GAME BALLS!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

GAME BALLS!!!

Welp! You wont see Welker on this list.  :)

I cant remember a more satisfying, gratifying win that started that BAD....Wow., These games are exciting but I would rather have less drama, you know what im saying (chip kelly voice)

On top of it being a enjoyable Game and Great Win that was very important , It was also a crossroads for a couple players. "See ya at the crossroads, so you wont be lonely"

I want to start by saying we caught a huge break with Julius Thomas not playing and I dont know how the H3ll Dennard suited up for this one but he gets a game ball just for that. He held up ok until giving way to Logan Ryan who I had full confidence in shutting down Decker which I mentioned in my keys to the game last week(Decker is overated and Logan is UP and COMING). Gonna have a real solid cast with Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan. I thought the back end of the secondary played great cuz Manning didnt go deep much all game. Ridley Once again tried to lose a game for us and started a rolling snowball effect for our offense that we almost didnt recover from.

I think all the advertisy we have faced so far this year prepared us to come back from 24 down. We never panicked and took it one score at a time. I cant say im not worried about our Run D but I know it was by design and you gotta concede something. So Here are my Game balls!

Tom Brady - 36-50 for 344 and 3 TDs and NO Picks. yea you wont see rusty today. Awesome Game by the Gunslinger who was throwing darts in 20 mph winds!! G.O.A.T. Nuff said

Julian Edleman - In a game where everyone was looking to see how Amendola would compare to Welker, This guy who is playing on a 1 million dollar deal stole the show with over 100 yards and 2 scores. He provided some big plays this offense needed and was solid in punt returns not muffing any punts.

Shane Vareen - What can I say about this guy. Playing with a soft cast that restricts him, he is still making big, clutch catches for this team. I will give him a pass for missing the 2 over the shoulder ones the last 2 games because he is playing with a cast. One catch he had to tip it with his bad hand to his good one and secured it. This guy is Electric when Healthy and makes this offense dynamic and Bradys job easy.

Gronk - Well as Texaspat would say, Gronk was Gronkulating. Was huge and could not be covered.

Kenbrell Thompkins - Released from witness protection just in time and provided a nice posession option for Brady. It seems the focus was on him more than Dobson this game and his ability to run routes and work the intermediate part of the field and came up big and had no drops.

Devin McCourty  - Bounced back from a supbar game and steadied the back end as I dont recall seeing him ALL GAME. That means he was doing his job back there and Peyton hardly ever looked to go deep.

Dane Fletcher - Came in during the game and steadied the run D and playcalling with the green dot. Showed an ability to get inside the blockers and make plays in the backfield. Was huge and also caused a big fumble that was necesarry for coming back.

Logan Ryan - Held Decker in check like I knew he could. Had a great INT and is turning into a playmaker out there when some thought he was just another guy. Good Pick so far.

Duds-  Ridley, HIghtower, Vellano, Jone,(sorry but they were gashed) and where was Soap?! I gave Blount a pass cuz he got knocked out. Solder almost made the list but rebounded in the 2nd half with some steady play.

I said it after the 1st few weeks. DONT TALK TO ME! Adversity is a good thing and we got plenty of gut check wins to make some noise in playoffs. So WHO?? Who is gonna Stop US?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: GAME BALLS!!!

Good summary.   I agree on all.  Collins looked pretty good too for someone who rarely sees the field.  The strip on WW was huge cause Del Rio said postgame he would have tried the field goal if the catch was made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good summary.   I agree on all.  Collins looked pretty good too for someone who rarely sees the field.  The strip on WW was huge cause Del Rio said postgame he would have tried the field goal if the catch was made.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yea cant forget to Shout out Wes Welker for staying true to form and choking in the end by not fielding the punt and allowing it to hit a bronco and avoid a possible tie or loss. I was pretty drained by that point but THAT woke me right UP! HUGE WIN!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The entire secondary gets my nod.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The entire secondary gets my nod.

