1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Game lost in first 10 minutes

Absolutely Correct about first 10 minutes
    Then the Fake Punt - did us in
    In a tight game - no room for mental / physical
    mistakes like that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Agree strongly with both....and if the fake didn't do us in....the 58 yarder to Cotchery right after we got it to 3 certainly did.

If it was 10-0 who knows. 

Everytime we needed to make a play we didn't.  Amazing. 

Curious to see how Brady will answer the questions as to why they lallygaged that long drive in the 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

It was one of those games. Anything we could do to kill any momentum we had was done.  Bring on the draft!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was at the game.  After the field goal, I turned to one of my friends and said "I don't like this; it feels like the beginning of the game in the Meadowlands this year.  They have to get more points from those drives."  Going in to the game, I thought it was important that the Pats get up quickly and force the Jets to play from well behind and have to rely on the pass.  When the game was so low scoring, I knew it played in the Jets' favor. That's how the Jets have won all year--keeping games close and then making a few big plays on offense to win it.

Honestly, you have to give the Jets defense credit.  Brady had no one open.  Coverage was fantastic.  I didn't like the Pats play calling in this game early.  Too many spread formations.  Not enough BJGE early.  The Pats weren't that great all season when they relied so heavily on spread formations.  They become too one dimensional.  They would have been better to have kept Brady under center more, handed the ball off more, and used more play action to keep the LBs and safeties off balance. By going spread, the Jets were able to key on the short passes.  Take those away from the Pats and the Pats offense sputters.

They did get more to a conventional under-center offense in the fourth quarter and they were able to move the ball.  But by that time, those kind of drives were taking too much off the clock.  Had they done the fourth quarter drive in the second quarter, this game may have been different.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

In Response to Re: Game lost in first 10 minutes:
    I was at the game.  After the field goal, I turned to one of my friends and said "I don't like this; it feels like the beginning of the game in the Meadowlands this year.  They have to get more points from those drives."  Going in to the game, I thought it was important that the Pats get up quickly and force the Jets to play from well behind and have to rely on the pass.  When the game was so low scoring, I knew it played in the Jets' favor. That's how the Jets have won all year--keeping games close and then making a few big plays on offense to win it. Honestly, you have to give the Jets defense credit.  Brady had no one open.  Coverage was fantastic.  I didn't like the Pats play calling in this game early.  Too many spread formations.  Not enough BJGE early.  The Pats weren't that great all season when they relied so heavily on spread formations.  They become too one dimensional.  They would have been better to have kept Brady under center more, handed the ball off more, and used more play action to keep the LBs and safeties off balance. By going spread, the Jets were able to key on the short passes.  Take those away from the Pats and the Pats offense sputters. They did get more to a conventional under-center offense in the fourth quarter and they were able to move the ball.  But by that time, those kind of drives were taking too much off the clock.  Had they done the fourth quarter drive in the second quarter, this game may have been different.       
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Just finished re-watching the game this morning before I go into work at 1 p.m.
    The Jets were "chipping" the Patriot recievers beyond the 5 yard mark the entire game. It's called Pass Interference!!!!! The NFL gave two officiated games to the Jets in a row. What a joke. They won't dare pull this crap in Pittsburg next week , because the refs might not get out of that stadium alive other wise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Guys I thought I was the only one, I just felt it inside within the first 10, that we weren't goona win this one. The exact words were "we don't win these type of games" and NY teams know that. I felt the same way in 2007.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

14-2 doesn't mean jack sh-t if you dont win a superbowl.

Nothing they did this year means ANYTHING. i'm so funking depressed right now. brady's mvp, means nothing. probowls, nothing.

superbowl or bust. and we are funking busted.

heres hoping for some passrush, and deep threat wide receiver in the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Patriots made mental errors and as I stated in previous post Cromartie and Revis grab a player on nearly every short -intermediate route. The playcalling was mediocre on offense. The Jets managed to get good field position throughout most of the game and when Brady was on the field the offense did not execute well enough to win the game. But yeah when we failed to get 7 on the opening drive I was concerned. Jets played a good road game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

14-2 doesn't mean jack sh-t if you dont win a superbowl. Nothing they did this year means ANYTHING. i'm so funking depressed right now. brady's mvp, means nothing. probowls, nothing. superbowl or bust. and we are funking busted. heres hoping for some passrush, and deep threat wide receiver in the draft.

Posted by ChasaB

don't be depressed bro we got a good foundation and next year it'll be better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Also games this tight (7 point margin) are almost always lost in the 4th quarter. Either on D or O.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tazo1234. Show tazo1234's posts

As soon as BB benched Welker I knew we wrer in trouble. I wounder if the team knew about?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Disagree.

The first 10 minutes really were bad. We should have had 14 points. But the game was not lost yet by any means. If we woke up at halftime we could have still won....easily by 21!! But we did not. Remember this team at there best..or even at their typical can put up 30 against anyone! That did not change all of a sudden. We were still in the game with 10 minutes left actually.

The last half of the game we were still too tight. Never seen Brady and the recievers play so tight. The offensive play calling was too conservative too. Almost like the jets trash talk made us try to be the 'anti jets' and play with no looseness and no heart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Re: Game lost in first 10 minutes : Just finished re-watching the game this morning before I go into work at 1 p.m. The Jets were "chipping" the Patriot recievers beyond the 5 yard mark the entire game. It's called Pass Interference!!!!! The NFL gave two officiated games to the Jets in a row. What a joke. They won't dare pull this crap in Pittsburg next week , because the refs might not get out of that stadium alive other wise.
    Posted by hayley-1999

I am less amazed that this is the first post I have read whining about a standby patsy defensive tactic than I am that you would have the nerve to bring this up.  For years you chowds have been making fun of Bill Polian for showing films to the rules committee where Lawyer Malloy and Rodney Harrison molested Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne REPEATEDLY before the league decided to enforce the rule.  Your DBs are the worst in the game at this offense because BB tells them to get away with everything they can until it's crunch time and they can't afford a flag.  Typical patriotard "gamesmanship", but it is amazing that you have the nerve to whine about it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Sadly and much to my dismay.......I agree.........12 threw the pick and I had a terrible feeling from then on out...My brother was yea...three zip where up.......I said bro we should be up 14-0 ....I don't like any of this crap........turning point from then was the fake punt......7-3 at half getting the ball is feasable.14-3........was huge......I never finished another beer..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Game lost in first 10 minutes : don't be depressed bro we got a good foundation and next year it'll be better.
    Posted by akius

man this was the last pats game for a LONG time. if there is a lockout... its hard not to be depressed when we go out to the jets, and then the other afc team is the funking steelers. id much rather have another AFC playing i could at least root for. now we have nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts