Galloway released...What's next?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Galloway released...What's next?

Ok, JG was just released which leaves us with 4 viable receivers currently on the roster. 2 are all pro, 1 is a converted QB and 1 is a special teams ace. We have no legit 3rd receiver on the roster CURRENTLY. 

What does it mean?...is Tate going to be activated and possibly play? Is Nunn going to be promoted? Is there a trade in the works? 

Please weigh in Pats Fans!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Galloway released...What's next?

Nunn Nunn Nunn....give the guy a shot.  Im sure if this was any other team he would already be out there.   Or bring back Greg Lewis....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

We move on sadly, but boldly, without Joey Galloway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If no trades are made you'll probably see a rotation of Aiken, Tate (when he gets up to speed) and maybe Nunn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Was there ANY reason to keep Galloway?  Anyway, considering what happened in the Titans game, are we hurting that bad?  Looks like not!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it was said on pft.com that the Pats were possibly clearing some roster space "in case" a trade was made. With Galloway released, I believe Tate will be activated and spend his time back returning kick-offs/punts and then worked into the rotation as mbeaulieu07 suggests. Although I would like to see Nunn promoted, I am not sure this will happen. I think he will spend the rest of the year on the practice squad and reevaluate come 2010. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Matthews has also been cut.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Tully Banta -Cain would what's the story???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

okay with Galloway gon this means that the pats have two spots on there roster they will bring TBC back and they will sigh Brandon Tate and he could be the possible 3rd 4th WR I really like JE as the 3rd WR a good rookie has seemed to be like a mini wes welker with two welkers on the field the pats have a good combo coming

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

nothing is next.the players that were on the pup list will begin practiceing today.galloway and bantacains release made room for them.there could be another player released to bring back banta cain.im not exspecting the pats to trade for another player.the bad part with gallowway is the pats have to eat the 1.7 million.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Brandon Tate

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Remeber Dieon branch is still on the market if the patriots make a trade for anybody it will be Branch so everybody worried about the pats not having a 3rd WR Branch is still on the market and we have brandon tate so no worries JG did nothing for the pats he was a waste of our time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmoney. Show gmoney's posts

Has to mean that Brandon Tate is ready to come off PUP after the bye week...They released Galloway unconditionally as favor so he could hook up with someone else

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakie311. Show oakie311's posts

Moss, Welker and Edelman is what they are looking at.  I know it was the Titans but Brady sure felt confident with all 3 and I am sure that TB will have some words about keeping those 3 on the field.  Would you tell TB no after putting up those numbers last week in 34 minutes (give or take)????  I am more focused on what is going to happen with AT.... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This is housekeeping mostly and Banta-Cain is going to be resigned long term to a better cap friendly deal. They have some room on the roster besides that though so maybe a move happens. As far as Galloway I think that is to make room for Tate.
    Belichick and company just doing what they always do sending messages and making their team better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I am shocked! LOL

Tampa Bay in London is next...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

WEEI reported hes on the way to KC....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Terrence Nunn will NOT see the field, at least not in the near future.  Look the guy flashed some talent during the off-season/preseason, but the production we saw was against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  To ask a guy to go from preseason action against 3rd stringers, to our WR3 on game days is ridiculous.  I think Nunn's been a bit over hyped, he clearly has some talent but imo if the coaching staff really thought he could produce, he'd be on the active roster already.  I think Tate is a much better option, but it's tough for rookie WR's to really have an impact and this offense isn't easy to pick up, just look at how lost and timid Galloway was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't Tate goes immediately into the mix.  The kid's never played a down in the NFL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Galloway released...What's next?:
    [QUOTE]I think Tate is a much better option.Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Why? Nunn knows the offense and has been practicing since July. Tate has not even played football for a year, and does not know the offense at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

What a waste.  This guy could have helped the offense become so dynamic.  Gotta believe by the way Brady reacted that Galloway just wasn't giving it his all.  If it was an issue of where his talent level is at this age then I don't think they would have picked him up in the first place.  So three free agent busts on offense this year fellas.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

even if tate knows the offense...he has not been on the field to produce what he has learned.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ok..most of the chatter seems to be around Tate and Nunn, with a few Branch sitings. 

John Clayton on ESPN Dallas radio just reported that the Patriots have contacted several teams regarding a WR. not sure if this has legs, but worth watching.

Sections
Shortcuts