Game Plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Game Plan

New England ran for 2,065 yards on 470 carries, (4.4 ypc) and scored 19 rushing TDs

Seattle ran for 2,188 yards on 509 carries, (4.3 ypc) and scored 18 rushing TDs

If you remove QB rush stats from the equation:

NE ran for 2,047 yards on 438 carries (4.7 ypc) and scored 19 rushing TDs

SEA ran for 1,649 yards on 413 carriees (4.0 ypc) and scored 17 rushing TDs

So, which team has the better ground game? It seems obvious, right? Don't let your lyin' eyes deceive you. It's crystal clear that New England's running game is better.

Brady passed for about 1,000 more yards (4,343 to 3,357), but Wilson had more pass TDs (26 to 25), fewer Ints (9 to 11), a higher completion pct. (63 to 60) and Wilson averaged 8.2 yds per attempt vs. 6.9 for Brady. His receivers aren't better than New England's either. 

So, if you're preparing to face Denver's defense and you're coaching Seattle having watched how the Pats (and everybody else) played them, what is your game plan?

Do you stop running altogether if Lynch gets stuffed for minimal gain in the first few carries? Do you go into the game, knowing how prolific Denver's passing attack is, thinking it makes any sense whatsoever to engage in a passing contest? Does that give you the best chance to win the game?

You have an excellent defense, but do you want to let Manning and co. have more possessions, or would it make more sense to try and keep him off the field as much as possible?

Do you emulate what the Patriots did last week, or do you look to what San Diego did in week 15 when they held the ball for 38 minutes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Game Plan

Defense

Seattle has a great one

We have a stinky one.

Does that answer your qestion?

I hope so. Im  kind of tired of going over this. Talent, Talent, Talent. Without it, you must have superior coaching and BB just outfoxed by John.  End of Story

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

New England ran for 2,065 yards on 470 carries, (4.4 ypc) and scored 19 rushing TDs

Seattle ran for 2,188 yards on 509 carries, (4.3 ypc) and scored 18 rushing TDs

If you remove QB rush stats from the equation:

NE ran for 2,047 yards on 438 carries (4.7 ypc) and scored 19 rushing TDs

SEA ran for 1,649 yards on 413 carriees (4.0 ypc) and scored 17 rushing TDs

So, which team has the better ground game? It seems obvious, right? Don't let your lyin' eyes deceive you. It's crystal clear that New England's running game is better.

Brady passed for about 1,000 more yards (4,343 to 3,357), but Wilson had more pass TDs (26 to 25), fewer Ints (9 to 11), a higher completion pct. (63 to 60) and Wilson averaged 8.2 yds per attempt vs. 6.9 for Brady. His receivers aren't better than New England's either. 

So, if you're preparing to face Denver's defense and you're coaching Seattle having watched how the Pats (and everybody else) played them, what is your game plan?

Do you stop running altogether if Lynch gets stuffed for minimal gain in the first few carries? Do you go into the game, knowing how prolific Denver's passing attack is, thinking it makes any sense whatsoever to engage in a passing contest? Does that give you the best chance to win the game?

You have an excellent defense, but do you want to let Manning and co. have more possessions, or would it make more sense to try and keep him off the field as much as possible?

Do you emulate what the Patriots did last week, or do you look to what San Diego did in week 15 when they held the ball for 38 minutes?

can you compare the NE WR core to Seattle 

are you serious ??

the average for seattle YPC for most recievers was over 11 yards 

Player Rec Yds Yds/Rec Long TD

Golden Tate 64 898 14.0 80 5

Doug Baldwin 50 778 15.6 52 5

Jermaine Kearse 22 346 15.7 43 4

Luke Willson 20 272 13.6 39 1

Sidney Rice15 231 15.4 31 3

even a concussed p. harvin is better than amendola the NE wr stats 

if you take gronk and verren out 

is thompkins or dobson better than Jermaine kearse heck no 

take out edelman and you get a very medicore WR Core

Julian Edelman 105 1056 10.1 44 6

Danny Amendola 54 633 11.7 57 2

Shane Vereen 47 427 9.1 50 3

Rob Gronkowski 39 592 15.2 50 4

Aaron Dobson 37 519 14.0 81 4

Kenbrell Thompkins 32 466 14.6 49 4

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

can you compare the NE WR core to Seattle 

are you serious ??

