Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Gotta wonder if giving him the halftime shot in order to finish the game was a wise move? May have dcaused more damage. I miss Welker, tough to watch him pay off instantly for Manning.    

"Defense Wins Championships"

We might not have won otherwise. Amendola was critical for that win in the 2nd half and groin injures will almost always be 4-6 weeks to recover so in the end they got a win and didn't do any extra damage than what was already done at that point

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm guessing more like 6weeks for a guy like Amendola. Comes back too soon that injury will re-hash.

Pats need help .

Edelman being played the way he is will not last either. He will get hurt. Let's see how Dobson and Thompkins develop.

and please don't rush Gronk in to fix your mistakes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

What's next, FOx News is "solid", too? You can't be this dumb not knowing how the industry works these days.

Nope, just Jay Galzer.  Apparently you don't get out of your bubble much.  Glazer is solid, has broke many huge nuggets, and can not recall a time he was wrong.  Even the other major reporters/media sources gives him huge credit.  They are very careful not to step on his toes and they make sure they give him credit when he releases info.  They go beyond normal when giving him credit for breaking news. 

You are clearly uninformed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Nope, just Jay Galzer.  Apparently you don't get out of your bubble much.  Glazer is solid, has broke many huge nuggets, and can not recall a time he was wrong.  Even the other major reporters/media sources gives him huge credit.  They are very careful not to step on his toes and they make sure they give him credit when he releases info.  They go beyond normal when giving him credit for breaking news. 

You are clearly uninformed.

Rusty uninformed??? Noooooo...

LOL!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's so hard to watch QBs like Peyton Manning get play makers he can throw to.  Welker will have a big game and will make this news much harder to follow.  Hope Brady is not watching , Gisele will have hear him scream out " Why can't I get guys like that ! "

Believe it or not today I'll be cheering for the Giants , YUCK ! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I'm in the 4-6 week pool as well. Whether it's a sports hernia, abductor injury, groin injury, or some combination of the 3 (forgive my lack of medical knowledge), I see him being sidelined for some stretch of time. None of these injuries would indicate an end of his season, but he's going to need a good bit of time to heal up entirely. Don't want these nagging injuries to recur. 

Let's go Pats!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm with cynical and catfish on this one.

If DA can be healthy for the last half or third of the season and into the playoffs and he makes those catches in critical situations like WW seemed unable to do then it will have been worth it.

Lets see. 

Gronk should or may be back next weekend.

The rooks should get better as the season goes on.   Will they be playing like polished vets?  Ofcourse not.  They're still rookies and will be all season.  If they can contribute some each game and I think they will, great.

Vereen will be back in about ten weeks.

DA back in six weeks or less, hopefully.

I thought the thinking was that it's not how you start but how you finish this season.

You know, like Balt. last season and the Giants the season before.  Go into the last month and postseason fairly healthy.

Now everyone seems panicked.  Not willing to ride out the storm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm guessing more like 6weeks for a guy like Amendola. Comes back too soon that injury will re-hash.

Pats need help .

Edelman being played the way he is will not last either. He will get hurt. Let's see how Dobson and Thompkins develop.

and please don't rush Gronk in to fix your mistakes.

I had no idea you were such a  handwrining Sally. On the B's board you come off rational and normal.

Sad to see you brainwashed by the anti-BB media.  Scary, too.  Goebbels had a process he used in 1930s Germany.

PS Manning goes 1 and done every time outdoors in January, so who cares?

Let's see how Dobson and Thompkins do with more practice and reps. If not then you will really see an anti-BB media. I'm just disapponted with management .  I will be more than happy to eat crow come December and January.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I'm with cynical and catfish on this one.

If DA can be healthy for the last half or third of the season and into the playoffs and he makes those catches in critical situations like WW seemed unable to do then it will have been worth it.

Lets see. 

Gronk should or may be back next weekend.

The rooks should get better as the season goes on.   Will they be playing like polished vets?  Ofcourse not.  They're still rookies and will be all season.  If they can contribute some each game and I think they will, great.

