Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

The Payoff comes in the Post-Season.  If they win a SB, DA returns in Week 11 and stays healthy the payoff is huge.   If not ...

If DA returns in week 11 he'll be injured again in week 12.  If we want him for the postseason he'll have to come back in the final quarter of game 16.  Only half joking.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

if D.A. is out for six weeks or more, it was a bad move. Pats have gambled the season on him!

What if he is out for 6 weeks, comes back and helps the Pats win a SB?  Bad move?

What if he is our best receiver for the next 4 years, still a bad move?

What if WW retires next season, still a bad move?

D.A's history does not portend such happenings. WW is lb for lb the toughest player in the league.

WW is 32, this situation could certainly happen.  Where is it written in stone that WW cannot get injured?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

if D.A. is out for six weeks or more, it was a bad move. Pats have gambled the season on him!

What if he is out for 6 weeks, comes back and helps the Pats win a SB?  Bad move?

What if he is our best receiver for the next 4 years, still a bad move?

What if WW retires next season, still a bad move?

Exactly. I remember Moss playing through a separated shoulder in December 2009, McCourty with one in 2011, where it wasn't even listed on the injury report because they kept playing.

I always wondered how healthy Welker was at the end of these seasons, to be honest. Everyone admired his toughness, but at what cost in January?

Mankins?  2011. Torn ACL. We never heard about it until after the SB.

So, these morons you and I are slapping in these threads will play to the anti-BB media as long as they can.

This is just another example of it.

Good points, the week 2 panic button thing is getting old here. Especially at 2-0. Can you imagine if we lost one of these games to either the Bills or Jets?  The teams we are supposed to beat by 40 pts every time we play them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

What a great day to be outside...been gone all day...it was great...then I start this cyber machine and read the headline on Boston.com...ARGHHHHH...as soon as I saw it I knew this place would be a hornets nest...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

A lot better than Stephen HIll, a 2nd year 2nd rd bust in the making!

Dobson had a TD and other numerous catches.

Thompkins almost had a TD on a diving attempt and other catches as well.  Far from "horrioble".

You should really be more concerned with the amount of busts your team currently starts right now and either is irrelevant or overrated.

How is Coples doing?

A bust from last year as a subpackage player in the 1st rd in a position of need and now unable to play.

lmao

Yes, Queenie, Dobson had "other numerous catches", like two other?  I guess that two is actually "numerous".  Regardless, you're an idiot.  He had 3 total catches in 10 targets.  He blows. 

Hill had 4 catches  for "almost" 100 yards in 8 targets from a rookie QB in his second game.  Yep, Dobson was way better.  

What an idiot. 

He was open all night against your god awful secondary. Not bad for a rookie debut. 3 catches, over 50 yards and 1 TD is blowing?

What has Stephen Hill done by comparison?

lmao

Stephen Hill still can't run a route correctly and has more experience than Dobson.

Leave it you to compare a 1st time rookie WR who did not practice all week to a second year, probable bust that JEts fans can't stand, in Hill.

You're beyond delusional. Hill also fumbled which is what he does. He sucks.  Jets fans hate him so far.

So, what you're saying is that all time great Brady's tope WR Dobson had a heck of a game getting 50 yards on 3 catches catching 1/3 of the "catchable" balls thrown to him against an awful pass D, but Hill was awful catching 4 balls for 86 yards from a rookie QB playing against the NFLs top defense of the patsies?  

Queenie, do you have any clue what an idiot you are?

Hey Queenie, here's a nice little piece of history for you.  

Stephen Hill's first game as a pro, with "bust" Mark Sanchez throwing to him:

5 catches, 86 yards, two TDs.  I think that was the game where you first called him a bust.... oh wait, that was when the Jets drafted him that you called him a bust.  Moron.

Stephen Hill sucks and wasn't even on NE;s draft board. Dobson dropped one ball his entire senior season.

Case closed.

Yes, I am saying I am right in that Hill, who cannot catch consistently or run good routes, sucks.

Rolling out your QB to be able to get him the ball, only and ONLY in those situations, is why he sucks overall.

QBs rolling out to be able to hit those particlar WRs is a massive red flag for anyone who knows this game.

Do you see elite WRs or QBs rolling out constantly? No.

Counter argument FAIL.