the average for seattle YPC for most recievers was over 11 yards 

Golden Tate 64 898 14.0 80 5

Doug Baldwin 50 778 15.6 52 5

Jermaine Kearse 22 346 15.7 43 4

Luke Willson 20 272 13.6 39 1

Sidney Rice15 231 15.4 31 3

even a concussed p. harvin is better than amendola the NE wr stats 

if you take gronk and verren out 

is thompkins or dobson better than Jermaine kearse heck no 

take out edelman and you get a very medicore WR Core

Julian Edelman 105 1056 10.1 44 6

Danny Amendola 54 633 11.7 57 2

Shane Vereen 47 427 9.1 50 3

Rob Gronkowski 39 592 15.2 50 4

Aaron Dobson 37 519 14.0 81 4

Kenbrell Thompkins 32 466 14.6 49 4

[/QUOTE]

Yet another politician wannabe. Excellent evasion of the question posed. Actually, not really because you might as well be talking about Seattle coffee vs. Dunkin Donuts. What you brought up is utterly irrelevant.

Or do we infer that you think Seattle should pass, pass, pass because their receivers are so superior? As if Sid Rice will be a big factor in the game plan. 

As an aside, I don't think too many serious football analysts look at Seattle's WRs as a strength. They make New England's look big by comparison.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defense

Seattle has a great one

We have a stinky one.

I hope so. Im  kind of tired of going over this. Talent, Talent, Talent. Without it, you must have superior coaching and BB just outfoxed by John.  End of Story

[/QUOTE]

You too, more evasion. You apparently can't read or would prefer to avoid the question because you don't like the answer. Or maybe you just like to rant. Either way, no, you didn't even come close to answering the question. In fact, you so didn't answer the question that I have no clue what your point is.

Do you think in their meetings these next two weeks that Pete Carroll will emerge with a game plan that says "talent, talent, talent, defense, defense, defense, now let's get jacked and pumped and go hit someone!" That's their game plan?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is how I envision the game playing out....

The Seahawks Defense is going to be very tough for the Broncos , no doubt about it.  So tough that if Manning pulls off big points and passing stats to win the Super Bowl he will deserve some very high and well deserved praise, especially since the temperatures are expected to be very cold for the game.  But I don't see that happening, certainly not early on.  The Broncos will be playing catch up most of the game, especially the 2nd half.

I don't really expect the Broncos to score more then 3 tds, 1 td and 2 fgs before halftime. 2 tds late in the 2nd half while playing from behind to try and mount a comeback, so it all comes down to the Seahawks offense and Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson is going to scramble around and keep plays and drives alive with his mobility, if nobody is open he will simply pull the ball down and run with it.  I see a big first half rushing with Russell Wilson, then in the second half the Broncos DBs will start to leave their receivers to early, anticipating Wilson running more, and Wilson will simply start hitting the receivers for big plays.  Lynch will be stuffed early on but used heavy in the 4th qtr when Denver's D is tired from chasing Russell Wilson. 

Game plan for Seahawks.... extend the plays! with Russell Wilson scrambling and running with the ball.  I see a huge game for Russell Wilson, and he will be the game MVP.

Seahawks 37, Denver 27.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

The superbowl will be decided by the Refs. Let me clarify that. If they are going to allow physical play by the DB's then Seattle wins 16 to 10 or some such low scoring game, if they call PI or holding alot on the DB's then Bronco's win in a blowout. It will all come down to disrupting the timing, If they allow jaming then Seattles Dline will crush manning, if the refs call it close on the DB's then "Gomer" will burn them with all those recievers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Defense

Seattle has a great one

We have a stinky one.

[/QUOTE]

You too, more evasion. You apparently can't read or would prefer to avoid the question because you don't like the answer. Or maybe you just like to rant. Either way, no, you didn't even come close to answering the question. In fact, you so didn't answer the question that I have no clue what your point is.

Do you think in their meetings these next two weeks that Pete Carroll will emerge with a game plan that says "talent, talent, talent, defense, defense, defense, now let's get jacked and pumped and go hit someone!" That's their game plan?

[/QUOTE]

Im sorry I didnt live up to your expectations. If you really need the answer to that, why ask?    The game plans S*cked?  There does that make you feel better. Are you smarter now?  They thought they could run on Denver. They were wrong. Despite all that our D was so horrible it doesnt matter if we ran,pass or punted for 1st downs. The talent was not there. We had 3 white guys with no athleticism running around the field doin NOthing for the most part. Should have had Dobson out there earlier.  No go tell BB and maybe we win next year....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is how I envision the game playing out....

