Game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Game observations

Agree - Hightower is a bust

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lack of turnovers is huge.  Heck, it's all the difference in a 4 point game.

The Pats got a few sacks today but still didn't seem to put consistent pressure on Tannehill.  

No vertical game today.  Obvious why.

Vereen's first play today, he came in for a second and ten.  Everybody who didn't work on the Affordable Health Care Act knew it was going to be a pass to Vereen coming out of the backfield.  That play seemed to set the tone for how Vereen would be used or not used today.

[/QUOTE]

That's a subbing of the RB problem, no continued run game and an overall playcalling problem with Brady who wants to throw a lot.

Do not sub the back for the skill set.  Pretending to establish a run for effect never works.

Use two RBs or use Develin in an I Formation or two split backs with Vereen being one of them.

Affordable healthcare is a good thing, not a bad thing.   Who wants more expensive healthcare?

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, you didn't watch the game and you don't know insurance.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know insurance. Have my state's broker's license. I know it very well and use that in conjunction with my career in sales in healthcare.

Yes, I was traveling when the game was on but followed along in the game thread.

Atrocious 2nd half offense with nothing done in the 3rd qtr.  It started with a drive with a missed FG, too.

The only plus today from the offense was no turnovers.  If they can do that next week and still run the ball into the 4th qtr, they can win.

No one wants to take my simple wager, but will you?

[/QUOTE]

Tell us again which quarters count more than other quarters.  It always seems to change with you.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

You are mistaken.  There is not a profession, industry, or field of study in which he is not an expert.  Not competent mind you - an Expert.

It has come out recently that he is also an IT expert.

That goes along with his History expertise (he's solved the JFK assassination - did you hear?).

The only blind spot he has is this Football thing.  It's got to be maddening not to be able to see the obvious for what it is ... but he just can't grasp it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are mistaken.  There is not a profession, industry, or field of study in which he is not an expert.  Not competent mind you - an Expert.

It has come recently that he is also an IT expert.

That goes along with his History expertise (he's solved the JFK assassination - did you hear?).

The only blind spot he has is this Football thing.  It's got to be maddening not to be able to see the obvious for what it is ... but he just can't grasp it.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It has come recently that he is also an IT expert.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

[/QUOTE]

He has a state brokers license!  Ha!  I have a baseball glove but I'm not a baseball player.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lack of turnovers is huge.  Heck, it's all the difference in a 4 point game.

The Pats got a few sacks today but still didn't seem to put consistent pressure on Tannehill.  

No vertical game today.  Obvious why.

Vereen's first play today, he came in for a second and ten.  Everybody who didn't work on the Affordable Health Care Act knew it was going to be a pass to Vereen coming out of the backfield.  That play seemed to set the tone for how Vereen would be used or not used today.

[/QUOTE]

That's a subbing of the RB problem, no continued run game and an overall playcalling problem with Brady who wants to throw a lot.

Do not sub the back for the skill set.  Pretending to establish a run for effect never works.

Use two RBs or use Develin in an I Formation or two split backs with Vereen being one of them.

Affordable healthcare is a good thing, not a bad thing.   Who wants more expensive healthcare?

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know insurance. Have my state's broker's license. I know it very well and use that in conjunction with my career in sales in healthcare.

Yes, I was traveling when the game was on but followed along in the game thread.

Atrocious 2nd half offense with nothing done in the 3rd qtr.  It started with a drive with a missed FG, too.

The only plus today from the offense was no turnovers.  If they can do that next week and still run the ball into the 4th qtr, they can win.

No one wants to take my simple wager, but will you?

[/QUOTE]

Tell us again which quarters count more than other quarters.  It always seems to change with you.   

[/QUOTE]

Your Jets were hilarious today, Bustchise. How did you enjoy it? Will Rex RYan be fired soon or will they pretend to carry on with his poor leadership and coaching?

[/QUOTE]

Were they hilarious?  Did they choke against a 7 win team with home field advantage on the line?  That would be hilarious.  Poor leadership and coaching?  How so.  You predicted that the Jets would win no more than 4 games.   Sounds like he's done far better than predicted given he has a rebuilding team with a rookie QB.  Just curious, does not knowing the rules of the game and coaching your team to cheat then getting caught for it fall under poor coaching or poor leadership?  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Problem is this team years ago lost the ability to put teams away...up 10-0 with 3 minutes to go, D had 1 third and 10 from Miami 4 and gave it up. Even announcers said before play if Pats stop them here New England has 3 timeouts for their offense and of course they give up a 17 yard pass......to start the TD drive for Miami. Pats had TWO 15 play dirves that stall inside 5 for FGs, that was game right there....

