Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

Amendola we hardly know thee.  I'm in the skeptic camp. And I do think it was a massive mistake to sign Amendola as the starting slot receiver. He doesn't help the team in his ongoing recovery from his ongoing injuries.  NFL Football is a brutal sport. Some can't play without constantly getting hurt and injured. Amendola is one injury plaqued dude. 

I'm hoping Gronk doesn't turn out to be one of the injury plagued as well. I'm not holding my breath for Amendola.  I do hope Gronk can stay on the field and comes back soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Amendola out for a long time... Pats can overcome. No problem.

If one of either Kelly or Wilfork gets hurt and has to sit out... that's when to panic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Amendola out for a long time... Pats can overcome. No problem.

If one of either Kelly or Wilfork gets hurt and has to sit out... that's when to panic.

Did you not watch the jets game??? We are already thin and extremely inexperienced at wr and now we just lost our best and most expierenced wr and you think we can overcome that with no problem? Again, see exhibit A, jets game.

And obv losing wilfork would also be devestating, but thats a non issue,  vince has played all 16 games in 7 of 9 seasons playing a total 140 out of a possilbe 146 games, the guy is as durable as they come.

No one doubts amendola's talent but everyone had their doubts about him being able to stay on the field. No one should be surprised that hes hurt, Horrible signing by bb.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know if he'll pay off but luckily the bills aren't due til January.  And frankly, the other guy, great as he is, wasn't exactly paying those January bills.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

New England Patriots: Danny Amendola Injury Possibly More Serious Than Originally Reported

COMMENTARY | What started as a simple one weekgroin injury may turn out to be more serious than anyone expected. A new report from NFL Network'sIan Rapoport, and subsequently reported by Luke Hughes at NESN.com, claims that the groin injury suffered by the New England Patriots' primary receiverDanny Amendola may keep him off the field between two and six weeks.

Amendola originally injured his groin in a preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Aug. 16., causing him to miss the next two preseason games. Amendola then reaggravated the injury during the Patriots' first regular season game against the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo, NY.

The injury could severely limit the Patriots on offense

It's doubtful that there is anyone in America more disappointed with the bad news than star Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady, who struggled mightily to find more than one quality receiver in his second regular season game victory over the New York Jets. In the absence of Amendola, coach Bill Belichick called on rookie receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins to assist veteran Julian Edelman.

After one 39 yard touchdown pass to Aaron Dobson from Tom Brady on a well-executed fake screen, the two receivers looked bewildered all night. Despite being targeted a combined 17 times, the two rookies managed to bring in a total of only 5 receptions for 103 yards. Unless Brady and Belichick can work their magic on the two young receivers, it's unlikely New England is going to be able to keep up with the Atlanta FalconsCincinnati Bengals or the New Orleans Saints in weeks four, five and six respectively.

Because both Dobson and Thompkins struggled running deep routes and more complicated plays, expect the Patriots to go back to the drawing board to produce more simplified routes for the two rookie receivers, to include more short passes and screen plays to running backs and to run the ball more frequently, especially in the red zone, where the Patriots failed to score in three trips.

The New England Patriots' next game is against theTampa Bay Buccaneers at 1 p.m. EST on Sunday, Sept. 22 at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA.

Don't agree with me? Tell me why I am wrong on Twitter @THATCelticsGuy

Justin Haskins is a New England native and a freelance journalist. He has been obsessively following Boston professional sports for 10 years and has been published in numerous online publications and websites.

Statistics provided by Pro-football-reference.com and ESPN.com.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/england-patriots-danny-amendola-injury-possibly-more-serious-222400183--nfl.html

I guess Glazer was on to something since two other major sources now writing the same thing.  I bet I could find more...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Amendola we hardly know thee.  I'm in the skeptic camp. And I do think it was a massive mistake to sign Amendola as the starting slot receiver. He doesn't help the team in his ongoing recovery from his ongoing injuries.  NFL Football is a brutal sport. Some can't play without constantly getting hurt and injured. Amendola is one injury plaqued dude. 