The Seahawks Defense is going to be very tough for the Broncos , no doubt about it.  So tough that if Manning pulls off big points and passing stats to win the Super Bowl he will deserve some very high and well deserved praise, especially since the temperatures are expected to be very cold for the game.  But I don't see that happening, certainly not early on.  The Broncos will be playing catch up most of the game, especially the 2nd half.

I don't really expect the Broncos to score more then 3 tds, 1 td and 2 fgs before halftime. 2 tds late in the 2nd half while playing from behind to try and mount a comeback, so it all comes down to the Seahawks offense and Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson is going to scramble around and keep plays and drives alive with his mobility, if nobody is open he will simply pull the ball down and run with it.  I see a big first half rushing with Russell Wilson, then in the second half the Broncos DBs will start to leave their receivers to early, anticipating Wilson running more, and Wilson will simply start hitting the receivers for big plays.  Lynch will be stuffed early on but used heavy in the 4th qtr when Denver's D is tired from chasing Russell Wilson. 

Game plan for Seahawks.... extend the plays! with Russell Wilson scrambling and running with the ball.  I see a huge game for Russell Wilson, and he will be the game MVP.

Seahawks 37, Denver 27.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for at least answering the question. Not a bad scenario, I can see it playing out that way. I wonder if weather will be a factor?

The real point is that I expect Seattle will continue to run Lynch even though he will probably get stuffed early on. That's pretty much what happened against SF and even against New Orleans. 

I don't care if your defense is a combination of the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens, you want to possess the ball and you don't want to get into a passing contest with the most prolific passing team of all time. Don't you want to keep them off the field? 

I really think McDaniels' ego took over and they thought they could hang with them. Suicide. No chance whatsoever of that happening. It wouldn't happen with Seattle's defense, what chance does it have with New England's? The Patriots running game is fine, as good as any in the NFL outside of maybe Minnesota. You don't give up on it because the big pantload Blount got stuffed a few times.

I don't blame Brady for the playcalling (some of the execution maybe), I blame the coaches, including BB. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

Im sorry I didnt live up to your expectations. If you really need the answer to that, why ask?    The game plans S*cked?  There does that make you feel better. Are you smarter now?  They thought they could run on Denver. They were wrong. Despite all that our D was so horrible it doesnt matter if we ran,pass or punted for 1st downs. The talent was not there. We had 3 white guys with no athleticism running around the field doin NOthing for the most part. Should have had Dobson out there earlier.  No go tell BB and maybe we win next year....lol

[/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks, I do feel smarter now...

But the highlighted part is really the point. How do they know they couldn't run on Denver when they barely even tried? It was as if McDaniels called a few token rush plays knowing they wouldn't work, giving him an excuse to abandon the run early on. 

I'm pretty sure Seattle will not do that. And their running game is not better than NE's. Their defense is better, so is their coffee, so what?

Whether they'd have won the game had they run more is not really the point either. The point is they had NO CHANCE doing it the way they did. They had a puncher's chance if they tried to possess the ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Don't come on here and cite factual evidence....it has no place on this forum, our run game sucks, and Denver stopped Blount on his 1st 2 carries for 0 yards so we did what we do in big playoff games...put it all om Brady!

Denver held all running backs to 1 ypc this year so we had to pass it was obvious after 2 carries. Ridley fumbled a few months ago so he sucks, Vareen has zero big play ability so he should never get any touches????!!!!!????!!!! Passing with a decimated receiving core was the only option???!!!!,??.?!

How about this one muzz..,.

In our last 6 playoff losses in a row. We have thrown 285 times, 17 sacks, 3 qb fumbles lost, 7 interceptions to 9 total passing tds. We have ran with our power running game 66 times in those games, and 47 scat back runs out of spread formations.even in 2007 we were top 10 in rushing, only 2009 was our run game very poor after maroney proved his shoulder injury was the end of his career. 

In 6 playoff losses 285 passes to 113 runs. This has been the leading cause of Brady's tough performances in those games. 285 to 66 power runs = open book offense and against 6 great pass rushing teams???? The offensive philosophy changed after 2007, it has left Brady as a sitting duck imo. Brady doesn't just all of a sudden suck in big games, he is throwing at defenses knowing full well what he will do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But the highlighted part is really the point. How do they know they couldn't run on Denver when they barely even tried? It was as if McDaniels called a few token rush plays knowing they wouldn't work, giving him an excuse to abandon the run early on. 

I'm pretty sure Seattle will not do that. And their running game is not better than NE's. Their defense is better, so is their coffee, so what?

