Game observations

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Game observations

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

LOL at Rusty still defending Arrington even after Arrington goes out and proves him wrong. 

Yeah, I suppose Dennard sucked because Luck threw a laser over the top, too, huh? LMAO

No, just Arrington sucked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

-these "weather games" are killer. Even dressed for a weather event like last night, it is impossible to stay dry. I like to get into my seat on the early side and watch the players, but last night the down pour was so bad prior to the game, I could not, nor did anyone else. Seats were empty 5 minutes before KO. I don't think I have ever seen that before

There is nothing worse than feeling like a wet dog at a game as a player or a fan.  I would much rather have snow and was at the snowbowl game as well as the game where we busted out in random snow fireworks!  It was terrible before the game, but luckily for you all it tempered down a bit during the game.

-no surprise here that branch was inactive. I am checking, but I bet he came home on Thursday after practice  Yeah, this was a non story all the way... he's done.

-Ghost did a nice job, but this is no time to try and get by back there. Have to assume some one is here on Tuesday  He did ok, but he is not an NFL punter... agree 100%... can we sign Zoltan now that his season is over?  Do we have to sign somebody who was not on a roster to end the year?

-not sure why TB was holding and not Mallett? I am 100% certain in camp, watching the FG team Mallett was practicing a little bit with them. Never saw TB with them however.  I think Bill could be thinking that Brady has been in the game and neither have held for a long time, so just give it to the guy who was warmed up already in wet weather.

-everyone is nicked up, bruised and has an owchie. This is no excuse time. Arrington simply did not get it done last night.  I didn't notice him playing poorly overall, maybe different from the stands

-I have not watched a replay yet, and Mathis might have done something, but Cannon had the upper hand.   He was held in check all night with the run and they ran straigh at him.

-OL certainly had their way with the Colts, and I do believe they can with either the bronc's or Chargers as well. The past few games played by the OL still do not dissuade me from thinking OL very early in the draft however.  The OL is the biggest need in next year's draft, but I think this team can run block well but pass block is suspect.

-BB played the Ridley rebuild perfectly. He broke him down and rebuilt him a better, stronger back IMO.  It was a perfect combination of bringing in competition along with Bill's consistency about taking away playing time for turnovers.  I expect Ridley (and Blount for that matter) to have a fine career with much better ball control moving forward.

-I don't care what the score or the stats say about the game last night, Luck is, and will be great. What a talent!  Glad we got him early in his career is all I will say.  Dude's a stud.

-I don't care what the score or the stats say about the game last night, Brady was masterful. Totally in control.  What was great about last night is that there was only 1 game besides last night's game in the past 60 that Brady didn't throw a touchdown pass.  He was unselfish and took what was given to him and checked down into run quite a bit.  He read the D and took what they gave him and it lead to the win... can't ask for anything more and I'm glad we don't have to this season.

-nice to see Amendola play really well.  I was pumped as well seeing him earn his pay check!

-I was working yesterday while Spikes-gate unfolded. Truthfully, I am shocked. Never heard a single peep about Spikes missing any time, or rocking the boat. I thought, and many, many corroborated that Spikes answered the bell every week this year and BB was pleased. Goes to show no one knows what really happens behind those locked doors.  The last peep was preseason and I knew in the back of my mind that he was gone after Bill started the year with him on the bench like Welker.

-regardless of how much Collins has flashed, Hightower shows, and mayo heALS, Team needs more than Fletch and Beuaharnis next season, and we have to  assume this is an area of need as the draft unfolds.  I actually like Fletch as a backup to Collins as he is the next best LB in coverage.  I don't see this as as big of a need as TE or OL though.

-love the effort, elusiveness and never say die attitude, but I still prefer to not have Edelman return punts. His style of play and history says too risky.  So did Welker's as he is a clone of the man and that worked out pretty well.  I think having Edelman and Amendola assures the team has at least one healthy at all times since they are redundant. 

-got my wife's ok last night, If next week is in Denver, I will be there. I have never seen a game in Denver, and probably never will again. can't think of a better game then next weeks to be my first and only time.  I'm jealous man... make sure you get into one of those new dispenseries and get some legal pot while you are there!

This might be the best post I have seen by you so far.  I had you on ignore because of all the fighting gets old that you allow yourself to get into too often.  I hope you can just ignore the the guys that tick you off and push that little ignore button because this is much better to read.   Thanks for the great post and keep up the good work man. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

Great breakdown. 

Spikes issue started with the OTA's this spring.  He decided to work out on his own instead of with the team.  BB is not going to have a distraction at this time of year.

I think OL, DL, TE and linebacker will be a concentration in the draft. 

The defense should get lots of credit this year.  Mostly first and second year players playing well.

Great drafts the last couple of years.  Jones, Hightower, Ryan, Collins, Harmon, Dennard, etc are great building blocks for the future.

What will people have left to complain about if the Patriots keep drafting well again? 

What will they complain about now that Brady is sharing the glory with the running game and is taking what defenses give him?

By far the two biggest complaints on this board... it should be like Nirvana in here right now after a playoff game and I still see some people being negative and complain.  Unbelievable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL at Rusty still defending Arrington even after Arrington goes out and proves him wrong. 

Yeah, I suppose Dennard sucked because Luck threw a laser over the top, too, huh? LMAO

Deflection.....INTERCEPTED!  Did BB sit Dennard for his suckiness, too?  Nope

You know, that other smaller type CB that struggles on the outside.

Admit it, you didn't even watch the game. 

Too busy looking for a glimpse of BB on the sidelines or tying to find fault in the way Brady was handing off the ball or his sour demeanor because he was jealous of the RB's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Dennard had two picks and actually turns his head and looks for the ball while defensing a pass. Arrington mostly has his back to the ball with his hands in the air.

On the long pass Dennard gave up, Arrington would have been 5 yards behind the guy with his hands flailing in the air.

Arrington got toasted in the slot last night. BB did what was best for the team and benched him.

Thanks BB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Deflection.....INTERCEPTED!  Did BB sit Dennard for his suckiness, too?  Nope

You know, that other smaller type CB that struggles on the outside.

Admit it, you didn't even watch the game. 

Too busy looking for a glimpse of BB on the sidelines or tying to find fault in the way Brady was handing off the ball or his sour demeanor because he was jealous of the RB's.

Haha, I'm starting to really wonder if Rusty actually watched the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

What will people have left to complain about if the Patriots keep drafting well again? 

What will they complain about now that Brady is sharing the glory with the running game and is taking what defenses give him?

By far the two biggest complaints on this board... it should be like Nirvana in here right now after a playoff game and I still see some people being negative and complain.  Unbelievable.

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Dennard had two picks and actually turns his head and looks for the ball while defensing a pass. Arrington mostly has his back to the ball with his hands in the air.

On the long pass Dennard gave up, Arrington would have been 5 yards behind the guy with his hands flailing in the air.

Arrington got toasted in the slot last night. BB did what was best for the team and benched him.

Thanks BB.

Yeah, Dennard's coverage was good too. It was just a good pass in isolation, no help, Arrington just blew it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree. Pezzy, TFB12, Babe, etc, are all miserable because what I've been saying for years and years in here, while banned many times for no reason other than defending myself, because I am right.

They cannot stand it.  lmao

They are more angry I am right and have been all along than seeing the beautiful win last night because Brady wasn't the star in the limelight with stupid, bloated stats that mean nothing.

Yep.

That's why they were quiet last night and today, while showing how miserable they are.

TFB12 is sitting in his Denver Welkie jersey right now as we speak.

Quiet today?  I was on here last night and have been on here today.

Nope, still in my Pats gear!

You are a goof!  I own you on this forum as do many, many others.  You are the village idiot around here,

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Pezzy, TFB12, Babe, etc, are all miserable because what I've been saying for years and years in here, while banned many times for no reason other than defending myself, because I am right.

They are more angry I am right and have been all along than seeing the beautiful win last night because Brady wasn't the star in the limelight with stupid, bloated stats that mean nothing.

Yep.

That's why they were quiet last night and today, while showing how miserable they are.

[/QUOTE]

I can't really speak for anything besides what I see.  A good portion of your posts contain good information, but I'm not sure you realize how aggressive you are with your tone.  In a way it feels like there is an old married couple here who can't stop fighting no matter what. 

Whenever you bring up good points and invoke some good thoughtful discussions... it is typically followed up by a personal attack(s).  There are ways to get your point across without resorting to name calling and being negative. 

I can't tell you how to act and I think the ignore button exists on this site for anyone who makes you angry or annoys you.  I just wish you would use it more as it would have you focus on football instead of a personal vendetta with some posters on the board.  There is no big conspiracy against you or any specific posters. 

