Game Ball Goes to Logan Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Game Ball Goes to Logan Ryan

Rookie Ryan provides spark: What changed for the Patriots' defense in the second half? Several things, but it was a personnel switch that mostly caught our attention as rookie cornerback Logan Ryan was inserted into the game in nickel packages after not playing in the first half. Ryan's blindside strip sack of Tannehill set up the game-tying touchdown. Ryan later showed up with a pass breakup and quarterback sack. Ryan has been a playmaker for the team, as last week he had a 79-yard interception return for a touchdown. 

He got intangibles like Nink not great talent but has nose for making great plays. He rose to the occasion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetsbarf. Show jetsbarf's posts

Re: Game Ball Goes to Logan Ryan

It should...he played great..sacks and pressure, passes defended...great game for any DB but especially the rook....looks like we DID NOT waste a 3rd rounder on him..Harmon made a great play too...go Rutgers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Logan Ryan deserves this game ball. Excited to see how his play evolves over the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Where are all the doom and gloomers?

He has really made an impact recently. Solid so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really liked Ryan's play today.  Wish he was on the field sooner.

Nink gets a bad rap around here but he is one of my favorite players.  Thought he did very well today also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Nink is a beast. He always seems to make a play when the Pats need it most. Some players just have that magic and he has it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nink is a beast. He always seems to make a play when the Pats need it most. Some players just have that magic and he has it.

[/QUOTE]

Thats why I love Nink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i only call Nink Vrabel . thats exactly who he is

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I was mocked here 6 months ago trying to be polite with respect to Vrabel calling Nink "Vrabel Junior" and the trolls tried to imply I was saying Nink is Vrabel.

IMagine if the league favored defenses in this era like when Vrabel played? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I think Vrabel Jr. is veru fitting. We just need him to catch a TD or two!

Oh, the days when defenses could actually play without the fear of yellow flags raining down for tackling a player...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Vrabel Jr. is veru fitting. We just need him to catch a TD or two!

Oh, the days when defenses could actually play without the fear of yellow flags raining down for tackling a player...

[/QUOTE]

seriously... lol so damn true

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

good thread but give proper literary credit to whatever source you took the original post from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick can't draft cornerbacks though...

He was highly rated on Wozzy's Draft Guide.

Boom!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick can't draft cornerbacks though...

He was highly rated on Wozzy's Draft Guide.

Boom!

[/QUOTE]

I think he just learned to pick CBs like Dennard when, from 06-11, he went for guys like Asante. The only difference between Dennard and Ryan is about 15 pounds. Otherwise, they're the same style of players. Slow, physical cover corners. Will be nice to see Talib, Dennard and Ryan on the field at once when Talib comes back. I think Ryan may be able to hold his own against Welker when we face Denver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he just learned to pick CBs like Dennard when, from 06-11, he went for guys like Asante. The only difference between Dennard and Ryan is about 15 pounds. Otherwise, they're the same style of players. Slow, physical cover corners. Will be nice to see Talib, Dennard and Ryan on the field at once when Talib comes back. I think Ryan may be able to hold his own against Welker when we face Denver.

[/QUOTE]

The "Belichick can't draft corners" bit was sarcasm, sorry, I was a bit toasty last night post game and it is kind of a self serving post.

I don't think he has a "type" other than good football players, it's the nature of the draft that GM's only hit on 30% or fewer of their picks.  That is my junk science estimate but it jives with the washout rate of players who don't make it for one reason or the other.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I was very high on this kid leading up to the 2013 draft due to his versatility (multiple coverage responsibilities / frequently utilize in blitz packages) and ability to make plays on the football (31 PBU, 7 INT's, 11.5 TFL,  2 FF and 1 QB hurry)... good to see that he's living up to some of those abilities when given extended PT!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rookie Ryan provides spark: What changed for the Patriots' defense in the second half? Several things, but it was a personnel switch that mostly caught our attention as rookie cornerback Logan Ryan was inserted into the game in nickel packages after not playing in the first half. Ryan's blindside strip sack of Tannehill set up the game-tying touchdown. Ryan later showed up with a pass breakup and quarterback sack. Ryan has been a playmaker for the team, as last week he had a 79-yard interception return for a touchdown. 

He got intangibles like Nink not great talent but has nose for making great plays. He rose to the occasion.

[/QUOTE]

Ive liked Ryan from Day one. Harmon seems to be ok when he gets in. Tavon Wilson isnt even a good special teamer. You win some u lose some

I thought it was funny how they showed the Center calling out # 26 as the blitzer and he still came free untouched!  Great play that changed momentum. He needs to stay out the doghouse so he can contribute. Same for Ridley it seems. Why bench your best runner? Was he caught in the hen house w/ BB's plaything?  I mean you gotta do whats best for the team , no?

Sections
Shortcuts