[/QUOTE]

Yup. We miss the best redzone threat in the game. We need Dobson and thompkins to get healthy AsAP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Rkarp, I apologize for taking your thread off track.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

T

[QUOTE]

So, really, this a big whine fest about a D that waits for our offense to literally anything out of halftime, and they can't.

You are a moron.

The Pats O out played the Fins O in every category.

14 more plays, 9 more 1st downs, 6 more rushing 1st downs,  ran only 1 less times than the fins, converted 55% of their 3rd downs, despite more drops than some teams have for the year.

They scored an equal amount of times.  Should have been 1 more but failed FG.

The difference is the D gave up 3 TD's to the vaunted, 22nd ranked, Fin's O.

The D BLOWS!  Period!  End of discussion!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I have a few observations I would like to share too...

1st off, BB doesn't know anything about football. I think we can all agree on this.

2. McDaniels is an imbecile, then again why would we expect a man who doesn't know anything about football to hire anybody that knows anything about football?

3. The offensive line sux. I don't care that we threw the ball 55 times, we can't let the QB get hit!

4. Hightower only sux because Mayo taught him most of what he knows, and Mayo sux.

5. Ninkovich must have taught Hightower the rest of what he knows because Ninkovich sux.

6. Ridley sux, it's obvious whenever he gets the ball.

7. Boyce sux, KT was a bust, even though he was undrafted, and Dobkins was worse, injury prone, I heard he already had his tonsils removed. BB should have known about that.

8. One more thing, Mccourty sux, Gregory sux, Spikes sux, Hightower sux, Dennard sux, Arrington sux, Nink sux really bad, Mayo sux, those bodies that bum GM put on the D line sux too!

9. Coaching should be null and void of all responsibility on this team because the team sux so bad.

10. Brady should have passed 75 times instead of 55, because the dolphins pass D isn't really as good as they have been all year!

11. Vareen shouldn't have played so much in this one......as he sux.

12. Brady sux, but what do you expect for a 6th round reach....especially when a know nothing GM drafts him.....DUH!!!!

That's all I noticed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've had some time to calm down and give this some rational thought, here is what I think. Hightower is a fat worthless tub of goo...he is a pig. If I went out front of my house on Wednesday and called the garbage men a bunch of scum, they would have a better chance of catching me and beating me to a pulp than Hightower would. This clown was suppossed to be better outside - it's all I heard - how he was the poor victim playing inside...how did you like him outside at the end of the game?

But in all honesty Hightower is not our biggest problem...let me tell you something folks, this team is coached very very well. They had Fletcher come in for maybe 20 plays this afternoon, they put that guy in position to make plays in the flat, he couldn't. I mean these plays were designed specifically for him - as soon as the ball was snapped he was headed right to his spot, but he just isn't good enough. I bet they practiced that play 50 times this week for him, they probably did it so Hightower wouldn't have to, yet he isn't capable. It's too bad because he was prepared like few coaching staffs could of.

Steven Gregory shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Period. This guy athletically is not capable, he just flat out isn't. How many times did he not make the play today? How many times has he done that since he's been here? I've literally seen this guy take out his own players because he physically can't hit the one's he's supposed to.

McCourty...did he get benched? I saw Bill write down a whole bunch of notes on his little pad after he missed on that open field tackle that safeties are supposed to make. I wonder if he wrote, when Devon wants his new contract don't give it to him, we don't need first round picks that can't play corner, not being able to play safety for us.

Again there is great coaching going on out there, these guys know exactly where to go, there is no confusion, there is no surprises...they just can't make the plays. The players aren't good enough. I don't give a crap if we are 10-4, you can't expect the coaches and the quarterback to win all these games for you, because that is what has happened so far.

And lastly, losing Gronk is HUGE HUGE HUGE, at least as far as scoring is concerned and that is huge.

I will add that the two biggest homers in NE (Deosie and Smerlas) are on the radio right now saying Hightower has been totally exposed and he can barely play two downs. They also said they think Jones nad Vellano probably won't make the team next year.

BB will be asked about McCourty and Gregory this week - just like he was asked about Hightower last - he will say, "I think they both bring a lot to the team. They both have a lot of resposibility. They both have made plays for us in the past...listen yesterday we all made mistakes, we all can get better...the coaches, the players, special teams, but I think they are doing well". He is lying!! He could run for Congress.

[/QUOTE]

ALl you do is switch arguments every week.  The last few weeks it's been the run D and now it's something else.