If everyone respects one another without personal attacks, then I don't see anyone losing their accounts.  Your account has been banned many times and it was not for no reason.  IMO it is the culmination of the small, but consistent personal attacks against people and that in turn causes fights when more offensive things are said on both sides.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

In response to msteven's comment:

Great breakdown. 

Spikes issue started with the OTA's this spring.  He decided to work out on his own instead of with the team.  BB is not going to have a distraction at this time of year.

I think OL, DL, TE and linebacker will be a concentration in the draft. 

The defense should get lots of credit this year.  Mostly first and second year players playing well.

Great drafts the last couple of years.  Jones, Hightower, Ryan, Collins, Harmon, Dennard, etc are great building blocks for the future.

Yep.

You are never right.  You are a pathological liar with obvious psychosis.

Who was quiet last night?  We spent most of the night slapping you silly, as did most of the board, with your pathetic concerned about TB, thread and ridiculous statements like,

" they're rushing more to keep Tom Brady, from mucking it up." 

Funny, without that 53 yard completion to Amandola, there would be one less score.  And a couple of those to Edelman, for 1st downs, might have resulted in two more less scores.

Good job, mucking it up Brady.  Good job, mucking it up crusty.

You're the only one that's miserable.  Miserable your boy was benched (and you didn't even know it) and that TOM BRADY has more play-off wins than any other QB.

Burns you up, doesn't it?  Burn Burn Burn.  Anyway you look at it, you're burned.

Cremated, for that matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

^

A little shout out for Develin. Collins, Blount, etc. are getting well deserved props but Develin is a beast blocking for the RB's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I observed the amazing coaching abilities of BB. He has kept these boys together, through all of the distrractions, and they have a laser focus on the objective...DO YOUR JOB. The O-Line is an incredible group considering the changes. My God, who woulda thought we could do it ike this just 6-weeks ago with the new blood? Bill's greatness is in how he adjusts to capilatize on the weaknesses of the opponent, identifies the strentgths of his players and puts them in position to maximize from them, and is the ultimate teacher and motivator in the NFL. Yeah we have good players, thanks to BB knowing how to best use them. 

Again, they did what they had to do to win. Bill is not like many who say, "We do what we do, now stop us." But is a game by game planning genius. Bill and staff were the MVPs last night. GO PATS!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

I observed the amazing coaching abilities of BB. He has kept these boys together, through all of the distrractions, and they have a laser focus on the objective...DO YOUR JOB. The O-Line is an incredible group considering the changes. My God, who woulda thought we could do it ike this just 6-weeks ago with the new blood? Bill's greatness is in how he adjusts to capilatize on the weaknesses of the opponent, identifies the strentgths of his players and puts them in position to maximize from them, and is the ultimate teacher and motivator in the NFL. Yeah we have good players, thanks to BB knowing how to best use them. 

Again, they did what they had to do to win. Bill is not like many who say, "We do what we do, now stop us." But is a game by game planning genius. Bill and staff were the MVPs last night. GO PATS!!!

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!

BLOUNT BFORCE TRAUMA , MAN!!!!

Great plan, Great game, Great team

This team does better on the fly than any I've ever seen...it's because of all the detail BB's teams go over constantly from the very beginning of training camp through playoff preparation....just on the ball all the time...doesn't always succeed, but it does enough to be the winningest team in the NFL in the last 20 years....TWO DECADES OF DOMINANCE!!!

Yo MEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYMEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!  DUDE is like a grown man playing against JV kids out there. He's runnin' like a man who stole somethin'!!! Timing is everything and I have no doubts that Bill has been preparing for this type of a scheme for several weeks with the tune up being the Bill's game. He has a younger, agile line and backs with fresh legs. They are laying down pavement like rolling machines on the opposition. I am so pumped that we are forcing the opposition to play run first. Two more games of run first and we got another TROPHY!!! How bout my boy JC??? NO, NOT JESUS CHRIST! But he's strarted to play like the second coming of a star linebacker, and a defensve savior fo sho!!! GO PATS!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Quality breakdown.

Thanks.

Agree.

You agree?  RKrap sucks.  He's "checking" to see if Branch got back to his house in Indy? Who cares? No one cares when Branch returned to his house. It's creepy that an adult would ask about that anyway. I can just see him poking around and people wondering why some creepy 50 something cares about if Branch got back to his house safely.

