Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos:
    I dont know if any of you read Bill Simmons on ESPN.COM, but he wrote an article a few weeks ago that is starting to look very prophetic.. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?page=simmons/patriots/090925
    Posted by socalpatsfan12

the exact same thing came to mind. We'll have to see how the rest of the season goes. If it's not 6-2 by the time of the Colts game, we'll know

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapatriotfan. Show floridapatriotfan's posts

ISN'T IT TIME FOR TO LOOK FOR NEW OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS. THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO CONTINUE TO THROW TO JUST WESS WELKER, WE MUST USE MORE PLAYERS.  ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE IN OUR SAFETY'S, ITS OBVIOUS WE CANNOT STOP THE PASS. MAYBE WE JUST NEED TO GET EXPERIENCED PLAYERS AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT SPENDING MONEY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot54too. Show patriot54too's posts

The Patriots have problems plain and simple.  They give up long drives far too easy and the offense is very stoppable.  Boo hoo, I do not like what I see in this year's Patriots.  Give Denver credit, but I do not think they are very good.  Uhmmm, what does that make our Patriots...not good, not good at all.  Too much talent here, WTH BB?  What has gone so horribly wrong?  And can you fix it?

It doesnt look like you can!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonredsoxfan. Show bostonredsoxfan's posts

I don't buy it.  How could taunting have been called from across the field when there was an official standing right there?  It seems more likely that the flag further away was for interference, and the one next to the play was for taunting.

The flag on Meriweather: Another flag was thrown in the middle of the field, which was for taunting. The one thrown on the sideline was for pass inteference but that was essentially picked up when they saw that the ball was tipped away. The blitz: I'm sure they planned to blitz but remember, the Broncos gave us a new look: this wild horses offense. To attempt to contain that, you have to be honest and be careful with the blitzes. Calm down, people.
    Posted by apdynasty23

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

the pats have been going on history and reputation for too long now. bb used to be the best coach in the nfl, now hes just an ex great coach, time outs wasted, dumb penalties, poor strategies, not sure whos making some decisions but they are some bad decisions.
    pats get beaten on the field, and behind the bench. time to make some changes boys

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Love to see everyone bashing the team so suddenly. Get lost bandwagon fans. Pats always have a hard time against the Broncos, especially in Denver. Of course those that started watching in '07 wouldn't know that. They lost to a better team today and will be back to it next week. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

Love to see everyone bashing the team so suddenly. Get lost bandwagon fans. Pats always have a hard time against the Broncos, especially in Denver. Of course those that started watching in '07 wouldn't know that. They lost to a better team today and will be back to it next week. 
    Posted by GrantW

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : the exact same thing came to mind. We'll have to see how the rest of the season goes. If it's not 6-2 by the time of the Colts game, we'll know
    Posted by pucela

We should be, but then again, who knows at this point.  What Simmons wrote in that article is similar to what people are writing here today.  BB and TB don't seem to work at this like they used to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

no bashing, this team has forgotten how to win when they need to and brady has lost the spirit to pull a game out. manning has surpassed him big time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I dont know if any of you read Bill Simmons on ESPN.COM, but he wrote an article a few weeks ago that is starting to look very prophetic.. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?page=simmons/patriots/090925
    Posted by socalpatsfan12

OMG!!!! That makes a lot of sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbergyboy. Show mrbergyboy's posts

Posted by GrantW

losing to a better team, yes, denver is not a better team, just better coached

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : losing to a better team, yes, denver is not a better team, just better coached
    Posted by mrbergyboy

They lost to a better team today. Hence the 20-17 score. I think the *fans* are more worried about this loss than the team is. It's week 5 people and worse case scenario, they'll be 1 game back in the Division assuming the Jets win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DisgustedPatsFan. Show DisgustedPatsFan's posts

- A QB who can't make the throws

- running game that has the consistency of jello

- No pass rush

- two corners who can't cover lunch at McDonald's

- hideous play calling (exactly WHO is our O coordinator... Condoleeza Rice?)

How long before the media, and everybody else, acknowledges the obvious and admit the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Tom Brady was awful today. Springs and Bodden should be playing arena football and the entire linebacking corp and secondary should be enrolled in a remedial tackling program. Anybody who has watched this team through 5 weeks should know this team is riding on the fumes from the glory of years ago....

Focusing on the positive.... at least Mayo is back.