Whether they'd have won the game had they run more is not really the point either. The point is they had NO CHANCE doing it the way they did. They had a puncher's chance if they tried to possess the ball.

[/QUOTE]

NO I dont see it that way. Sure you can say Joshy should have called more run but the bigger problem is convertingg 3rd downs. ON 3rd and shor t (what you want) we are throwing deep. The failed run it what it is. You can keep pounding your head into a rock while Peyton is slicing up your D and you will fall behind or you can ask your hall of famer to make Gold out of Yellow Yarn. Niether was gonna work. Its the same argument with Rusty thinking more carries for benny = a win. Noone seems to realize that running slows the game and gets you to go 3 and out and with peyton on the other side. its a lose, lose. Best thing we could have done is playaction to Dobson instead of Slater. Spread out and look for mismatch. The D was so bad it wouldnt have mattered anyways.

And No I will not think of a gameplan for the SB nor will I talk about it. Why??? F*ck the Seahags and F*ck the Broncos!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

hether they'd have won the game had they run more is not really the point either. The point is they had NO CHANCE doing it the way they did. They had a puncher's chance if they tried to possess the ball.

Absolutely!  We know what happens with our pass heavy offense, it has been proven for 6 playoff losses in a row. We don't know what would happen if we used the philosophy we used in our last 3 games of the year! But we know what we will do when we face adversity on the biggest stage, as we do the same thing over and over.Let it fly.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO I dont see it that way. Sure you can say Joshy should have called more run but the bigger problem is convertingg 3rd downs. ON 3rd and shor t (what you want) we are throwing deep. The failed run it what it is. You can keep pounding your head into a rock while Peyton is slicing up your D and you will fall behind or you can ask your hall of famer to make Gold out of Yellow Yarn. Niether was gonna work. Its the same argument with Rusty thinking more carries for benny = a win. Noone seems to realize that running slows the game and gets you to go 3 and out and with peyton on the other side. its a lose, lose. Best thing we could have done is playaction to Dobson instead of Slater. Spread out and look for mismatch. The D was so bad it wouldnt have mattered anyways.

And No I will not think of a gameplan for the SB nor will I talk about it. Why??? F*ck the Seahags and F*ck the Broncos!

[/QUOTE]

Running does not "get you to go 3 and out" 2 passes to 1 run has lead to more 3 and outs then any sequence of calls in our offense for the last 6 years. Pass, run, pass, or run, pass, pass. The balance leads to unpredictability and makes it tougher for teams to stop us....look at play charts, do your own research for our last 6 playoff losses. Look at individual drive charts and see sacks, against dominate pass rushers. See runs for 4 or 5 yards and 2 passes for a punt. Its been happeneing for years. The broncos stopped us early as we trotted our run heavy offense out for 1 play, then knew we would pass as we took that formation off the field....again! Open book. Its a problem. 15.5 ppg in 6 playoff losses, with 285 passes to 66 power f ing runs!!,!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Running does not "get you to go 3 and out" 2 passes to 1 run has lead to more 3 and outs then any sequence of calls in our offense for the last 6 years. Pass, run, pass, or run, pass, pass. The balance leads to unpredictability and makes it tougher for teams to stop us....look at play charts, do your own research for our last 6 playoff losses. Look at individual drive charts and see sacks, against dominate pass rushers. See runs for 4 or 5 yards and 2 passes for a punt. Its been happeneing for years. The broncos stopped us early as we trotted our run heavy offense out for 1 play, then knew we would pass as we took that formation off the field....again! Open book. Its a problem. 15.5 ppg in 6 playoff losses, with 285 passes to 66 power f ing runs!!,!

It's one thing to resort to pass, pass, pass when the defense is powerless to do much about it, as in 2007. They knew what was coming, but it didn't matter. But knowing you don't have that talent and doing it anyway is nuts, it's asking to get beat and it's putting unnecessary strain on your defense that is already depleted.

I really question the coaching intelligence. You can say it was one bad game, but as you point out it's a pattern.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The run was gettng stuffed early.  That put them in obvious passing situations that they didn't convert.  Had they converted them they might have tried running again.   Go look at the actual down and distances in the 1st half and tell me where they should have run the ball.

Their drives ended on the following down and distances.

3rd and 5 (Blount rushed for no gain on the previous play)

3rd and 3 (Blount rushed for 1 yard on the previous play)

3rd and 20 (Blount rushed for no gain on 1st down)

3rd and 8 (Blount rushed for no gain on 1st down)

The next time they got the ball they were down 20-3.  Only the 3rd and 3 stands out as an opportunity where they arguably should have run it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The run was gettng stuffed early.  That put them in obvious passing situations that they didn't convert.  Had they converted them they might have tried running again.   Go look at the actual down and distances in the 1st half and tell me where they should have run the ball.

Their drives ended on the following down and distances.

3rd and 5 (Blount rushed for no gain on the previous play)

3rd and 3 (Blount rushed for 1 yard on the previous play)

3rd and 20 (Blount rushed for no gain on 1st down)

3rd and 8 (Blount rushed for no gain on 1st down)

The next time they got the ball they were down 20-3.  Only the 3rd and 3 stands out as an opportunity where they arguably should have run it.

[/QUOTE]

this what these guys dont get.  Our D cant even get off the field and you want to run on 3rd downs when the 1st down runs being STUFFED!  I mean Stuffed. People want to point to Seattel sticking with the run..Well you are saying Petey is a better coach than BB??? I mean maybe a better GM(rebuilt secondary in 2 years) but ive always heard on this board.. Petey WILL NEVER WIN but NOW they want his gameplans...Lol

NO, what you want is his DEFENSE! Another thing...when you are running for only 2 and 3 yards a pop, you can stick to it and hope to break one cuz 3 +3 = 9

When you Run game is getting negative yardage to 1 yard a pop. You CANT stick to it because you wont move the chains!!!  The problem in the game was NOT Them throwing too much. It was WHO they were throwing too. Dobson should have had more targets based on his 1st catch going longer than ANY other all game. Talent wins games. Bad coaching on top of NO talent = LOSE GAMES BADLY!

End of Story. Once BB gets a D that can get off the field on 3rd and 8, 3rd and 10, 2nd and 20, 4th and 10,whatever....Maybe he will run more. Dont talk to me about what Seatttle can do with a # 1 defense. Of course they can be patience...

Freeking Ignoramus' in here today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

this what these guys dont get.  Our D cant even get off the field and you want to run on 3rd downs when the 1st down runs being STUFFED!  I mean Stuffed. People want to point to Seattel sticking with the run..Well you are saying Petey is a better coach than BB??? I mean maybe a better GM(rebuilt secondary in 2 years) but ive always heard on this board.. Petey WILL NEVER WIN but NOW they want his gameplans...Lol

NO, what you want is his DEFENSE! Another thing...when you are running for only 2 and 3 yards a pop, you can stick to it and hope to break one cuz 3 +3 = 9

When you Run game is getting negative yardage to 1 yard a pop. You CANT stick to it because you wont move the chains!!!  The problem in the game was NOT Them throwing too much. It was WHO they were throwing too. Dobson should have had more targets based on his 1st catch going longer than ANY other all game. Talent wins games. Bad coaching on top of NO talent = LOSE GAMES BADLY!

End of Story. Once BB gets a D that can get off the field on 3rd and 8, 3rd and 10, 2nd and 20, 4th and 10,whatever....Maybe he will run more. Dont talk to me about what Seatttle can do with a # 1 defense. Of course they can be patience...

[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Look, Blount sucks. I've watched him his whole career. He had a 1,000 yard season here (Tampa) and everybody thought he was the next big thing. But he was a tease then and he's a tease now. He's no better than he was in Tampa.

So, if he's not getting it done, do you abandon the run for an approach that YOU KNOW CANNOT WORK? Is that what you do?

Or do you sit Lard Butt, er...sorry, Legarrette on the pine and go with guys on your team who more closely resemble Ryan Mathews and Danny Woodhead who just a few weeks ago provided the blueprint for beating Denver?  

I personally think McDaniels is an idiot, that's what I think. And to the extent BB had a hand in calling the plays, him too. I think back to Baltimore last year when the week before against Houston, Vereen was uncoverable. Did he even see the field against the Ravens? Even after Ridley went out? 

It's a pattern of idiocy. The reason to bring up Seattle is just to point out that you don't go away from the running game if you don't have immediate success. Of course, you do what you need to on 3rd down. This is not about 3rd down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The reason to bring up Seattle is just to point out that you don't go away from the running game if you don't have immediate success. Of course, you do what you need to on 3rd down. This is not about 3rd down.

I think the counterargument to this is they did what they needed to do on 3rd down and didn't convert early in the game.  Then the game got out of hand and they had no choice but to pass to try and catch up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

[QUOTE]

Defense

Seattle has a great one

We have a stinky one.