[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Good point about Soap. Saw him in there in first half and not much after that. Don't know if he is hurt but he had to be a better option than Vellano against the run. I would like to see AJ Francis get a shot from the practice squad. He is a bigger option than Vellano. He can't do much worse

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good point about Soap. Saw him in there in first half and not much after that. Don't know if he is hurt but he had to be a better option than Vellano against the run. I would like to see AJ Francis get a shot from the practice squad. He is a bigger option than Vellano. He can't do much worse

[/QUOTE]

Yea I hope he didnt get hurt. I know he wasnt setting the world on fire but he atleast was able to hold his ground. On most of those runs, they were just getting blown off the ball. I was kind of sick in my guts watching us get gashed over and over. IN the playoffs, Its gonna need to be adressed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The TEAM did not give up!!!! All deserve game balls!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Ebner!  Heads up play by him that put the ball back in the Patriots hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

and you never gave up on them!! you and Irish are the only ones who kept the faith on the game thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and you never gave up on them!! you and Irish are the only ones who keep the faith.

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I didn't have my moments, but, the game lasts 60 minutes and the Pats weren't really looking that bad at all save for those 3 consecutive turn overs. Denver was not running roughshod on them on every possession. It was just a matter of time before they got it together and they did!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree re: Collins.  Kid was given an opportunity and seemed to me he took advantage of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and you never gave up on them!! you and Irish are the only ones who keep the faith.

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I didn't have my moments, but, the game lasts 60 minutes and the Pats weren't really looking that bad at all save for those 3 consecutive turn overs. Denver was not running roughshod on them on every possession. It was just a matter of time before they got it together and they did!!!

[/QUOTE]

I dont know how you guys do it. Im sure there is too much negativity for me to ever comment on the game thread. Thx for keeping the faith. I was p*ssed after 14-0, There arent words for how I felt after 24-0, but I always had a good feeling if we stopped giving it away. and yes the Team minus a couple deserved Game Balls!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree re: Collins.  Kid was given an opportunity and seemed to me he took advantage of it.

[/QUOTE]

Wish he wouldve got a shot vs Carolina. We may have another win. Did you see what Miami was able to do with Cam  simply because they had some fast, athletic players on D. He was running for his life and we had to play on eggshells. Collins needs to be out there justifying his high pick. He def. has the skills to help. Good to see

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

At halftime I was pissed thought we were doing a pretty good jets impersonation, told myself will watch the third quarter before crashing, so glad I did. My game ball goes to our special teams, thought Allen handled bad snaps and kicked well in the conditions used to be down on gostowski but he has proved me wrong all year. Great finish. I think my faith dipped a few times last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tg19pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At halftime I was pissed thought we were doing a pretty good jets impersonation, told myself will watch the third quarter before crashing, so glad I did. My game ball goes to our special teams, thought Allen handled bad snaps and kicked well in the conditions used to be down on gostowski but he has proved me wrong all year. Great finish. I think my faith dipped a few times last night.

[/QUOTE]

My Bad, thx. Yes Ryan Allen did a  masterful job. I recall that snap that was low and away and he handled it well. I cant believe we almost saw a tie if not for Wes Welker. I had thought maybe the game would play out Edleman having to cover Wes but he in fact Stole the Show and outdid Wes and made his coach look good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Only 1 game ball, and it goes to Tom Brady. 330 yards 3 tds in conditions that made Peyton hand it off 40 times.Tom Brady is the best there is.

Runner up is Julian, as he had the hest game of his career. Automatic handling punts in terrible conditions. I also loved seeing his veteran poise after he caught the 1st td and was telling his teammates to calm down and stay focused! Typical BB player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welp! You wont see Welker on this list.  :)

I cant remember a more satisfying, gratifying win that started that BAD....Wow., These games are exciting but I would rather have less drama, you know what im saying (chip kelly voice)

On top of it being a enjoyable Game and Great Win that was very important , It was also a crossroads for a couple players. "See ya at the crossroads, so you wont be lonely"

I want to start by saying we caught a huge break with Julius Thomas not playing and I dont know how the H3ll Dennard suited up for this one but he gets a game ball just for that. He held up ok until giving way to Logan Ryan who I had full confidence in shutting down Decker which I mentioned in my keys to the game last week(Decker is overated and Logan is UP and COMING). Gonna have a real solid cast with Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan. I thought the back end of the secondary played great cuz Manning didnt go deep much all game. Ridley Once again tried to lose a game for us and started a rolling snowball effect for our offense that we almost didnt recover from.

I think all the advertisy we have faced so far this year prepared us to come back from 24 down. We never panicked and took it one score at a time. I cant say im not worried about our Run D but I know it was by design and you gotta concede something. So Here are my Game balls!

