Galloway?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Galloway?

Anyone ready to offer any insight to this other than what we've already heard?  I mean it has to be more than the fact that he's not learning/executing proper reads ..... is it?  Why waste the roster spot.  Is he nursing an injury?  

I'll start...I think because of this "Donald Hayes" effect and his inability to make the proper reads, he has been demoted.  Why he's still on the roster is insurance.  Insurance in case Moss, Welker, Edelman or Aiken go down.  I think he will be released when Tate is eligible to come off the PUP? list.  

If they had an able replacement he would have been cut by now.  That's my take.....Tate will be the guy.   

One more thought.....if he was designated ineligble for the Baltimore game only....I would ahve thought they were sending him a message.  But because it went to the Denver game...one has to wonder and it's why I have offered my opinion above. 

I think this important.....because that 2nd receiver....is the  guy who keeps the opposing defense honest.  Moss is Moss and Welker is a slot receiver.  The 3rd receiver is the  guy that can stretch the field and is what is lacking right now. 

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Re: Galloway?

You sound like a reasonable human being.

Not having that 3rd option is killing us. Oh yea, missing wide open receivers hurts too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Galloway?:
    Anyone ready to offer any insight to this other than what we've already heard?  I mean it has to be more than the fact that he's not learning/executing proper reads ..... is it?  Why waste the roster spot.  Is he nursing an injury?   I'll start...I think because of this "Donald Hayes" effect and his inability to make the proper reads, he has been demoted.  Why he's still on the roster is insurance.  Insurance in case Moss, Welker, Edelman or Aiken go down.  I think he will be released when Tate is eligible to come off the PUP? list.   If they had an able replacement he would have been cut by now.  That's my take.....Tate will be the guy.    One more thought.....if he was designated ineligble for the Baltimore game only....I would ahve thought they were sending him a message.  But because it went to the Denver game...one has to wonder and it's why I have offered my opinion above.  I think this important.....because that 2nd receiver....is the  guy who keeps the opposing defense honest.  Moss is Moss and Welker is a slot receiver.  The 3rd receiver is the  guy that can stretch the field and is what is lacking right now.  Thoughts?
    Posted by schwank

Ive said it before and I'll still say it. We need to give this guy a chance with our full offense(Welker) We played him out of position as a possession receiver when ww was out. Exactly what you said we need is the only thing Galloway has ever done...Keep the defense honest by stretching the field. I think we have egg on our face in a major way by deactivating this guy. Lets at least give him one chance to play against Titans(and there very beat up secondary) and see what he has. If he does not produce or at least be an effective field stretcher then we might as well use his roster spot for someone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

He is 40 something years old what the heck did you expect when you picked up another castoff from another team? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Agree completely. Please give him one more chance. He still is a deep threat and has put up explosive numbers in the past. He's not going to run across the middle, that's not his game. He stretches the field deep. With Welker there as the posession receiver and Randy and Galloway keeping D's honest this should be an explosive offense. Brady has been missing easy throws every week. Bring Galloway back and if he and Brady still can't get on the same page end the experiment once and for all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

I think Galloway is done. He does not have an injury...unless a bruised ego counts. I love a veteran player...especially one with gas in the tank..but Galloway is not the answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Play him next two games and then bring in Tate and see which one pans out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Galloway?:
    In Response to Galloway? : Ive said it before and I'll still say it. We need to give this guy a chance with our full offense(Welker) We played him out of position as a possession receiver when ww was out. Exactly what you said we need is the only thing Galloway has ever done...Keep the defense honest by stretching the field. I think we have egg on our face in a major way by deactivating this guy. Lets at least give him one chance to play against Titans(and there very beat up secondary) and see what he has. If he does not produce or at least be an effective field stretcher then we might as well use his roster spot for someone else.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I don't think there's really that much difference in what they were asking him to do. possession receiver and downfield threat are really styles of play, not different positions on the field.

I'm certainly no expert but if he's a down field type of guy, what's so hard about running routes? how many routes are there to downfield?

As far as keeping him here, I believe his $1.8 million is guaranteed, so why cut him? Have him clean up the locker room if nothing else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

Hes sitting b/c he's dropped down the depth chart and apparantly feel Edelman and Aikens contribute more, which they do(Aiken special teams), that's why.

They won't cut him b/c: a)if someone gets hurt, apparantly they're not comfortable enough with Nunn or whether or not Tate will play.    b)don't want the playbook floating around the rest of the season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

And C: They don't want the Jests signing him!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I keep hearing that a viable third option at wide receive will help cure the Pats' offensive woes.

Here's my question:

If the first option is open, and Brady can't hit him; and the second option is open, and Brady can't hit him; what difference would it make if we had Jerry Rice . . .   or Jerry Lewis . . .   as the third option, if Brady can't hit him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

I don't think there's really that much difference in what they were asking him to do. possession receiver and downfield threat are really styles of play, not different positions on the field.

I'm certainly no expert but if he's a down field type of guy, what's so hard about running routes? how many routes are there to downfield?

As far as keeping him here, I believe his $1.8 million is guaranteed, so why cut him? Have him clean up the locker room if nothing else.

Let me 1st state: Expert I am not. However, I believe the reason he isnt out there is because of his play recognition skills? We always hear that the Pats Offense reacts to whatever look they're giving by the defense. Watching the game, Galloway is simply late getting out his breaks and he constantly whiff when Brady expects him to break off his routes because of pressure/blitzes(Not that Brady could hit him with the way he's slingin' it, presently.). I'd say we all need to hope that Brandon Tate can come in and instantly contribute. Because from the looks of things Galloway is not made for this offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Galloway?:
    In Response to Re: Galloway? : I don't think there's really that much difference in what they were asking him to do. possession receiver and downfield threat are really styles of play, not different positions on the field. I'm certainly no expert but if he's a down field type of guy, what's so hard about running routes? how many routes are there to downfield? As far as keeping him here, I believe his $1.8 million is guaranteed, so why cut him? Have him clean up the locker room if nothing else.
    Posted by unclealfie

I suppose "playing him out of position" was not a good choice of words. Much like Maroney we are not using him to his strengths. At this point Joey has one strength which is to run a straight line as fast as he can and take a corner and hopefully a safety along for the ride. I figured this was the entire purpose of him being here in N.E. My point is he has never been a "Welker or Housh" type player. He does not break well he does not cut well but he does run fast.

Right now we have no threat of a deep game which allows  defenses to cheat on us all day long. Yeah Brady has missed a few balls but he is also doing things well considering we are 3-2 and he has 7 tds on the year. We need a deep threat(obviously a consistent run game as well) to keep defenses honest.

If Moss has the other teams best corner and a safety on him 90% of the time and Welker is covered then the other WR or TE should have at least a 1 on 1 match up. This has been happening but Edelman and Aiken either cant make a catch or are out of position. At least with Galloway you have 2 players with enough speed to get down field and open things up for some more 1 on 1s for WW and co. Then there is always the chance that Brady takes a shot down field to Joey or Moss and we actually have a BIG play for once.

Sections
Shortcuts