Game Chat, Pats vs Titans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans

soak?

sink?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

6 INTs, is it possible that the Bills players want to win more than their coach.....absolutely

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think it's worth asking here;

Is it wise, from a coaching standpoint, to gear your team to peak in week 2?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans:
    [QUOTE]No. I certainly didn't expect 59-0, and anyone that tells you they did is likely being something in the neighborhood of disingenuous. But you can't have it both ways. Last week, you were trying to convince us that the Colts victory over Tennessee was a watershed moment and that the Titans were far better than their record indicated. Now, today, you want to denigrate the Pats' win by claiming that suddenly, the cumulative effect of going 0-5 (as opposed to 0-4) has made the Titans soft. I'm not buying that and it is not painting you in a very flattering light trying to sell it.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to denigrate the pats.  Forgive me if my comments caused you to think that way.  Please savor your 59 point win. 

Lets make a deal.  You don't tell me how great the pats are now and I won't tell you that prior circumstances may have had something to do with the titans not showing up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans : Honestly, I don't really care because I dont' take what you are saying seriously. In the span of one week, one week, the Titans have gone from a team that you were counting as a "playoff" team on the Colts' schedule, and now they are a defeated unit, and anyone would score a bunch of points on them. Stop and think about how you present yourself here. People remember the things you say.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    I thought they were a better team until the colts beat them so easily.  I really did.  I did not expect the colts to win as easily as they did.

people remember what I say, because I am one of the few dissenting voices. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's worth asking here; Is it wise, from a coaching standpoint, to gear your team to peak in week 2?

I think he is realistic. The Jets have some talent, but not enough to be legit SB contenders. Hence, he tries to get them stoked for important divisional games.

It is kind of bush league.

I wish NE were playing then, like they are now, because they would have won that one. Even if they played like they did last week.

The Jets game saw so many missed opportunities.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans : I thought they were a defeated unit after the colts beat them so easily.  I did not expect the colts to win as easily as they did. people remember what I say, because I am one of the few dissenting voices. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

So again. To recover.

They were a great 0-4 team. But now they are a terrible 0-6 team?

I choose the more logical option.

They have been terrible since the last quarter of last season. Like I said.

They are that bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It is o-v-a. The Bills didn't want it less than the Jets didn't want it.

Pats are back on top of the division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ryan Lindell ! Not this century's Scott Norword !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans : I wasn't trying to denigrate the pats.  Forgive me if my comments caused you to think that way.  Please savor your 59 point win.  Lets make a deal.  You don't tell me how great the pats are now and I won't tell you that prior circumstances may have had something to do with the titans not showing up. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

See, this is why you're a deuschebag, underdogg.

I never pointed at this victory as being indicative in any way of the Pats being "great." I've been saying all week and reiterating today that the Titans blow and the Pats should beat them, and that only if the Pats lose does the game have any real meaning.

But because that doesn't fit into what you've already decided is the truth, you choose to put words in my mouth to make yourself look less like a fool than you normally do.

Backpedal all you like.

Your original take is bullsh*t and your semantic shenanigans merely expose the fact that, if you're armed at all, you certainly don't have any ammunition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]It is o-v-a. The Bills didn't want it less than the Jets didn't want it. Pats are back on top of the division.

This is hilarious.

The Bills didn't want it less . . .

I smell a Postie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

How's that Super Bowl working out for the Jets?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans : See, this is why you're a deuschebag, underdogg. I never pointed at this victory as being indicative in any way of the Pats being "great."

I think that is the general tenor of the board. At least this thread. Amusement at how terrible the Titans are as a unit.

Still, the positive I pull out of this is that NE didn't miss any opportunities to hit the open man, or score in the redzone. That is a plus, because that is what really plagued them the first few games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans : This is hilarious. The Bills didn't want it less . . . I smell a Postie.

Hah, if by postie you mean post-anything, not really.

But I do believe in the negation of the negation.

Food for thought:

Is filthy Sanchez gearing up for a run at Favre's Jets' INT record?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Chat, Pats vs Titans : So again. To recover. They were a great 0-4 team. But now they are a terrible 0-6 team? I choose the more logical option. They have been terrible since the last quarter of last season. Like I said. They are that bad.
    Z - thanks for making me feel wanted since you don't really care. 

Again, I did think the Titans were better.  They lost their first 3 by 13.  Then the colts beat them easily and I found out they were missing 2 dbs and starting rookies in their place. 

so yes, I did think they were better, and I thought they would play the colts tough. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

The game

It was like Brady and company were playing in another world. Thank you BB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Let's be prepared for the inevitable out of town fans crying.. "the Pats ran up the score!"

Tony Dungy, on NBC, just said tonite he did not feel BB was running it up.  He would do the same thing as he, too, expects his team to continue to perform.  It is not BB's job to let up and if the other team can't stop you, that is their problem.

Also, how many times was Fisher quoted as saying his team had a GREAT week of practice and came into this game ready to play.  Well, both team's had the same conditions in which to play.  Another thing to remember:  at the end of the 1st quarter, the CBS announcers commented about how the change of direction now gave the Titans the wind at their backs and will favor them.  Guess what, Brady threw FIVE touchdown passes going into the wind!  This is the game Brady was Brady!  Even in these conditions.  Could any other D have stopped him today?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats 6 TD passes, Jets 6 Int, now in first place, offense back on track, ball hawking D. Great day to be a Pats fan. Bring on the Buc's in jolly olde England.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportspro. Show bostonsportspro's posts

I have NEVER been tired of the throwbacks! Dont you dare say that! Our throwbacks are the best in the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportspro. Show bostonsportspro's posts

And does anyone know WHY the pats are playing in england against the 0-6 bucs?

Sections
Shortcuts