Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos

The flag on Meriweather:

Another flag was thrown in the middle of the field, which was for taunting. The one thrown on the sideline was for pass inteference but that was essentially picked up when they saw that the ball was tipped away.

The blitz:

I'm sure they planned to blitz but remember, the Broncos gave us a new look: this wild horses offense. To attempt to contain that, you have to be honest and be careful with the blitzes.

Calm down, people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos:
    [QUOTE]This game is on  Brady - he just did not show up in the second half 
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

I have to agree.  The Broncos are Brady's kryptonite.  He just did not look composed.  He threw passes to covered receivers.  he never attmepted any rushes. His mechanics seemed off again.  But he didn't get a lot of help from the play calling and the running game.

But overall, the Pats didn't play poorly.  They played OK.  The Bronocos - especially Orton - played well. I guess they are not the mirage some clain the are.

One question for the D: Did they intend to play so soft again in the fourth qtr.?  This seems to be a repetitive theme.  Play it tight in the first half.  Play it soft at the end.  I do not like it.

Congrats to the Broncos and their fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from intime. Show intime's posts

Springs got used like a bar of soap all day. Time to cycle in the kid from UCONN Darrius Butler. He has OK speed and can put a hit on RBs on the short routes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First the Sox blow a lead and get swept and now we lose to a BB protege and a scrub QB named Kyle Orton. Can the Boston sports scene get any worse?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Really soft pass defense. 

I expected Brady to move the ball for a winning field goal with 5 minutes left and again with 2 minutes left.  I'm spoiled I guess.

They could have won that game but......well they didn't.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

[QUOTE]First the Sox blow a lead and get swept and now we lose to a BB protege and a scrub QB named Kyle Orton. Can the Boston sports scene get any worse?
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

I never want to see that F*N Pat Patriot thing again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboy88. Show bostonboy88's posts

The Pats lose to the most overated undefeated team in the league= No playoffs this year

The Pats Secondary= worst in the league

Bring back tackling drills Bill

Tom practice passing drills, you missed at least 3 wide open passes

Finally you guys got torched by KYLE ORTON-KYLE !@#$#$& ORTON,ARE YOU SERIOUS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Springs got used like a bar of soap all day. Time to cycle in the kid from UCONN Darrius Butler. He has OK speed and can put a hit on RBs on the short routes.
    Posted by intime[/QUOTE]

I think the defensive coaching is more to blame. Too conservative.  Having thge DBs play way off the receivers.  And you have to give credit to Orton.  He was throwing it right on the spot.  Hard to stop that kind of playing enough to get the Broncos off the field. Compare his preformance to Brady's and you see why the Pats lost.  I have generally been happy with Springs.  He did not have his best game, but he hardly lost the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

been a pats fan all my life. never thought it would come to this but either brady is still hurt or has gotten soft.  once upon a time he was automatic in the 4th quarter game on the line, and he just seems to have lost that 6th sense to finidh things off. game to win and he fumbles the 1st snap. missed at least 5 open receivers that could have easily clinched a w.
    Just seems tha the spirit has left him and he's not playing at the caliber of a manning or even an orton??
    too bad but coach bill better start formulating a new game plan because this team won't go to the sb as it is right now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chokeme. Show chokeme's posts

This offense is a joke. A pathetic shell of what is was just a mere 2 years ago. Tired of hearing the "give them time to gel" nonsense. Brady can't move the team. He constantly misses open guys. It's not the injury. That's a ridiculous excuse. He's lost his fire and he's lost his mojo. Simple as that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMPhotographer. Show BMPhotographer's posts

[QUOTE]First the Sox blow a lead and get swept and now we lose to a BB protege and a scrub QB named Kyle Orton. Can the Boston sports scene get any worse?
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Most definitly, is it basketball season yet???

Hope this isn't my "ground hog day"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oyetumadre. Show oyetumadre's posts

It must be very difficult for preppie New Englanders when all their feelings of entitlement and money can't take them out of the Loser column. I don't see them taking this well. <<sniffle>>

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

[QUOTE]been a pats fan all my life. never thought it would come to this but either brady is still hurt or has gotten soft.  once upon a time he was automatic in the 4th quarter game on the line, and he just seems to have lost that 6th sense to finidh things off. game to win and he fumbles the 1st snap. missed at least 5 open receivers that could have easily clinched a w. Just seems tha the spirit has left him and he's not playing at the caliber of a manning or even an orton?? too bad but coach bill better start formulating a new game plan because this team won't go to the sb as it is right now
    Posted by mrbergyboy[/QUOTE]