[/QUOTE]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I understand the philosophy behind molding and developing players who are not superstars into outperforming their initial expectations, but nothing can make up for lack of talent.

I don't care how much you coach Kyle Arrington, he will probably never have the ability to look back at the ball just because he just doesn't have the talent to cover receivers.

There is a reason teams with superior defensive talent do well in playoff games. Heck Tony Carter (Broncos) who used to be on Patriots practice squad played better than Kyle Arrington.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The reason to bring up Seattle is just to point out that you don't go away from the running game if you don't have immediate success. Of course, you do what you need to on 3rd down. This is not about 3rd down.

[/QUOTE]

I think the counterargument to this is they did what they needed to do on 3rd down and didn't convert early in the game.  Then the game got out of hand and they had no choice but to pass to try and catch up.

[/QUOTE]

You know, that's a fair point. But I can't help but think of what Phil Simms said. He said that Brady told him before the game that they were excited about the weather because it meant they would be able to open up the playbook and use all the stuff they haven't been able to use because the weather in prior games was lousy. That just tells me the mentality going in was to get into a passing contest. 

I really think McDaniels had no intention of establishing the run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Look, Blount sucks. I've watched him his whole career. He had a 1,000 yard season here (Tampa) and everybody thought he was the next big thing. But he was a tease then and he's a tease now. He's no better than he was in Tampa.

So, if he's not getting it done, do you abandon the run for an approach that YOU KNOW CANNOT WORK? Is that what you do?

Or do you sit Lard Butt, er...sorry, Legarrette on the pine and go with guys on your team who more closely resemble Ryan Mathews and Danny Woodhead who just a few weeks ago provided the blueprint for beating Denver?  

I personally think McDaniels is an idiot, that's what I think. And to the extent BB had a hand in calling the plays, him too. I think back to Baltimore last year when the week before against Houston, Vereen was uncoverable. Did he even see the field against the Ravens? Even after Ridley went out? 

It's a pattern of idiocy. The reason to bring up Seattle is just to point out that you don't go away from the running game if you don't have immediate success. Of course, you do what you need to on 3rd down. This is not about 3rd down.

[/QUOTE]

I also thought it was more of a Ridley game but cant say he would have been the difference between them committing or not. I agree he(blount) was not the answer but maybe the coaches still dont trust Ridley. I would have just spread them out, with Vareen in backfield, 4 WR look for Jammer. You cant FIND Jammer with only 2 WRs on the field and NONE of our early 3rd and shorts went to Vareen who can easily beat a Backer for 5 yards. We got cute. Whats the Old saying..... Do you what DID to get you there. We did Everything BUT what we did all year. Looked flustered same way we did in 2010 vs the Jets after whoooping them earlier. Once again. Game plans trying to get cute. I blame BB for this one. He should know better by now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know, that's a fair point. But I can't help but think of what Phil Simms said. He said that Brady told him before the game that they were excited about the weather because it meant they would be able to open up the playbook and use all the stuff they haven't been able to use because the weather in prior games was lousy. That just tells me the mentality going in was to get into a passing contest. 

I really think McDaniels had no intention of establishing the run.

[/QUOTE]

You are probably right because Denver had a 27th rated pass D and 8 rated Run D.

I remember when everyone was getting excited about Blount running on Buffalo that McDaniels was interviewed about it. He said this statement

"Patience in the run game Can payoff...... sometimes..."

I cant write HOW he said it, but lets just say he didnt really agree and to me, he was saying sometimes it can pay off but most times it doesnt lead to much. Now we know this aint true but its the words coming from the O.C. so its true here and most likely supported by BB who weve seen lobbying for the pass. Weve seen 4th and 2 vs manning  a long time ago. Not much has changed. BB doesnt trust this D vs manning so he passes to keep pace. Thats It....nothing more...nothing less

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

How many guys were rushing Manning?......got to sit back all day and throw from the pocket. Patriots failed at TOP. I said if that happened they wouldn't win. All in all they made it pretty far with what they had. BB has to give Brady some weapons next year. No reason he should be throwing to WR's with rookie talent while Manning is surrounded by talent 10x better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many guys were rushing Manning?......got to sit back all day and throw from the pocket. Patriots failed at TOP. I said if that happened they wouldn't win. All in all they made it pretty far with what they had. BB has to give Brady some weapons next year. No reason he should be throwing to WR's with rookie talent while Manning is surrounded by talent 10x better.

[/QUOTE]

All true

Sections
Shortcuts