So, rolling out is now a 'no no' in the NFL?  Idiot, idiot, idiot.  how about screen passes?  Ok or not?  QB sneaks?  Ok or not?  Hurry up offense?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Well...I guess this thread struck a nerve with some! In truth, I'd be much happier reporting that Danny is a pass receiving machine, rather than report that he is hurt again. But, facts are facts.

Does anybody know whether Danny and Ras-I have the same blood type? 

LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

A lot better than Stephen HIll, a 2nd year 2nd rd bust in the making!

Dobson had a TD and other numerous catches.

Thompkins almost had a TD on a diving attempt and other catches as well.  Far from "horrioble".

You should really be more concerned with the amount of busts your team currently starts right now and either is irrelevant or overrated.

How is Coples doing?

A bust from last year as a subpackage player in the 1st rd in a position of need and now unable to play.

lmao

Yes, Queenie, Dobson had "other numerous catches", like two other?  I guess that two is actually "numerous".  Regardless, you're an idiot.  He had 3 total catches in 10 targets.  He blows. 

Hill had 4 catches  for "almost" 100 yards in 8 targets from a rookie QB in his second game.  Yep, Dobson was way better.  

What an idiot. 

He was open all night against your god awful secondary. Not bad for a rookie debut. 3 catches, over 50 yards and 1 TD is blowing?

What has Stephen Hill done by comparison?

lmao

Stephen Hill still can't run a route correctly and has more experience than Dobson.

Leave it you to compare a 1st time rookie WR who did not practice all week to a second year, probable bust that JEts fans can't stand, in Hill.

You're beyond delusional. Hill also fumbled which is what he does. He sucks.  Jets fans hate him so far.

So, what you're saying is that all time great Brady's tope WR Dobson had a heck of a game getting 50 yards on 3 catches catching 1/3 of the "catchable" balls thrown to him against an awful pass D, but Hill was awful catching 4 balls for 86 yards from a rookie QB playing against the NFLs top defense of the patsies?  

Queenie, do you have any clue what an idiot you are?

Hey Queenie, here's a nice little piece of history for you.  

Stephen Hill's first game as a pro, with "bust" Mark Sanchez throwing to him:

5 catches, 86 yards, two TDs.  I think that was the game where you first called him a bust.... oh wait, that was when the Jets drafted him that you called him a bust.  Moron.

Stephen Hill sucks and wasn't even on NE;s draft board. Dobson dropped one ball his entire senior season.

Case closed.

Yes, I am saying I am right in that Hill, who cannot catch consistently or run good routes, sucks.

Rolling out your QB to be able to get him the ball, only and ONLY in those situations, is why he sucks overall.

QBs rolling out to be able to hit those particlar WRs is a massive red flag for anyone who knows this game.

Do you see elite WRs or QBs rolling out constantly? No.

Counter argument FAIL.

So, rolling out is now a 'no no' in the NFL?  Idiot, idiot, idiot.  how about screen passes?  Ok or not?  QB sneaks?  Ok or not?  Hurry up offense?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Report: Amendola has torn adductors, may have sports hernia

Posted by Josh Alper on September 15, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT Danny AmendolaAP

Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola missed Thursday night’s victory over the Jets and the outlook for his return is up in the air at the moment.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Amendola has torn adductor muscles in his hip and that he has received conflicting reports from two doctors about the nature of another injury. One doctor says that it is a sports hernia injury that requires surgery while the other one says that Amendola does not have a sports hernia.

Glazer reports that Amendola’s sending the results of tests to more doctors in hopes of settling the issue. If he does have surgery it would be somewhere around three or four weeks before he’d be recovered, but Glazer’s report indicates that he’ll be out at least another couple of weeks as a result of the adductor injury even if he doesn’t need an operation.

Julian Edelman caught 13 balls in Amendola’s stead on Thursday, but the Patriots’ passing game looked anything but smooth with Amendola and tight end Rob Gronkowski on the sideline.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/15/report-amendola-has-torn-adductors-may-have-sports-hernia/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Hey 

Would could you please trim the reply box down... I know rusty never will. Thank you the rest of the forum!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, usual Belichick haters on this thread. Too funny. Just too damn funny.

"Defense Wins Championships"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd be willing to bet if they hadn't paid him so much and if this wasn't the guy that was supposed to replace Welker, he'd be put on season ending IR. We shouldn't of signed this guy - Jeff Fisher must be laughing his balls off right now...Welker too - but what are you going to do? Sign Welker when we had the chance? Well, yeah.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts