Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapatriotfan. Show floridapatriotfan's posts

Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos

Can the offensive coordinator come up with some new plays. No need to look at previous films.  In practice do they allow Brady to throw to other then Welker, teams have us figured out, pressure Brady, double block Moss & Welker, equals easy 3 and out and low points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jasontis. Show Jasontis's posts

You people need to get a grip. Especially Disgusted Patriots Fan, who must be lacking about 3/4 of his brain. If Gostkowski makes that easy 40-yard FG, we win, sans overtime. And then everyone would be happy and no one would be wishing for Bledsoe over Brady, who by the way probably would have thrown 4 INTs if he'd played this game today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tdigiano. Show tdigiano's posts

How do we get Matt Cassell back?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos:
    [QUOTE]You people need to get a grip. Especially Disgusted Patriots Fan, who must be lacking about 3/4 of his brain. If Gostkowski makes that easy 40-yard FG, we win, sans overtime. And then everyone would be happy and no one would be wishing for Bledsoe over Brady, who by the way probably would have thrown 4 INTs if he'd played this game today.
    Posted by Jasontis[/QUOTE]
    How many calls that went against the Pats this game that were bs.The guy who called taunting already had his flag out for interference and changed the call to taunting after he realized that the pass was tipped.The fumble that they called down on forward progress.Those alone were a potential 14 point swing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBronco. Show BeantownBronco's posts

Seriously?  You're going to cry about supposed missed calls?  Every single slow mo replay of the Pats offensive line play on the left side showed obvious holding by Light against Dumervil.  Pass interference not called against the guy covering Stokley on a 3rd down on the first drive.  Orton getting hit below the knees on the final drive in regulation that went uncalled.

Bad calls went both ways....as they always do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kai67. Show kai67's posts

[QUOTE]4 man no rush.  How about some pressure guys?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]
    How about bringing back Richard Seymour??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jasontis. Show Jasontis's posts

[QUOTE]How do we get Matt Cassell back?
    Posted by tdigiano[/QUOTE]

First, you call up the Chiefs and say, "Hey, can we have your quarterback, you know, the one who HASN'T WON ANY GAMES YET, so we can bench the most successful QB in the last 10 years?"

Then you get yourself a lobotomy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grappa. Show Grappa's posts

[QUOTE]- A QB who can't make the throws - running game that has the consistency of jello - No pass rush - two corners who can't cover lunch at McDonald's - hideous play calling (exactly WHO is our O coordinator... Condoleeza Rice?) How long before the media, and everybody else, acknowledges the obvious and admit the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Tom Brady was awful today. Springs and Bodden should be playing arena football and the entire linebacking corp and secondary should be enrolled in a remedial tackling program. Anybody who has watched this team through 5 weeks should know this team is riding on the fumes from the glory of years ago.... Focusing on the positive.... at least Mayo is back. Just sold my 4 tix for the Titans.... This team is definitely not worth $700 a game to watch.... I hope Captain Bill can turn the Titanic around....
    Posted by DisgustedPatsFan[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]- A QB who can't make the throws - running game that has the consistency of jello - No pass rush - two corners who can't cover lunch at McDonald's - hideous play calling (exactly WHO is our O coordinator... Condoleeza Rice?) How long before the media, and everybody else, acknowledges the obvious and admit the emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Tom Brady was awful today. Springs and Bodden should be playing arena football and the entire linebacking corp and secondary should be enrolled in a remedial tackling program. Anybody who has watched this team through 5 weeks should know this team is riding on the fumes from the glory of years ago.... Focusing on the positive.... at least Mayo is back. Just sold my 4 tix for the Titans.... This team is definitely not worth $700 a game to watch.... I hope Captain Bill can turn the Titanic around....
    Posted by DisgustedPatsFan[/QUOTE]

That's good - maybe a REAL Patriots fan will show up

REAL: Someone who comes out of the lounge to cheer a little for the team, regardless of whether they won last week or not.

I see all you a*s*s*h*o*l*e*s at every game from my seats behind the Patriots bench... or better yet, I see a 1/2-3/4 empty club section when the team needs fans who show up and cheer the hometown team on no matter what.

Signed,
    A real fan since 1991 (was 3yo when I went to my first game that year)

P.S. - I lost my voice screaming at the TV, like I do at every game.  I bet you don't lose anything except the circulation in your a*s*s from sitting in the lounge or on the bandwagon, you spoiled, ignorant b*st*rd

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquadag. Show aquadag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : That's good - maybe a REAL Patriots fan will show up REAL: Someone who comes out of the lounge to cheer a little for the team, regardless of whether they won last week or not. I see all you a*s*s*h*o*l*e*s at every game from my seats behind the Patriots bench... or better yet, I see a 1/2-3/4 empty club section when the team needs fans who show up and cheer the hometown team on no matter what. Signed, A real fan since 1991 (was 3yo when I went to my first game that year) P.S. - I lost my voice screaming at the TV, like I do at every game.  I bet you don't lose anything except the circulation in your a*s*s from sitting in the lounge or on the bandwagon, you spoiled, ignorant b*st*rd
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambed3. Show lambed3's posts

We didn't deserve to win but I just have to say that I hate the overtime rules.  I hate the fact that we lost the game in overtime without touching the ball on offense.  I hope they change those stupid rules someday although I know they talk about them every year and leave them alone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambed3. Show lambed3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : That's good - maybe a REAL Patriots fan will show up REAL: Someone who comes out of the lounge to cheer a little for the team, regardless of whether they won last week or not. I see all you a*s*s*h*o*l*e*s at every game from my seats behind the Patriots bench... or better yet, I see a 1/2-3/4 empty club section when the team needs fans who show up and cheer the hometown team on no matter what. Signed, A real fan since 1991 (was 3yo when I went to my first game that year) P.S. - I lost my voice screaming at the TV, like I do at every game.  I bet you don't lose anything except the circulation in your a*s*s from sitting in the lounge or on the bandwagon, you spoiled, ignorant b*st*rd
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I hear you on this one.  Now I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and I have to do everything in my power not to scream at the TV in front of them.  It is so hard sometimes like when Brady overthrew Moss in the endzone or when he threw it behind Welker when it was a sure TD if he caught it.  I miss the good old days when I could scream at the TV at will!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Patriots vs. Broncos : I hear you on this one.  Now I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and I have to do everything in my power not to scream at the TV in front of them.  It is so hard sometimes like when Brady overthrew Moss in the endzone or when he threw it behind Welker when it was a sure TD if he caught it.  I miss the good old days when I could scream at the TV at will!
    Posted by lambed3[/QUOTE]

My dad did nothing to restrain his passion for football, and the result was a son who was just as passionate about football.

if you don't beat or abuse them, don't hide your passion for football.  I scream at and for the Patriots along with my Dad now, and I enjoy watching football with him.  I'm sure they won't mind too much - it's who you are.

Just sayin' as the son of a Patriots season ticket holder since 1979 and Pop-Warner/High-school/college-walk-on player for 11 years starting in second grade, I didn't mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicolosito. Show nicolosito's posts

I hate to say it, guys, but the Pats, especially TB, are not what they used to be and those times will not come back, not with this group. But that's sports - it happened to the Cowboys and other great dynasties and now it's
    the Pats' turn. This is not baseball where clubs with money can buy their
    way out of mediocrity. It was a great run while it lasted, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguylost. Show bostonguylost's posts

Who the heck is calling the plays on this team?  There is NO imagination!  What happened to the screen pass after the first play?  This offense is so predictable.  It's like someone thinks they can score at any time so let's just play it cozy until we NEED to score.  Draw plays on third and long are becoming VERY frustrating.  I never though Josh McDaniels leaving would make this offense so boring.  If I am a DC for another team, I jam the middle to stop the run and triple team Welker.  That's our offense.  Run up the middle or pass to Welker.  Don't even get me started on the defense.  How much room do you give receivers off the line of scrimmage?  Orten didn't throw a pass more than 15 yards all day but we were playing 10 yards off the receivers trying to stop the long ball.  How many out routes do our corners have to see completed in front of them before they smarten up?  I am so SICK of this stuff!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Who the heck is calling the plays on this team?  There is NO imagination!  What happened to the screen pass after the first play?  This offense is so predictable.  It's like someone thinks they can score at any time so let's just play it cozy until we NEED to score.  Draw plays on third and long are becoming VERY frustrating.  I never though Josh McDaniels leaving would make this offense so boring.  If I am a DC for another team, I jam the middle to stop the run and triple team Welker.  That's our offense.  Run up the middle or pass to Welker.  Don't even get me started on the defense.  How much room do you give receivers off the line of scrimmage?  Orten didn't throw a pass more than 15 yards all day but we were playing 10 yards off the receivers trying to stop the long ball.  How many out routes do our corners have to see completed in front of them before they smarten up?  I am so SICK of this stuff!
    Posted by bostonguylost[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to concur with your analysis on this one. The game plan wasn't effective on either offense or defense and they didn't make any changes or adjustments as the game went on. I said the same thing after the Jets game. I said on another thread that I was shocked at how much they ran the ball. It wasn't because of the number of times they ran but because they kept running in the second half over and over even though it was ineffective in almost all of the key situations. If they went to their 2 minute offense in the second half I bet they score at least 10 points(Probably More). The defensive gameplan was pathetic. They looked aggressive against the Ravens and they attacked. Not yesterday. There were very few times when more than 4 guys came on the pass rush. I thought our DB's played pretty tight coverage yesterday but they applied no pressure and made Orton look a lot better than he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

The Patriots are in freefall mode.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots are in freefall mode.
    Posted by baddawg[/QUOTE]
    Do you sit around making these comments to see if you can get a rise out of the fans? Do you go on other city's web sites and rip their teams too? There is a name for that condition but don't worry you can get help for it if you admit you have a problem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

No, I only post here because I don't like NE or their fans. You deserve me. Take it like a man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from juzme. Show juzme's posts

1. Brady was horrible (still love him though).
    2. Play calling terrible. Let's just tell them what we're running and keep it way too conservative.
    3. Missed tackles by a bad defense (give Wilfork credit for only strong performance).
    4. No as in zero pass rush. Buress, Banta Cain, Crable, Woods, Adalius who?, etc. are a joke. I know BB doesn't like to round one draft choice on OLB but get someone with skills and some guts. 
    We're seen 5 games. They're an average team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

Bad game...I blame the coaches mostly. Ablsolutely poorly executed offense in the second half. And you can't expect the Defense to hold every drive. In reality we are a bit average right now. But I'm not missing Seymour as the line looks pretty good with the mix we have, the Secondary was cut up this week but I think that was coaching, and it's leaps and bounds better than last year. Where is Adalius Thomas? We need LB's in a hurry.
    Offense - I guess you can only have faith that Tom is going to get better as the year progresses. And we need a verifiable running game. I was hoping Marony would show up this year. He's shown glimpses...but that doesn't win you ball games. I wish Corey Dillon was still 25.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kai67. Show kai67's posts

where's the pressure?????????????? In Bill we DON'T trust... WE NEED SEYMOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck was Belichick thinking? With Seymour the Patriots defense was good,and now without him it's OK or fair, and at times even bad.

Also, what the @%!@#$* was that taunt call all about?Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kai67. Show kai67's posts

[QUOTE]where's the pressure?????????????? In Bill we DON'T trust... WE NEED SEYMOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck was Belichick thinking? With Seymour the Patriots defense was good,and now without him it's OK or fair, and at times even bad. Also, what the @%!@#$* was that taunt call all about?
    Posted by kai67[/QUOTE                                                                                The future is now!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mav478. Show mav478's posts

Brady was great when surrounded by great talent.  Gaffney being one who showed us yesterday why we should not of let him go.  Brady had "all day" to throw when he dropped back.  Welker made great catches of balls thrown at his shoe strings.  Wide open receivers - ball thrown too far, too high, behind them.  Could it be Brady is actually just an average QB when surrounded by average talent and not the superheroe he has been made out to be???  In defense of the defense, they did give up only 17 pts in regulation. Not bad, but they must of all had fried food and eaten with their fingers before the game as tackling was almost nonexistent for most of the game.  Pass rush??? thats something other teams do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

[QUOTE]1. Brady was horrible (still love him though). 2. Play calling terrible. Let's just tell them what we're running and keep it way too conservative. 3. Missed tackles by a bad defense (give Wilfork credit for only strong performance). 4. No as in zero pass rush. Buress, Banta Cain, Crable, Woods, Adalius who?, etc. are a joke. I know BB doesn't like to round one draft choice on OLB but get someone with skills and some guts.  We're seen 5 games. They're an average team.
    Posted by juzme[/QUOTE]
    I think that sums it up quite well.

Sections
Shortcuts