Vereen will be back in about ten weeks.

DA back in six weeks or less, hopefully.

I thought the thinking was that it's not how you start but how you finish this season.

You know, like Balt. last season and the Giants the season before.  Go into the last month and postseason fairly healthy.

Now everyone seems panicked.  Not willing to ride out the storm.

No, if you look at it, it is really only a few people are panicked. They just like to start multiple threads (about ten or twenty each) declaring their panic!

And I'm with the majority on this one. You can't tell if it payed off till they get to the playoffs and see if Amendola can make the pressure catches Welker couldn't.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is silly.  I see a whole lot of people here trying to save face for being all in for watching Welker walk and Amendola joining the team.  This is exactly what I was afraid of.  An injured Amendola.  Who knows when he will be back.  Will this be a reoccurring injury?  Will he get injured again?  How long until he can get back in the groove after 4-6 weeks of being gone?  So we don't need him for Falcons, Bengals, Saints games?  Come on guys, this is crazy. 

I see many here have in a matter of 2 weeks gone from "this is why the team is the best every season" to "as long has we get hot in the playoffs." 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Are you disappointed Chia didn't sweeten the pot to bowl over Feaster when the Bs settled for Jagr over Iginla, to the point we lost the Cup because of it?

I was VERY disappointed.   Chia was embarrassed publicly and it cost them the Cup.

Jagr in no way whatsoever, whatsoever, was Bruins material. Ever. Not at age 25, not at age 41.

It's why Chia traded Kessel and now Seguin, too. Doesn't get much more disappointing that those kinds of things, does it?

The first sentence in your response is very rational and not a knee jerk response, so why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Who cares how I said things, you seem to take it personal if I bring up management or anyone else for that matter.  I believe it's much more than BB but that's a debate for another day (season).  Although there's a reason why I don't start my sentence with " I'm disappointed in BB."  When he's on the field he's among the best that have coached this game.

As for the Bruins let's leave them out of this board, here we should keep it to football.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

This is silly.  I see a whole lot of people here trying to save face for being all in for watching Welker walk and Amendola joining the team.  This is exactly what I was afraid of.  An injured Amendola.  Who knows when he will be back.  Will this be a reoccurring injury?  Will he get injured again?  How long until he can get back in the groove after 4-6 weeks of being gone?  So we don't need him for Falcons, Bengals, Saints games?  Come on guys, this is crazy. 

I see many here have in a matter of 2 weeks gone from "this is why the team is the best every season" to "as long has we get hot in the playoffs." 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Danny will get hurt and Wes will not.  Where is this written in stone?  Not wishing anything on WW but can you imagine if he had a season ending injury today?  At 32, could be career ending.  Again, I dont want to see anyone get hurt but why do people think this couldnt happen?

Wow, what a change this board would take.

My point is lets see who is playing in December and January.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yes, TFB. "Hot in the Playoffs", like the Ravens last year and the Giants the year before. How did starting out strong work for the 2007 Patriots?

Get this team healthy and they are certainly one of the best teams in the AFC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yeah, not looking good, but BB looked in the crystal ball and determined he couldn't stomach that Welker would drop another key catch in a key game a third year in row?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Until the Pats get a real GM, I'll just accept bad personnel decisions on a regular basis.  Bad drafting and FA's have been going on for years now.  No reason for me to expect anything different as long as the Pats have the same GM.

Such bad decisions that they have won the AFCE 10 out of the last 12 years.  What do you expect a SB every year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't blame BB for signing the china doll. And I don't blame BB for letting the choker walk. I blame him for otherwise leaving the cupboard bare with a few clueless rookies and china doll 2 as his master plan. Stupido!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Until the Pats get a real GM, I'll just accept bad personnel decisions on a regular basis.  Bad drafting and FA's have been going on for years now.  No reason for me to expect anything different as long as the Pats have the same GM.

Astonishingly, after YEARS of bad decisions, some here call him the greatest GM ever with a straight face. Madness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Stupido!

LOL, you just make that word up?