I'm hoping Gronk doesn't turn out to be one of the injury plagued as well. I'm not holding my breath for Amendola.  I do hope Gronk can stay on the field and comes back soon.

After the Ras-I experience, you would think that BB would have learned something about injury prone players. Guess not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TexasPat-   After the Ras-I experience, you would think that BB would have learned something about injury prone players. Guess not.

Exactly- In Amendola's short career he's been off the field- more than on. I grade his signing an F.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if he'll pay off but luckily the bills aren't due til January.  And frankly, the other guy, great as he is, wasn't exactly paying those January bills.

lol

Exactly.  Another PAts fan seeing the light with why Welker was done and it was the wise move.

[/QUOTE]

The light is probably the proverbial train. What a ludicrous statement!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

[QUOTE]

He was not signed to be the starting slot WR whatsoever. 

Please do your homework.  Welker compromised our offense by only being effective in the slot.

Amendola and Edelman now, are proven to be effective on the outside.

Gamble on Ed Reed not paying off for Houston.

[/QUOTE]

Correct. He was not signed to be the starting slot WR or any starting WR. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Stop positing repeat info with drama-infused garbage sourced from Glazer.

We were already told 4-6, so nothing is worse than originally reported from 2 days ago.

Are you people this stupid? JUst because Glazer frames his piece in a more dark tone, somehow something has changed?

Those are not major sources, dummy. They are also pickinng Glazer's sensationalized piece. Nothing has changed.  They're speculating on the injury.

Seek help.

4-6 weeks isa huge chunk of time especially given the fact he only played in 1 game. 

When you commit to paying Danny what we did, you commit to him being a centerpiece of the offense. Not EdElman. If Edelman was thought to be ce ter piece, they would have paid him like they paid Danny. Now bb is backed into a corner because his amendola investment didn't pan out as intended, his rooks are slow at picking things up, Gronk is still hurt and he has to feature a converted QB on offense as a WR. that is not a good thing, and to put any positive spin on it is simply being a bb koolaid drinker. 

i don't understand how you think that in any situation, Edelman as our #1 is a good thing. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stop positing repeat info with drama-infused garbage sourced from Glazer.

We were already told 4-6, so nothing is worse than originally reported from 2 days ago.

Are you people this stupid? JUst because Glazer frames his piece in a more dark tone, somehow something has changed?

Those are not major sources, dummy. They are also pickinng Glazer's sensationalized piece. Nothing has changed.  They're speculating on the injury.

Seek help.

4-6 weeks isa huge chunk of time especially given the fact he only played in 1 game. 

When you commit to paying Danny what we did, you commit to him being a centerpiece of the offense. Not EdElman. If Edelman was thought to be ce ter piece, they would have paid him like they paid Danny. Now bb is backed into a corner because his amendola investment didn't pan out as intended, his rooks are slow at picking things up, Gronk is still hurt and he has to feature a converted QB on offense as a WR. that is not a good thing, and to put any positive spin on it is simply being a bb koolaid drinker. 

i don't understand how you think that in any situation, Edelman as our #1 is a good thing. 

[/QUOTE]

Ah, how about he actually catches passes and doesn't drop punts?

Which is more important, Having a guy that stays on the field, all season long, but drops critical passes at critical times of big games. Or a guy that catches those passes but may not be there all year long?

I, for one, would rather have the guy that catches the ball in pressure situations but may not be there all year long. The reason being, if he is not on the field, someone else that does have dependable hands will take his place whereas the other, "durable", guy keeps the, not quite as talented but more dependable, good hands guy off the field.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

New England Patriots: Danny Amendola Injury Possibly More Serious Than Originally Reported

COMMENTARY | What started as a simple one weekgroin injury may turn out to be more serious than anyone expected. A new report from NFL Network'sIan Rapoport, and subsequently reported by Luke Hughes at NESN.com, claims that the groin injury suffered by the New England Patriots' primary receiverDanny Amendola may keep him off the field between two and six weeks.

Amendola originally injured his groin in a preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Aug. 16., causing him to miss the next two preseason games. Amendola then reaggravated the injury during the Patriots' first regular season game against the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo, NY.

The injury could severely limit the Patriots on offense

It's doubtful that there is anyone in America more disappointed with the bad news than star Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady, who struggled mightily to find more than one quality receiver in his second regular season game victory over the New York Jets. In the absence of Amendola, coach Bill Belichick called on rookie receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins to assist veteran Julian Edelman.

After one 39 yard touchdown pass to Aaron Dobson from Tom Brady on a well-executed fake screen, the two receivers looked bewildered all night. Despite being targeted a combined 17 times, the two rookies managed to bring in a total of only 5 receptions for 103 yards. Unless Brady and Belichick can work their magic on the two young receivers, it's unlikely New England is going to be able to keep up with the Atlanta FalconsCincinnati Bengals or the New Orleans Saints in weeks four, five and six respectively.

Because both Dobson and Thompkins struggled running deep routes and more complicated plays, expect the Patriots to go back to the drawing board to produce more simplified routes for the two rookie receivers, to include more short passes and screen plays to running backs and to run the ball more frequently, especially in the red zone, where the Patriots failed to score in three trips.

The New England Patriots' next game is against theTampa Bay Buccaneers at 1 p.m. EST on Sunday, Sept. 22 at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA.

Don't agree with me? Tell me why I am wrong on Twitter @THATCelticsGuy

Justin Haskins is a New England native and a freelance journalist. He has been obsessively following Boston professional sports for 10 years and has been published in numerous online publications and websites.

Statistics provided by Pro-football-reference.com and ESPN.com.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/england-patriots-danny-amendola-injury-possibly-more-serious-222400183--nfl.html

I guess Glazer was on to something since two other major sources now writing the same thing.  I bet I could find more...

Wasn't Glazer the guy that wrote Gronk still had an infection in his arm and if they found it when they went in to replace the old plate they were going to amputate or something and all the media outlets jumped all over it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I realize that I am the epitome of optimism here, but you know what?  Before I declare this guy a waste and a bust and a mistake and whatever other negative connotation we can hang on him, I'd like to get a reasonable grasp of the facts.  What I know is the guy missed the Jets game with a groin injury.  I'll wait and see for the rest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I realize that I am the epitome of optimism here, but you know what?  Before I declare this guy a waste and a bust and a mistake and whatever other negative connotation we can hang on him, I'd like to get a reasonable grasp of the facts.  What I know is the guy missed the Jets game with a groin injury.  I'll wait and see for the rest.

That's pretty plain and simple.  Really can't argue with that.  That is as simplified as it can get.  Well done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Steven Jackson, Roddy White, Jammal Charles, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Lacy, DeAndre Hopkins, Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Johnson and Brandon Weeden were just some of the players to get hurt in Weeks 1 & 2.  

Why these teams gambled on these players I'll never know...

See how dumb that sounds?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

After the Ras-I experience, you would think that BB would have learned something about injury prone players. Guess not.

it's all about "value"...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Steven Jackson, Roddy White, Jammal Charles, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Lacy, DeAndre Hopkins, Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Johnson and Brandon Weeden were just some of the players to get hurt in Weeks 1 & 2.  

To be fair a lot of those teams have other key players.  Nothing like a group of inexperienced rookies.  Apples and Oranges.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

To be fair a lot of those teams have other key players.  Nothing like a group of inexperienced rookies.  Apples and Oranges.

Injuries happen to everyone, to every team, they are the great equalizer in all sports.  The average career of an NFL football player is three years, no other sport has such a high washout rate.  This isn't tennis.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

All we can do is go on from here. Mistake or no mistake, we have Amendola and we need to make the best of it. It is all part of the journey, we might as well enjoy it. There may be some lesson or "greater good" that will come from it.