Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

You have to make the playoffs to compete for a SB, they do almost every year.

Thanks to the GOAT QB.

Because we all know, without him, BB is 0 fer 2 in the making the playoffs category as the Pats head honcho.

Say, didn't Bledsoe have just a little to do with that AFC championship victory against Pittsburgh in 2001?  I can't say for sure, but I do believe he might have thrown a crucial TD in that game.  You know, the game that allowed TB to even have a shot at that first Super Bowl?  So maybe TB would have one less Super Bowl victory if not for Mr. Bledsoe.  It takes a team my friend.  I also think TB has a lot to thank BB for.  I'm not sure he has all of this success without him. 

Sorry, but I think I've gone off on a tangent.  Isn't this supposed to be about Amedola?  That's right.  As I said earlier...let's just wait and see how this all turns out at the end of the season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

if D.A. is out for six weeks or more, it was a bad move. Pats have gambled the season on him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

if D.A. is out for six weeks or more, it was a bad move. Pats have gambled the season on him!

What if he is out for 6 weeks, comes back and helps the Pats win a SB?  Bad move?

What if he is our best receiver for the next 4 years, still a bad move?

What if WW retires next season, still a bad move?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Dude, what NAS, TFB12, Babe and their loser group try to do is come in here and troll, deflecting from any  time Brady underperforms whether it be in Buffalo last week or at times on Thursday night with some wild throws or poor decisions, etc.

The scapegoats for that now are the rookie WRs. TCal just called Thompkins and Dobson "pukkes" in another thread.

You may be new here, but be prepared for phony Pats fans who are really only unhealthy Brady lovers.

Sorry, seems that many football experts seem to agree with us too.  Heck, the announcer just said during the Chargers game that with the way the Patriots are struggling they probably wish they still had Woodhead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

What if he is out for 6 weeks, comes back and helps the Pats win a SB?  Bad move?

D.A's history does not portend such happenings. WW is lb for lb the toughest player in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Stupido!

LOL, you just make that word up?

My Italian relatives use it all the time . . . 

Das Gut mez amigo bonne journee

Puede de dumbkoff ser verboten forever!

LOL, ok Babe, I got the dumb, forbidden and forever, how's that latin word fit in?

May the dumbkoff be banned forever!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Dude, what NAS, TFB12, Babe and their loser group try to do is come in here and troll, deflecting from any  time Brady underperforms whether it be in Buffalo last week or at times on Thursday night with some wild throws or poor decisions, etc.

The scapegoats for that now are the rookie WRs. TCal just called Thompkins and Dobson "pukkes" in another thread.

You may be new here, but be prepared for phony Pats fans who are really only unhealthy Brady lovers.

Sorry, seems that many football experts seem to agree with us too.  Heck, the announcer just said during the Chargers game that with the way the Patriots are struggling they probably wish they still had Woodhead.

Well yeah, any GM worth his salt wouldn't have relied on rookies so much. We are forgetting that he also let Lloyd go. He needed to bring in another veteran that was going to stick and he didn't. Duh.

And what the hell is he doing about it right now? NOTHING as far as we know. Tons of experienced guys out there for the taking and BB sits on his hands.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

They were horrible.  Imagine if they played for the Jets.  Without a doubt you would be calling them busts.  Good thing BB dumped Lloyd, Ocho & Welker.

Truly, he would be mocking the jets to no end if the tables were turned, and laughing at the GM as incompetent. No doubt whatsoever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

You have to make the playoffs to compete for a SB, they do almost every year.

Thanks to the GOAT QB.

Because we all know, without him, BB is 0 fer 2 in the making the playoffs category as the Pats head honcho.

Say, didn't Bledsoe have just a little to do with that AFC championship victory against Pittsburgh in 2001?  I can't say for sure, but I do believe he might have thrown a crucial TD in that game.  You know, the game that allowed TB to even have a shot at that first Super Bowl?  So maybe TB would have one less Super Bowl victory if not for Mr. Bledsoe.  It takes a team my friend.  I also think TB has a lot to thank BB for.  I'm not sure he has all of this success without him. 

Sorry, but I think I've gone off on a tangent.  Isn't this supposed to be about Amedola?  That's right.  As I said earlier...let's just wait and see how this all turns out at the end of the season.

I haven't written much here over the years, up until recently, but believe me I am very familiar with the different personalities and what they generally bring to the table.  I try not to get too caught up in that though and prefer just to discuss the issues.

Believe me, I am all for supporting our rookie players and giving them the time that they need to develop.  I find it funny that people are so quick to write them off.  Similarly, it's funny to see how quickly people are ready to call the Amendola signing a huge mistake.  Seems to me, we need to see how it all unfolds.  As someone else wrote earlier...what happens if he goes on to have an overall successful history with the Patriots and WW ends up having a career-ending injury at some point?  None of us knows the future.  We just have to see what happens.  BB's successful history tells me that it is more reasonable to expect success than failure regarding his decisions for this team.  I'm just here for the ride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

D.A's history does not portend such happenings. WW is lb for lb the toughest player in the league.

I agree he is a warrior, just lets cool our jets it's only week 2

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

If Amendola doesn't play for 4-6 weeks and comes back there is no guarantee that he won't be injured again before the playoffs. 

He's missed 21 out of his last 34 games prior to coming to New England. Now he's 22 out of 35.

BB knew that before letting WW go so if his injury trend continues any blame goes to BB.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts