Game Thread- Pats VS Bills- Here we GO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Game Thread- Pats VS Bills- Here we GO!

Holy Jets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Ghost was one of the biggest question marks on this team and he came through... maybe it's time for some optimism?

um, yeah, ghost can b low me.   maybe if he nails the AFCCG winner I'll come around. maybe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

I really need someone to state some kind of case why Ridley should be the starting running back over Vereen. Right now... he does nearly nothing better than Vereen. 

Exactly. Vereen is superior in every Way. My fear is Vereen can't take the pounding Ridley can. He might wear down fast if we over tax him.

[/QUOTE]

Well, he is slightly worse in heavy traffic. Ridley has ten to fifteen pounds on him. But any of Ridley, Bolden, or Blount can be a short yardage/kill the clock guy. 

But he is faster. He is quicker. Better at chipping. He has better open field vision. Way better at recieving. And it seems he has gotten a hold of running between the tackles.

Above all, he isn't a fumble waiting to happen. 

Vereen's gotta get the lion's share of the touches. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Jesus Christ.  Someone get to Brady.  I cannot take this stupidity anymore. He is costing us games or almost costing us games all the time.

So tired of it.

You know i like you, but a worst QB loses that game. Thank God we had Tom.

Agree, but it was TOTALLY not necesary.

Do you understand this?

What did I say the other day? I said I was concerned about Gomer's 7 TDs and Brady looking to chase.

Why on earth are we forcing plays that aren't there before half up 17-7?

The D essentially pitched a shutout in the first half against a new QB.  We NEVER play well against a new QB. Ever.

I don't care if it's Schaub in Atlanta or EJ Manuel today. But, we had them down and completely dispirited especially after that INT.

Ridley's fumble was bad, but we are in control!

Stay focused!!   Why does Brady get these passes all the time? Why?  

He also fumbled a simple snap from thr 1/2 yard line!

Ahh, the banned yet again dumbkoff comes back like a stubborn STD. And right on ignore you go dum bass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hmm, the pass was behind sudfeld yet he touched it with both hands, arms fully extended in front if him. Surely you know the difference between front and back. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A win is a win.  They went into a hostile environment on OPENING DAY and came out with the win.  Was it pretty?  No.  They surely have a lot to work on.  But I will take a win against a division rival in the first game of the season every time.  Growing pains were evident for the young WRs but they will progress.

In other news, Danny f*cking Amendola, Julian Edelman, and Shane Vereen look like they are primed to step up for the lost production from last year.  Excellent game from those three. 

did anyone else make a play ?

[/QUOTE]

On offense? Nope.  KT has a long way to go still.  Dobson and Boyce should start getting more snaps.  Once we get Gronk back, this offense will look completely different.  I'm intrigued at the thought of Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, and Vereen on the field at the same time.  Any production added by KT, Dobson or Boyce will be the icing on the cake.  It's the first week.  They will be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Manuel didnt even throw for 150 yards, this was too close for a team that made no real plays on offense. Dobson and Gronk were missed.

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- Amend-ola

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

Week one, Amendola > Welker

Welker had 2tds in week 1. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Patriots ran the ball well today. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Hmm, the pass was behind sudfeld yet he touched it with both hands, arms fully extended in front if him. Surely you know the difference between front and back. 

Oh god yeah. It's not even worth responding too. Like every single person didn't see Sudfeld trip over himself, and ... AND, everyone didn't hear the announcer call it out when it happened. 

There is a limit to the amount of fiction one person can spin up. That statement is a mile over that limit. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I really need someone to state some kind of case why Ridley should be the starting running back over Vereen. Right now... he does nearly nothing better than Vereen. 

Exactly. Vereen is superior in every Way. My fear is Vereen can't take the pounding Ridley can. He might wear down fast if we over tax him.

[/QUOTE]

Well, he is slightly worse in heavy traffic. Ridley has ten to fifteen pounds on him. But any of Ridley, Bolden, or Blount can be a short yardage/kill the clock guy. 

But he is faster. He is quicker. Better at chipping. He has better open field vision. Way better at recieving. And it seems he has gotten a hold of running between the tackles.

Above all, he isn't a fumble waiting to happen. 

Vereen's gotta get the lion's share of the touches. 

[/QUOTE]

Can't Tebow finish the game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

Week one, Amendola > Welker

Welker had 2tds in week 1. 

Yeah but also a muffed punt and a couple of drops. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I see Rusty is in midseason form.  Lmao.  I swear Brady slept with his mom or something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh god yeah. It's not even worth responding too. Like every single person didn't see Sudfeld trip over himself, and ... AND, everyone didn't hear the announcer call it out when it happened. 

There is a limit to the amount of fiction one person can spin up. That statement is a mile over that limit. 

[/QUOTE]

How can a person be so delusional? Is it a mental disease? It has to be. I just haven't nailed the diagnosis yet. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I see Rusty is in midseason form.  Lmao.  I swear Brady slept with his mom or something.

Girlmomfriend

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He is the worst troll ever!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

What I saw was an O needing more reps to nail it, and some really nice play by the D.

The D gave up one serious drive - the first of the 3rd quarter - but otherwise were solid. They didn't give up 21, they gave up 14, and 7 were from a short field.

Arrington was great in the first half, DA throughout, Edelman is gonna have a great year. The rookies were shaky, but they are rookies and will settle down.

Supra societatem nemo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The ball was still BEHIND his route, though. It wasn't a squat route, professor.

He tripped because he was forced to adjust to a god awful throw.

GEt it?

[/QUOTE]

Yah .... spin and Lie some more... we all seen the play... give it up... He sliped during the CUT, before he even looked for the ball!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Jesus Christ.  Someone get to Brady.  I cannot take this stupidity anymore. He is costing us games or almost costing us games all the time.

So tired of it.

You know what?  You need to shut the F up rusty.

You are one sick, dck.

Brady is the LEAST of this teams problems.

The problem you are seeing is 4 f'n  ROOKIES on offense, thanks to the crappiest GM in history.  Who the hell completely blows up a record setting, # 1 offense?

Without Brady, BB is a LOSER.  Just like you.

Back to the weeds again BB.  Rusty will be right there to join you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The ball was still BEHIND his route, though. It wasn't a squat route, professor.

He tripped because he was forced to adjust to a god awful throw.

GEt it?

[/QUOTE]

Behind ? looked in front of him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

An ugly win, but Amendola played with heart. Edelman and Vereen put in great efforts as well. Let's hope the Pats will settle down and improve.

I am not a coach, and certainly do not have the experience, knowledge or ability of BB.  But I am just thinking out loud: What is the best way to handle a player like Ridley, who supposedly is the feature back, but committed some costly mistakes early in the game? He fumbled one ball, which fortunately was recovered by Connelly, and then he lost that big one that resulted in a Buffalo TD.  Is it better to sit him a bit and let him settle down, and then let him play with a chip on his shoulder to try to redeem himself? A person with pride in himself and his work often will shine in those circumstances. If he blows in the next few series, today is not his day, and he should be benched for the rest of the game.  By benching him pretty much the whole game, you might be robbing yourself of the service of one of your top options.

Living well is the best revenge.

Sections
Shortcuts