RKrap is more interested in telling the board that he is some inside info guy vs being accurate.

Arrington played a fine game.  Brazil did nothing. He was lucky that ball was deflected/short armed to Brazil, because it would have been picked.   That was the lone big catch that Brazil had on Arrington and it was because the ball changed direction in mid air. It was complete luck.  This is an example of "Arrington not getting it done"??? Really?  What does he need, a couple pick 6s to be considered "getting it done"?

Other than that, I saw nothing negative from Arrington. He had zero passes defended, which pretty much means he took out Brazil in coverage. Duh. Brazil only had 2 or 3 total catches.  That's all but shutting a very dangerous slot WR.

Also, what does this even mean here?

"BB played the Ridley rebuild perfectly. "

I mean, what does that even mean?  Ridley is Humpty Dumpty and had to be rebuit?

Keep in mind, RKrap has whined and moaned about BB in here for years, and I am the one who has taken him on reminding him of BB's nice draft yields since 2010 and small, but wise FA moves in conjunction with that, as he tried to deflect from crappy Brady postseasns in the shotgun spread base.

I've been all over this stuff, nailing it cold, and this guy has been praising the Jets at the same time. What a phony as he tries to get on the bandwagon now, as he sees what I kept saying, is now unfolding.

You're way too smart to be following this tool around like a puppy dog, ATJ. RKrap is a frontrunner fan.

He's all pleasant when they dominate and when Brady's shotgun spread preference chokes away playoff games or SBs, he runs in to mock BB, the greatest GM who ever lived.

BWAHAHAHA.  What a total Moron.  OMG

Want to know why Arrington had no pass defended (other than his superb coverage skills)

Here's why DOPE!

Down
    Danny Aiken -- Snapper fires a delivery over the head of punter Ryan Allen in the second quarter that results in a safety.

Kyle Arrington -- Nickel cornerback is replaced by rookie Logan Ryan near the end of the second quarter after having some struggles in the slot.

Devin McCourty -- As the last line of defense, second-team All-Pro safety lets LaVon Brazill get behind him for a 35-yard touchdown.

Your jealousy of Rkarp is delicious, though.  Do you have a recipe for that?

Now hurry to the nearest MHMR and get your head shrunk.

BWAHAHAHA  WOW!

What "struggles"?  What are the struggles? He doesn't even name the struggle. lol

No offense to MIke Reiss, but he's done this before we here just assumes another player getting playing time means the player isn't playing well, where it might be match up specific or an injury.

I don't really care if Ryan or Arrington is playing most of the snaps, but I;ve seen injuries also limit players, where the next guy up comes in.  The fact is, it's a luxury that BB has been so good as a GM that if someone gets hurt during the game or if there is a matchup aspect they prefer, he can use another player who isn't a laibility.

We've seen that with Harmon this year, too. 

But, to sit there and say "he was struggling" is pathetic. He wasn't. The one slow motion, short armed pass completion is not Arrington's fault. He was in perfect position. Luck got lucky, plain and simple.

While watching the game live it's hard to focus on a particular player but I saw Arrington get beaten twice in the slot so maybe Reiss is on to something.

Umm, do you watch the NFL?  Passes will be completed in this league.  DBs allow pass completions all the time.  The fact is, we have no idea why Ryan came in.   It could be that Arrington got dinged up, it may have been match up specific.

I'd have to go back to look at the tape, but I noticed at least once where Arrington lined up on the outside, closes to the tv camera side of the field, but I don't recall if that was one of the two receptions Brazil had or not.  

I will say, if they do play man, I think Arrington should just stay inside, regardless of who it is, and then just have the Safety give bracket help in the middle if it's a large WR.

I think teams try to get him outside when they see man.  Most smaller CBs with limited range are not going to do well on the outside over and over. We know that.

Looking at snaps played by Patriots defenders in Saturday’s win over the Colts, while analyzing what it means (as charted in press box, small margin for error):

LB Jamie Collins – 65 of 65
    LB Dont'a Hightower – 65 of 65
    DE Chandler Jones – 65 of 65
    DE Rob Ninkovich – 65 of 65
    S Devin McCourty – 64 of 65
    CB Aqib Talib – 64 of 65
    S Steve Gregory – 63 of 65
    CB Alfonzo Dennard – 53 of 65
    DT Sealver Siliga – 47 of 65
    DT Chris Jones – 46 of 65
    CB Logan Ryan – 41 of 65
    DE Andre Carter – 24 of 65
    CB Kyle Arrington – 17 of 65
    DT Joe Vellano – 17 of 65
    LB Dane Fletcher – 16 of 65
    S Tavon Wilson – 3 of 65

(Penalties included.)

ANALYSIS: Dane Fletcher replaced Brandon Spikes as the middle linebacker in the base defense, but came off in the nickel. It seems fair to say that Fletcher’s 16 snaps would have gone to Spikes, so this was the big change-up with Spikes on injured reserve. … Jamie Collins played every snap for the first time this season. He had averaged 10 defensive snaps per game through the first 10 games of the season. Over the final six games of the regular season, he averaged 33.5 defensive snaps per game. This was a “graduation” of sorts to a full-time role for him. … At cornerback, it looked like the Patriots had a pre-set plan to give Alfonzo Dennard the fourth defensive series off as he was returning to action after being sidelined with a knee injury. That’s why his snap total was a bit lower than fellow starter Aqib Talib, whose lone snap not played came in the goal-line package. … Cornerback Kyle Arrington was replaced as the nickelback late in the second quarter by rookie Logan Ryan and didn’t play on defense the rest of the way. … Of safety Tavon Wilson’s threesnaps, two came in a linebacker-type role when the Patriots were in their goal-line package and the other came in the nickel when he was the fifth defensive back to give more of a sturdy run presence. … The 65 snaps were two shy of a season low (63, vs. Miami on Dec. 15). That was due, in part, to some big plays surrendered.    

And you're asking if I watch the NFL?   You said Arrington played a fine game. He was on the field for 17 snaps.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Quality breakdown.

Thanks.

Agree.

You agree?  RKrap sucks.  He's "checking" to see if Branch got back to his house in Indy? Who cares? No one cares when Branch returned to his house. It's creepy that an adult would ask about that anyway. I can just see him poking around and people wondering why some creepy 50 something cares about if Branch got back to his house safely.

RKrap is more interested in telling the board that he is some inside info guy vs being accurate.

Arrington played a fine game.  Brazil did nothing. He was lucky that ball was deflected/short armed to Brazil, because it would have been picked.   That was the lone big catch that Brazil had on Arrington and it was because the ball changed direction in mid air. It was complete luck.  This is an example of "Arrington not getting it done"??? Really?  What does he need, a couple pick 6s to be considered "getting it done"?

Other than that, I saw nothing negative from Arrington. He had zero passes defended, which pretty much means he took out Brazil in coverage. Duh. Brazil only had 2 or 3 total catches.  That's all but shutting a very dangerous slot WR.

Also, what does this even mean here?

"BB played the Ridley rebuild perfectly. "

I mean, what does that even mean?  Ridley is Humpty Dumpty and had to be rebuit?

Keep in mind, RKrap has whined and moaned about BB in here for years, and I am the one who has taken him on reminding him of BB's nice draft yields since 2010 and small, but wise FA moves in conjunction with that, as he tried to deflect from crappy Brady postseasns in the shotgun spread base.

I've been all over this stuff, nailing it cold, and this guy has been praising the Jets at the same time. What a phony as he tries to get on the bandwagon now, as he sees what I kept saying, is now unfolding.

You're way too smart to be following this tool around like a puppy dog, ATJ. RKrap is a frontrunner fan.

He's all pleasant when they dominate and when Brady's shotgun spread preference chokes away playoff games or SBs, he runs in to mock BB, the greatest GM who ever lived.

What? Really? Wow! 

I put up a few comments for discussion, and your only come back is that I sux and Arrington played a good game? All 17 snaps? Did you even watch? 

Have you admitted you were wrong about Spikes yet? Curren really blew your comments out of the water, huh? 

Try to not let your jealous side show, it very unbecoming on you. 

Btw, your tar heels suxed against the Orange. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Bump:

For Deadahead, Deadahead 1 or Deadahead 2 to explain "Arrington played a fine game."

Please chime in.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bump:

For Deadahead, Deadahead 1 or Deadahead 2 to explain "Arrington played a fine game."

Please chime in.

He's at the Vet, getting his tail docked. That's what they do to poodles.

It kept getting caught between his legs as he ran off.

Did you hear the new one?

Gronk didn't help score any points during the last Denver game.  LOL

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts