Galloway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Galloway

one week ago I posted that Galloway would be with the Pats.This to me is a better move than Fred Taylor. For the next 2 years Joey could open up the field to help both Moss and especially Welker. I would love this signing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Galloway

IF the pats were to sign a receiver in his 30,s, ID rather see tory holt come here.at least he is 5yrs younger,and has some talent left,and with brady,he could be the tory of the old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Galloway

Isn't he like 37?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Galloway

galloway is.at that age,we might as well bring back troybrown.im not one against older players,but 37 is pushing it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Galloway

The Pats let him leave the facility today which means they have no interest................BB has something up his sleeve on this third wr topic ..............stay tuned

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Galloway

If Tory Holt is released which is not a given at this point he would be a great fit in NE but would most likely go to a team like Indy where they would throw money at him or Philly.

"For the next 2 years Joey could open up the field to help both Moss and especially Welker."

For the next two years Joey might only play in like 4 games, he get hurt all the time and he is 37! if we are going to sign a 37 year old WR we should bring Troy Brown out of retirement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Galloway

I really think BB is going to draft a WR and to be more on teh ball I think he wants to draft either Brian Robiski out of The Ohio State U or Percy Harvin out of Florida State. I would rather we draft Robiski out of Ohio as he has the pedigree since his dad was a player an dis now a WR coach for the Falcons and he has everything we look for in a player. I like Percy but Chad Jackson kind of made me afraid to draft player from the Gators.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: Galloway

The Pats let him leave the facility today which means they have no interest................BB has something up his sleeve on this third wr topic ..............stay tuned
    Posted by EASON11
    Are you sure about that no interest!! Galloway signed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Galloway is an old, beat up guy.  That said, half his job is simply to run straight down the field.  If he draws double coverage, pay his salary every week.  If he draws single coverage, TB tosses him the ball away from the single defender.  If the defense plays him 20 yards deep, he immediately turns toward TB, catches the ball and runs 6-8 yards upfield.  Once a game Galloway has to go over the middle and maybe take a hit, but TB will lead him right so Galloway won't take too many.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

No way you can say Galloway is a better signing the Fred Taylor.  A hard hitting bruising RB is exactly what the Pats needed.   Galloway is way past his prime, but with Brady anything is possible.  I still see the Pats taking a shot at a young WR in the 2nd rd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

No need to choose....both players will help immensely. I'm having visions of 2007.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

I think if Galloway is truly healthy he will help a great deal. He really hasn't lost alot of speed as he has gotten older. Remember how D. Green of Redskins never did lose his speed even at 40. I'm not saying he will be all-pro, I just mean he could be pretty productive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I'll put a dollar on that BB knew before Galloway got a nickle. That the legs were still there. Remember Moss had lost the legs too.

From Projo.com
    Welker said new teammate
    Greg Lewis has been “great so far,” flashing his speed and running routes;

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Both Lewis and Galloway are faster than Gaffney,Galloway is a deep threat and Lewis is the route runner.It's pretty sad comment when Galloway comes out and says that he was the fastest player on the Bucs last year,tells me if anyone needs a fast player they need not look in Tampa Bay!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I think PF74 may be right on the money.  I live in Tampa now and also thought of the comparison between Green and Galloway.

He was the fastest guy on the Bucs when he arrived and was their best reciever in 05,06 and 07.

In o8 he was so deep in Gruden's dog house he didn't have a chance.  The talk here was Gruden was pissed that he wouldn't play injured.  I think its very possible this guy can still deliver. 

If Brady's 100% the Pat's might score 600 points this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Galloway may not be as fast as he was, but he runs good routes and has good hands. And really, either they double Moss and leave him one on one with a #2 CB, or they single Moss and he is great as a decoy. I still expect them to look at a WR in the draft, but not on the first day. Unless maybe they like Robiskie, but he would have to fall a bit, IMO. With Brady healthy and Moss and Welker on the field they don't need a superstar WR on the other side. I like the signing. It's not a huge cap hit, and there will be better competition in training camp at the least.

Sections
Shortcuts