Just sold my 4 tix for the Titans.... This team is definitely not worth $700 a game to watch.... I hope Captain Bill can turn the Titanic around....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

- A QB who can't make the throws - running game that has the consistency of jello - No pass rush - two corners who can't cover lunch at McDonald's - hideous play calling (exactly WHO is our O coordinator... Condoleeza Rice?) How long before the media, and everybody else, acknowledges the obvious and admit the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Tom Brady was awful today. Springs and Bodden should be playing arena football and the entire linebacking corp and secondary should be enrolled in a remedial tackling program. Anybody who has watched this team through 5 weeks should know this team is riding on the fumes from the glory of years ago.... Focusing on the positive.... at least Mayo is back. Just sold my 4 tix for the Titans.... This team is definitely not worth $700 a game to watch.... I hope Captain Bill can turn the Titanic around....
    Posted by DisgustedPatsFan

Thank your for selling your tickets. We want real fans at the stadium anyways.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapatriotfan. Show floridapatriotfan's posts

Did Kraft & Belichick really believe that replacing our previous outstanding defense with rookies or sub par defense and not adding additional receivers that we could possibly be a winning team. Remember what happen when we gave our top receivers and safety's before, end of season the last few years.  We need at least a few known top defense players and retrievers even veterans.  Even when playing our worst ever in so many years, we are giving up these games and making other teams look good.  How can these refs continue to make bad calls, especially at the end of a game that costs us the game.  "Tauting", the flag was thrown before he supposedly taunted.  All he was doing was stating that it was pass interference. Also the commentators stated the broncos fumbled the last two minutes, why was this not looked into?  Sad, teams continue to lose from incompetent referees or lack of. Kraft & Belichick and management, you are also giving these games up, pay up and get at least top experienced players.  ESPN , Bill Simmons did hit the nail on the head, isn't it obvious,  "MONEY"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapatriotfan. Show floridapatriotfan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : losing to a better team, yes, denver is not a better team, just better coached
    Posted by mrbergyboy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzer68. Show buzzer68's posts

It's looking more and more like the game has passesd Belichick by - a la Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson. It was so obvious when those guys went past their prime.  The play calling was mediocre, the tackling was an absolute embarassment, and Tom Brady looks like he's just going through motions.  Whenever the likes of Kyle Orton...KYLE ORTON...can shred your secondary and look like Joe Freakin' Montana, it's time to rethink things.  Look out!  I think Tennessee is going to sign Rex Grossman to a 1-game contract - he'll be good for 350 yds and 3 TD next week!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

- A QB who can't make the throws - running game that has the consistency of jello - No pass rush - two corners who can't cover lunch at McDonald's - hideous play calling (exactly WHO is our O coordinator... Condoleeza Rice?) How long before the media, and everybody else, acknowledges the obvious and admit the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Tom Brady was awful today. Springs and Bodden should be playing arena football and the entire linebacking corp and secondary should be enrolled in a remedial tackling program. Anybody who has watched this team through 5 weeks should know this team is riding on the fumes from the glory of years ago.... Focusing on the positive.... at least Mayo is back. Just sold my 4 tix for the Titans.... This team is definitely not worth $700 a game to watch.... I hope Captain Bill can turn the Titanic around....

I second everything you said and add that Brady was looking and acting a lot like Bledsoe (you know where that gets us) The "fire" he had before is gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rascus. Show Rascus's posts

Patriots going downhill....being outcoached ...Brady worst Ive ever seen...forget the defense...Springs and Bodden made Orton an Denver recievers look like Stars. Time for Belichik to start cleaning house with these players from other teams and use some of the talent hes drafted. To many players from other teams coming here looking for a Ring and dont perform....Come on Patriots lets get real and back to form or this season will go nowhere!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ek1480. Show ek1480's posts

Gave up short passes all game....Offense too consevative in the 2nd half....we BENT and BROKE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

- . . .  two corners who can't cover lunch at McDonald's . . . Posted by DisgustedPatsFan

In the Pats' defense, that angus burger costs almost four bucks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DisgustedPatsFan. Show DisgustedPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : I second everything you said and add that Brady was looking and acting a lot like Bledsoe (you know where that gets us) The "fire" he had before is gone.
    Posted by 3SB-rings

I'll take Bledsoe over this Tom Brady... I am a Tom fan, but this is not the Tom we all know and love.... How long can we wait for when, or if, he returns to a semblance of his former self....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DisgustedPatsFan. Show DisgustedPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : In the Pats' defense, that angus burger costs almost four bucks.
    Posted by prairiemike

They couldn't cover lunch off the 99 cent value menu....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpbaz. Show jpbaz's posts

The Bill Simmons article seems right on.  Looking at Tom at the press conference, I thought he looked distraught.  Hopefully this will be his eye of the tiger moment and he will get back in the game.  If not, this has been a great ride that is coming to the end.  This does remind me of the late Chuck Knoll era, the reputation is there but the teams could not draft or win. 

Jonathan Kraft, what are you going to do?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : I'll take Bledsoe over this Tom Brady... I am a Tom fan, but this is not the Tom we all know and love.... How long can we wait for when, or if, he returns to a semblance of his former self....

Blame it on Rio!

Sections
Shortcuts