a good draft for Tackles, I'd say there are at least five guys that will start on day one this year at tackle, you can always find a guard or convert one but tackles are far more valuable. Look at the job Connelly did until Mankins came back, if Mankins is a 10, Connelly gave you a 7 performance and don't forget that we were going to kick Kaczur inside before he went down. We need to protect Brady NOW, resign Mankins, pick up Gallery and grab one of those Tackles in the draft, I personally like Castanzo from BC (BC has been an offensive lineman factory for some time) and then you've got something.  Yeah I know we have other needs like the pash rush or a field stretching receiver but Brady is in his prime right now and we don't have the time to build the O line for the future, fo Brady the future is now.  With the amount of draft picks we have we should be able to address all three of these needs and more, get it done Bill! 
    Posted by jjdouce[/QUOTE]
    I reli cant belive u said connely gave us a 7. he was mediorcre but i do want to get gallery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Connolly was "mediocre"? Really? I saw someone who played both Guard spots quite well, actually.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Belichick supposedly loved him when he came out and was asked if there was a player he would trade up to get and he said Gallery. Now of course that could and probably was all just talk, but he did say it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Gallery for vets minimum:
    [QUOTE]Belichick supposedly loved him when he came out and was asked if there was a player he would trade up to get and he said Gallery. Now of course that could and probably was all just talk, but he did say it.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Coming out of Iowa Gallery was about the highest rated Tackle prospect in a decade, he was supposed to be an absolute lockdown centerpiece type guy in both the passing and run game.  Obviously he hasn't quite panned out, though it seems he's turned into quite a solid guard.  Point is, he's not going to be signing any deal for anything close to the vet minimum, he's not a stud but hes an above average guard who played on dreadful Raider teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Reports out there state he wants 8 million per while the Raiders where willing to pay him 2.5 per. If you think that we can get him for the Vet minimum, you must be crazy. He wants to be paid Evans type of money, same as mankins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i'd give him 4 million per for a 3 year deal. with 4 million guaranteed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ME thinks this is the year to rebuild the OL.. i see vollmer at LT. with mankins at LG with connolly at RG... likely will offer kaczur that spot if he chooses to take cut.. if not levoir or ohnsberger may fight over that spot or some other in house candidate, or they may draft there for more competition!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It would be nice to lock Mankins up before the draft. Not likely but it would make the draft different. I was waiting for the lets sign Gallery for the vet minimum threads to start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I'd like to get Larry Fitzgerald for the veteran minimum, but that won't be happening either.  Gallery is a good player who will get a sizable contract.

Sections
Shortcuts