Smerlas and DeOissie? LOL!  WEEI is struggling so badly, they're clearly trying something else. Who takes those two morons seriously?  What is this, 2004?  

Why do you focus on one player or play? Brady sucks on some plays.

He also sucks when he wants to make it about him instead of entrusting others or other plays like the run game.

3rd and 1 and they pass?

Horrendous! I was following along in that game thread.  

[/QUOTE]

Ha! It's much better to repeat the same utterly wrong argument over and over year after year. 

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

A few myths I'm hearing that need to be debunked:

• We didn't run enough.  We ran a lot in that game and did a very good job establishing the run. In fact, I thought the utilization of the run was among the best we've seen all season. 
    • We passed too much.  The high number of passes was mostly dictated by the game situations.  And several of our scoring drives were pass heavy, so when we did pass more, we weren't hurt by it. 
    • The play calling was bad, especially in the red zone.  Actually, this was a pretty well called game, I think.  There were times when we threw a lot in the red zone, but unfortunately, we weren't in great running situations.  Again, game situations dictated a lot of the calls. 
    • Brady was the problem.  Get real.  Brady had a great game. He was accurate and quick to release the ball.  With the receivers he had, he did a remarkable job.  

The real problem with the game was twofold:

• First, the defense is really bad.  This, I believe, is mostly because of injury (it has nothing to do with BB's skills as GM).  But the front seven isn't good, and the secondary struggled a bit.  Dennard and Talib, I think, are both less than 100%.
    • Second, we are back to a duct tape and paper clip offense.  The O-line has gone from a slight weakness (with Wendell and Connolly) to a real problem thanks to injury.  And, most important, the lack of big, quality WRs and TEs is killing us.  At the end of the game, we had three Welker replacements and little else.  That's not a collection of weapons that can do much in the red zone.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Blount had 11 carries....mostly early...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

rkarp had some good game observations. Some of mine are;

-why keep Gregory in the game if he is playing so poorly? The 4th and 5 conversion was clearly on Gregory as she missed the tackle. Duron Harmon played well earlier in the year when Gregory was out. It cant hurt to put Harmon in and yank Gregory.

-Why oh why is Marquice Cole ahead of Logan Ryan on the CB depth chart? Arrington goes out injured and Cole (who can NOT play on the outside) is brought in to play, yes you guessed it, on the outside while Ryan stays on the sidelines?

- still no reverses, slants, or deep passes for Boyce? (yes I agree he had a rough game but put him in a position to succeed)

-agree the Solder situation is troubling. What is the plan going forward? Putting Mankins there just weakens two positions (LT and LG)

-Ridley fumbled in 3 straight games. Get over it Bill! Ridley and Blount need to be pounding the ball. Straight ahead and not east/west!

-Is Dennard injured or did he just have his wrst game as a pro?

-You game plan to take Clay out of the game but let Wallace and Hartline run around being guarded by the likes of Marquice Cole and Kyle Arrington?

-If you could only choose one on the team next season I would prefer to keep Edelman over Amendola.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I believe Blount carried the ball 4 times in the entire 2nd half....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• We didn't run enough.  We ran a lot in that game and did a very good job establishing the run. In fact, I thought the utilization of the run was among the best we've seen all season. 
    • We passed too much.  The high number of passes was mostly dictated by the game situations.  And several of our scoring drives were pass heavy, so when we did pass more, we weren't hurt by it. 
    • The play calling was bad, especially in the red zone.  Actually, this was a pretty well called game, I think.  There were times when we threw a lot in the red zone, but unfortunately, we weren't in great running situations.  Again, game situations dictated a lot of the calls. 
    • Brady was the problem.  Get real.  Brady had a great game. He was accurate and quick to release the ball.  With the receivers he had, he did a remarkable job.  

• First, the defense is really bad.  This, I believe, is mostly because of injury (it has nothing to do with BB's skills as GM).  But the front seven isn't good, and the secondary struggled a bit.  Dennard and Talib, I think, are both less than 100%.
    • Second, we are back to a duct tape and paper clip offense.  The O-line has gone from a slight weakness (with Wendell and Connolly) to a real problem thanks to injury.  And, most important, the lack of big, quality WRs and TEs is killing us.  At the end of the game, we had three Welker replacements and little else.  That's not a collection of weapons that can do much in the red zone.  

[/QUOTE]

I thought the "3 white guys " offense was real good until the Amendola drop.   If he grips that catch like the game depended on it (which it did) then this discussion would be about the offense coming through again at the end (which it did)  ...  almost. 