Tom Brady - 36-50 for 344 and 3 TDs and NO Picks. yea you wont see rusty today. Awesome Game by the Gunslinger who was throwing darts in 20 mph winds!! G.O.A.T. Nuff said

Julian Edleman - In a game where everyone was looking to see how Amendola would compare to Welker, This guy who is playing on a 1 million dollar deal stole the show with over 100 yards and 2 scores. He provided some big plays this offense needed and was solid in punt returns not muffing any punts.

Shane Vareen - What can I say about this guy. Playing with a soft cast that restricts him, he is still making big, clutch catches for this team. I will give him a pass for missing the 2 over the shoulder ones the last 2 games because he is playing with a cast. One catch he had to tip it with his bad hand to his good one and secured it. This guy is Electric when Healthy and makes this offense dynamic and Bradys job easy.

Gronk - Well as Texaspat would say, Gronk was Gronkulating. Was huge and could not be covered.

Kenbrell Thompkins - Released from witness protection just in time and provided a nice posession option for Brady. It seems the focus was on him more than Dobson this game and his ability to run routes and work the intermediate part of the field and came up big and had no drops.

Devin McCourty  - Bounced back from a supbar game and steadied the back end as I dont recall seeing him ALL GAME. That means he was doing his job back there and Peyton hardly ever looked to go deep.

Dane Fletcher - Came in during the game and steadied the run D and playcalling with the green dot. Showed an ability to get inside the blockers and make plays in the backfield. Was huge and also caused a big fumble that was necesarry for coming back.

Logan Ryan - Held Decker in check like I knew he could. Had a great INT and is turning into a playmaker out there when some thought he was just another guy. Good Pick so far.

Duds-  Ridley, HIghtower, Vellano, Jone,(sorry but they were gashed) and where was Soap?! I gave Blount a pass cuz he got knocked out. Solder almost made the list but rebounded in the 2nd half with some steady play.

I said it after the 1st few weeks. DONT TALK TO ME! Adversity is a good thing and we got plenty of gut check wins to make some noise in playoffs. So WHO?? Who is gonna Stop US?!

[/QUOTE]

agree with all but would also defintely give a game ball to Duron Harmon. Excellent safety play, hit like a brick sh1thouse, and led the team in tackles with 11.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have to say, even if he isn't great at anything (except returning punts) I am immeasurably impressed with Edelman's athleticism. The guy just can do anything athletic reasonably well it seems. In that regard, he is a phenom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to say, even if he isn't great at anything (except returning punts) I am immeasurably impressed with Edelman's athleticism. The guy just can do anything athletic reasonably well it seems. In that regard, he is a phenom.

[/QUOTE]

Well that and BB has turned him to a very good receiving option in our system. He has shown improvement in catching the ball and route running. I think he is currently 4rth in receptions in the league as a rotational player. I'd say that is pretty "great".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

At my houshold all we were talking about at halftime was the way the Pats came back last year vs the 49'ers.  And guess what..........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Coaching staff and GM get my game balls, followed by the entire team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

agree with a lot of you guys... we are becoming a tough team.

Injuries, bad calls, adversity in general is good for a team that can overcome it.

We are heading into the playoffs like the team nobody will like to face.

+ the Nasty weather will be our friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Coaching staff and GM get my game balls, followed by the entire team.

[/QUOTE]

Def. a great coaching job as well but almost to be expected. Was I the only one nervous about BB taking the wind after seeing the Broncos rip off 2 first downs on the ground?? Wow, luckilly it all worked out but BB's decisions sometimes dont seem smart till' later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well that and BB has turned him to a very good receiving option in our system. He has shown improvement in catching the ball and route running. I think he is currently 4rth in receptions in the league as a rotational player. I'd say that is pretty "great".

[/QUOTE]

The 23 top receivers in the league have more or are within 3 catches of him. So he is up there with the big boys, but his yards per are among the lowest of them. He is actually tied for 11th - 13th in catches atm.

I agree. That's pretty great for a guy who has been a backup his whole career until now. I'm impressed with his stepping up, and I'm especially impressed that he has remained uninjured.

The two TDs in yesterday's game put him on the map in that regard as well.

Sections
Shortcuts