SB??? this team won't even make the playoffs... NYJ's have easy game againg the Fish Monday night, we could be two back already.  And if we do make the playoffs as a wild card and have to go back to Den?  I dont like our chances

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

tom. maybe its time you time you get back to basics. watch for the open guys and use that God-given arm to get the ball to them. What the heck has happened to you?  even brett  is throwing better than you

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : SB??? this team won't even make the playoffs... NYJ's have easy game againg the Fish Monday night, we could be two back already.  And if we do make the playoffs as a wild card and have to go back to Den?  I dont like our chances
    Posted by socalpatsfan12[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchmndsoxfan. Show rchmndsoxfan's posts

This is the first time I have ever put the majority of the blame on Brady but he played poorly. And he has been playing sub "Brady" standard. Belichick needs to coach like he did 6, 7, 8 years ago and lay into these hacks this week. Tennessee is going to come in hungry for a win (They lose tonight) and we need to want it like we used to. GD it, this was a crappy day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from capa94. Show capa94's posts

Our D was exposed big time today for the mediocre unit they are by Orton of all people.  Imagine what Manning will do against this team.  Brady is completely lost and appears to have no confidence.  How many times did we have to see him sulk off the field with his head down and head straight to the bench.  Pathetic!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

just spoiled. and expect the win every time. tom, maybe its time to tell giselle you are a pro football player and need to play. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

It now appears that the '09 Pats will have a worse record than the '08 Pats.  It's more than any one shortcoming (they have many).  One thing is certain: Tom isn't throwing the ball the way he did before his injury.  He's just not the same guy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

I dont know if any of you read Bill Simmons on ESPN.COM, but he wrote an article a few weeks ago that is starting to look very prophetic..

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?page=simmons/patriots/090925

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3847919. Show user_3847919's posts

what kind of game plan was this?  Let's see, you have one of the best QB's in the history of the game and you have your 3rd strng RB in the game.  I know, let's run the ball; over and over despite the fact that the running game goes no where.  On defense, you are playing against a QB who cannot throw the ball 20 yards.  I know, let's play off the receivers so the QB can complete 30+ passes, none that travel more than 8 yards.  How can a pro team not figure that out?

if I didn't know better, I would think that BB wanted McDaniels to win.  What a joke of a game!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3847919. Show user_3847919's posts

what kind of game plan was this?  Let's see, you have one of the best QB's in the history of the game and you have your 3rd strng RB in the game.  I know, let's run the ball; over and over despite the fact that the running game goes no where.  On defense, you are playing against a QB who cannot throw the ball 20 yards.  I know, let's play off the receivers so the QB can complete 30+ passes, none that travel more than 8 yards.  How can a pro team not figure that out?

if I didn't know better, I would think that BB wanted McDaniels to win.  What a joke of a game!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Ninkovich bats an Orton pass 30 feet in the air; Marshall manages to break free unscathed and tip the ball away

Brady misses Moss deep when he was wide open.  Patriots settle for a field goal

Gostowski misses from 40 yards out

Linebacker tips another Orton pass in the air; Wilhite knocks the ball away from Springs and Merriweather, and Denver comes up with the catch

Royal fumbles a punt, but the Patriots form a pig pile and give up another 6 yards on the recovery

Brady misses Moss on 3rd down on the opening drive of the second half

Brady misses Welker wide open with nothing but green space ahead of him on 3rd down.

Defense lined up offsides on 3rd and 8, gives the Broncos 5 yards closer on the kick.

Not to mention a million missed tackles...

Also, Denver's punt return team gave us new life TWICE, and we still couldn't sustain a drive.

And the ball hit Springs in the arms on that last fade route...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

this team could easily be 1-4, def has been acceptable but the offense stinks. they traded cassel, maybe the krafts moved the wrong guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cadreaminsb. Show cadreaminsb's posts

Whoever is the o.c. should be relieved of their duties  (please loose ND WE NEED CHARLIE BACK DESPERATELY!) I'm sure any Boston area High School coach could call as creative a game  WOW! TERRIBLE!

Why does our "d" play like they are scared of the opposing team scoring on any single play???

Did anyone else notice 4th quarter defense with pressure!!!!

Good Lord play that way every defensive series and maybe we will stop someone on 3rd down!!

If they beat our pressure they beat our pressure WHAT THE !!!! DON'T BE SCARED!!

Sections
Shortcuts