Would have liked to see Brady use a few pump fakes in those end zone throw situations...  try and make a sfety lean one way and then throw back the other.  He just seems to lock on and throw like on that 4th down pick...  Pump it  then throw back to the middle. 

That throw to Amendola was perfect.  Should have won the f'n game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well Pro, the only thing I would disagree with is that the D is bad because of injuries AND BB's lack of GM skills.

The only equalizer of rookies is depth.  How many rookies and UDFA's are we starting this year?  If past acquisitions had panned out, would that be the case?

If Love, Deadrick, Cunningham, Beguette and 95% of the past few year DB's had worked out, would their depth be rookies and UDFA's?  If Vet FA's had worked out, would they be starting rookies?

Don't even get me started on the receivers, who instead of being replaced through out the past 3 years, were replaced all at once.  3 rookie wr's, Who does that?

LOL. right now it's currently Brady and a few vets and last years Rutger's team, against the NFL.

That ought to get us far.

Thank God for TB.  He deserves a medal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-its not the lack of defensive stops that is most troubling, it is the fact that the turnovers are no longer part of the D

-Solder injury is troubling. 

-not sure why Vereen was so quiet?

-I thoght Brady was "on" all game. He was precise unless he was under pressure. Otherwise he was very good

-unofficially I counted 6 drops

-Fletcher was exposed today as a boderline NFL player. i applaud his effort and desire

-Siligea could be a find. Soapogo has disappeared, just like the Philly guys said

-count me as one who thought Ridley ran very well and confidently

-lets not forget this was Boyces 2nd game. 

-I thought Wendell played well today

-I counted 5 Brady pressures where the defender was free to rush the passer

-Look forward to a usual Ravens battle

[/QUOTE]

Let me add this was a very sobering game. They came out with a great gameplan and were executing for the most part but just had those 2 long drives where we had to kick field goals..This and the 2nd quarter TD to Miami were our undoing.

I have finally give in to the fact this team aint going far but its not just lost of Gronk. Its our Chitty Defense.

I knew Clay would be the focus but not sure I want Talib on him if it means arrington outside. Im sure they gave him over the top help so why so much underneath given up? He should be shading inside and allowing deep to McCourty.

Brady shouldnt have to make a game winning drive twice in the last minutes of the game. This game reminded me of the last 2 SBs. Brady getting late lead and our D giving up long drives.

Hate to say it, but i told you so(Rusty). in his Gronk thread I mentioned the biggest lost would be lack of height in the redzone and I was right. Dobson in, they go to a fade route. If we had another t/o maybe go underneath but I thought it was worth trying atleast run on 1st and spiking it. Blount was running over guys. 4 shots to the e/z was predictable. Why not a screeen and get some blockers infront of a shorter throw?

Anyways the bottom line is as we know Brady is lights out with protection but its still shoddy and our D aint stopping nobody right now. We lost that game due to no redzone threat. We should have run more down there to get close enough for playaction. You cant win beating your guy straight up every play. You need deception.

Vareen was the focus like I thought and now we see the future. Gronk is the key. Still would have liked to see Vareen run the ball more. Blount was effective but vareen could have been the difference. Got to do more to get your weapons involved.

Time to move on and finish this thing out. Rides coming to an end. It was Fun

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

2 minute D gives up TDs both ends of halves....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I've pointed this out many times.  End of first half, D gives up an 82 yard TD drive to the Phins in less than 2 minutes.  End of the game, gives up 60 yard TD (Dolphins probably would have made it if they had to go 80) drive in less than 3 minutes.  In BOTH cases had the Dolphins in a 3rd and 10+ yard situation and couldn't make the stop.  At what time should we feel the D needs to step up for once and make a critical stop to win the game?  It can't be about the offense ALWAYS bailing out the D.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've pointed this out many times.  End of first half, D gives up an 82 yard TD drive to the Phins in less than 2 minutes.  End of the game, gives up 60 yard TD (Dolphins probably would have made it if they had to go 80) drive in less than 3 minutes.  In BOTH cases had the Dolphins in a 3rd and 10+ yard situation and couldn't make the stop.  At what time should we feel the D needs to step up for once and make a critical stop to win the game?  It can't be about the offense ALWAYS bailing out the D.

[/QUOTE]

And the killing part is not 3rd and 6s they give up, its 3rd and forevers...All season long! 3rd and 17 yesterday after sack with Fins on own 33, they stop that instead of giving up 12 yards, Fins have to punt.

Sections
Shortcuts